Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We hired Sean McDermott from Philly after he was let go... I hope he finds more success after leaving Johnson's huge shadow. I'm skeptical, but Rivera has a good track record and I'll expect him to make our defense our strong point.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...assistant.html

We also hired Chudzinkski as our offensive coordinator. He was in San Diego as a tight ends coach. Rivera is probably pretty comfortable with the guy because of their time together. He has developed some tight ends but I'm not holding my breath that our offense looks anything like what they say. Then again I'm still thinking about the Panthers as if Fox is the HC where nothing changes.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hudzinski.html
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Fairley a lock?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So is Fairley a lock?
As long as he is in shape at the combine I don't care about anyone else. He has the ability to be so disruptive up the middle and his play elevates others better as well. Also Rivera is a defensive coach.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
jdb1972
Rookie

jdb1972 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So is Fairley a lock?
No, but I'd say picking somewhere on the DL is.
jdb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i would guess its down to fairley and bowers

long shots are aj green or their top rated qb
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It's going to be Colin Coepernick with the #1 pick. Watch.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, what can you tell me about Chris Gamble? How good is he? Is he a fast guy, is he very technically sound or does he rely too much on his athleticism, does he Gamble much (hahaha, I know)? Is he better in man or zone? Much appreciated.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want you guys to take Fairley so badly. He is going to be a stud, but he will also have that Suh effect and make your whole DL instantaneously better. Greg Hardy would ball out so hard with Fairley inside, if you take Bowers I am going to cry.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default James Anderson

Hi all.

I'm a Giants fan, and had a Panthers specific question. I was trying to figure out how my Giants could improve their situation at the SAM position. I thought that Greenway would be the perfect solution, but he re-signed with the Vikings. James Anderson was the second most productive SAM last year. I wanted to know what you guys thought of him. He had a breakout year last year, but it seems a little suspect. Is he for real, and could a team like the Giants lure him away?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@touchdownmaker, yea he had more tackles last season (98), compared to his previous 4 (65). I think he would be an improvement over sintim/boley, but at the same time he could just be a product of our system. From the giant's perspective I would go after him as long as they don't overpay for him and expect too much out of him.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think i'll throw in a team mock here

using scott's rankings (ie if we're picking 20th and he has X player ranked 17th i cant pick him but i can take Y player ranked 23rd). going to try my best not to look ahead with the picks (drafting with knowledge i wouldnt have on draft day)

1. DT Marcel Dareus - just dont have the balls to go all in on Newton. If I thought he had the all-world potential some of his fans do I'd be down for Russian Roulette but honestly I think his upside is Vince Young with a brain and his downside is what people thought Tebow would be. Taking Dareus because none of the other guys in the top 5 mix do it for me. PP7 isnt a shutdown corner imo. His upside is Charles Woodson but if he's a screw up he's basically DeAngelo Hall. No thanks on that at 1 especially if he doesnt want to return kicks. BTW, if I had an equal talent pass-rushing DT (ie Fairley/Suh model) going up against a Dareus type I'm taking the pass rusher every day and twice on Sundays. Pocket disruption >>>>>>> plugging the run. But apparently Fairley is such a huge screw up that he's worked his way out of the picture and in reality I always knew Dareus was the same talent level, just like I know Julio is around AJ's level despite what every analyst is being fed

65. WTF did Scott really only rank the top 32 this year? He is getting crazy lazy. Ok well I'll use the mock and just wing it in rounds 4+. The pick is QB Ricky Stanzi. A reach here but I can't risk him falling to end of the round when he's the only guy I believe in. Questions worth asking - the guy reminds me of Delhomme, do we really want that again? I dunno, but this is MY team now and we're taking MY guy. Why another QB if you're not taking one at #1? Clausen isn't on the team next year. If he cant be traded he's cut. Pike is likely on the outside looking is as well. Planned depth chart is Moore, some random FA vet, Stanzi, Pike. If Pike blows it up in TC then Moore or the vet will be cut. Otherwise he's back on PS or out of the organization. Best man starts
97. DT Jerrell Powe - Whatever, we need basically an entire new depth chart of DTs. Landri is the only guy worth a **** on the roster and he isn't worth much. If I had a magic ball I couldve taken Stanzi here and picked Drake Nevis at 65 but I don't, sucks for us.
98. TE/whatever DJ Williams - This goes against everything I stand for because I feel like these TE/FB hybrid guys NEVER work out but I've seen this guy a good amount and he's a baller. Put him on the field and let him catch the ball. Cut Rosario and dont re-sign King to fit him on the roster with Shockey
132. DT Sione Fua - I wasn't joking about how dire our DT spot is. Plus, I actually like this guy. I was just meh on Powe. Don't know if he'll actually be available here, dont care enough to make sure
166. OL Jah Reid - Just shooting blind at this point. This guy is big and fat. Maybe him or Otah can force that POS Gross out soon. Or he'll sub in for Otah when he decides to take a year off again
203. WR Andre Holmes - Whatever, he's 6'4 and runs a 4.53 and I feel like we never take non-D1 guys so it'd be nice to mix it up for once.
293. RB Johnny White - This guy is probably getting cut anyway so who cares. If DeAngelo bolts maybe he sneaks onto the roster. As a State fan White showed me more than any of the other 10 RBs B!tch Davis had ahead him on the depth chart so maybe he's the next Willie Parker. Probably not

