Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Shockey80

Default 2007 will be the last year mcnabb is in an eagle uniform

says sal palentonio

If you have comcast cable go to on demand and watch the taping of daily news live if your in the philadelphia general area is where I saw this.

But Palentonio says he is due 6.3 million next year, followed by 10 million in 2009. He also says their cap wouldn't take much of a hit if they release him after this season.

It wouldnt shock me to be honest
Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe it. Still Rex Grossman is an FA after this season...hmmmm. Come back to Chicago McNabb. =)
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on how he does this year, in my opinion. To say anything right now smacks of overreaction.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If he is healthy and plays well he'll retire with Philly.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing about Philly.....they have no remorse cutting players. It could be anybody, they'll cut you if they feel you don't provide any immediate results for them.

Theres no player loyalty. In a way its good, thats why they stay so competitive.

Philly also has an uncanny ability of knowing when a player is washed up, and cutting them at the perfect time. So if Philly cuts McNabb, its because he's done for.

If thats truely part of their gameplan, which isn't out of the question, then the Kolb pick looks like a wise decision.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kolb pick is wise anyway. I said before that if McNabb spends a good portion of this season injured he is done in Philly forever.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What player has left Philly as a cut and had a productive career afterwards? You could argue Troy Vincent and Trotter, but not significant. Trotter only returned to god-like form when he came back to the Eagles in 2004. The team traded Hollis Thomas, who had a great year for New Orleans. Other than that, they seem to have done very well with letting players go. I do think that Rod Hood and Michael Lewis will have success, but they were signed to above-market value contracts that the Eagles wouldn't pay.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an Eagles fan, I'm looking at reality. McNabb has helped rebuild the franchise, and he still has the smarts and the accuracy and the arm to make a difference. However, his inability to stay healthy is a big concern. As I have mentioned, the last time he played a full season in the NFL was 2003. He has had 3 major surgeries in the last 5 years and he is now 31. It is very possible that his years of max production are over.

Personally, I want Donnie to come back and dominate. I'd like to see him get 2 more years as an Eagle because I think Kolb will take that long (at least) to be groomed. The team can win right now with a healthy McNabb (assuming quality playcalling from Reid and Mornenweig). I'm not going to say he's done before the season even begins.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
As an Eagles fan, I'm looking at reality. McNabb has helped rebuild the franchise, and he still has the smarts and the accuracy and the arm to make a difference. However, his inability to stay healthy is a big concern. As I have mentioned, the last time he played a full season in the NFL was 2003. He has had 3 major surgeries in the last 5 years and he is now 31. It is very possible that his years of max production are over.

Personally, I want Donnie to come back and dominate. I'd like to see him get 2 more years as an Eagle because I think Kolb will take that long (at least) to be groomed. The team can win right now with a healthy McNabb (assuming quality playcalling from Reid and Mornenweig). I'm not going to say he's done before the season even begins.
If Philly cuts McNabb, being a Giants fan and knowing Philly decently well, its almost a guarantee that McNabb is done. Maybe not done done, but he will not be a reliable week in week out qb.

I still like Beck better than Kolb though.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If the Eagles cut McNabb, where does he even go to play? Most teams out there have younger QB's starting and earning their stripes. I'm not sure he can go many places and start. That will help seal his fate as well.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

He'd be a perfect fit in Green Bay when Favre retires. I'll take a top 5 QB.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he'll have a good come back season and put up some good numbers. He'll keep his job there's no way the Eagles would release their franchise quarterback.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McNabb could go to Green Bay, but would he really want to go in there and have to win over the fans after Favre retires? Talk about an absolute no-win situation...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I think he'll have a good come back season and put up some good numbers. He'll keep his job there's no way the Eagles would release their franchise quarterback.
If he plays all 16 games and plays well, there is no way the Eagles let him go after 2007-2008. That is pretty much a guarantee. As I said earlier, I'd like McNabb to stay with the Eagles for another 2 seasons.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McNabb could go to Green Bay, but would he really want to go in there and have to win over the fans after Favre retires? Talk about an absolute no-win situation...
Packer fans are a supportive and positive group, as long as he showed up and played we'd love to have him.

*editted for safety*
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I really don't think they'd necessarily welcome him as warmly and as quickly as you say. Following in the shoes of an all-time great is very difficult. I don't think Donnie would have as easy a time there as you think.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles continue their playcalling as it was during the Garcia era, McNabb will be fine and may even play out his contract. The beating he takes as a result of passing 65-70% of the time is too much and is the main reason he gets hurt so much. Now that Reid realizes Westbrook is the best playmaker in this offense and Tony Hunt can between the tackles, we could see a consistent rushing attack from the Birds.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trust me, most Packers fans are expecting Rodgers as their next QB so if we got McNabb people would love him.

You also have to remember that we've watched Favre set the interception record.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Theres also reports from ESPN that the eagles are no longer negotiating contracts with McNabb.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
If the Eagles continue their playcalling as it was during the Garcia era, McNabb will be fine and may even play out his contract. The beating he takes as a result of passing 65-70% of the time is too much and is the main reason he gets hurt so much. Now that Reid realizes Westbrook is the best playmaker in this offense and Tony Hunt can between the tackles, we could see a consistent rushing attack from the Birds.
I agree on most points here. However, McNabb wasn't taking a ton of shots when he was throwing 65-70% of the time in 2006. The ACL tear occurred on a simple run out of bounds. The ACL was frayed and just snapped. It was a long time coming, I think. Regardless, using the run 45% of the time to set up the pass and to control the clock is a good strategy regardless. I think we'll see a 3-headed monster in 2007 with Westbrook, Tapeh, and Buckhalter/Hunt. It will be very interesting.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
Theres also reports from ESPN that the eagles are no longer negotiating contracts with McNabb.
What the heck does that mean? McNabb is signed through 2013. What kind of negotiations would the team be going through right now?

Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If he suffers another serious injury and Kolb impresses during practices, I would not be suprised.

But both of those would have to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I agree on most points here. However, McNabb wasn't taking a ton of shots when he was throwing 65-70% of the time in 2006. The ACL tear occurred on a simple run out of bounds. The ACL was frayed and just snapped. It was a long time coming, I think. Regardless, using the run 45% of the time to set up the pass and to control the clock is a good strategy regardless. I think we'll see a 3-headed monster in 2007 with Westbrook, Tapeh, and Buckhalter/Hunt. It will be very interesting.
He just looks real stiff out there, doesn't he?

He's so stiff, it just looks like he can snap something at any moment. His moves are robotic, he's not that flexible anymore, and he looks like he doesn't carry his weight as well as he used to. I think regardless of how many times he throws, durability will be a concern.

Of course, throwing less decreases teh chances of injury. I think we'll see him run out of the pocket alot less this year.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If McNabb goes down or is unable to start the season, Feeley would be the starter right now. Kolb is nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. He needs 2 years of development on the sidelines to get the WCO down, then he'll need another year as a starter to begin to grasp the nuances. He is a project. McNabb is more than capable of leading this team to success for the next 2 years while Kolb prepares himself.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He just looks real stiff out there, doesn't he?

He's so stiff, it just looks like he can snap something at any moment. His moves are robotic, he's not that flexible anymore, and he looks like he doesn't carry his weight as well as he used to. I think regardless of how many times he throws, durability will be a concern.

Of course, throwing less decreases teh chances of injury. I think we'll see him run out of the pocket alot less this year.
McNabb looked very stiff in 2005, when he bulked up to 255 lbs. In 2006, he was down to 230 and looked very trim and fit. He regained some of his mobility, and he looked much more athletic. I assume McNabb will come back for 2007 in the 220-225 range with a thicker leg base. You are correct that he isn't carrying his weight as well. That could be a function of age affecting his metabolism, and his body thickening up with time.

McNabb has stayed in the pocket more and more the last few years. With the injuries and surgeries, he has become a pure pocket passer pretty much out of necessity because he doesn't have the burst he used to. He can still move, but he isn't an explosive runner anymore.