Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so lovable
Old 08-12-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, 2 weeks since a post in Panther Country?
No hope, or no members from the Carolina area?

I like Matt Moore, and there's no better 1-2 punch at RB than DeAngelo-Stewart.

If your defense plays well, you can knock off the Saints and the Falcons.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overreactions based on 1 preseason game:

- hardy is a beast
- secondary is questionable
- kalil needs to be extended asap. bernadeu sucks
- special teams still blows
- eric moore is making the team
- clausen will be good. sitting a year won't hurt him either. he wouldnt fall apart if he started as a rookie but he needs more time than some people think. needs to work on throwing a tighter spiral
- cantwell is a scrub. moore/clausen/pike will be the three
- WRs still blow
- josh vaughn or whoever is camp fodder. d-will/stew/sutton is a lock as the rotation. goodson needs to show something to make the team
- duke robinson won't ever be a starting o-lineman for us
- both kasay and baker shouldn't be as secure with their jobs as they are. hopefully John walks away during the lockout year because he's starting to deteriorate and I'd rather see him go out while he still has it than hang on
- whoever the rhys lloyd replacement is shouldnt make the team. id cut him after tonight and try to find someone else
- armanti edwards was a horrible pick. he better be a baller ass wildcat QB because he looks lost on ST
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see the game when the interesting players were in which sucked. Clausen had a decent debut I'd say, Moore is still the starter and it is funny people think otherwise.

Greg Hardy looked good, back to back sacks is definitely a good way to get attention and get playing time.

I'm going to support Edwards but he has a ton to learn about receiving.

needs more Brandon Lafell

I don't really see much else to say about the game, the second and third games are the ones to watch if any
Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few thoughts...

* Edwards needs time before anyone really gets on him too much. He's returning punts for the first time since high school (if he even did it then) and playing WR for the first time since high school. I wasn't a huge fan of the pick but "it is what it is".

* Hardy looks like a monster, but I'd like to see him against some first teamers before I declare him the saving grace of our D-line.

* Clausen had a pretty good debut, but it's still Moore's job.

* Cantwell has absolutely no pocket awareness. Like, less than none actually. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox & Hurney scour the waiver wire once cuts begin for another QB. I'm hard-pressed to imagine them going into the season with 2 QB's that are rookies on the deep chart. I could see Pike being an IR stash.

* Rosario continues to look like he could be a superb TE, if he would remain consistent and if they would keep him in the lineup.

* Gamble is very underrated by our fan base. Marshall is far from consistent in his play, and Munnerlyn though loved by a portion of our fan base just does not impress me.

* Kasay and Baker both need to go after this year. Kasay especially, he is deteriorating at an alarming rate.

* I'm not liking the current LB group as they're using them. I just don't understand the logic of moving Beason from MLB, where he's proven to be a stud, to WLB, where Anderson played well last year, so that they can put Connor in at MLB and Anderson at SLB.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The future.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post

* Gamble is very underrated by our fan base. Marshall is far from consistent in his play, and Munnerlyn though loved by a portion of our fan base just does not impress me.

* I'm not liking the current LB group as they're using them. I just don't understand the logic of moving Beason from MLB, where he's proven to be a stud, to WLB, where Anderson played well last year, so that they can put Connor in at MLB and Anderson at SLB.
Well fans love Munnerlyn because he was 7th round pick and he won the nickle position in his first season. Of course it also depends on level of competition for the spot, but there weren't many 7th round picks getting any playing time. He got beat for a TD in the preseason game but I don't expect him to be a black hole for our defense.

Side note: I've read good things about CJ Wilson this year. Sure would be nice to have a good dime package with the saints spreading us out.

And I agree about the linebackers
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I was referring to the number of Gamecock fans that were talking about him from the second he was drafted like he was the second coming of Deion Sanders. The Panthers board I post the most on nowadays seems to be overran with Gamecock-Panther fans.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually I was referring to the number of Gamecock fans that were talking about him from the second he was drafted like he was the second coming of Deion Sanders. The Panthers board I post the most on nowadays seems to be overran with Gamecock-Panther fans.
Aww I see. Which forum?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Pantherfanz
Old 08-21-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munnerlyn isn't good. He's useful, and def WAY overrated by our fan base but he'd be better off 4th on the depth chart than wherever he is

I didn't get to see the game today but I heard from a friend that Fox looked pissed about Edwards during it. I wonder if he didn't sign off on that pick. Trying to turn a DivIAA QB into a PR/WR doesn't really sound like his MO in the first place, nevermind that he's having to do it with his 1 year contract. Richardson went to a SoCon school and I wouldn't be surprised if we had some AppState grads in the front office, so it makes you think...
Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Munnerlyn isn't good. He's useful, and def WAY overrated by our fan base but he'd be better off 4th on the depth chart than wherever he is

I didn't get to see the game today but I heard from a friend that Fox looked pissed about Edwards during it. I wonder if he didn't sign off on that pick. Trying to turn a DivIAA QB into a PR/WR doesn't really sound like his MO in the first place, nevermind that he's having to do it with his 1 year contract. Richardson went to a SoCon school and I wouldn't be surprised if we had some AppState grads in the front office, so it makes you think...
Interesting... Edwards gets hyped so much for not having any skills for the position. He is a project player and the third round isn't where you start projects at WR. Mike Goodson was basically the Edwards of last year and now you hear nothing about him. Just think about how good we would be if all the training camp sensations actually came through. (or for any team I guess)

Anyway, I didn't see any of the game cause I was at work but looking at the stats it looks like I didn't miss much at all.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

You didn't miss much. The kick & punt returns were horrid, our offense was horrid. The defense was pretty solid. If what we saw last night continues into the season, Jason Bakers leg will fall off from punting too much by the bye week.

Last edited by JPF : 08-31-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

so in summation, our defense is holy **** balls good

the special teams still blow, though goodson did beast the **** out of tennessee on one play

at least theyre not going to force edwards into a role he obviously cant handle. here's hoping one of those season ending "knee sprains" or whatever show up in practice next week

the offense is still awful. the qbs arent good enough, the wrs arent good enough, the line isnt, hell even the rbs (sans goodson) didnt look up to snuff today

and captain munnerlyn still sucks
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

who's ready for this season??????????

I say its a borderline winning year but lots of promise.

Bring it on Giants
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Honestly, 5-11 wouldn't surprise me but neither would 10-6. Too many questions to really have a feel for how this year is going to go.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Not exactly a great start to the season...
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not exactly a great start to the season...
Charles ******* Godfrey...

I give credit to the Giants, but I felt like we made it easy for them and I mostly mean for their receivers.

The Linebackers were decent, the team dropped like 10 interceptions though.

I didn't see play calling that would help the offense get in a rythm. I am forever puzzled when it comes to teams and the hurry up offense. Matt Moore puts together a decent drive to end the half and then we never come back to it while we were in the game despite it being the only thing that worked.

I thought we were looking decent until the second quarter and then the Giants just took off and the Panthers did nothing.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

7-9

At this point I'm hoping Fox walks at the end of the year, Jerry is wrong and we play 2011, end up hiring some reject college coach in a panic and pull a 1-15 out of our ass so we start 2012 with this man...

Old 09-19-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

This team is awful.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
This team is awful.
Awful seems like an understatement.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clausen for president.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

its time for the change. just hope it isnt too early for clausen. wouldve preferred him to sit all year and let that toe heal. it's been 3 years for stewart and he's still got a busted foot

Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman : 09-20-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
This team is awful.
You guys have a bunch of no namers on your team.. Steve Smith is good, and your two Rbs. After that it's a mess of people, especially on defense. Gross is a good OL men, but that defense is terrible outside of Beason. O'connor I root for, but the rest are ok. Bunch of no namers and you're trying to win in this league with that.

I am not surprised you guys lost again. On top of that, now enough film is out on Matt Moore, so I expect him to come down to reality statistically.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

gross is riding on past success. he's the new mike wahle.