Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Why is Rhema McKnight still unsigned?

Any idea why this kid hasn't even been signed to a UDFA contract after not being drafted? Seems very odd.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
Any idea why this kid hasn't even been signed to a UDFA contract after not being drafted? Seems very odd.
He's not unsigned. He signed a UDFA contract with the New Orleans Saints.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he can contribute to us in some way.. before I start putting him in our WR depth chart, I just hope he has a solid training camp and can find a spot on special teams first.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he should fit in well in that NO offense.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Why? He sucks thats why. OK I am jumping to conclusions, who is the kid? If he is undrafted he either went to a small school, got injured, or sucked...
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
he should fit in well in that NO offense.
Is there offense based on dropping balls? Because then he will thrive.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Hopefully he can contribute to us in some way.. before I start putting him in our WR depth chart, I just hope he has a solid training camp and can find a spot on special teams first.
Oh Flyboy I looked up Belladonna, some pretty hardcore stuff.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Oh Flyboy I looked up Belladonna, some pretty hardcore stuff.
Gap-Toothed Goddess
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Gap-Toothed Goddess
There is not only a gap in the teeth....
Old 05-04-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why? He sucks thats why. OK I am jumping to conclusions, who is the kid? If he is undrafted he either went to a small school, got injured, or sucked...
He went to Notre Dame but got injured in 2005 (was a 5th year senior) in 06. He put up some nice numbers, but I don't know the other details on him...(67 for 907 and 15 TD)
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he should have been drafted, but if Mike Haas couldn't make the Saints with more size, far better hands, and better route running ability, then McKnight has basically no shot. He can run routes and has decent measurables, but that's about it.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has hands like a volleyball front liner.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
he played solid for notre dame, but nothing too special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is good in the redzone becuase of his size an dleaping ability, he also has good concentration on the ball when in the air and adjusting to it. I agree that he should have definetly been drafted and he will fit well in New Orleans if used right. I really wish the Bills would have grabbed him, he would have be perfect opposite of Lee Evans.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way he makes the team.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
WeatherMike
Rookie

WeatherMike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
No way he makes the team.
I disagree. He definately has a decent shot. The two possession type of WRs are Marques Colston and Terrance Copper. The stretch the field type of WRs are Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson. Those guys are locks. The Saints have kept six receivers for as long as I can remember, so that leaves six guys fighting for two jobs:

Jamal Jones
David Patten
Dante Ridgeway
Michael Lewis
Rhema McKnight
Lance Moore

The Saints insist their bottom WRs play special teams. That's why Mike Hass got cut last year while Jones didn't. This means that Patten probably has no shot. Ridgeway and Moore were around last year and couldn't beat out Jones, so it's unlikely they'll do so last year. And the only way Michael Lewis makes it is if he holds on to the kickoff return job. David Jones and Pierre Thomas have the resumes to give him a push there, and Antonio Pittman and Joe Porter have the physical skills to do it. So if McKnight can play special teams (given his physical nature, it seems likely) and live up to his pre-draft billing, he will make the team.

Injuries and camp change everything, but this is my best guess with what we know now.
WeatherMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about Practice Squad too. If he doesn't make the Saints you have to imagine they will get him on the PS as long as another team doesn't put him on their team.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
yes you are jumping to conclusions he went to Notre Dame and he was injured alot that is why he is an UDFA
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought of McKnight as a 4-7 round prospect.

I was ecstatic when I found out we signed him. Payton wants his WR's to play ST (the WR's on the bottom of the depth chart) so thats why Mike Hass was cut.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
He's not unsigned. He signed a UDFA contract with the New Orleans Saints.
That end the conversation; he'll probably thrive though if he's given a chance like very other wideout in that offense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Rhema McKnight is so inconsistent at catching.Its been infuriating to watch him this past season.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's got big play potential written all over him.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I can see this becoming a Quinn/Russell debate.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Rhema McKnight is so inconsistent at catching.Its been infuriating to watch him this past season.
No more inconsistent than Devery Henderson already is.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sucks. Worst hands in the whole draft, makes Joe Thomas' hands look like a pro-bowler's. He's slow, not agood route runner, no ups. Don't expect anything out of McKnight.