man that really doesnt do much to make our team not suck next year

maybe we'd be better off just taking the plunge with cam then pop nevis at 65
Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have mixed feelings regarding the Panthers draft. I like Newton as a prospect, but I don't think he's number 1 overall caliber. Dareus would have been my selection. I really like the McClain-Fua picks to bookend the 3rd round, and finishing out with the offensive linemen is always a good move. Don't know much about the Hawaii receiver, neither do I like the Hogan pick, kid has talent but is trouble off the field. Wilson is good value late and good depth. I'd give it a slightly above average draft, which is probably not a good rating holding the 1st overall pick.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hogan matures more and Newton doesnt flame out and the receiver from Hawaii turns out to be as good as i think he could be, than a slightly above average draft could turn into one of the top drafts this year. They went more for potential this year rather than the safe best available philosophy that John Fox used every year. He would take a need round 1 to start (and sometimes round 2) then best available at a spot that needed depth from there on out. Thats why we have 4 LBs who could possibly start for other teams and almost nothing on the D Line.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A very boom or bust draft for us. If the draft busts, Hurney will be gone (which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing).
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

figured I'd drop by to see your thoughts on Richard Marshall & Jeff king

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
figured I'd drop by to see your thoughts on Richard Marshall & Jeff king

Jeff King is offers pretty much nothing as a pass catcher but hes a solid enough blocker, decent pick up there.

Richard Marshall has an ego that makes you think hes as good as Darrel Revis which hes not even half that good. He is very good and has alot of upside and in your defense he would prolly be a starter so you more than likely wont see that ego come out but just sayin. Hes a great tackler but he does have lapses in coverage sometimes. Overall great pickup, may not be as good as DRC but he has the upside to be better.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King can catch the ball, he just isn't going to get you many yards...and damn sure don't expect any yard at all after the catch.

Marshall is good but has an ego as already mentioned. His biggest problem is he's over-aggressive at times. If your coaching staff can teach him when to be aggressive and when to stick to coverage, he could be a steal.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

king sucks. he's an average blocker and a non-threat in the passing game. all his catches are like 6 yard gains (no YAC - ever) on 3rd and 10. he'd be good value as a 3rd string TE. maybe about league average as a 2nd stringer. if he's your starter you're f'd

marshall was a very good player as a rookie. the problem is he never got any better and if anything regressed. he was awful last year but thats probably because he just quit since our owner decided to tank the season. there's potential there but it's going to take a hell of a coaching staff to get it out of him.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We signed Derrick Anderson, I don't think any details are out yet. I don't think he is anything more than a body we throw out there if Cam isn't ready.

I've been following a few twitter feeds of people at camp. Sounds like Cam is at least completing some passes although he is said to be checking down a bit much. He has been picked a few times and also busted a few runs.

The long road begins for Newton as a passer

Last edited by ShutDwn : 08-01-2011 at 08:02 PM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

im pretty sure armanti is the 2nd best qb on the roster

if anyone but cam plays this year im not watching
Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Newton threw deep passes with ease, often hitting receivers perfectly in stride or threading the needle right into their arms. Then he’d scramble for a first down, or throw a perfect fade into the end zone for a touchdown. It all seems so effortless to him.
http://sportsclt.com/2011/08/06/newt...off-the-field/

I'm trying to stay realistic, I keep telling myself it's only fan fest. And I know we are missing like half the defense... But this article made me more excited for the Panthers than I have been since 2008.

This time of the year is always interesting to hear about the training camp stars but we've never had a stud like this and I can't wait to see him next Saturday.

Here is a another article written (strangely) about it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-cam-fest.html

Our offense has great pieces to be so dynamic. I love the Olsen pickup so much and if Gettis can progress we will have a nice deep threat.

Armanti Edwards is this years wide receiver sensation. All the previous have failed, I hear he could catch punts with his eyes closed so I bet he makes the team at least as a returner.

I want a 2nd corner still

Last edited by ShutDwn : 08-07-2011 at 01:32 AM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

Im really excited too, this made me wonder how good Cam can actually be this early, i mean i figured hed be good eventually but this makes me think he might be good as a rookie because he seems to be progressing so fast.

Gettis hopefully will get better and if he doesnt ive always like Naane (spelling?) and think he could step in, hes also still young and could end up being great.

Im super excited dude, cant wait to see Carolina running a west coast offense and not just running.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

It's gameday boys!

JC gets the start over Cam but I think we may get to see a lot of Cam too though because Pike hasn't practiced at all and Anderson isn't up to speed either.

Gettis got hurt, that really sucks because I was hopping for a receiver to develop on the team but I guess Legadu will have to suffice. Smith is out for the game with an injured finger so looks like Cam and JC get to throw to the scrubs. Armanti better show up big in receiving and return game, I'm tired of hearing so much and seeing so little.

Ron Edwards is probably the worst injury to occur, luckily we have the two rookies McClain and Fua playing well at DT because I can't stand Nick Hayden.

Honestly, I don't think this game will tell us much other than the fact we need our starters back.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

well Corvey Irvin apparently has started playing well and is starting so id like to see what he does. im pretty excited to see Shockey and Olsen out there too.

As for Armanti...agreed he better show something, last year was horrible since he didnt even really get on the field and this year all of a sudden he is the #3 receiver it seems...

The only thing this game can possibly teach us is if Cam plays alot and does well with our backups, but even then idk how much it could really teach us so you are prolly right on the money there with that.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

So, that pick six erased any confidence anyone should have been giving to Clausen. I know Cam will have some plays that are terrible, but the guy has so much big play ability it is ridiculous. If the coaching staff can put him in a position to be a threat running and throwing he will have a much better time passing. We have three backs, Olsen and pretty good back up TEs and Steve Smith. Give us one more capable receiver and I think we are giving him plenty to be good with, even in his first year.

Armanti did well returning it seems, I need replays though