Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 05-01-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Seems like everyone else is doign these so I figured I'd build one and see how our team is shaping up so far. There's still June 1 cuts and in case nobody heard the news, Marcus Vick and Manny Wright have been cut. That leads me to believe that Ricky Williams will be gone since the team has gotten rid of just about every problem player we've had from the Nick Saban era.

Depth Chart:

QB: Trent Green, John Beck, Cleo Lemon
RB: Ronnie Brown, Lorenzo Booker, Patrick Cobbs
FB: Corey Schlesinger, Reagan Mauia
WR: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Ted Ginn, Derreck Hagan, Az Hakim
LT: Vernon Carey, Mike Rosenthal
LG: Samson Satele, Dan Stevenson
C; Rex Hadnot, Drew Mormino
RG: Joe Toledo, Chris Lewinski
RT: LJ Shelton, Anthony Alabi
TE: David Martin, Justin Peelle

DE: Matt Roth, Rodrique Wright
NT: Keith Traylor, Fred Evans, Paul Soliai
DE: Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Vickerson
OLB: Jason Taylor, Abraham Wright
ILB: Zach Thomas, Derrick Pope, Jim Maxwell
ILB: Channing Crowder, Kelvin Smith
OLB: Joey Porter, Donnie Spragan
CB: Andre Goodman, Jason Allen
CB: Will Allen, Travis Daniels, Shirdonya Mitchell
FS: Yeremiah Bell, Cameron Worrell
SS: Renaldo Hill, Travaris Tillman

LS: John Denney
K: Jay Feeley
P: Brandon Fields

Practice Squad:

DE/OLB- Mkristo Bruce
CB- Geoffery Pope
OL- Tala Esera
WR- PK Sam
TE- Tim Massaquoi
DT- Steve Fifita
OL- Julius Wilson
DE- Marquay Love
OL- Stephen Parker
Old 05-01-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would be ecstatic if all of our draft picks made the team.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hmm what if mormino turns out to be a pretty good lineman? a ready to start player .. do you think hadnot will be the starter at right guard?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Early indication from the local papers is that Hadnot will be the center while Satele gets starting experience at OG.

As for all of our draft picks making the team. I think it's more then possible. Those are the 1st hand picked players our coaching staff brought in and Cam Cameron said we'd see alot of draft picks and UDFA's on the roster. I mean I had trouble just trying to get the roster all the way to 53. There's not really alot of depth. The toughest cuts were guys like Jesse Chatman and Michael Lehan so it's not a stretch to think they could keep all the draft picks

I also have to say. I love the added youth and talent all over the roster. We have been very old all over the field the past couple of year and this year it looks like we have alot of young talent like Ginn, Hagan, Booker, Brown, Beck, Carey, Hadnot, Satele, Toledo, Alabi, and Mauia to build around. Keeping adding to that over the next two years of drafting and we could have a very nice offense in the upcoming future.

The Defensive starters are all older but we got guys like Evans, Soliai, Roth, Allen, Crowder to bring in some youth at a few spots and we can keep bringing in more youth in the future through the draft there. If any of our low round picks (Rodrique Wright, Abraham Wright, Kelvin Smith, Kevin Vickerson) pan out then we could have a nice young little group on defense to add to and build around with our Pro Bowl vets for the future.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
kastofsna

the starting NT could be the rotation of Traylor/Evans/Soliai. sounds good to me.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff there man! The only problem there I see is Shelton is already cemented in as our starting RG pretty much. He showed last year the potential to be great at that position so I think Alabi will get the call at RT. That team doesn't look too bad if I must say so myself.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Good stuff there man! The only problem there I see is Shelton is already cemented in as our starting RG pretty much. He showed last year the potential to be great at that position so I think Alabi will get the call at RT. That team doesn't look too bad if I must say so myself.

Cam Cameron said at the press conference during the draft that Carey will move to LT and Shelton will move to RT. Go read the local papers. They've all reported on how Shelton is moving to RT.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Cam Cameron said at the press conference during the draft that Carey will move to LT and Shelton will move to RT. Go read the local papers. They've all reported on how Shelton is moving to RT.
Really? That's disappointing. Bad move by the phins. He is a first round bust at OT. He was showing Pro Bowl potential at OG though. UGH! I'm officially disgusted now.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I wouldnt called his proformance at RG Pro Bowl potential but he did play well there. I don't mind moving him to RT tho. Carey, Satele, Hadnot and Toledo all seems like solid players from left to right along the line and should be a solid starting group. Shelton would be a one year stop gap for Alabi or until we can draft another good RT for next season.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont mind shelton there because he always had great run blocking skills and average pass blocking skills. he should be fine and if he struggles at all we can put peele over there with him.

im more upset about hadnot staying at center despite the fact that he is a better guard than center and satele is a better center than guard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling this won't be the same offensive line unit at the end that we will start with.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, I really don't see Hadnot staying at center. Someone else mentioned it somewhere, but his line calls are apparently borderline incompetent.

What about Satele? Any idea how he handles the mental aspect of the center position?
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris Liwienski, Joe Toledo, Dan Stevenson and rookies Samson Satele and Drew Mormino are competing for the guard spots, but the Dolphins will consider moving center Rex Hadnot back to guard if Satele excels at center.
So Rex still might be moving to RG. I think that would be the smarter decision if Satele could handle it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Rex at guard and have been clamoring for it into last season. I dont think he calls out the line formations very well but he is a mean brusing blocker with the run and would love to see him next to carey to open a path.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

I love Ted Gin
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Black Majic

honestly i think the dolphins are preparing to not have trent green. Cleo is gonna get his shot. i'm excited!!!! really
Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
reese

r either of those tight ends any good?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Wow, that LB unit looks like the best in the NFL. I think Cam Cameron's play calling might bring the Dolphins an extra win next season and I am not kidding, the Dolphins to me are underrated.

This team is only missing a good OL and DBs. Hopes to you guys that Jason Allen works out.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ANBC
Veteran

ANBC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Anderson signed, is he now the starting TE?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

No, Martin was brought in to start. He is a guy Cameron wanted, Cam had nothing to do with the Anderson signing.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It looks like the starting OL for the game against Jackonville will be Carey, Mormino, Satele, Hadnot, Alabi. Hadnot's back in the line up after being benched for the beginning of camp. I'm glad Alabi is getting the chance to start because I really like him, really smart guy, only guy to get a 100 on the playbook test.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-11-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Makes no sense that Allen isn't starting at corner or FS. Thanks for wasting a 1st rounder Nick and then bailing out.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote