Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How do they measure arm's and hands?

They measure them at the combine, but where exactly are the measurements? Someone told me the arm is different from how boxer's are measured, however that is.

I thought the hand would be from the point where the wrist and hand meet, to the end of the middle finger. But it seems like I saw someone getting measured with their hand spread open like to palm a basketball.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tip of thumb to end of pinkey I believe on the hand.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with a ruler.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Imperial Measurement System.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
RMoss84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
with a ruler.
Good Joke I bet no one else thought of that one. Very original.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
with a ruler.
Far more likely to be tape actually ;)

I imagine the hand is done in the conventional way which is from the tip of the thumb to either the tip of the pinky or tip of the ring finger. I've seen both used but the pinky is the norm(I measure better on the ring, not sure if thats the norm or not). Not sure on arm, can be done in many ways. Most normal would be from armpit to either tip of middle finger or wrist. That will be shorter than if you do top of shoulder to whichever. Can also do a wingspan and then discount the body width. I know the NBA uses wingspan, which is standing with both arms out, tape from middle to middle.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Tip of thumb to end of pinkey I believe on the hand.
I don't believe that to be correct or I have the same size hands as Calvin Johnson. I don't. I believe it to be wrist to end of middle finger.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if Jacoby Jones' numbers are correct on NFL.com. His hand size of 7 1/2" is VERY small. Comparatively, JL. Higgins 9 5/8" at 6'0" is HUGE.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote