Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.
Default NT Situation

According to Jeff Ireland, everyone should stop with this NT banter. He said that we are switching from a Big, hole plugging 2 gap NT, to more of a pentrating, quick 1 gap NT, and Ratliff will really excell behind Fergy.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is not exactly what he said. He said they will mix it up. Ready Fire Aim!
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

He said majority would be 1 gap.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

He said "more 1 gap."
Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like they are more forced to make that decision because they didn't get a quality NT in FA or the draft.

I wonder what kind of effect that will have on Wade's schemes. He was successful last year in large part due to big ole 2 gap tackle Jamaal Williams. We don't got anyone like him, so I'm guessing he'll have to hold back on some of his play calling.

Oh this is just great. We get a guy like Wade and force him to adjust his schemes that he's been successful with in the past. I'm scared of him being forced to come up with something new at this point.

Start saying your prayers fellahs... We could be in for a loooooong season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

This sucks. I dont understand why the cowboy front office can never just fully give into something. It seems like we always tamper with little things that just come back to haunt us. Just give Wade someone that works in his scheme. I dont know why we couldnt pursue Jenkins or pick up someone in the draft instead of Marten's *** ass.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

We should have took Tank at 53.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sounds like they are more forced to make that decision because they didn't get a quality NT in FA or the draft.

I wonder what kind of effect that will have on Wade's schemes. He was successful last year in large part due to big ole 2 gap tackle Jamaal Williams. We don't got anyone like him, so I'm guessing he'll have to hold back on some of his play calling.

Oh this is just great. We get a guy like Wade and force him to adjust his schemes that he's been successful with in the past. I'm scared of him being forced to come up with something new at this point.

Start saying your prayers fellahs... We could be in for a loooooong season.
Well Wade's guy was Spencer...so that goes to show what he had to think about Branch. Then we also passed on Tank at 53. FA period really had jokes available...so he came into this situation know that...now sure there are possibilities like Rogers or Jenkings...but really...we haven't had an options.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
We should have took Tank at 53.
Yeah, that was DUMB.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Well Wade's guy was Spencer...so that goes to show what he had to think about Branch. Then we also passed on Tank at 53. FA period really had jokes available...so he came into this situation know that...now sure there are possibilities like Rogers or Jenkings...but really...we haven't had an options.
Yeah, well if they were going to go for a 1 gap tackle we passed on a billion of those two. They just messed up and are trying to pull excuses out of their butts. The NT they picked up out of Nebraska as a UDFA is a 2 gap tackle, so that right there goes to show what we really needed. If they picked up 1 gap tackle types then I would believe Ireland. He's just can't admit he screwed up doing his job.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Oh yeah, and we can't blame Wade for this draft. His hands are clean. Fat boy was dunkin' donuts and looking up in the sky every time we were on the clock.

He was just happy they got Spencer because it was someone on his own personal list.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

D-Unit is right. Push over, nice guy coaches like Wade don't really have any say or do anything in the War Room. It was just for PR. He will bring the pressure though. I would have liked Tank at 53 though. I would have taken the chance of Marten or Free (which he was) being there at 122 anyway. Or take one of them at 104 and take Stanback at 122.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Best thing to do now is to start stuffing Ferguson's mouth.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Word is Fergy has slimmed down this offseason because he is concerned for his long term health. I read somewhere he was only carrying about 310 or so with a projected playing weight of 305.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think we should trade for Kris Jenkins? im not so sure, but we need a NT
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Anybody think we should trade for Kris Jenkins? im not so sure, but we need a NT
I wanted to trade for him before the draft... was willing to give up a player and a 2nd round pick. Now I don't know if we even have the chance. Are those rumors that he's available still alive?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure, just throwing the idea out there
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

I was going to bring that up, but I forgot. Is Jenkins a 3-4 NT? I can't hurt I guess.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

I'm sure he could be pryed away for the right price. The question is what is the right price He'll be 28 this season so he should have some good years left in him. He's high risk reward, he could cost you a 2nd round pick and end up on IR or in rehab for the next three years or he could dominate for another 5 or 6 seasons. I'd give a 2008 second for him assuming he is healthy and seems to be in the right frame of mind. He's the kind of guy who could excel as a 1 gap NT. He can be so freakin quick off the snap I swear he is offsides half the time.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Eh, I'd consider it a pipe dream. Not worth even discussing.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Kris Jenkins did not do mini-camp. Maybe we can job jim from NC for a 3rd rounder then take the Georgia QB for a supp 4th.

Fact is with two 1s and a 2 next year we don't need more bodies (3rd/4th round, etc) but potential stars.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Kris Jenkins did not do mini-camp. Maybe we can job jim from NC for a 3rd rounder then take the Georgia QB for a supp 4th.

Fact is with two 1s and a 2 next year we don't need more bodies (3rd/4th round, etc) but potential stars.
He should be free to pick up after June 1st cut.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Damn you guys for getting my hopes up.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
He should be free to pick up after June 1st cut.
Don't think they would flat cut him unless they had major cap problems that I know nothing about.

With that said, I have seen Jenkins play and since his last knee injury I don't think he is a 1-Gap DT or 1 Gap anything. He is not as quick as he was and is reportedly carrying 380 lbs.

To me he is the next Ted Washington. A 2 Gap beast if he accepts the assignment. To boot as a 2-Gap NT he can guarantee himself another 8-9 years of paychecks barring injury.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Don't think they would flat cut him unless they had major cap problems that I know nothing about.

With that said, I have seen Jenkins play and since his last knee injury I don't think he is a 1-Gap DT or 1 Gap anything. He is not as quick as he was and is reportedly carrying 380 lbs.

To me he is the next Ted Washington. A 2 Gap beast if he accepts the assignment. To boot as a 2-Gap NT he can guarantee himself another 8-9 years of paychecks barring injury.
He was fined close to millions $ for not in their mini camp (this could be a off season program) because of his weight problem (40 lbs over his normal weight). I believe he will be a June 1at cut.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote