Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A few questions about the running backs on the roster

1. What affect will the signing of Darius Walker have on the ability of Garrett Wolfe to make the club? I know that it is rare for a third rounder to get cut but is it possible that Walker has a better camp than Wolfe, and they let Wolfe go?

2. If by some chance that Benson is injured during either the preseason or season, who becomes the starter? Is Adrian Peterson a guy who can cary the load for an entire game, or would it become a two back system where carries would go to both Wolfe and Peterson?

3. What is the main role for Wolfe this season? Also what are some things the Bears are expecting out of him as a rookie?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Wolfe will be 3rd on the depth chart and slowly get more carries as the 2nd back, because they really love AP on ST(cause he's good at it) and I think they dont want to tire him out. But you never know.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll field #3, wolfe will be into special teams as well. i'm not sure if they'll go 5-4-2 in a return formation yet seeing as wolfe hasn't had much time returning kicks... but i think he has the vision and beefy loins to probably pull it out.

i think the bears will expect him to function as the #2 back in name only. i mean, he still will be third on the depth chart, and AP will start if Benson goes down for sure... but, he'll definitely start getting some snaps as the 3DB as the season goes on.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
1. What affect will the signing of Darius Walker have on the ability of Garrett Wolfe to make the club? I know that it is rare for a third rounder to get cut but is it possible that Walker has a better camp than Wolfe, and they let Wolfe go?

2. If by some chance that Benson is injured during either the preseason or season, who becomes the starter? Is Adrian Peterson a guy who can cary the load for an entire game, or would it become a two back system where carries would go to both Wolfe and Peterson?

3. What is the main role for Wolfe this season? Also what are some things the Bears are expecting out of him as a rookie?

1. Darius Walker will have a too prove himself on special teams in order to make the team. I really think he has no chance of taking Wolfe's roster spot because Wolfe's role has been hinted as a utility role to create mismatches because of his ability to catch the ball. Darius best chance to make the team is to contribute on special teams but he does have a slim chance of beating out AP for the back up spot because he does have a different runnning style.

2. I think it's going to be a two back system anyways even with Benson healthy it's because of this two back system which could make room for 4 rb's on the roster especially if two of them can contribute on special teams.

3. Wolfe will have a utility role. That is he could be used much in the same way Westbrook is used in the passing game, which they motion him out of the backfield to get mismatches. Also he makes draws more potent. When you watch his film you can see that he'll be a mismatch concern. If Wolfe's ability to catch the ball is as good as reported than it's very possible to see both Benson and Wolfe on the field at the same time. I think Wolfe is more than a 3rd down back, Wolfe is a mismatch advantage.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Walker is a local-guy-give-him-a-chance-it-can't-hurt-to-have-him-on-the-roster-as-an-extra-body-so-the -valuable-players-don't-get-beat-up-in-training-camp guy.

He might've been a first-day pick, had he used half a brain cell and stayed in school another year.

As it stands, I'd be surprised if he makes the practice squad.

Go ahead and save this, in case it turns out I'm wrong and you want to rub my noce in it.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange View Post
Walker is a local-guy-give-him-a-chance-it-can't-hurt-to-have-him-on-the-roster-as-an-extra-body-so-the -valuable-players-don't-get-beat-up-in-training-camp guy.

He might've been a first-day pick, had he used half a brain cell and stayed in school another year.

As it stands, I'd be surprised if he makes the practice squad.

Go ahead and save this, in case it turns out I'm wrong and you want to rub my noce in it.
walker is from georgia
Old 05-04-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently Darius Walker backed out of a verbal agreement ot sign with the Bears.

"One Rosenhaus client will not be present this weekend. Notre Dame running back Darius Walker, who left school a year early only to go undrafted, has backed out on a verbal agreement to sign a free-agent contract with the Bears. His chances were not good as the Bears will keep only three running backs, and he wasn't likely to beat out Wolfe unless there was an injury."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear04.article
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
So apparently Darius Walker backed out of a verbal agreement ot sign with the Bears.

"One Rosenhaus client will not be present this weekend. Notre Dame running back Darius Walker, who left school a year early only to go undrafted, has backed out on a verbal agreement to sign a free-agent contract with the Bears. His chances were not good as the Bears will keep only three running backs, and he wasn't likely to beat out Wolfe unless there was an injury."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear04.article
Any word where Walker will look to sign after backing out of his verbal?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

notre dame...
lawl

Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNavyandOrange View Post
Enough hyphens in that description? Even if he is from Georgia, as OhioState pointed out.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
Enough hyphens in that description? Even if he is from Georgia, as OhioState pointed out.
Yea but he played college ball locally, well kind of locally anyway. I understand his decision. Darius has the talent to make an NFL roster, and let's face it, it's not going to happen in Chicago with our roster.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Notre Dame isn't a real place.
Nor is it chicago.
Shame on everyone.

Okay i'm biased because i went to BC. Sorry.