Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 12-04-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard he was doing poorly before and he was almost benched then, is there any truth to that?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I heard he was doing poorly before and he was almost benched then, is there any truth to that?
The team thinks that if they do that to Gamble then Gamble will regress because of his fragile psyche, but they think Lucas will work harder.

Don't see how you can be benched when you haven't even played the last few games.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he's been hurt most of the year with different injuries but he had a pretty bad missed tackle against the Falcons in Week 1 (though he wasnt covering the guy he missed on) and hadnt been the near-shutdown guy he was last season. He certainly wasnt playing any worse than Chris Gamble has since he's been injured though.

I'm wondering why Chad Morton (#35...street free agent) was out there covering Stallworth as the 3rd cb instead of Lucas on that last TD. There may be something we dont know that Fox is trying to cover up

edit: the Gamble thing makes sense as well though I hadnt heard it
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here a supporter of Jake Delhomme?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Read some posts and you could find out for yourself. He is far too inconsistent to lead us to the Super Bowl. And the quarterback position will need to be addressed sooner rather than later, we won't have the type of talent we have at the skill positions for much longer.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
Quote:
Read some posts and you could find out for yourself. He is far too inconsistent to lead us to the Super Bowl. And the quarterback position will need to be addressed sooner rather than later, we won't have the type of talent we have at the skill positions for much longer.
Tough spot. FA is weak. Chris Simms is probably the best of the bunch. If you try doing it through the draft, that's automatically a 2-3 year project.

At the same time... you guys got beat by Jeff Garcia... Something has to give.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not blaming that loss on Delhomme but he certainly hasnt helped us this season

Gamble gave up another long TD. Marshall has had better games. I better see Lucas out there next week. If not starting, then at least playing over CHAD ****ING MORTON who got completely smoked by Stallworth. I was wrong about LJ Smith but the reasoning was good. We always get smoked by 3rd WRs/TEs/RBs because our LBs/S cant cover and once again it happens. And I hope Peppers is done sleeping

Giants/Panthers will be a fun game to see who wants to lose more

At least DeAngelo had a good game
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tough spot. FA is weak. Chris Simms is probably the best of the bunch. If you try doing it through the draft, that's automatically a 2-3 year project.

At the same time... you guys got beat by Jeff Garcia... Something has to give.
The guy in your signature doesn't look like a bad option. I think Brennan has the tools to succeed in the NFL and isn't just a product of the Hawaii system.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

From what I saw of Brennan in the Hawaii/Oregon State game he has random fits of wildness just like Delhomme, though I wouldnt say theyre random fits of stupidity. That could have just been the 20mph wind too

And it makes his completion % even more impressive

I like that Ilaoa guy even more, he could be a Nick Goings type with more of a power game
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Come to think of it, Carolina would be an awesome fit for Brennan. Never gave thought to that before. You could probably grab him without using a first round pick too! One thing though, you'll have to wait until the 2008 draft. He's returning to Hawaii for his senior year.

Ilaoa is nasty! I think he's a real player, but I don't know if he'll get drafted. If someone gives him a shot to come to camp, he'll show up some guys. He just needs a chance.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we need someone with mobility. You can't imagine how much more dangerous Smith would be with a mobile guy.

Oh, and Smith is a man among boys, he just furthers why he is the best. Nobody plays with his passion and heart.

Deangelo is awesome, him and Smith are like the same guy!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
Not really. Just don't be obnoxious and you should be fine. Our fans don't try to start any fights or crap like that simply because one person is a fan of the other team. Be respectful and you'll receive the same type of respect in return from the Panthers' fans.

I've heard some fans say that the selection of food at the stadium is far from the best, so you may want to eat somewhere else prior to the game. I would suggest Bojangles, can't visit North Carolina without some chicken and biscuits.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Delhomme sat out practice today with a torn ligament in his right thumb

Chances are that Weinke will be starting

-_-
Old 12-06-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman
Delhomme sat out practice today with a torn ligament in his right thumb

Chances are that Weinke will be starting

-_-
At least we can try something new.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Gamble's out with a hamstring injury too

Normally I wouldnt mind but now our #2 CB is Chad Morton
Old 12-10-2006, 09:32 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't expect this offseason to be as sexy as the last one. We'll need to find a left tackle, guard, and possibly another center. I expect we'll draft a quarterback sometime on the first day of the draft, although Jake Delhomme will likely have atleast one more season as the starter. DeShaun Foster should be dealt, we need to find a talented power runningback to compliment DeAngelo Williams and help resuscitate our third-down offense. Keary Colbert should be released or traded, we can look to the draft to find another wide receiver who could also return punts. Ryne Robinson out of Miami (OH) has caught my eye, he is the same type of receiver as Steve Smith and is explosive on special teams. I also think we should look to free agency to find a tight end that can catch the football on a consistent basis. We don't need a playmaker, we need a steady safety valve like Daniel Graham from the New England Patriots.

Our struggles on defense are well-documented. The secondary needs to be addressed, a new starter at safety is needed and talented depth at cornerback is needed. I don't view the linebackers as as much of a problem, but some young depth would be nice.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

I actually think we'll look more for a PR/KR who plays DB in his spare time. Our depth after the first 3 CBs this year is awful and I dont see it getting any better

Not that it would be that big of a factor, we need a returner for his pure skills. Not what position he's going to spend as a career backup for
Old 12-10-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Weinke > Delhomme

Give Weinke a couple more weeks and he will be playing great. He is stonger, smarter and much more technically sound.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

We're not going anywhere with either one. I'd rather see Basanez, he at least looked good in the preseason while neither Weinke nor Delhomme have looked good at all this year
Old 12-10-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

At this point, Rodney Peete may be an upgrade over what we'll get out of either Chris Weinke or Jake Delhomme. If we commit to his development, JaMarcus Russell may be our future. Unless we completely re-vamp our offensive line, we'll need a quarterback with the ability to scramble effectively.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

One positive from this entire dibacle was the fact that the announcers singled-out Dan Henning, which is what I think needed to happen for any change to happen.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
One positive from this entire dibacle was the fact that the announcers singled-out Dan Henning, which is what I think needed to happen for any change to happen.
What did they say? I missed some of the game.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:
What did they say? I missed some of the game.
Early on, they showed Henning and mentioned that he was under fire the past few weeks. After the first or second drive, when we ran the ball on third-and-long, Aikman called out Henning and said that this is why Panthers' fans wanted a change.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers in the offseason need a new offensive coordinator and new offensive line coach...

Then we need to get a new safety that can cover and react in the secondary.

Finally we need to get Shelton more involved and draft a dedicated return man.

We're struggling on defense because the offense can't maintain posession...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote