Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Question SS/FS

Hi people,

I would just like your opinions on your Rookie Sty's, "Chinny" Ndukwe, and Marvin White, for my part, I think they both have a shot of starting for you at some point this year, thought's?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ndukwe is a project guy. Marvin has immediate intentions of playing him on special teams and grooming him for the backup role at saftey. He'll probably take Busings spot on the roster.

White will probably get some starts whenever Dexter Jackson eventually gets hurt but I doubt him getting the starting spot over Jackson.

Either way Ndukwe shouldn't see the field on defense. Madieu Williams is great as our FS and Marvin White/Jackson will man SS with Ethan Kilmer probably as the FS backup if both Jackson and Williams were hurt.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Ndukwe is a project guy. Marvin has immediate intentions of playing him on special teams and grooming him for the backup role at saftey. He'll probably take Busings spot on the roster.

White will probably get some starts whenever Dexter Jackson eventually gets hurt but I doubt him getting the starting spot over Jackson.

Either way Ndukwe shouldn't see the field on defense. Madieu Williams is great as our FS and Marvin White/Jackson will man SS with Ethan Kilmer probably as the FS backup if both Jackson and Williams were hurt.
Yep, well said. White is a guy who I wouldn't be shocked to see starting at some point because it is not uncommon for early 2nd day picks at S to step in early in their rookie years (i.e. Dawan Landry last year). Also, there was some real tension between the coaching staff and Jackson last year late in the year. They did not like his attitude.

If Ndukwe sees the field at all on D, either the Bengals are in big trouble injury wise or he has improved immensely. He was a guy who just got burnt constantly in college and doesn't seem to have anywhere near the coverage ability required to start for a team like the Bengals who value coverage ability in their safeties. He's a big guy with straight ahead speed, tackling ability and good character, so he should have a good chance of making the team as a special teamer.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it's more likely that Chinny will go on the practice squad and Busing will hang on. I see White as an eventual starter. I think Chinny will untimately show why he was a 7th rounder
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I think it's more likely that Chinny will go on the practice squad and Busing will hang on. I see White as an eventual starter. I think Chinny will untimately show why he was a 7th rounder
I think your all in for a pleasent surprise, he was originaly a Top 30 WR coming out of Coffman HS (Dublin OH) before he switched due to depth at the position. Last season he was (ND's) the second leading tackler on the team, he's aggressive and physical who is active in run-support, he flows to the ball, and isn't afraid to mix it up, he loves to hit and wrap and is great one on one in the open field, he is still learning the position, but given time I'm sure he'll make an impact with the Bengals.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6036

The 6-2 Ndukwe shocked the coaches by showing up at 218 pounds and moving well enough that he climbed the ladder to pull down an end zone interception as he was going out of bounds during a red-zone period on Sunday. Hes one of these guys Lewis may end up loving because the Bengals got him on the upside.

Ive become a better football player since the end of the season, Ndukwe said. Ive been able to spend time doing drills. I came in as a receiver, then sophomore year they moved me to safety/nickel/outside linebacker. Then my junior year they moved me to safety and that took some time for the transition and adjust to the mentality. In my senior year I think you could tell I embraced the position and everything fell into place, but even then I was still learning concepts and I wasnt able to focus on actual individual nuances.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
Also, there was some real tension between the coaching staff and Jackson last year late in the year. They did not like his attitude.
When did you hear about that?
What happened?

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know after the San Diego game he was one getting chewed out...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all I wanted to get clarification, there is no difference really between the SS and FS spots on the Bengals defense, correct? I thought Marvin likes both his safeties to be able to play both the pass and run well. I think White will start eventually, 2008 perhaps. Both of the rookies have the tools to be starters which is why I think they were both great day 2 picks, because eventually a starter will need to be groomed next to Madieu to take over for D-Jax and both of those guys have the potential to do just that. And if not, they'll be great ST guys.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Marvin strayed from his norm a little bit with White. While he isn't a liability in coverage he's not Ed Reed. But yes, he does want his guys to be able to do both. We haven't had a good SS since Marvin's been here though (Roman, Herring, Ohalete and now Jackson).

I think White is to promote some sort of phsyical presence on the defense and is going to be a great fit for our SS spot.

Marvin likes his potential and I'm just thrilled with the pick. By far my favorite of this years draft (if you exclude the comp. pick for Ahmad). I really like the potential of Ahmad and White clocking people in our secondary.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I know after the San Diego game he was one getting chewed out...
About what?

I'm having a hard time remembering what happened last season, like you can blame me.

That was a HORRIBLE season.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
About what?

I'm having a hard time remembering what happened last season, like you can blame me.

That was a HORRIBLE season.
They felt he gave up towards the end. The local radio guys were really giving it to him as well. Luckily that wasn't a frequent occurance so it's not like he's near Deltha level in terms of being in Marvins dog house.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im just gonna put it out there that we DO actually have a SS and FS position. DJ plays SS and madieu is FS. marvin just doesn't want a one-dimensional enforcer of a SS like Adam Archuleta whos not even good at that anymore.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BDG

I'm a fan of Ndukwe, he gets trashed for his coverage a lot but I don't really see the Bengals taking him if they didn't think he could cover. He looked alright in drills at the combine and put up some decent numbers (12 PBUS/4 Ints) the 2 seasons he started, (6 PBU/2 Int each season).

He obviously needs some work, but I think he can eventually develop into a very fine #3 safety.

White seems like the eventual replacement for Dexter who can't stay healthy a full season. The Bengals have been leery of injury prone players, especially vets lately and if White impresses a lot, he may be taking over sooner rather than later. Rookie safeites can step in and perform well, ie Whitner.

I hope they have intentions on keeping Madieu around.

I would like to see them with as the eventual lineup...2008:
Williams - White
Kilmer - Ndukwe
Old 05-18-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Just a tidbit: I was born in Cincy and my family moved to Florida where I lived near Tampa for 12 years. Became a fan. Moved back up to Columbus when I was 13 and here until now and I am 16. Still a Bucs fan.

I am not a bandwagon fan but I will become a Bengals fan if they draft Kenny Phillips, that is all.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Just a tidbit: I was born in Cincy and my family moved to Florida where I lived near Tampa for 12 years. Became a fan. Moved back up to Columbus when I was 13 and here until now and I am 16. Still a Bucs fan.

I am not a bandwagon fan but I will become a Bengals fan if they draft Kenny Phillips, that is all.
do you really expect him to fall all the way to pick 32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
do you really expect him to fall all the way to pick 32?
That's what I'm talkin' about :D