Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 Maryland Prospects?

They seem to churn out a Quick-Rising Freak every once in a while.. Vernon Davis and Shawne Merriman for example.. Are they going to have one this year?

Is Jared Gaither it, or do they have a player or two ready to jump up draft boards with their freakish skills?

ERU, I'm looking at you.....
Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dre Moore.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like mentioned Dre Moore, 6-4 310, 4.8 40.

Derrius Heyward-Bey is freakishly fast. Erin Henderson is very athletic, not sure if he is freakish though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB is crazy sick
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Haynos has some good measurables. He's a guy to look out for.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting for ERU to come in and school us all on some Terp knowledge.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haynos is awesome. Moore is a freak. Gaither is the biggest underacheiver on the squad.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I would like some perspective from a Maryland guy on some of their prospects.
Darrius Heyward-Bey looks great. Watched him tear up Miami last year. Beat them by himself basically.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what exactly happened with Wes Jefferson?

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ERU is on the juice. Hence his posting performance.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
ERU is on the juice. Hence his posting performance.
ERU's got nothing on me.

<3 you ERU ;-)

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
what exactly happened with Wes Jefferson?
He graduated and quit football to become a state cop.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cmon now, i goto umd... i think i know more than ERU

along with dre moore, gaither, henderson (great athelete, not a freak though), and the fast darrius heyward bey,

also TE jason goode, fastest, strongest TE and had a 37" VJ in 06, only 6'3" but watch out for him
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Christian Varner might not get much pub but he is a good safety prospect in what is expected to be a weak class. While not a physical freak he should put up some good combine numbers, probably a 38 inch vert and a 40 time in the mid to high 4.4 range. He's instinctive, physical, smart and a guy to keep an eye out for.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
cmon now, i goto umd... i think i know more than ERU

along with dre moore, gaither, henderson (great athelete, not a freak though), and the fast darrius heyward bey,

also TE jason goode, fastest, strongest TE and had a 37" VJ in 06, only 6'3" but watch out for him

Ohhh PAHHHLEASE!! ERU will bite off your head and you know the rest.
Quote:
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyward- Bey, Dre Moore, Gathier, and Erin Henderson (better version of his brother) will be the ones to watch this year. Wait until next year when Antwine Perez (safety transfer from USC) comes in and starts laying out people. The dude is a stud and is heavily compared to Ronnie Lott. Also when Josh Portis gets his shot to start at QB (probably year after next) he will be very fun to watch. The terps have alot of promise for next year. I think if Heyward-Bey has a Robert Meachem type season he can move into the 1st round and its very possible because the dude is a burner and hes still got size at 6'3. I wouldnt be suprised if he ran a sub 4.4 40. Heyward-Beys draft stock is gonna rely on Jordan Steffey our QB who will be our new starting QB.

The safest bet for a freak athlete in the 1st round is Gathier though, the man is a monster. I think the true workout warrior will be Dre Moore though, look for him to light the combine up like Merriman and Davis did.

Last edited by ccB : 05-04-2007 at 11:08 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Heyward-Bey is very solid. I think he is more like a Bowe size wise and might be a touch bigger. If he gets about 1200 receiving yards, 8 tds I'd label him late 1st rounder for sure.
Quote:
Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah DHB is really the total package, he has the speed and size to become a first round WR

if he stays til his senior year i wouldnt be surprised to see him as a top 16 pick
Old 05-04-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Heyward- Bey, Dre Moore, Gathier, and Erin Henderson (better version of his brother) will be the ones to watch this year. Wait until next year when Antwine Perez (safety transfer from USC) comes in and starts laying out people. The dude is a stud and is heavily compared to Ronnie Lott. Also when Josh Portis gets his shot to start at QB (probably year after next) he will be very fun to watch. The terps have alot of promise for next year. I think if Heyward-Bey has a Robert Meachem type season he can move into the 1st round and its very possible because the dude is a burner and hes still got size at 6'3. I wouldnt be suprised if he ran a sub 4.4 40. Heyward-Beys draft stock is gonna rely on Jordan Steffey our QB who will be our new starting QB.

The safest bet for a freak athlete in the 1st round is Gathier though, the man is a monster. I think the true workout warrior will be Dre Moore though, look for him to light the combine up like Merriman and Davis did.

Exactly. I saw a bunch of the maryland games last year and actually got to go down on the field cause my buddy is an AT there. I saw Gathier walk by me, and the mans a freakin mountain. It's like Shaq threw on football pads. I also remember seeing the dlineman run and saying to my buddy that these guys weigh almost twice what i do, and are almost as fast. He then points to Moore and says, "he is faster." Crab cakes and football, apparantly its what maryland does to ya.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Crab cakes and football, apparantly its what maryland does to ya.
ya damn right!

now just throw some old bay on everything
Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Roid U ;)

I'm higher on Gaither than most. I think he'll end up being a sure-fire 1st rounder, probably in the top half. I could easily see him competing with Baker and Long to be the first OT selected.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Roid U ;)

I'm higher on Gaither than most. I think he'll end up being a sure-fire 1st rounder, probably in the top half. I could easily see him competing with Baker and Long to be the first OT selected.
Yeah, I'm with you on Gaither. Probably the most talented offensive linemen in college right now. The guys truly massive.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

hopefully gaither even plays next year

hes "been excused from spring practice to focus on his academics"

aka right now he is ineligible for next year
Old 05-04-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Heyward-Bey is very solid. I think he is more like a Bowe size wise and might be a touch bigger. If he gets about 1200 receiving yards, 8 tds I'd label him late 1st rounder for sure.
You are right about him having potential to be Bowe's size but he is arguably the fastest Receiver in college football, ran a 4.3 coming in will probably test under 4.3 at the combine, not often a 6-2/6-3" player runs a sub 4.3

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Crab cakes and football, apparantly its what maryland does to ya.
Its only fitting that I am having Crab Cakes for dinner tonight!