Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LB51

anyone want 2 shed some light on why he slipped to the 7th round?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

this might not be the reason, but at the combine there were some players that tested positive for stuff, whether it be steroids or drugs and Siler could have been one of those players. They never released the list of names to the public.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

There were supposedly some character concerns, and I think teams worried that his success was due in large part to the supporting cast around him. While these are both legit concerns, I don't think they should have been enough to drop him to the 7th. The Chargers could have a big steal with him.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

also a scout described him as very very stiff
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Yes, the Chargers did get a huge steal.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't care what he did to make him drop, I'm just glad he fell to us

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
xUFxGATORxUFx

Yeah, He's a steal and I believed he would go early in the 5th round....
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Most of what I've read says he tested really stiff in drills and some teams were turned off by his cocky attitude. While he won't be making much coin, he's in a good situation with a good team and not a lot in his way to prevent him from starting in two years.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he was really cocky and his game didnt match his attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, some charecter issues, attitude problems and having been on a team with 506 other players drafted and being an ILB probably didnt translate well film and on the field wise.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
gobucks
Rookie

gobucks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If he indeed tested positive for "something", he is a perfect fit for the Chargers.
gobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
If he indeed tested positive for "something", he is a perfect fit for the Chargers.
OmG LOLZZ!!!11!!!!\\

i love it when people make such witty jokes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
There were supposedly some character concerns, and I think teams worried that his success was due in large part to the supporting cast around him. While these are both legit concerns, I don't think they should have been enough to drop him to the 7th. The Chargers could have a big steal with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
yeah, some charecter issues, attitude problems and having been on a team with 506 other players drafted and being an ILB probably didnt translate well film and on the field wise.
What character issues do you speak of? The kid is from the 'hood in Orlando, graduated high school with like a 3.8, and was the unquestioned leader of a back-to-back top 10 defense. Say what you will about his game, but Siler is top notch off the field and anyone would be lucky to have a kid turn out as well as him.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know of any per se, but it was mentioned in plenty of scouting reports I read. But I don't know exactly.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.

He also injured his knee late in the season for the Gators, and film may have shown the injury may require some work on the knee. Even if its a question mark, that is a sign that usually makes players drop (see Marcus McNeill). His attitude will now include a very big chip on his shoulder that hopefully will translate into some inspired Special Teams play. Even if he only turns into a 1st 2nd down run stuffer, its a still a great pick for us in the 7th, where we needed depth. I was really surprised the Pats did not take him....and they have serious youth needs at ILB.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt what made him drop was becuase of talent, he is very gifted and was just surrounded by talent on that Gators D over the last few seasons. Correct me if I'm wrong but he won some awards and honors such as SEC defensive rookie of the year.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

That was as a freshman.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, but by showing that he stepped onto arguably the biggest stage of college football, the SEC, and winning its highest award as a freshman defender that says some good things about him and his chances of success as an NFL rookie. He is a talent and I believe that he will exceed the expectations that many have of him. He is also a great fit as an athletic run stuffer in the 3-4, which he will be as a Charger.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, hence rookie of the year, i was hoping the cards would grab him in the 7th but im happy with ben patrick too

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
xUFxGATORxUFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
True, but by showing that he stepped onto arguably the biggest stage of college football, the SEC, and winning its highest award as a freshman defender that says some good things about him and his chances of success as an NFL rookie. He is a talent and I believe that he will exceed the expectations that many have of him. He is also a great fit as an athletic run stuffer in the 3-4, which he will be as a Charger.
Thats a good post