Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Broncos games next year:

Week 1 : @ Buffalo W Had more losses then gains
Week 2: Oakland W Russell throws a clutch pass to Bailey
Week 3: Jacksonville W Stop MJD early
Week 4: @ Indianapolis L Close game, OT, Manning to Harrison wins it
Week 5: San Diego W Homefield advantage
Week 6: -BYE WEEK-
Week 7: Pittsburgh W Lost key players, we beat them again
Week 8: Green Bay W No contest
Week 9: @ Detroit W Bailey > Johnson big time
Week 10: @ Kansas City L Tough road game
Week 11: Tennessee W VY = madden curse
Week 12: @ Chicago W Hester scores the only touchdown
Week 13: @ Oakland W Same result as week 2
Week 14: Kansas City W Crowd makes a big diff
Week 15: @ Houston W Stop Ahman Green, Schaub will bust
Week 16: @ San Diego L Tough road trip...
Week 17: Minnesota W More talent

Unless we have a bad game or key injuries, we are a sure fire 13+ win team, bank it $$$
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last year if we had won the games we should have we would have been undefeated..

last year i looked at the schedule and thought: if we win all the games we should..well go 14-2... idk about 13-3 ill say 11-5
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

11-5 at worst.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
8-8. at best.
miss plummer?
or you just really like al wilson?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FirebirdGTP

Quote:
i just don't buy that this team will be significantly better. i love the draft, but it will likely be 2-3 years before it pans out. our linebackers will be worse. our safeties still suck, and no amount of quality play at CB can overcome that every single game.

our kicking game will likely still suck, as ernster routinely pins teams all the way back at their own 45 or fails to kick the ball into the end zone.

*shrug* jake sucked, but it seems naive to think that cutler will play like an all-pro in his second season.
This why I think the Broncos will be better then last year:

A) Improved running game - Travis Henry is a huge improvement over both Tatum and Mike Bell. Daniel Graham is the best blocking tight end we have had in several years

B) Improved passing game - Javon is now two years removed from his knee injury, Marshall has another year under his belt and really started what he could do the end of last year. Better depth at the WR postion with 3 proven wides (Javon, Smith & Stokley). Sheffler and Cutler will have more experiance .

C) Line play - The offensive line is healthy again, the defensive line has added some play makers that will make a difference this year.

D) Cornerback play - I think Bly is an aprovement over Darrent. Darrent was getting better ever year, but he was never in Bly's league. Foxworth looked much improved at the end of last year as well

E) Special Teams - Saubraun will help immensly in punting and kick offs and hopefully we can find someone (Hixon) that can become a good kick/punt returner

I think the linebacker group will be on par with last years group, as I don't see a huge drop off from Al's play to DJ's play and the weekside linebacker won't be a huge factor in our defense, so I think Vaughn will fill in nicely.

The only "problem" area I see with Denver's team right now is the safety postion... Lynch is another year older and I am not sure who will start strong side, but I can see issues there.

If the Broncos can stay healthy I see no reason with their schedule why they couldnt win 11-13 games this year and win the AFC West.

B)
Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

which is why we should have taken reggie nelson lol, there was higher quality de's in the later rounds (we coulda got charles johnson AND tim crowder in the later rounds had we not traded) adnd pickd reggie in the 1st, but i guess we can hope to get enough pressure that the oponets cant get off the deep ball
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12-4 is probably the highest I realistically see us finishing, and don't see us winning all the games you have us winning up there. Provided we stay healthy, the worst I see us doing is 8-8, some of njx's pessimism has rubbed off on me. Plus, if you aim low, you never get disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Plus, if you aim low, you never get disappointed.
thats my philosophy

optimistic pessimism
aim low...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
if you aim low, you never get disappointed.
and if you do well, then.. hell.. your happy.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
thats my philosophy

optimistic pessimism
aim low...
and if you do well, then.. hell.. your happy.

Exactly. My physics teacher was telling everyone their mark, and since I failed every lab assignment(but did really well on every test) so I figured a 60-something, since there were a lot more labs than tests, and I absolutely BOMBED those labs. Turns out I was getting a 80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
R.I.P DWILL DNASH

I would say between 10-6 and 12-4.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

aim low ok lol how bout 2-14 (we beat the Raiders twice)
Old 05-26-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

alexschnarr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All i know is i can't wait to go to that Buffalo game, since i live in Canada. Henry is just going to pound his old team!

Sig by Mockalicious
alexschnarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5997316
By the way, it's when, not if. As in, it's when fourth-rounder Marcus Thomas moves into the starting lineup at defensive tackle. Said Bates: "It's his timetable. When he's ready to go, he'll be a starter in this league for many years." ...
Old 05-27-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm excited about Thomas. I know it's early, but from all of the reports it seems he's gotten his act together.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will go anywhere from 9-7 to 12-4 IMO.
We upgraded the talent, but I do think we will be even better in 2008. This year may be a little rough, but I still think the Broncos will have a quality season.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm... considering our divisional games (always tough) and the road games at Chicago and Indy, I'd think anything more than 11-5 would be wishful thinking. I don't particularly like opening on the road either... hasn't worked out too well for us the last few years...

The places I see the most potential problems are field position (thanks to dubious kicking), pass protection by the O-line (critical for Cutler's development) and the unsettled safety situation.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Broncos going 11-5 this year. We are a better team imo. We lost Al Wilson, but our defense is good enough to recover. Our greatest stride will be in the restoration of our offense as a whole. Cutler will avoid the sophme slump imo, and the arrival of Henry will definitely help. Although, I think 12 wins is a reach w/this schedule. Then again, the year predicted us going 9-7 we went 13-3 and went to the AFCC.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont underestimate the Bills
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Darrent Williams got picked on each and every game in the second half of the season. He played terrible, in my honest opinion. Dre Bly is not the type of corner you can pick on, because he will make you pay. I think he makes a huge difference. And the addition of Jim Bates makes a huge difference as well. Larry Coyer couldn't run a defense if his life depended on it. One year it's all-out blitz, the next season it's no blitzes at all. Either way, our defense was always exposed. I also differ with your opinion on Marshall. He played very good in the last few games, and showed he could play a role in the passing game as a 3rd receiver. But, with the amount of work he has put in this offseason, I have a good feeling he can shoulder the load as a physical possession receiver. Graham can and will make a difference in the passing game, mark my words. I think you are tremendously underrating his pass-catching abilities.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
ask some detroit fans about bly making you pay. he's a boom/bust corner and always has been. remember deltha o'neal? how he was really good at catching balls thrown to him, but tended to get beat deep at least once per game? that describes a fair amount of bly's time in detroit. but yeah, woo hoo.
The point is he's a dramatic upgrade over Darrent Williams.

Quote:
you think it's safe to assume he'll top 50/500 simply because he worked hard in the off-season? it's his second NFL season. he looked good, but he wasn't THAT impressive his rookie year. this is an offensive system in which most receivers have taken multiple seasons to develop properly, if they do at all. it seems naive to believe marshall is an instant 1000 yard receiver next season.
No. I assume that simply because he's going to be a starter. Starters tend to have better stats than bench players, wouldn't you say? 50/500 is a safe bet considering Smith easily accomplished that last year with a terrible hip.. and I never said he would be an "instant 1000 yard receiver".

Quote:
what pass-catching abilities? he's had TERRIBLE hands in the NFL, dropping passes constantly in new england. he's NEVER topped 40 catches. he's NEVER been a red-zone target. how the hell is he suddenly going to become a stud after leaving one of the two best quarterbacks in the NFL?
Like I said, he will be utilized differently here than he was in New England. Heimerdinger said he will likely get between 40-60 catches in our offense, of course, whether that happens or not remains to be seen. You just seem bitter about Graham purely because of his ludicrous contract. Give the guy a chance. He had 30 receptions and 7 TDs just two years ago (so don't tell me he was NEVER a red-zone target), when he was being utilized as a pass-catcher. But, the past two seasons he had taken on a different role with the emergence of Ben Watson.

Last edited by JCutlery : 06-04-2007 at 10:49 PM.
JCutlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
if graham was such a stud in the making, why on earth would the pats have given up on him so quickly?
Why else, because his contract was up and he was due more money.. not to mention the great depth at TE in New England (watson, thomas, mills).