Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Just thought it would be neat to lay out all 32 NFL Teams to see which ones have a "franchise QB." It is in no particular order and teams without any clear cut QB I will discuss later

AFC East
Buffalo: Looks like JP Losman is their guy after they passed on Brady Quinn. But what if he has a horrible season in 07?
Miami: They drafted John Beck in the 2nd round and tried to sneak into the first to secure him. Beck is their guy.
Patriots: Tom Brady
New York Jets: They have Chad Pennington, but if he gets injured 2006 2nd round pick Kellen Clemens will step in.
Cincinnati: Carson Palmer
Cleveland: Brady Quinn/Charlie Frye (if he plays great)
Pittsburgh: Ben Roethlisberger
Houston: Matt Schuab
Indinapolis: I forgot his name [/sarcasm]
Tennessee: Vince Young
Denver: Jay Cutler
Oakland: Jamarcus Russell
San Diego: Phillip Rivers
Dallas: Tony Romo for now but lets see after 2007
New York Giants: Eli Manning
Philadelphia: It's Donovan McNabb's job to lose
Washington Redskins: Jason Campbell
Chicago Bears: Lets give Rex Grossman another season
Detroit Lions: Drew Stanton
Minnesota Vikings: Tavarius Jackson
Atlanta Falcons: Michael Vick, but I think he is on the hot seat...if he doesn't produce next season will he ever?
New Orleans Saints: Drew Brees
Arizona Cardinals: Matt Leinart
Saint Louis Rams: Marc Bulger
San Francisco 49ers: Alex Smith
Seattle Seahawks: Matt Hasselbeck

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: A big QB battle between Chris Simms and Jeff Garcia will happen in training camp.

Carolina Panthers: Jake Delhomme/David Carr...what a QB battle this will be.

Baltimore: McNair is the starter, but this team doesn't really have someone who will carry them for the next 8-10 years and Troy Smith just isn't an NFL starter imo. This team needs to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds next year.

Kansas City: Idk if Huard really is a franchise QB...is Croyle their future?

Jacksonville: Looks like they are going to stick with Leftwich for another season after passing on Quinn at #21. But who knows? I think they will take a QB in the first round next year if Leftwich plays bad/gets injured.

Green Bay Packers: Lets see how Aaron Rodgers does in 2007...if he does anything...when will Favre retire?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Detroit Lions: Drew Stanton
I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I don't get how you can say that Michael Vick might not be a franchise quarterback but Tavaris Jackson is? (If I read this correctly)

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO answear your question...Favre will never retire
Also I think next year the Jags will take Brennan or Henne. I doubt that they'll do bad enough to get in position to take Brohm

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chris Simms reestablishes himself ala 2005 he will once again be labeled our franchise QB.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie Croyle will be MVP just you wait...lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If JP Losman doesnt produce Buffalo always has Trent Edwards
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Drew Stanton, and John Beck are franchise QBs then Troy Smith is a franchise QB.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I hate this thread... Yep, I definitely do.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Croyle can stay on the field he will be a solid QB for the Chiefs but I'm not ready to say he will be there franchise QB. That being said the Chiefs have only had 3-4 franchise type QB's they have had many solid QB's threw the years but not to many franchise QB's.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Garcia beats out Simms at TB then right off the season and the short term future of that club. Simms (or next yrs draft pick) is the future at QB and the sooner they realise it the sooner they march towards success

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me a franchise QB is a guy that can take him team to the SB or at least to the playoffs year in and year out. When I think franchise QB I think of guys like Brady,Manning and McNabb there is a difference between a solid QB and a franchise QB.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre is eternal; he'll never retire!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This thread tells me people don't realize what a franchise QB really is.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I just threw up in my mouth.
Stanton will be the best QB from the 2007 draft.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
If Chris Simms reestablishes himself ala 2005 he will once again be labeled our franchise QB.
Chris Simms has never been labeled a franchise QB, and I doubt that he ever will.

There are only a few franchise QBs in the league.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jacoblang91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
If Drew Stanton, and John Beck are franchise QBs then Troy Smith is a franchise QB.
I concur with that statement.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Stanton will be the best QB from the 2007 draft.
I caan see that happening

Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Chris Simms has never been labeled a franchise QB, and I doubt that he ever will.

There are only a few franchise QBs in the league.
He did an excellent job in '05. He's got a great chance

Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

How is Drew Stanton considered to be a future for the Lions when Croyle isnt considered a future for the Chiefs?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

why does everyone hate on tauvaris jackson? he didn't play spectacular but he played like any other rookie QB. If he was some 1st round pick, everyone would be saying, give him one more chance.Alex smith threw 11 int his rookie year and look at his improvement last season. All I am tryin to say is lets see how he does when the season starts and then you can make your decsion on him.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Chris Simms is our franchise QB. You call me a pessimist ;)?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
As much as it pains me to agree with this I must because the logic is sound.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simms = Future HOF

(bucs/jersey homerism ftw)

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being able to say that my team even has a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.