Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Williams hopes to make most of new start with Raiders

Williams hopes to make most of new start with Raiders

"For some reason, I was labeled fat, lazy, or this, a pot smoker, or whatever else was said," Williams said after being traded to the Oakland Raiders. "And that was the farthest thing from it."

Click link for the whole article.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I got to watch him play against the Browns he looked very good, I was surprised with his fall out, he never looked fast but he sure got open and had good hands.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seems to state the obvious. i highly doubt he'd just give up....lets just see what he can do with the new start

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this move could end up as a major plus for Oakland. Williams looked good in limited time in Detroit, has a good relationship with Kiffin, and has a week 1 contest against Detroit to act as a motivating factor.

I don't know how much his work ethic is an issue, but I do know that we at least got what could be an absolutely amazing red-zone target. If Williams can be a solid #3, the Oakland receiving corps is probably one the most physical in the NFL, which should work out spectacularly in Kiffin's offense.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I still expect Mike Williams to have a good career. When he got on the field last year he looked very solid.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope he turns it around in Oakland. When he was at SC he was so fun to watch, if he could return to that form I would be happy for him. He went through a pretty awful past few years.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I would have thought that he wanted to come in and pick up right where he left off. That's weird.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will be a productive, but nothing special, player for Oakland.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will not be an all star for Oakland unless he changes his attitude and work ethic immediately. Maybe him being reunited with Kiffin will help, but im a little pessimistic. I used to be his number 1 fan, but he just gave up in Detroit, and didnt take advantage of what little opportunities the coaching staff gave him...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Hopefully hes motivated by Kiffin and will contribute.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's going to make a lot of people eat their words about him. I still think he has Probowl potential.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im really excited about what he will be able to do for us and I feel like hes coming into a perfect situation. The situation in Detroit was awful for him. Of course its partly his fault, but Martz didnt want him in his offense and they were trying to make him get his weight down to 220 when he played at 240 in college and just things of that nature. I expect Kiffin to use him as a possesion receiver and move the chains with him and he can be very effective at that and if he excells at that we can expand his role. I really like the array of receivers we have now. A great possesion guy in Williams with great size and hands, than a balanced receiver who can really do it all in Jerry Porter. A solid route runner with good hands, smart and RAC ability in Curry and then Higgins, a speed demon with underated hands and route running ability.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he's on, Williams is more than a possession receiver. He's very good at getting a step on the guy covering him even if he's not as fast. That's all he needs, since he positions himself very well, and has very long arms.
I still love Mike Williams. If he works and keeps his weight down, he can be a real impact player for the Raiders. The fact that Lane Kiffin is there doesn't hurt either. And one thing that people forget is that he's still only 23, and won't be 24 until next January. He's young enough to recover from what happened in Detroit. I'm really rooting for the guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
oakraiders2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
When he's on, Williams is more than a possession receiver. He's very good at getting a step on the guy covering him even if he's not as fast. That's all he needs, since he positions himself very well, and has very long arms.
I still love Mike Williams. If he works and keeps his weight down, he can be a real impact player for the Raiders. The fact that Lane Kiffin is there doesn't hurt either. And one thing that people forget is that he's still only 23, and won't be 24 until next January. He's young enough to recover from what happened in Detroit. I'm really rooting for the guy.
Damn, I thought he's like 25. He is still 23? That is pretty damn young and hopefully he can turn around his career at Oakland.

Will he be the comeback player of the year this year?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did toast Terrence Newman last year, on a smash route, for a TD.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm puzzled as to why this guy has two threads created about him in as many weeks.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got the biggest feeling that Mike Williams might've slept with someone's daughter and really upset coaches.

There's a reason why journalists write stories that are mostly positive for an organisation and with the party line, they want to keep their access.

Lets face it Mike Williams though he was lazy and overweight has a lot of skills with his hands, leaping and route running. If he can get motivated, then the Raiders are going to have a GREAT possession receiver.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can still be something in the league. I don't see him becoming spectacular, but I think he could still be solid. He never had a fair chance in Detroit. He couldn't/wouldn't drop his weight to the coaches demands and was late to a few team meatings. The Lions coaches responded by benching him and fining him a lot of money. If Williams can turn his work ethic around, I don't think he's a totally lost cause.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
FilthyRich

one of my favorite college receivers ever. i agree, millen was a douche for drafting a third big 1st round receiver as if they had peyton manning or something throwing the ball. i think him and russell will definitely coexist, because he provides a big target. really like what the raiders are doing this offseason, including the trade of moss.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland did a great great job giving up only a 4th rounder for Williams and McCown, maybe Ill go back to going to Raider games and they might actually win.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Lions made a mistake here IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
ThEsAVaGe

i think williams will be huge in oakland. now that moss is gone there is some room for him to get high on the depth chart. If jamarcus russel or whoever starts for them can get him the ball he'll be a very productive reciever. But also remember he plays in a division with 3 of the best corners in the business.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lions made a mistake here IMO.
They did and they didnt. I think it had become clear that the coaching staff didnt want him. He clearly showed he could produce at the end of last year but they really just shut him out from the start. It just wasnt working there. This will however be one of those trades that in 5 years I think people are going to say "what were they thinking". Raiders made a good move, Lions forced themselves into this move which is the bad move they made. The trade itself was inevitable and really not a bad move at all. Lets be honest they got more for BMW than the Raiders got for Moss. If someone said to you they would trade BMW for Moss, everyone would laugh.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But also remember he plays in a division with 3 of the best corners in the business.
He already had that last year. He wont be facing that guy unless he does even better than anyone thinks he will. If he is better than Porter and Curry, then the trade is a flat out win. I hope he does well to be honest, I like the guy.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice move for both Williams and Oakland. Giving Williams an opportunity to play right away and you have to believe that he is going to be in better shape and spirits being in Oakland, closer to home and with his former offensive coordinator. I wouldn't look for anything outraeous this year, but in a year or so, Oakland might have themselves a player.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote