Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-05-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.
Default Drae Allison & Sidney Rice

I think they will both start for the Vikes in the next 3 years
supermario86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope so
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They both look good prospects, especialy Sidney, he is the kind of possession receiver we need to complement our faster guys. I am growing more fond of Aundrae aswell. In a couple years i think we will have a realy good WR corps, however, we realy need a true no. 1 guy right now. I say call Keyshawn.
......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad that we have young guys with potential. As opposed to last year where we had old broken down has-beens.

Also worth noting might be Chandler Williams. Childress seemed pretty impressed by him during rookie camp.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm glad that we have young guys with potential. As opposed to last year where we had old broken down has-beens.

Also worth noting might be Chandler Williams. Childress seemed pretty impressed by him during rookie camp.
That was odd, yae? He sort of bounced of questions about Sidney Rice and didn't wanna say anything about anyone's performence, but he mentioned how impressed he was with Chandler. I don't know if he ment as a returner or a receiver. I am just not sure wether he is giving him a rap coz he is one of 'His" guys or if he realy did some awsome work. I hope ther later.

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733
Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
I think they will both start for the Vikes in the next 3 years
They should just give up if they arent. The Vikings have to have the worst receiving corp in the league and its by a fair distance as well.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
They should just give up if they arent. The Vikings have to have the worst receiving corp in the league and its by a fair distance as well.
so where did you come from...the vikings dont have the worst receiving corps in the league, they are all just young, and inexperienced...give them some time and they will be good...this whole vikings offense is young, 1st year starter at qb, rookie running back, young offensive line, and young recievers. give them some time to gel, and it will all work out, you wait and see

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

Allison is Williamson with hands
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is good, right?
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Charles Rogers' health.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
But Charles Rogers' health.
Elaborate.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-07-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well they all are young and talented lets just hope atleast 2 of themcan emerge as threats. I havent given up on williamson.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so where did you come from...the vikings dont have the worst receiving corps in the league, they are all just young, and inexperienced...give them some time and they will be good...this whole vikings offense is young, 1st year starter at qb, rookie running back, young offensive line, and young recievers. give them some time to gel, and it will all work out, you wait and see
Name a worse receiving corp. Seriously... Being young is not a defense for not being any good. The Titans are bad and we signed their 5th guy to be our 2nd? I mean we are seriously bad, we have some potential but right now thats all we have.

Arizona - Fitzgerald and Boldin.
Atlanta - Joe Horn and Crumpler.
Baltimore - Mason, Williams and Heap.
Buffalo - Lee Evans(Otherwise close)
Carolina - Steve Smith.
Chicago - Moose, Berrian and Clark
Cincinnati - CJ and TJ.
Cleveland - Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow
Dallas - TO, Glenn and Witten.
Denver - Javon Walker and Rod Smith.
Detroit - Roy Williams and Mike Furrey.
Green Bay - Donald Driver and Greg Jennings.
Houston - Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels.
Indianapolis - Marvin, Reggie, Utecht and Dallas Clark.
Jacksonville - Matt Jones, Reggie Williams and Ernest Wilford.
KC - Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzalez.
Miami - Booker, Chamber and McMichaels
NYG - Burress, Shockey and Toomer.
NYJ - Coles and Cotchery.
NE - Caldwell, Watson, Moss, Stallworth and Welker.
Philadelphia - Reggie Brown, LJ Smith and Hank Baskett.
San Fran - Battle and Bryant.
Oakland - Curry and Porter
Seattle - Branch and Hackett.
Pittsburgh - Holmes, Ward, Miller, Washington and Wilson.
St Louis - Holt and Bruce.
San Diego - Gates, Parker and Jackson.
Tampa Bay - Galloway
Tennessee - Brandon Jones.
Washington - Moss and Cooley.

I mean the only teams with a case are Tampa Bay and Tennessee. I only listed guys who outproduced our top returning WR. I didnt include RBs. Tampa Bay flat out have a better first guy than us other than that there is an argument. Tennessee blew it all up and may be worse.

That said, you know your WR position stinks when your best returning receiver is a backup RB. A guy like Joey Galloway literally has better numbers than all of our receivers that are coming back put up last year. That is when you know that you suck at WR.

I can see the argument that we are only the 2nd worst at WR in the league, I wouldn't make it, Jones finished hot for the Titans and I like Ben Troupe more than our TEs. But still, I can see the argument.

Im not saying this same group cant be good. Im saying that going into this season we have the worst WR group in the league. Even if Rice were to go Randy Moss as a rookie we would be in the bottom half. We are banking on Williamson, Rice and Allison all being big producers. Thats risky.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

alexschnarr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm glad you are up to date on your san fran recievers, oh wait they cut bryant like 2 months ago.
Sorry vikes fans for comming on to your board, but this post just made me mad

Sig by Mockalicious
alexschnarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
They both look good prospects, especialy Sidney, he is the kind of possession receiver we need to complement our faster guys. I am growing more fond of Aundrae aswell. In a couple years i think we will have a realy good WR corps, however, we realy need a true no. 1 guy right now. I say call Keyshawn.
Rice isnt a possesion reciever, he is a straight line WR in the category of Troy Williamson. He just didnt have a good enough 40 time to make himself drafted higher like Troy.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 05-07-2007 at 06:23 PM.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice I compare to a more consistent Ashley Lelie.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Better Hands but just not nearley as fast
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Eh, I don't like that comparison much, as all Lelie has going for him is the fly route.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Even so, it could be a positive. Defenses jammed men in the box and shut down our run because we didn't have even a sliver of a passing game. If Rice can get downfield and catch some deepballs, even just a few times, it will go a long way toward keeping men out of the box.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Rice isnt a possesion reciever, he is a straight line WR in the category of Troy Williamson. He just didnt have a good enough 40 time to make himself drafted higher like Troy.
What I mean is that he has good hands, which is what our corps is lacking

Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

being around nfl talent and a relatively competent coaching staff is going to increase their production
i have faith that they will put in the work necessary to do this
but we can only hope so cant we?
nemesis3394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Do the Vikings qualify as having a competent coaching staff?

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Do the Vikings qualify as having a competent coaching staff?
haha nice man....some people might wonder

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha yeah i think its pretty much borderline at this point
nemesis3394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping the Packers were going to take Allison but the Vikings got themselves a really good prospect and I agree that him and Rice will start together in the not so distant future

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote