Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The running game

It seems as though the focus of our whole offseason has been getting the running game back on track. That said, where does everyone think we will rank next season and perhaps even in '09, as I know some of the parts we just acquired may need time to develop?
I have to believe we will at least be back in the top half of the league, my hope is top ten. My guess, barring injuries: 9th.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether Willis McGahee performs or not next year is make or break for us. To be honest I am kind of nervous. Hopefully running behind the beast of a man named Leron McClain helps him.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I'm expecting at least a 1300 yard season with 10 TD's from Willis. I'm confident that Adam Terry will make a nice transition to right tackle, and Grubbs will be rock solid at guard. And Charm City already mentioned Le'Ron McClain
Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we will def improve
mcgahee is an improvement and our interior line will be stronger

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Willis will get at least 1,300-1,4500 yards
and 10-13 TD's

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
I think that Willis will get at least 1,300-1,4500 yards
and 10-13 TD's
Agree I think this is going to be Willis McGhee's breakout season. This will be a huge season for the Ravens in terms of rushing. I am thinking 2nd in the AFC behind San Diego, Denver I am thinking will have a drop off and KC will have a huge drop off losing keys points on the line the last two off seasons...and not replacing them.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Whether Willis McGahee performs or not next year is make or break for us. To be honest I am kind of nervous. Hopefully running behind the beast of a man named Leron McClain helps him.
While I love the McClain pick a lot has been said about featuring more of single back formations which obviously leaves no room for a fullback. Willis better grow accustomed to the I-formation cause thats Raven football!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say anywhere between 1,150-1,300 yards and 8-9 td's. Nothing spectacular, but solid production. I'm really hoping that it was the line in Buffalo that made McGahee look like an average RB. Hopefully with the new additions we made in the run blocking department, Willis will take his game to the next level.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it was BUF's line. They had one year when they had a decent line when McGahee was there.

We'll have good production. McLain, Grubbs, & Yanda (with Ogden) will create new holes for McGahee to run through.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll rank towards the bottomw of the NFL, Willis McGahee is not the answer. He is one of the most overrated RBs in the NFL, we should have traded for Thomas Jones, or traded up in the draft and got Marshawn Lynch.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Willis McGahee will get his 1000 yards and our running game will do better than last years. McGahee is more explosive than Jamal and our O-line should do the job.
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

We've definitely made strives to improve the run game. Grubbs and McGahee being the biggest signings of the offseason means that we should have enough holes for McGahee to run through. I think he will have a solid year, seeing as JL was pretty awful last year and still managed to have a decent year stats-wise. Let's just hope his character issues don't get in the way..
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I am not sure about being overrated, but I do think Willis got a large raise for potential not for production. Though the one year that Buffalo had a good line he did put up good results. It would have been a great addition to get Thomas Jones or trade up and get Marshawn Lynch, the same could be said for us trading up and taking Brady Quinn and trading Kyle Boller to someone to add picks in the 3rd or 4th round. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I think Willis is going to be a great RB for us and give us explosion that Jamal NEVER had.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Chef, I like how WIllis gives us explosion that Jamal didnt have recently.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading up to get Marshawn would have been a waste IMO. Plus I think if we traded up to 12 we woulda took Quinn. I sorta think Marshawn was a reach at 12 to be honest.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, Also I wonder if what we have to give up, would Marshawns production be better then McGahees production with his trade (tell me if this doesn't make sense I will try to fix it)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it would have taken to get Marshawn and move up to #11 we are doing much better. To move up to #11 we would have had to trade our first, 2nd, and 3rd round picks as well as an 08 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'd take Willis Mcgahee, Ben Grubbs, Yamon Figurs, and Marshal Yanda over Marshawn alone any day.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree Ghetto. Too bad I cant give out any more rep for 24 hours
Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trading up to get Marshawn would have been a waste IMO. Plus I think if we traded up to 12 we woulda took Quinn. I sorta think Marshawn was a reach at 12 to be honest.
I don't feel Lynch was a reach at 12 since he would have likely went to Green Bay at 16 so its not that much of a difference. The problem was a lack of stud running backs in this draft so he was the second best back by default. I don't like that Buffalo drafted him as a need pick as opposed to drafting the highest ranked player they had on their board. They could have easily got a Kenny Irons in the second or a Tony Hunt and they would have been fine. Drafting for need as opposed to getting the better athletes can haunt a franchise, like the Cardinals reaching on Levi Brown at 5 which I hope works out for them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
For what it would have taken to get Marshawn and move up to #11 we are doing much better. To move up to #11 we would have had to trade our first, 2nd, and 3rd round picks as well as an 08 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'd take Willis Mcgahee, Ben Grubbs, Yamon Figurs, and Marshal Yanda over Marshawn alone any day.
Agreed, I think at the very least Willis will be an upgrade over the Jamal Lewis from last year.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Agreed, I think at the very least Willis will be an upgrade over the Jamal Lewis from last year.
Well he could hardly be a downgrade. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-04-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Oh yes. He can't be worse.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
Oh yes. He can't be worse.
He could easily be worse.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Well he could be worse, but what are the chances? He brings us a better ability to catch out of the backfield and explosion Jamal didnt have the past couple of seasons.