Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I think the Giants, Jets, Bears, and Chiefs will all have big dropoffs. As for the Titans, I highly doubt we'll be better than 8-8 but we won't go 4-12. Henry wasn't that big of a loss. He didn't anything for the Titans until Young began starting. Although the receivers could be better I think Brandon Jones is going to explode this year. I don't think we'll do worse than 7-9.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Giants and Titans will fall off, and hard.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs, then the Titans. I think the Chiefs will have a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Kansas City, San Diego, Tennessee.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With teams like Arizona, Buffalo, San Francisco on the verge of becoming playoff contenders again (or for one of the few times in Arizona's case), there are teams I see as entering what will be a several years of struggle.

New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles (feel bad for McNabb)
Washington Redskins
Kansas City Chiefs
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
JC the Savior
Rookie

JC the Savior hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Denver will be better
Old 05-06-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC the Savior View Post
Denver will be better
Barring injury Henry is 1500+ yards. $ on that.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I agree with JT Jag, something has gotta give with the Colts. Averages will be met with at least one major player on that team.

Who? Not saying, I will hint that it will cost them at least two wins.

Not a promise, a threat...wait I got that wrong, its a promise...Nope just a hunch actually.
I'm glad Miss Cleo told you that. Personally though, after a fortune like that, I would have asked for my money back.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:55 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Titans fan, I am duty-bound to predict the decline of the Colts....they've sustained significant losses on the defensive side of the ball in each of the past two offseasons (including four starters this year), but have done little to address it. Moreover, it appears that their division rivals have finally gotten the Colts' number....0-3 against the AFC South down the stretch last year.

No way do the Bears win 13 games next year.....and I'll step up and predict that once the smoke clears after a tight division race for the NFC West, Seattle misses the postseason.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
No... they'll do worse because the law of averages will catch up to them eventually.

Which brings me to the Colts' amazing run of luck when it comes to injuries to major contributers. From 1999-2006, whilst they have been the winningest team in the NFL, there has only been one injury of note on their explosive offense--- the one to Edgerrin James in 2001, which was a big cause of the only losing record in Tony Dungy's career in Indy.

What happens to Indy if Peyton Manning goes down for 5-6 weeks? Answer: The team loses 4-5 games.
Wow, there are so many things wrong with this. 2001 was Jim Mora's final season as Colts Head Coach, not Dungy's first. What if Peyton Manning goes down for a long period of time? The same thing that happens to any other team that loses a major contributor, they lose a lot more frequently than they otherwise would. Fortunately for the Colts, Peyton Manning is a tough player, and has only had to miss one play in his career due to injury, and that was because he had to get his jaw wired shut, due to it being broken on the previous play. Using a hypothetical scenario to take away a major contributor from a team is a pretty weak argument, especially when said scenario has never happened during that player's career. Did you ever think the Colts' "luck" with injuries has to do with players knowing what to do in certain situations? This is why Marvin Harrison always goes out of bounds instead of taking extra punishment (but as a side note, he's played the past two seasons with various arm injuries), why Peyton Manning knows how to "take a sack", etc. Also, Dallas Clark has missed quite a few games due to injury over that time period, as has Brandon Stokley. So, the Colts have not been extremely lucky with injuries. Their best players offensively are durable, but IMO that's more of knowing what to look for in a player than luck. Also, how does the law of averages work out when a team has a QB that has the most comeback wins to his credit in the NFL since 2000?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:37 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
As a Titans fan, I am duty-bound to predict the decline of the Colts....they've sustained significant losses on the defensive side of the ball in each of the past two offseasons (including four starters this year), but have done little to address it. Moreover, it appears that their division rivals have finally gotten the Colts' number....0-3 against the AFC South down the stretch last year.

No way do the Bears win 13 games next year.....and I'll step up and predict that once the smoke clears after a tight division race for the NFC West, Seattle misses the postseason.
I get that feeling with Seattle also. Some of it has to do with the HC, in that I don't know if he has the desire to grind out the season, but also that their division looks much improved.

Why can't the Bears win 12 games? They have a top-flight receiving threat down the middle of the field and still have a strong defense. If Lance Briggs holds out the first ten games that'll be ugly, and also they messed around with their run game in the off season. I'm hoping they are 9-7, but they'll probably win 11 or 12 games sadly.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kansas City Chiefs. I have a bad feeling about their offense this year. Damon Huard behind that offensive line? Both Kennison and Gonzalez are a year older, and Bowe is a rookie WR, which is the hardest transition to make. Counting on consistent production out of him would be a mistake.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as it pains me I bieleve the Chiefs will be a lot worse depending on who starts.If it's Croyle then I see a top 3 pick
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

The Browns. They are better as a team, but that schedule is insane.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This is easily the Chiefs. They've basically admitted that they're rebuilding.
Top 5 pick for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This is easily the Chiefs. They've basically admitted that they're rebuilding.
Not really. They signed Donnie Edwards, Damion McIntosh and Napolean Harris and none of those are necissarily "building blocks" for the future. KC is trying to get younger while staying competetive. Given Herm's style of coaching I still imagine that KC will remain fairly competeive and the schedule gets much better this year after two straight brutal schedules.

My vote would go to the Packers as I can see them being a team vying for a top 5 pick. I didn't like their offseason and they weren't quite as good as there record last season in my opinion.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
KC and Chicago probably. KC is entering their rebuilding stage, and as Sweetness said, Win/Loss wise, the Bears have to go down.
I'm talking about 3 wins drop off. I think we'll be 10-6 next season personally. But that all depends on how well Rexy does. If he can be solid next season, we're a 10-6 in my mind.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm talking about 3 wins drop off. I think we'll be 10-6 next season personally. But that all depends on how well Rexy does. If he can be solid next season, we're a 10-6 in my mind.
So you think the loss of Thomas Jones will make a 3 game difference for the Bears?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Crvena Ptica

I am gonna go with surprise pick. In my opinion, Ravens wont be as good as they were last season.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Ptica View Post
I am gonna go with surprise pick. In my opinion, Ravens wont be as good as they were last season.
as a ravens fan, most of us agree. not really a big surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego. Nice personnal moves! Letting a grudge get in the way of the success of a football team.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
as a ravens fan, most of us agree. not really a big surprise.
Yeah I feel the same way. I don't want to come off on hating you all for having such a great year last year but it's hard to not drop off from 13-3.

Also to whoever said the Browns will drop off... It's hard to drop off much more than they already did, I don't say that as a smartass, just that I really don't see them doing any worse than last year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
So you think the loss of Thomas Jones will make a 3 game difference for the Bears?
No. the loss of TJ has no effect i believe.
The loss of briggs might be a 3 game difference maker, depending on how Jamar Williams or any other LB can pick up the slack and be decent sideline to sideline tacklers, and decent in coverage (seeing as i bet mark anderson and bazuin, wale ogunleye and tommie harris can pressure just about any line on third down.)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah I feel the same way. I don't want to come off on hating you all for having such a great year last year but it's hard to not drop off from 13-3.
no hatin' taken, 13-3 is an amazing year and its hard to have that level every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
No. the loss of TJ has no effect i believe.
The loss of briggs might be a 3 game difference maker, depending on how Jamar Williams or any other LB can pick up the slack and be decent sideline to sideline tacklers, and decent in coverage (seeing as i bet mark anderson and bazuin, wale ogunleye and tommie harris can pressure just about any line on third down.)
Briggs is still there though.

Quote: