Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-05-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McNabb next year?

Looks like '07 will be his last season as an Eagle according to some people..

He is from Chicago & a lot of his family are Bear fans.

If Rex has another shaky year it's not too unrealistic to think McNabb could possibly be a Bear next year. (Rex is a FA correct?)

I would personally love it if he was healthy and could produce like he did in '06 before going down.

Probably a little early to be talking about this, but I can see it happening.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would love to have mccnab on the team next year. if he can be pretty healthy this year i think he would be a significant improvement over rexy
Old 05-05-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would definitely be an upgrade over Rex.. But how healthy is he?

If they do indeed cut him next season, it kinda means they don't believe in him anymore. I'm very curious to see how he plays next season.

But a healthy McNabb would be awesome for this Offense.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If McNabb is healthy next year and puts up great stats, the Eagles aren't going to let him go. With that being said, I would welcome a healthy McNabb here any day.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
If McNabb is healthy next year and puts up great stats, the Eagles aren't going to let him go. With that being said, I would welcome a healthy McNabb here any day.
He can demand a trade though if he wants to, haha although that didn't work out too well with Briggs this offseason. I think the feeling might be mutual though in the Eagles front office, why the hell else would they draft a QB in the 2nd round?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bring him back to chicago.

and then i can laugh at all my guy friends from philly as the bears impose on them what they did to me in 2001.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be pretty sick... having TWO Cambells moms on the team (Devin Hester's mom is one now as well).

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
That'd be pretty sick... having TWO Cambells moms on the team (Devin Hester's mom is one now as well).
I think I would actually prefer Grossman's ****** performance than having to see Mama McNabb at every game in a Bears jersey. Just the thought of it makes my stomatch turn.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who the hell is saying 07 is his last year?

u guys in the bears forum have not done ur research

1. Andy Reid just had a great convo with him.
2. The eagles took the BPA in their minds.
3. you will not hear the name Kolb in the 07 season, he will basically not be there and he will come up with an "injury" just like Jeremy Bloom

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
who the hell is saying 07 is his last year?

u guys in the bears forum have not done ur research

1. Andy Reid just had a great convo with him.
2. The eagles took the BPA in their minds.
3. you will not hear the name Kolb in the 07 season, he will basically not be there and he will come up with an "injury" just like Jeremy Bloom
Why don't you try and watch ESPN, Sal reported it and there is a thread in the NFL section of this board on this topic. Now please go away.

If Kevin Kolb was their BPA, then they've got some messed up draft boards. You don't take a QB without the intention to start him in the NEAR future, especially not in the 2nd round. You take a backup QB in the later rounds, well of course unless Brady Quinn drops to you. But Kevin Kolb is no Brady Quinn, and in my mind he's certainly no Trent Edwards or John Beck.

Your points have just dug them a deeper hole and it makes them look even stupider for what they did.

Oh and about the meeting. No one really knows what happened but I doubt everything's all peachy. Of course that's what the organziation is going to say. They won't leak out the fact that there might be some problems, they're going to smile and say everything is alright. But I can guarantee you it's not.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Andy Reid just had a good convo with him?? SO?? Obviously, Andy wants to be on the same page as McNabb this season.

Just because Reid had a good conversation with him doesn't mean the organzation is going to pay him at the end of the year.

And yes, wake up. It has been reported that it could very well be his last season in Philly.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

look, i didn't agree with the decision, you guys dont get the Inquirer or Daily News and listen to 610 WIP, since 1999 Donovan McNabb has been the franchise, thats not going to change because of Kevin Kolb. the thinking is that they had their hearts set on Meriweather and when he was taken they had a plan B and thats what they did. It was a stupid plan but w/e, the point is Donovan McNabb is going to be an eagle until the eagles think he can't play 100% and when he can't would you really want a 30 + QB on his last legs?

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 05-06-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even is he was available, do you think were the only team thats gonna want him, and what would we have to give up to get him and then how much would we have to pay him. i dont see it happening.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
look, i didn't agree with the decision, you guys dont get the Inquirer or Daily News and listen to 610 WIP, since 1999 Donovan McNabb has been the franchise, thats not going to change because of Kevin Kolb. the thinking is that they had their hearts set on Meriweather and when he was taken they had a plan B and thats what they did. It was a stupid plan but w/e, the point is Donovan McNabb is going to be an eagle until the eagles think he can't play 100% and when he can't would you really want a 30 + QB on his last legs?
I don't think it's that simple really. Basically if Kolb doesn't play in a couple years it's a wasted 2nd round pick which they could've used on a guy like Sidney Rice or someone like that. You don't draft a QB that high without the intention to start him in the near future. I'm sorry but that's just how it works. And if they were that much in desperate need of a backup QB, they should've looked F/A, not through the draft because I can tell you right now that Kolb is not going to be a good backup in his first season in the NFL. So again, that's a pretty stupid move if that was their plan.

I just don't see it like that at all. They can say all they want about how things are sunny in Philly, but I can guarantee you they aren't. McNabb no matter what the front office or no matter what Reid tells him is not going to be happy this season. They can try and make up all sorts of excuses to why they drafted a QB with the FIRST PICK but DM is going to see it as his replacement in a year or two. I would not be at all surprised if he wasn't an Eagle next year.

And for regoob, of course there will be a bunch of teams after him if he's on the market. But I'd say we're a top target for his services because we are his hometown team and he has said that it would be a special thing to play in Chicago again. His contract is pretty huge but I think they could work something out if he wanted to come over.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he would most likely have to take less money and want to come to chicago for it to happen. we dont spend a lot on free agents or make big time trades. i cant see us out bidding other teams but if hes willing to come for less to play in chi it would be a great fit cause we have a super bowl caliber team and i assume he wants that ring.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

he deff. has some strong ties with the bears....

I totally agree with you that Kolb will not be a back-up but he wont be playing until a long time, like 1-3 years

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08