Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pollack Wants to Play Again

Quote:
"Absolutely that's what I want," Pollack said while signing autographs at the conclusion of the festivities. "If I get cleared to play football, I'm going to play football.

"There is no Plan B," Pollack continued. "It's all Plan A right now. If I get detoured from Plan A, then I'll start thinking about something else."
This is from last night so things are still looking good. I would like to know what kind of time table there is. Wonder if he'll open on the PUP or IR.

I would really like to see him come back next year and move back to DE and team up with Frostee to take over Justins old spot.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd still rather see him at linebacker, unless we somehow create a great group of linebackers with the 10 LB projects we have.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i want him to play, but i would like him to know that I think he should do whats best for him, but to make sure that he is fully healed until he does anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

he has said himself numerous times that if he comes back hed like to move back to DE
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Apparently LBer would be somewhat dangerous for him. If the docs say he can return without any more chance at injury than the next guy, let him do it as a DE. Heck, the guy has played DT and DE in college before coming here as a LBer. His personality alone can light a fire.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I think Everett makes the team or at least practice squad. I think Henderson makes the team and contributes as a pass rusher.. They just signed Harwell. We'll be OK at LBer. I don't see Frazier making the squad this season.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bingo. Jeanty was solid last year (AS A ROOKIE AT A NEW POSITION) and Henderson is the new backup at SLB (assuming Ahmad in the middle).

We'll be thin at DE next year as well and it's just better for Pollacks health for him to go to DE where he was very productive as a pass rusher.

We're not as bad at LB as some people make it out to be IMO. Let these guys develop. Ahmad and Jeanty are starters in this league, Landon and Caleb are good backups and if Odell ever comes back we know how he is.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was so excited when we drafted him. I about cried when I saw him go down with the injury.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been a huge pollack fan(since the UGA days) and i actually have had some sporadic contact with him because his wife is good friends with one of the clients my mom has. i worked at his benefit last year and have numerous signed memorabilia. he's a great man and i was never convinced he had a shot at coming back until i heard it from the horses mouth. i have since received confirmation on this and he is working like crazy to make it happen and as long as there are no setbacks we could see him as early as week 8-9. i have never heard anything of him wanting to go back to DE, but what player wouldnt want to play their natural position. anyways, i just want him back preferably at linebacker so he can confuse the hell out of defenses, then destroy them which he was well on his way to doing this year.

EDIT: btw you don't have to believe me, but i couldnt make this up and you can take it FWIW.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im expecting he makes a comeback in 08
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
ive been a huge pollack fan(since the UGA days) and i actually have had some sporadic contact with him because his wife is good friends with one of the clients my mom has. i worked at his benefit last year and have numerous signed memorabilia. he's a great man and i was never convinced he had a shot at coming back until i heard it from the horses mouth. i have since received confirmation on this and he is working like crazy to make it happen and as long as there are no setbacks we could see him as early as week 8-9. i have never heard anything of him wanting to go back to DE, but what player wouldnt want to play their natural position. anyways, i just want him back preferably at linebacker so he can confuse the hell out of defenses, then destroy them which he was well on his way to doing this year.

EDIT: btw you don't have to believe me, but i couldnt make this up and you can take it FWIW.
Thanks man, that's very encouraging to know he's actually targeting a comeback next season. Granted the chances are slim but the fact that there's potential for it is great to hear.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the chances are better than what were all thinking. im not rly expecting it but it could happen like i said possibly halfway thru this year. i can't wait to see him suit up again if he can, he's gonna b on special player.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I found me a Pollack jersey for $7.88 and I thought whether the guy comes back or not, he's the type player that I would always be proud to wear his jersey....especially for $7.88.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I found me a Pollack jersey for $7.88 and I thought whether the guy comes back or not, he's the type player that I would always be proud to wear his jersey....especially for $7.88.
$7.88 is one random price haha

The pass rush would actually be existant if he came back.

Ahmad in the middle, Henderson rushing the QB at SLB, Pollack and Geathers at the ends... We might actually have some sort of pass rush in '08.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

We haven't really gotten to see much of Henderson but I always go back to the fact that while playing in the same conference as Mario Williams, it was Henderson who had more sacks and more stops behind the line of schrimage. He could be a real find for us.