Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
teneight
Rookie

teneight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default calvin johnson will not be the best rookie WR next year.

that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR.

seems to me like a lot of people were riding his sack before the draft. they even seem to call him a 'cant miss'. the best WR in 10 years...he was basically praised like he was GOD himself. lol @ predraft hype.
teneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneight View Post
that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR
Care to use an arguement?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
teneight
Rookie

teneight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Care to use an arguement?

he is just very overhyped...especially after the combine with his overrated 40time.

40times... they should just basically stop running them. a lot of players fall and rise just because of the time...it makes me sick

it would be much better if they actually did drills with pads at the combine.
teneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he was basically praised like he was GOD himself.
He isn't? Liar.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who will be then? i see no reason why he won't be, he is by far the most talented
Old 05-04-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson was highly touted BEFORE the combine.. before this season, before last season.. Everyone knew what he was..
Old 05-04-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Umm Calvin Johnson had a stellar career at GT with Reggie Ball as his QB, has all the talent you can ask for, 6'5'', 240, great hands, incredible body control, physical, great leaping ability, can go across the middle, showed he has the straightline speed to beat CBs on go routes and get behind the secondary for the go route, has great character....He deserves the hype. Its not inconceivable that Dwayne Bowe or maybe a different WR could have a better rookie year than him but its ridiculous to go out and announce he wont be the best rookie wideout because he is obviously the best prospect.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice baseless argument, if it was even an argument at all? are you effin ********? Seriously....I agree 40 times can be overrated, but when a 6'5'' 240 lb. WIDE RECEIVER runs a 4.35 40, has a huge vertical and catches everyting near him, he isn't overhyped. Trust me, everything they say about him is true. He had 14 TD's last year with Reggie FRICKIN Ball at QB... Next time you want to make a pointless thread, think first. Is it a guaranteed that he will be the best Rookie WR next year, NO, but you could have made a better attempt of an argument other than saying that he is overhyped, because that is just a joke. THAT IS ALL!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Dwayne Bowe outproducing him this year, but that's no knock on CJ. Even Mike Furrey outproduced Roy Williams in Martz's offense, so there's no telling how many passes CJ will see. He will easily lead the rookies and possibly the league in TD catches though. If he was in Tampa Bay this wouldn't even be a question, you could already mark him down in the HOF ;)

Edit: Your sig amuses me almost as much as your post.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 05-04-2007 at 05:07 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR.

seems to me like a lot of people were riding his sack before the draft. they even seem to call him a 'cant miss'. the best WR in 10 years...he was basically praised like he was GOD himself. lol @ predraft hype.
Post of the year. I'm convinced.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Johnson will be the top statistical wideout this coming year. He's entering a rather anemic offense and has Williams and Furrey to compete with for catches.

That said, we've all known who Calvin Johnson was since before the 2006 draft, and I was calling him possibly the best wideout prospect even last summer.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 05-05-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Kitna should again this year throw for over 4,000 yards so CJ should have atleast 1,000 of that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Impact wise, not stats wise CJ is already the best rookie WR.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya with kitna passing to him he wont. once thats changed well u know

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

have you ever even seen a highligh vid of calvin johnson?? if you have then you kno what he can do with a not so good qb throwing to him imagine what he will do with the likes of kitna (an experienced qb) tossin him the ball... by far the best rookie wr, if not then who is big shooter?
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, even if his production isn't on par with a Moss or even Colston; he should still make an impact strictly as a decoy. The fact is, Roy Williams was a pretty hot prospect a few years back and has been a good producer for the Lions. Calvin enters an offense with two good WRs so there is not as much pressure on him and Kitna will probably look like Montana after catching balls from Ball (no pun, well yes, pun intended).

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
ya with kitna passing to him he wont. once thats changed well u know
Kitna isn't bad his o-line is bad, but look at Roy's number's last year...

You were a huge CJ pimp before the draft, and if im not mistaken Kitna went for 4000 yards last year, yet you don't think CJ will lead for rookies?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
FilthyRich

nah, lets not start copping pleas now. this dude is in a martz offense with a quarterback that threw for over 4,000 yards. if he doesn't have at least colston numbers he was overhtped. however, i feel he's going to have a tremendous season just based off the lesser talent he's played with his entire life. any idea if stanton will start this season/
Old 05-04-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't think Johnson will be the top statistical wideout this coming year. He's entering a rather anemic offense and has Williams and Furrey to compete with for catches.
I agree with this completely. The best wide receiver for this year as far as rookies go in terms of production is going to be either Robert Meachem or Dwayne Jarrett, in my opinion. Both are likely to be rookie starters and will have the benefits of playing with solid wide receivers already. They play with Drew Brees and Jake Delhomme respectively - two solid quarterbacks, to say the least. Steve Smith and Marques Colston will draw attention off of them. I could see Jarrett producing like Keyshawn did last year - they're extremely similar players, for the same team. KJ caught 70-815-4 last year. I think Jarrett could catch around 60 passes for 11 or 12 YPC as well as grabbing even more touchdowns than Johnson.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I agree with this completely. The best wide receiver for this year as far as rookies go in terms of production is going to be either Robert Meachem or Dwayne Jarrett, in my opinion. Both are likely to be rookie starters and will have the benefits of playing with solid wide receivers already. They play with Drew Brees and Jake Delhomme respectively - two solid quarterbacks, to say the least. Steve Smith and Marques Colston will draw attention off of them. I could see Jarrett producing like Keyshawn did last year - they're extremely similar players, for the same team. KJ caught 70-815-4 last year. I think Jarrett could catch around 60 passes for 11 or 12 YPC as well as grabbing even more touchdowns than Johnson.

I'd give Dwayne Bowe the inside track right now as he is NFL ready with his overall game and will receive plenty of touches in KC. Those guys you listed could become monsters in the endzone as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is going to be in the top 5 in TD catches!!! Lets make another baseless prediction. I predict that REGGIE BALL will have more TD catches than CJ..Hows that?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast give an alternative.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

Who ever says CJ is not gonna be good is mentally ********
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Atleast give an alternative.
James Jones! Dudes got skillz....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

CJ is a pimp he will be the best WR ever
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote