Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 11-03-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1 Rounder, Some Explanation

i'm no expert so i'm expecting i have a couple of bad picks, and some we don't draft ______ in round 1, or he doesn't fit our scheme, but take it easy on me. please vote on your team's pick.

1. Arizona-Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: The Cardinals biggest need is O-line and if they don?t trade down they?ll get Thomas, who is the best one in the draft.
2. Miami- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: A tall receiver to go with Chambers.
3. Detroit- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: The Lions aren?t content with Kitna starting.
4. Oakland- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: The Raiders need to get some pressure on the QB.
5. San Francisco- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: The 49ers pass defense is bad and they could use a lot of help.
6. Tennessee- Sam Baker, OT, U.S.C: Tennessee need a tackle to boost their running game and protect the QB.
7. Houston- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma: If Adrian does slide to 7 the Texans would be delighted to add him.
8. Cleveland- Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia: The D-line is getting old and they could use a good pass rusher.
9. Buffalo- Dwayne Jarrett, WR, U.S.C.: A big receiver to help out Losman.
10. Tampa Bay- Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State: A solid DT to plug the middle.
11. Washington- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
12. Pittsburgh- Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
13. Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Califorinia
14. New York Jets-Laron Landry, S, L.S.U
15. Philadelphia- Tedd Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
16. Carolina- Patrick Willis, MLB, Ole Miss
17. Minnesota- Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
18. St. Louis- Lamar Woodley, DE, Michigan
19. New England*- Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
20. Kansas City- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
21. Dallas- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
22. Jacksonville- Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
23. Cincinnati- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
24. San Diego- Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State
25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
26. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
27. New Orleans- Zach Miller, TE, Arizona
28. Denver- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
29. New York Giants- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
30. New England- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
31. Indianapolis- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
32. Chicago- Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

*aquired in trade from Seattle

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink

Great Cardinals pick

Terrible Colts pick, why did you give him to us?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
horrible pick. not only is he a shady character he doesn't fit a need. we need a NT not a 286 pound UT like we already have 2 of. we need a DE and we need a S. we woudl go DE or S i nthe first before we would go DT anyway. in this situation however Frank Okam is hte pick.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it highly unlikely that Tennessee will draft an OT in round 1. We are set at LT with Mike Roos, so no need to touch that spot.

As for RT, it's a possibility, but a very small one as of right now. We drafted David Stewart in the 4th round last year and he's got the position locked up. Granted, he's only played in 5 games, but so far, so good. Couple that with the fact that the only OL position that Floyd Reese seems to value come draft day is LT, and I don't think we look at one.

On the OL, we need a RG to replace Benji Olson, and maybe a C for when Mawae retires. RG moreso, though.

Not sure who I'd pick at #6 though based on who's left on the board.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins pick of McCauley great great amazing although it would be hard to pass on Landry cause him and ST21 would be crazy, the Ravens pick of Stanton is just horrible, I mean horrible. Again Texans have no need for Adrian Peterson. Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, Ron Dayne, and Domanick Davis, they don't need him, they passed on Reggie last year and now they have a legit RB in Lundy with Dom Davis and Gado backing him up. Texans have much bigger holes.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

take samardajzia away from Pats..give us Griffin..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks good for Tampa.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink

Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :D
Old 11-03-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ejruiz777

I agree with the Falcons fan that said that you should give them Okam instead of Marcus Thomas. You can then give him to the Broncos or go with someone like Eric Weddle, S, Utah. All in all, I think this is a good mock, especially since it seems to be one of your first.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch Marcus Thomas in the first round at all, there are better players and more importantly better characters than him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddygoombatts
Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :D
i remembered giving him to the jets, but obviously i didn't. my DTs are a little screwed up. i wasn't aware of Thomas's issues and i should have definitaly had Okam higher then him, and Branch above both.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant argue with Lynch.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Don Killuminati

Great Oakland pick.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rufus...Rufus...Rufus....Rufus....Rufus

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans don't need a tackle. They need inside help on OL, not outside, and that's highly unlikely going to be coming in the 1st round.

Adrian Peterson, Moses, Landry, maybe even Pitcock if Haynesworth is released/traded, McCauley and Ginn Jr are better picks for the Titans.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:43 AM    (permalink

t
e
r
r
i
b
l
e
Old 11-04-2006, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see tight end being taken round one. Espcially with how productive Clark has been. Rufus Alexander is the pick right there. Maybe a SS like Eric Weddle but Rufus should be the pick there.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for the Patriots. I didn't like Jeff S. much, because WR isn't our biggest need, but I loved Darrelle Revis that late.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: 1 Rounder, Some Explanation

This is alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
12. Pittsburgh- Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
He's no a 3-4 OLB.

Quote:
20. Kansas City- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Kansas City has hope for Brodie Croyle as their future.

Quote:
21. Dallas- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Give us Antoine Cason.

Quote:
26. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
Baltimore still has hope that the still young Kyle Boller is their future

Quote:
31. Indianapolis- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
They don't need help at tackle. They've got very good tackles. They need a guard if anything on the line, which they won't pick for the line. They need some Defense.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staubach I've realized you say stuff about other teams picks quite often and more times than not are wrong on at least some of them. Baltimore has pretty much given up on Boller. They gave him his time and he didn't progress. Also you were wrong on your own team, Brown is a much better pick than Cason right now. Cason isn't going to leave early because he is playing like trash right now. OT might be the pick in Indy as well, and I actually like Long there, good value and may be able to play guard then move outside when Glenn leaves.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Again, Lynch at 13 i would be happy with that pick for value and in terms of other players we could have selected

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink

Ugh. Saints don't need a Tight End in Rd 1. DT, CB, and LB are MUCH bigger needs.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't like the Jets pick. Even though it is great value, we have absolutely no need for him. Woodley, Brown, Blalock would all be better picks here and possibly even Jake Long.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.
Default Re: 1 Rounder, Some Explanation

Quote:

19. New England*- Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

23. Cincinnati- Michael Griffin, S, Texas

30. New England- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
I would pick Michael Griffin at 19 instead of Samardzija. WR is not a that important need, especially in first round.

I don't know well Revis, but the Pats would surely welcome a good CB. I wonder if there is value for an ILB there because it is their most important need.
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious who do you see Levi replacing as far as OT goes on our line? Feel that Blalocks versatility would land him in big d imo. Rivera is the weakest link in our line...go figure.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote