Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default USC Players and there pro potential

Here are some of the players from USC's team that I think have a shot at the NFL. I was wondering what some of you guys thought about these guys and what round they project to.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.
John David Booty, QB, Sr.
Allen Bradford, TB, Soph.
Jeff Byers, OG, Soph.
Brian Cushing, LB, Jr.
Fred Davis, TE, Sr.
Sedrick Ellis, DT, Sr.
C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.
Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.
Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.
Taylor Mays, S, Soph.
Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.
Josh Pinkard, CB, Jr.
Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.
Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.
Terrell Thomas, CB, Sr.
Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.
Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.

Here are three newcomers to the program for next season as well:

Joe McKnight, TB, Fr.
Marc Tyler, TB, Fr.
Mitch Mustain, QB, Transfer

I can't believe how loaded this team is with young talent! It amazing how many talent running backs are on the roster.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 : 05-06-2007 at 11:12 PM.
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC players and THEIR potential, come on.

I honestly can't see why any of those guys wouldn't get a shot in the NFL..if they don't win the National Title this year it will be one hell of an upset
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
USC players and THEIR potential, come on.

I honestly can't see why any of those guys wouldn't get a shot in the NFL..if they don't win the National Title this year it will be one hell of an upset
And there pro potential?

I think they should be a favorite to win the national title. I just want to know how these guys will project to the NFL.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

some of those guys to be honest dont have alot of pro potential.I dont think Mustain will get much of a shot to play.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

taylor mays will be a freakin beast...if patrick turner dominates like he should, he should be drafted higher than dwayne jarrett IMO...maualuga should have a pretty good shot in the pros as he is an above average MLB
Old 05-06-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mark Sanchez has great pro potential and according to rivals he was the number one pro-style quarterback recruit of '05. With him I don't think Mustain will get to sniff the field except in small games when USC is up by a lot.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

allen bradford hit, watch closely...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MlDrF8t3vM
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Maualuga is gonna be a beast in the NFL
Old 05-06-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
allen bradford hit, watch closely...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MlDrF8t3vM
jeez, i had to watch that a couple times before i figured out who i was supposed to be watching
Old 05-06-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I think Joe McKnight is a bit overhyped. He'll be good but people have been trying to peg him as Reggie Bush, which is a little out of his range.

Plus USC has 51 different tailbacks or something.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
jeez, i had to watch that a couple times before i figured out who i was supposed to be watching
good hit though no?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.- 1st round lock. One of the best linemen in the nation with Jake long

John David Booty, QB, Sr.- 1st round potential, Matt leinart but right handed

Allen Bradford, TB, Soph.- 1st day pick possibility

Jeff Byers, OG, Soph.- Coulda been a 1st rounder if not for injury problems

Fred Davis, TE, Sr.- 1st day pick, one of the best recieving tightends

C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.- Dont know about him, dont think he runs very hard

Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.- 1st round hype, but hasnt played much, great size and speed.

Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.- 1st rounder.....hits like a train, good speed, great strength

Taylor Mays, S, Soph.-1st round talent and a lock if he plays like he did as a true freshmen

Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.- 1st day definately, i think hes the best of the tailbacks they have.

Josh Pinkard, CB, Jr.- not quite sure on him

Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.- 1st rounder if his senior season is anything like last years

Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.- 1st round talent, lets hope he lives up to it

Terrell Thomas, CB, Sr.- late 1st day early 2nd

Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.- Dwayne Jarrett Clone, could be a 1st rounder if he dominates like he should

Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.- 2nd day draft pick most likely

Joe McKnight, TB, Fr.- 1st round talent, lets see if he lives up to the reggie bush hype. i dont think hes got the speed or the moves of Reggie, but he has the versatility. Can run between the tackles, recieve out of the slot, return

Marc Tyler, TB, Fr.- I think he will be an absolute stud, and runs like a future 1st rounder

Mitch Mustain, QB, Transfer- if he plays who knowS?
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dont forget about Sed Ellis.

And lol at the LSU fan calling Mcknight overated.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Dont forget about Sed Ellis.

And lol at the LSU fan calling Mcknight overated.
yeah i forgot about him i think Sedrick Ellis will be a late 1st round maybe early 2nd
Old 05-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what round do you think brian cushing will go in?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
what round do you think brian cushing will go in?
Most likely round 1 cuz hes a PERFECT fit for a OLB in a 3-4 defense. hes an absolute animal.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cushing is Merriman 2.0.
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'm not really calling him overrated, just a bit overhyped. I just don't have him pegged as a superstar. He can be a quality back, but I think comparing him to Reggie Bush is a bit much.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

I dont know, I think Rey will still go first round. I think he is one of the most talented linebackers to come out in a long time.

Im not sure about Mcknight being overhyped or not because he was wicked in high school but i have to see what he can do against college teams before i really form an opinion.

USC is going to be a great team this year but i am concerned about where the team might be after this year. There will still be a solid offense with Sanchez, Turner, Hazelton and all the running backs but we will definately have a lot of holes to be filled on defense
Old 05-07-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

plus, the team is going to have to play ohio state...
Old 05-07-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

yeah, that will be a fun match up though. it actually might be a pretty even match up after we lose some of the guys on defense. not sure where ohio states defense will be in a year though. USC will still have a solid offense though. Secondary should be pretty experienced too, its the rest of the defense that will need new players to step up
Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I don't know about patrick turner being a 1st rounder, he hasn't really shown any greatness yet.

As for maualuga, he's first round talent but he still lacks the right instincts and his character issues i think will be a concern, probably round 2.

btw, you are VERY fair with your assessments.

Are you being sarcastic or????
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basically the entire 2-deep has first day potential
Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Is the question about draft potential or NFL potential, as in success in the NFL?

If it is the former there is no question everyone listed is either a first or second rounder.

The latter however is a different story. I do not see very many of those guys being successful in the NFL.

Sam Baker, OT, Sr.
Maybe a first day starter, definitely will be successful

John David Booty, QB, Sr.
I Can not see him being better than an average QB who does what is asked of him, definitely not a franchise QB, maybe not even a first string QB.

Brian Cushing, LB, Jr.
Get some time and will finally make the starting line up down the road, I dont know about instant success like Merriman.

Sedrick Ellis, DT, Sr.
Good player, somewhat successful do what is asked of him

C.J. Gable, TB, Soph.
Potential is very high, could be a Willie Parker, a RB who is made first string a few seasons after rookie season

Vidal Hazelton, WR, Soph.
I dont know, in the mold of Williams, and Jarret could be a good player but nothing extraordinary

Ray Maualuga, LB, Jr.
Very good, has the intangibles dont know about understanding though, a good coach and he could be pro bowl

Taylor Mays, S, Soph.
In the mold of Sean Taylor, could be pro bowler shortly after comming out

Emmanuel Moody, TB, Soph.
lost in the RB shuffle

Keith Rivers, LB, Sr.
good player, dont know about NFL success however.

Mark Sanchez, QB, Soph.
Better of the two QB's, but with the NFL's new character flags that begs the question. He could be an NFL starter.

Patrick Turner, WR, Jr.
start immediately, big play ability, sure hands, and good routes.

Chauncey Washington, TB, SR.
good RB, special teamer, not a frachise RB though.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote