Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 05-03-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 07 Starting Lineup

QB - McCown (Russell holding the clipboard for a little while)
HB - Jordan/Rhodes/Fargas (Bush probably wont see many carries til later in the season)
FB - Griffith
WR1 - Porter
WR2 - BMW
WR3 - Curry
WR4 - Higgins...I expect that all 4 receivers will see the field a lot as we package in different players. Porter should be the only one constantly on the field.
TE - Miller
LT - Sims (Henderson could possibly emerge as a starter sometime in the 2nd half of the season)
LG - Carlisle
C - Newberry...Grove could see his way into the starting lineup at C/OG
RG - Boothe
RT - Gallery

LE - Burgess
RE - Brayton/Moses (moses for passing downs)
DT - Sands/Kelly
DT - Sapp/Kelly...Kelly will spell both
SLB - Howard (I think we are planning on moving him, I could be wrong)
MLB - Morrison
WLB - Robert Thomas/Sam Williams....If Williams starts he'll probly play SLB and Howard would be at WLB
CB1: Fabian
CB2: Asumgha
CB3: Routt (is he in for a breakout year?)
FS - Schweigert
SS - Huff

RS - Carr
K - Janikowski
P - Lechler

Honestly that doesnt look too bad and I feel like we have a pretty deep roster also. I love the depth we have at the skill positions.

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 05-03-2007 at 04:02 AM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is my two cents

QB-McCown-Russell will see action in the fourth quarter of games out of reach and will make a start or two if we are completely out of it by the end of the year)
RB-Jordan/Rhodes/Fargas (Bush will see action later in the year)
FB-Griffith
WR-Porter
WR-Curry (when we go 3 wide Curry will play the slot)
WR-BMW
WR-Higgins (I expect him to play quite a bit)
TE-Miller
LT-Sims/Gallery
LR-Carlisle/Grove
C-Newberry/Grove
RG-Boothe/Grove
RT-Gallery/Henderson

LE-Burgess
RE-Kelly (Moses or Huntley on passing downs)
DT-Sands (Kelly on passing downs)
DT-Sapp
SLB-Howard/Williams
MLB-Morrison
WLB-Bing/Thomas
CB-Aso
CB-Fab
CB-Routt
FS-Stu (this is his breakout year, if he struggles you could see Huff at FS and Frampton at SS)
SS-Huff (5 picks and two ff's tisyear)

KR-Carr
PR-Higgins
P-Lechler
K-Jano
Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OP, I think that BMW, for the time being, is our #3 wideout. Also, Kelly has apparently move outside while Brayton has moved inside.

And Mario Henderson is nowhere near starting.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally think Ronald Curry would be a better number 2 reieiver than MW will be.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would really like to see Bing win the job and I think Tommy Kelly will be moving to DE

Burgess
Sapp
Sands
Kelly

Howard
Morrison
Bing

I like that front seven the best.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Robert Thomas over Bing or Williams right now.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think curry will be our 2nd wr

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

from what Ive heard it looks like Brayton will move to the inside and Kelly will move to the Outside.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Bing win the job. Also i think BMW will be our 3rd receiver and Cury our no. 2...baring injury of course

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry is a stud when healthy, he definitely should be the #2.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quarterback - I'm calling Josh McCown to start the season, but once the Raiders are eliminated, say around week 9 or so, Russell will take over.

Runningback - I have no idea how his MCL is doing, but LaMont Jordan should be the guy to start the season.

Fullback - Pretty much a no-brainer. Justin Griffith.

Wide Receiver - I think Jerry Porter has a lock on the #1 spot, and I don't see anyone beating out Ronald Curry for the #2 spot either. I think Williams and Higgins are the next in line.

Tight End - Less of a no-brainer, but I'd wager big money on Zach Miller.

Left Tackle - Seems to be a battle of Sims and Gallery. I'm going to say that Robert Gallery will win the spot.

Left Guard - Should be the most interesting battle in all of camp. McQuistan, Boothe, Husley, and possibly Grove all have realistic shots. In the end, I say that Brad Hulsey ends up the starter.

Center - Treu is still around, but this appears to be between Grove and Newberry. If he's healthy, I think it's a slam dunk. Jeremy Newberry.

Right Guard - I think this one's pretty cut and dry. Newcomer Cooper Carlisle is an experienced cut blocker.

Right Tackle - Loser of the LT battle gets this as a consolation prize, so that means you Barry Sims.

Right Defensive End - This spot is likely going to see a lot of rotation. Both Moses and Brayton figure to see some time here, but I'd bet that Tommy Kelly is the official starter.

Nosetackle - I don't think there's any question after the contract we gave him. Terdell Sands.

Undertackle - No question here either. The still effective Warren Sapp.

Left Defensive End - Hmmm. This is a tough one. I'm gonna guess and say Derrick Burgess.

Weakside Linebacker - Robert Thomas and Sam Williams are going to get their shot with Howard moving to strongside, but I'm going to reach for the sky and say that Darnell Bing wins this spot.

Middle Linebacker - Shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind. Kirk Morrison.

Strongside Linebacker - I'm assuming the team will do the right thing and move Thomas Howard to his real position.

Right Cornerback - He goes by many names: Alphabet Soup, Scrabble, etc, and he might end being called one of the top 5 highest paid corners in the NFL. But for right now I'll just call him Nnamdi Asomugha.

Strong Safety - I kinda doubt Mr. Frampton is going to unseat the studly Michael Huff.

Free Safety - He catches undue amounts of flak, and probably deserves as much recognition as anyone for the secondaries success. The secondary call-maker Stuart Schweigert.

Left Cornerback - I have high hopes for this kid, and I think he'll make that leap to playmaker this year. Fabulous Fabian Washington is my pick.

Nickel Cornerback - This is kind of a weakspot, with many possible options. I'm going to be optimistic and say that Stanford Routt wins the job and legitimizes his high draft selection.

Special Teamers - Do we really need to think about this? Seabass the Raver Polack is going to kick, Lechler the Great is going to Punt, and Chris Carr the...um...fumbler is going to return kicks and punts.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Courtney Anderson going to be our second TE or is Tony Stewart?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Is Courtney Anderson going to be our second TE or is Tony Stewart?
I'd bet money on Anderson. He's a good enough blocker to beat out Stewart for the spot.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Im just curious how you think that Hulsey will beat out both Boothe and Grove.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Im just curious how you think that Hulsey will beat out both Boothe and Grove.
I'm not entirely sure Grove is going to get many snaps at guard, so that means Husley, a fairly classic ZBS guard has to beat out the terrible McQuistan and Boothe, who was only drafted because Cornell ran Shell's blocking system. Boothe is going to take a step back in this scheme, McQuistan might take a step forward, but the ZBS requires experienced and intelligent linemen, and Hulsey fits that description fairly well.

If Grove gets a fair shot then I think he could walk away with the job.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'd bet money on Anderson. He's a good enough blocker to beat out Stewart for the spot.
cant catch a ball if his life depended on it though

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
cant catch a ball if his life depended on it though
Stewart ain't exactly that sure handed either. Anderson has the size to carry the blocking load that Miller can't.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hope he can get it together cause he is a big boy. him and stewart will be battling all preseson.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't see Corey Hulsey winning the battle at any position. In fact, I think he is going to be cut by the end of the preseason with all the depth the Raiders have across the line. I think Boothe and Carlisle will be our starting OGs with an ever so slight chance than Grove beats out Carlisle and Carlisle gets cut.

I like the Carlisle signing, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he turns into a Dwayne Rudd type of pickup--a guy picked up and assumed to be a starter but just doesn't cut it so he gets cut.

I also think that McQuistan is likely to be in the mix for RT--especially if Gallery is the one who wins the LT spot. Sims' cap number is over $5.5 million if I recall, so if the Raiders can somehow replace him I think they will.

Gallery - Boothe - Newberry - Carlisle/Grove - McQuistan

That would be my ideal lineup from left to right. I also think that the Raiders cut Treu and have Morris play 3rd string C and LS.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I really think that Boothe is going to regress with the new scheme. He was easily our best offensive lineman last year because he was the only one for which Shell's blocking system was natural. If most of our linemen were like fish out of water last year, that's what this year will be like for Boothe.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bing has been moved back to safety so take him out of any LB discussion and he is now # 29, will probably play like a 4th LB in running or rush situations.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Bing has been moved back to safety so take him out of any LB discussion and he is now # 29, will probably play like a 4th LB in running or rush situations.
Damn, I was kind of hoping he would play LB...giving us an extremely fast LB crew.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah, im having mixed feelings on him movein beack to SS.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

With the news on Bing, this is what I envision.

Running downs
WLB - Howard
MLB - Morrison
SLB - Williams/Thomas
SS - Bing
FS - Huff

Passing downs
WLB - Howard
MLB - Morrison
SLB - Williams/Thomas
SS - Huff
FS - Schweigert
Old 05-04-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

you guys think we will have top 5 defence this year? i say atleast top 10 cuz last year was very good.

My Raiders Mock