Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-09-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chicago Bears Discussion

DISCUSS CHICAGO BEAR FOOTBALL HERE:

Alrighty, sadly our coveted Bears team discussion was deleted and can never be recovered, and Ward has given me the opportunity to start a new Chicago Bear Team Discussion Thread, WHOO-HOO!! We've had some great times (51's romp on the Pack) and we've had some ugly ones as well (BUST and 51 getting into it). But it was all for the love of our beloved Chicago Bears, who no matter how bad they've done over the past 15 years have always been our team. And in 2006, things are looking promising. So we start off the new era of our team discussion 7-1 going into the Meadowlands to face the New York "Football" Giants on Sunday Night Football. Let's get to talkin some Bear football baby!!!!!!

There happy yoda? ^^^^ :roll:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ur supposed to type Discuss the Chicago Bears here.

Then continue on to ur post. Thank u.

On topic, Lovie Smith=God. I mean, he was good with a Rams defense, that is Godly like.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu

On topic, Lovie Smith=God. I mean, he was good with a Rams defense, that is Godly like.
Well guess what yoda, I'm a growna$$ man and I do what I want.

And yes Lovie is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

And yes Love is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.
Yes I am happy. And it is LOVIE, not Love, how dare u diss him like that? And Ditka was never good with a St. Louis Rams defense, so Lovie>Ditka.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I would like to announce my campaign for speaker of the bears forum
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And yes Love is GOD. Although he's not godlier then Ditka.....not yet at least.
Yes I am happy. And it is LOVIE, not Love, how dare u diss him like that? And Ditka was never good with a St. Louis Rams defense, so Lovie>Ditka.
Blasphemy.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
You'll have to duke it out with 51 Windy. I'd love to have ya but 51's got first dibbs. :D

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Quote:
You'll have to duke it out with 51 Windy. I'd love to have ya but 51's got first dibbs. :D

I will gladly become assistant to the traveling secretary
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will gladly become assistant to the traveling secretary
....Well let's see if I had to make a cabinet up of our team forum:

President: 51 - Takes no ****, is very intelligent, and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Plus he can back up all he says. He's basically the face of Bear football on this forum.

VP: Hurricane Ditka - Tough one b/w IBNO and HD, but I chose HD because I think IBNO is a little too nice. HD has more of a bitchy and mean attitude. Plus HD has a higher post count (more involved in the politics) and he's been here longer (more experience)

Sec of State: IBleedNavyandOrange (aka IBNO) - I'd argue he's one of the most intelligent posters on this board (when he posts). Would do a fine job as Sec of State. Soft spoken, yet lethal in his ways.

Speaker of the House: toonsterwu - I'd put him higher up except that he's not on here much anymore. "The Human Sports Dictionary" as he's known. Incredible sports knowledge of almost every sport. He along with IBNO would make a great tandem backing up the Pres and VP.

Attorney General: Smokey Joe - Very good at arguing, and what better place to put a guy like that then in the Attorney field. He'll be able to get us out of trouble (with HD and 51 at the head of our cabinet, we're going to get ourselves into some pretty messy situations). His dog will have a nice kennel in his office.

Secretary of Defense: myself - I have a fiery attitude when I get pissed off and I feel that I have the attitude and pesonality to scare the living hell out of other countries. Because hey, the SOD is supposed to be a mean futher mucker and I can be that.

Head of Homeland Security: bearfan54 - A worthless position for a worthless poster. :P Haha just kiddin...Honestly, 54 would make a great HHS because he's a pretty nutty fella, and he couldn't screw this job up more then it already is.

Secratary of Agriculture: bearfan123 - Eh, I just threw him a worthless position.

Head of CIA: BUSTKANTAWL - Still don't know what his name means but he's our recruiting and behind the scenes guru. Gives us good info all the time from sources (yet unknown sources). A sneaky bastard who would be a great fit in the CIA.

Secretary of the Interior: SFBear - I'd put him higher but he's one of the newer posters, and he'll have to work his way up. But looking over the bureau of internal affairs is a good starting place. Very happy to have him aboard.

Secretary of Treasury: Windy - My main man. Very intelligent and good with money I imagine. A very honest person who would fit this position well. Will be running for Chicago Bear office in 2008.

Secretary of Bitching and Moaning - DaFan: Dude hasn't been here since our "terrible draft" and when he was here all he did was complain about Angelo and how bad he was. Yes I made this position up but he fits the bill perfectly. I don't imagine him coming back any time soon (hasn't posted in 7 months) so he'll stay here. Although if we played like we did on Sunday I might appoint myself to this position in the next few weeks.

Well there's my cabinet. Rex's Cheese Cake and evershot will be senators of both Idaho and Wyoming. I figure since no one really cares about these states that they'd do a pretty good job. :D

If I forgot you please PM me and I'll give you a Senartors spot. Btw we are running a Ditka Party. Yes it's newly created and basically our views are if you don't like what our opinions our, well we don't give a ****, so deal with it.

Vote 51/HD in 2008 for the Ditka Party...."You don't like our opinions, well go to hell."

PAID FOR BY THE FINES OF THE MINNESOTA SEX BOAT SCANDAL, CHARLES ROGERS'/MIKE WILLIAMS' WASTED SALARY, AND AHMAD CARROL'S SALARY FOR 2006....

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 06:14 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nutty Fella eh?

:twisted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxico Burress
They're not great cover guys. I don't know why everybody's acting like these guys are exceptional corners. I've played against better guys all year. By far, no…It's definitely not them…Just looking at them for the 15, 20 minutes that I have, those guys make plays on the balls that are thrown straight to them, but they're not just covering guys straight up and just shutting them down…They're very beatable. I've seen guys beat them with a lot of separation, so I can't say that they're the best guys that we've played against so far…I'm just looking at film and assessing these guys and saying, 'We can throw the ball on these guys, make some big plays, and go out and have fun.' I'm not going to say these guys are great corner guys. I don't see that.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
They're not great cover guys. I don't know why everybody's acting like these guys are exceptional corners. I've played against better guys all year. By far, no…It's definitely not them…Just looking at them for the 15, 20 minutes that I have, those guys make plays on the balls that are thrown straight to them, but they're not just covering guys straight up and just shutting them down…They're very beatable. I've seen guys beat them with a lot of separation, so I can't say that they're the best guys that we've played against so far…I'm just looking at film and assessing these guys and saying, 'We can throw the ball on these guys, make some big plays, and go out and have fun.' I'm not going to say these guys are great corner guys. I don't see that.
Keep talkin Plax... :roll:

God damn, every week there's a player who just can't keep his mouth shut when we play them. Just play the damn game. You better put up some numbers Sunday, that's all I've got to say Plexi-Glass.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Wow Plax, 15 whole minutes? No wonder you're such an elite player with a dedication to the game like that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

God damn, every week there's a player who just can't keep his mouth shut when we play them. Just play the damn game. You better put up some numbers Sunday, that's all I've got to say Plexi-Glass.
He generally does back it up though. He talked some stuff before Atlanta and backed it up then. He isn't really incorrect though. I think he is just saying that your corners aren't the type that can really cover you 1 on 1. Their success is all scheme related.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
robert_rodriguez_nyc

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He generally does back it up though. He talked some stuff before Atlanta and backed it up then. He isn't really incorrect though. I think he is just saying that your corners aren't the type that can really cover you 1 on 1. Their success is all scheme related.
Bears corners are over-rated, particulary Vasher, but Plax is going to get lit up by a safety one day and his career will be over. If there is one position in the NFL you need to be humble cuz of the exposure you take ... it is WR.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_rodriguez_nyc
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bears corners are over-rated, particulary Vasher, but Plax is going to get lit up by a safety one day and his career will be over. If there is one position in the NFL you need to be humble cuz of the exposure you take ... it is WR.
WRs are the biggest talkers in the NFL. They obviously don't follow your opinion.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sweet, Attorney General.

:D

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
robert_rodriguez_nyc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_rodriguez_nyc
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WRs are the biggest talkers in the NFL. They obviously don't follow your opinion.
Well not the really good ones anyway. Ever here crap from Rice or Harrison or Monk or any of the greats who lasted?

If you talk smack as a WR, beware, you are the most exposed / least protected player on the field for a big hit.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better see a better performance out of Rex this weekend, or i will be sorely disappointed.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
We better see a better performance out of Rex this weekend, or i will be sorely disappointed.
I wish I could say I have a feeling we will, but I don't know. A part of me still thinks it's his inexperience on the field, and another part thinks it's just his mentality to go for it all the time. At this point I'll give him one more game to step up and do better, if he doesn't, I want Griese.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I wish I could say I have a feeling we will, but I don't know. A part of me still thinks it's his inexperience on the field, and another part thinks it's just his mentality to go for it all the time. At this point I'll give him one more game to step up and do better, if he doesn't, I want Griese.
Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see *****.

I am giving him the first half vs. the Giants to prove to me what he's got. If he is doing good (winning or losing), leave him in, but if we are losing, and he is sucking up the place, I'd want to see a replacement *cough*Griese*cough*.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I am going to make my final bears mock (w/ offseason plan) right now. Also, I am going to work on my first 2007 draft mock too.

Just an fyi.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Quote:
Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see ***********.

I am giving him the first half vs. the Giants to prove to me what he's got. If he is doing good (winning or losing), leave him in, but if we are losing, and he is sucking up the place, I'd want to see a replacement *cough*Griese*cough*.
Drew Brees is 6'0" and he doesn't have any problems seeing over the line. :?

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Quote:
Quote:
Grossman's biggest problem of them all is his height. At 6'1" he can barely see over the line at times, and most of his mistakes were of him just throwing the ball up because he couldn't see ***********.

Drew Brees is 6'0" and he doesn't have any problems seeing over the line. :?
that's because he is drew brees 8)

Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Damn, the Packers are already at post 50. :?

Come on fellas, we gotta make up some ground. Where the hell are you 51, 54, toonster, BUST, 123, and IBNO?

Smokey and I are holding up the fort here.

Quote: