Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey80 View Post
those guys are all pretty mediocre for the most part.

And the Eagles havent been good enough. when it comes down to the big situation, they fail to come through.
So if you don't win the Superbowl your organization is a failure? Is this the logic you're using?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If McNabb were to be cut and Tavaris Jackson doesn't progress as planned I think Minnesota would be the ideal fit for him. He knows Childress and his system and I'm sure Childress would be extact to get him.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Go look at my previous posts. I do believe the rings and wins arguement is overrated but to get a conference championship game four years in a row is extremely impressive. McNabb when he's healthy is one of the top three in the game. You want to argue that?
Okay, you want rings and wins? Since the 2004/2005 season, McNabb has played in 19 games. In those games, the Eagles are 9-10. In those seasons, McNabb has 0 playoff appearances. When fully healthy, McNabb is on par with my top 3, but his lack of health the last 2 consecutive seasons discounts his potential effectiveness in my mind. In addition, we do not know what kind of physical shape he will be in when he returns from the ACL injury in 2007. He could have lost a lot of mobility and strength. I will argue that McNabb should not be in the top 3 because he has missed 13 games the last 2 seasons and has had 2 major season-ending surgeries during that time.

Quote:
When I did I bash all small school players? I'm talking about Houston quarterbacks.
Houston is a small school and a non-major program. They have a very abbreviated history with NFL QB's. The fact that 2 QB's were first round busts 15 and 17 years ago, respectively, means nothing in the scheme of things. 2 busts a long time ago from the same school means that those 2 QB's were busts, and it sucks. 2 QB busts is not a sample size that indicates any trend at all. Your point is taken, but it is neither strong nor highly relevant.

Quote:
Did I say Kolb would suck without a doubt? No, I didn't. It makes me raise an eyebrow that any team would consider starting a quarterback from a school that gave us David Klingler and Andre Ware. Let alone drafting one with your first pick in the draft.
Your original quote was "Every single QB from Houston has been an absolute failure. What makes you think for a second that Kolb won't suck?" You are revising what you said initially. Either you overstated your initial point, or you're restating your opinion in a way that leaves you an exit if Kolb were to succeed. No matter what you happen to do here, you overgeneralized and made yourself look silly.

Quote:
What the **** does that have to do with anything?
You made a series of irrelevant, irrational, ill-informed, and/or ignorant statements, and I called you out on all of them. Don't argue football with a real fan unless you really know the game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey80 View Post
those guys are all pretty mediocre for the most part.

And the Eagles havent been good enough. when it comes down to the big situation, they fail to come through.
Eagles 2000 to 2006/2007: 75-21 Regular Season Record, 5 division titles, 5 playoff appearances, 8-6 playoff record, 4 NFC Championship appearances, 1 NFC title/Super Bowl appearance. 0 Super Bowl wins.

Giants 2000 to 2006/2007: 58-38, 2 division titles, 4 playoff appearances, 2-4 playoff record, 1 NFL title/Super Bowl appearance. 0 Super Bowl wins.

The difference: 17 regular season W's, 1 playoff appearance, 3 division titles, 6 playoff W's. Say what you want about mediocre players. The Eagles have the results that matter as of late.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Wait, no more BS points that I get to blow up? You guys are done already? I thought you at least had some sort of weak comeback...

Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Wait, no more BS points that I get to blow up? You guys are done already? I thought you at least had some sort of weak comeback...
Eli Manning is the big11111!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That's more like it... haha

Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ontill Kolb can prove anything, McNabb a eagle...
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't even know what to say about that post, PACK... I'm pretty speechless.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even know what to say about that post, PACK... I'm pretty speechless.
Kolb has done nothing, they are not going to cut a pro bowl QB for a QB that has done nothing in the nfl. Thats just dumb.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Agreed. I think what Palentonio is reporting is that McNabb's tenure with the Eagles is potentially coming to an end after this next season. Regardless, given McNabb's large contract and injury history, it would be incredibly difficult for the Eagles to get fair value for him in a trade.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they win the NFC again or if they win in Glendale then Sal will be changing his tune. I say if Philly doesn't go far in the playoffs then they might get rid of McNabb and rebuild that offense. But if I were them I'd hang on to him, good franchise QBs don't grow on trees.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i 2 more years tell hes gone not 1

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I really like McNabb as a person and a player. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'd be glad to get him out of the division though.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If they win the NFC again or if they win in Glendale then Sal will be changing his tune. I say if Philly doesn't go far in the playoffs then they might get rid of McNabb and rebuild that offense. But if I were them I'd hang on to him, good franchise QBs don't grow on trees.
With McNabb, my first goal is having him in shape and healthy for Week 1 against the Packers. That is priority #1 right now. If he is healthy, there is no reason that the Eagles cannot compete for the NFC East title and a playoff spot. I can't say that they're the best team in the NFC, but when healthy, they should win games and make the playoffs. Once you make the playoffs, anything goes.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I really like McNabb as a person and a player. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'd be glad to get him out of the division though.
Just because McNabb is gone, it doesn't mean the Eagles are going to stink. In fact, it could spell trouble for the rest of the division because if Kolb develops like the Eagles think he can, the Eagles will remain competitive and perhaps dominant in the East for another 5-7 years...

Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't OJ win a Heisman at SC? Sorry going back to an earlier post. I guess they're kind of a big deal.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You might have caught an error I made, Snipe. Appreciate that.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No problem America's Poster
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread made me laugh.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Okay, you want rings and wins? Since the 2004/2005 season, McNabb has played in 19 games. In those games, the Eagles are 9-10. In those seasons, McNabb has 0 playoff appearances. When fully healthy, McNabb is on par with my top 3, but his lack of health the last 2 consecutive seasons discounts his potential effectiveness in my mind. In addition, we do not know what kind of physical shape he will be in when he returns from the ACL injury in 2007. He could have lost a lot of mobility and strength. I will argue that McNabb should not be in the top 3 because he has missed 13 games the last 2 seasons and has had 2 major season-ending surgeries during that time.
I said the arguement was overrated. I just find it extremely impressive a quarterback made it to four straight confrence championships on the same team. Keep in mind the Eagles were playing with a McNabb that wasn't at one hundred percent. When McNabb is completely healthy there only a handful of players in the league I would take over him. While I agree the he could have lost mobility I say we reverse judgement until he actually plays.

Quote:
Houston is a small school and a non-major program. They have a very abbreviated history with NFL QB's. The fact that 2 QB's were first round busts 15 and 17 years ago, respectively, means nothing in the scheme of things. 2 busts a long time ago from the same school means that those 2 QB's were busts, and it sucks. 2 QB busts is not a sample size that indicates any trend at all. Your point is taken, but it is neither strong nor highly relevant.
So because I bash one school's history of quarterbacks I hate all small schools? Granted they've only had three and all three of them were awful. The two that got drafted in the first round are among the top ten busts of all-time. We're talking like they were kind of bad; they were down right awful. History does tend to repeat itself. However, there are players who break the trend all together. Larry Johnson broke the mold of Penn State running back busts. I still think Kolb isn't going to fair well the in the NFL. I highly doubt he'll be as good as McNabb. If he proves me wrong then so be it.

Quote:
Your original quote was "Every single QB from Houston has been an absolute failure. What makes you think for a second that Kolb won't suck?" You are revising what you said initially. Either you overstated your initial point, or you're restating your opinion in a way that leaves you an exit if Kolb were to succeed. No matter what you happen to do here, you overgeneralized and made yourself look silly.
Read my statement again. "What makes YOU think for a second that Kolb won't suck?" I think he's going to be an average player at best in the NFL. More than likely he'll be bad. So what makes you think he'll succeed?

Quote:
You made a series of irrelevant, irrational, ill-informed, and/or ignorant statements, and I called you out on all of them. Don't argue football with a real fan unless you really know the game.
You've got some ego on you. You know that?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I said the arguement was overrated. I just find it extremely impressive a quarterback made it to four straight confrence championships on the same team. Keep in mind the Eagles were playing with a McNabb that wasn't at one hundred percent. When McNabb is completely healthy there only a handful of players in the league I would take over him. While I agree the he could have lost mobility I say we reverse judgement until he actually plays.
I think it's very impressive, but when the same QB has been injured for 2 straight seasons and is coming off an ACL surgery at age 31, you cannot claim he is top 3. I would love to agree with you, but I can't. Don't you think it's odd that you're arguing with a devoted Eagles fan about the actual quality of their franchise QB?

Quote:
So because I bash one school's history of quarterbacks I hate all small schools? Granted they've only had three and all three of them were awful. The two that got drafted in the first round are among the top ten busts of all-time. We're talking like they were kind of bad; they were down right awful. History does tend to repeat itself. However, there are players who break the trend all together. Larry Johnson broke the mold of Penn State running back busts. I still think Kolb isn't going to fair well the in the NFL. I highly doubt he'll be as good as McNabb. If he proves me wrong then so be it.
You make a fair point about the small schools. I was just pointing out that there's not an extended history of draft picks and QB's from Houston. 2 epic busts 15-17 years ago does not mean that all Houston QB's will not succeed. I can't tell you that Kolb will be awesome or even competent. I'm just saying give him 2 years to sit behind McNabb and a season of starting before you start decaliring all Houston QB's busts. If Kolb were a Tedford QB, you'd have a better argument.

Quote:
Read my statement again. "What makes YOU think for a second that Kolb won't suck?" I think he's going to be an average player at best in the NFL. More than likely he'll be bad. So what makes you think he'll succeed?
I don't make judgements about players before they take a snap in the NFL. I might suspect that this will happen, but I'm not going to go all out and declare that the guy will be a bust just because he came from the same school as 2 other busts from the early 1990's. You could easily be right, but I'm not going to say any player in the draft won't succeed until I see him playing on the field in the NFL.

Quote:
Of course I have an ego. I'm America's Poster...

Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Damnit, you again? Why do you insist on picking teams that I like and arguing stupid uninformed points? First the Texans, now the Eagles. I agree on the point that McNabb is a top qb when healthy, but you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Kolb.

Kolb is going to a team that was able to get a lot out of Jeff Garcia. Jeff Garcia isn't secretly great, he was just in a good system in Philly, and had a great offensive line in front of him. The Eagles offensive line is really quite good, and really helps the qb out. Kolb will have plenty of time to throw the ball once he gets to play. He's a pocket passer, and is very accurate. He isn't a mental case or anything, so what reason do you have to believe that he will suck?

I'm dissapointed that I didn't find this thread earlier. McNabb barring more injuries will be in Philly for a while.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but McNabb was a leading MVP candidate prior to his injury.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kolb is a good qb with a lot of starting experience. I doubt he will be a major bust.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote