Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Quote:
Oh don't worry we will beat that punk from Texas' ass silly and we wont throw 34 times and allow 3 defensive touchdowns. Chalk up the win.
Good luck with that. :roll:
We don't need luck :twisted:
You're right, you need actual talent.
What's with you? Why are you saying that we have no chance when we're playing great right now and have won 4 of 5, are at home, and are favored by 4.5? Why are you saying we have no talent when Losman and Evans have looked great, guys like Royal and Reed are stepping up to help them out, McGahhe is still considered amazing around the league, the line is uncountable amounts better, and our pass D has been outstanding? We're on the rise and have had great coaching, so do you just feel like being an ass for no reason or are you just plain stupid?
I'm not being an ass. I never said the Bills were bad, the last post was a joke. I was originally responding to a post saying you would push around and dominate Vince Young. Your Run D is not very good at all and few teams have been able to stop him on the ground. I just don't see you being able to do it.
:P VYisaGod, not MLisaGod

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh don't worry we will beat that punk from Texas' ass silly and we wont throw 34 times and allow 3 defensive touchdowns. Chalk up the win.
Good luck with that. :roll:
We don't need luck :twisted:
You're right, you need actual talent.
What's with you? Why are you saying that we have no chance when we're playing great right now and have won 4 of 5, are at home, and are favored by 4.5? Why are you saying we have no talent when Losman and Evans have looked great, guys like Royal and Reed are stepping up to help them out, McGahhe is still considered amazing around the league, the line is uncountable amounts better, and our pass D has been outstanding? We're on the rise and have had great coaching, so do you just feel like being an ass for no reason or are you just plain stupid?
I'm not being an ass. I never said the Bills were bad, the last post was a joke. I was originally responding to a post saying you would push around and dominate Vince Young. Your Run D is not very good at all and few teams have been able to stop him on the ground. I just don't see you being able to do it.
:P VYisaGod, not MLisaGod
Nah, I think that it is RMisaGod
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:48 PM    (permalink

anyone wanna do a avatar bet on the game this weekend ? loser wears the other teams avatar for a while.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright guys, almost time to get really into this stuff, so what does everyone think we'll go for in the first round?

- Cornerback - If Nate leaves(most likely that he will), are we in desperate need of a CB? It is often said that cover 2 teams don't take CBs in the first round, but since when do our drafts follow what others think. We haven't seen much of youboty and mcgee isn't a #1. McCauley has been a popular pick but I would love if we could somehow get Hughes in the 2nd round.

- Wide Receiver - I know most of us have been desiring a nice big wideout (Jarrett), but how keen do you think our guys are on taking an offensive skill position here? I'd say Reed has been having his best year in his role but is not a consistent #2, Price has blown, Parrish is a slot guy along with the aformentioned two guys. Royal is not a great receiver still. Evans is great, but he needs the big guy on the other side to help him out and Losman. I'm a huge advocate of this pick but have no idea as to what the organization thinks of doing when it comes to this need as I see it. We came in to this season without any big WR but I have seen over the course of the season that just that would help out our offense a lot. We have several contributors at WR, but no real #2, and I see no reason as why not to pursue one. A big target that can reliably catch is something that I'd love for us to have.

- O-line - I'm not a fan of Preston as a starter and wouldn't mind someone to take his place there as Villarrial is done. I really hope we re-sign Gandy as I've always been a big advocate of him as a guard. Fowler-Gandy-Peters is a nice left side, but I have not been able to see how Pennington has fared due to all the blackouts :x . I keep hearing that he has showed promise and has "not been in over his head", but is he starter material? Our right side lacks starting experience but I have not been impressed by Duke and have seen little of Pennington. Based on position, our choices could be limited to Blalock and Levi Brown depending on who declares. Its not my favorite pick but it wouldn't be awful.
- D-line - Schobel is god, and I think Denney and Kelsay and even Hargrove have put in a rotation nice enough to ward off serious consideration of an early DE selection. Our DT are not good but are young and to an extent untested. Tripplett has disappointed and Williams has been alright. Our first rounder has barely played in the regular season. I don't think they'll be willing to go for another first round DT so soon, but I'd expect some sort of big move to help out this unit. The whole D-line could use some help in the run game, but sadly I doubt a first round talent will not be the answer.

- Linebacker - I've been thinking that this would be a good and sensible pick, but Ellison seems to have really shown the fans and the organization that he could be a starter. There have been a number of reasons to suspect this pick. Spikes has lost a step, Fletcher is getting up there and might not be here next year, and even Crowell just had a season ending injury. Crowell is a starter next year, and Spikes and Ellison could be an interesting scenario if Crowell is still playing WLB. If London is re-signed then I highly highly doubt LB is a first round pick. There are questions of Fletcher and Spikes still, but with Crowell and Ellison providing the youth and ability on the outside and Fletcher still good enough for now in the middle and Spikes still having the fact that he's Takeo Spikes working for him it just wouldn't seem necessary. Depth would still be nice here and a really early pick is still possible to groom under the veterans and take over for London or even possibly Spikes. If London is lost to free agency, then there is the possibility of a shuffle to Crowell on the inside with Spikes and Ellison on the outside. In this situation, however, Crowell would need to adjust, Spikes would still most likely be playing a step behind and Ellison would be an inexperienced full time starter that is still not the greatest player. There would be an immediate need for talented depth and LB is a huge need. If there is no shuffle in this scenario, then we have no worthy starter for the middle and a guy would be needed immediately. I see no real reason as to not re-signing Fletcher, but a few year deal and an early round replacement to groom seems very likely to me.

Its been hard for me to not see most of the past couple of games, and the more I think about what we might do the less sure I am of anything. So toss in what you think and we might just clear something up.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:
You realize the Cardinals have some of the best raw talent in the league right?
I realize this, but they don't and them not being able to win shows putting you in no position to talk down upon a team better than yours.
So because the Bills are better than the Cardinals I can't say bad things about them? That's just stupid. :roll:
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
49ersfan_87 wrote:
Is this game going to be blacked out once again?

Yes....
Id like to promote Booty Yoga Ballet as the most ridiculous blackout Paid Programming yet.....................Thank god for 96.9

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
anyone wanna do a avatar bet on the game this weekend ? loser wears the other teams avatar for a while.
I don't really think anyone cares about the outcome of this game.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have been on the patrick willis bandwagon for a while now. I want Fletch back but dont see it happening.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and, for the record, I think Spikes will return to form next year with a whole offseason of rest.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lindell was signed to a 5 year $10 mil contract today! Great news. Now they should look toward Fletch and Clemments. Bills have a ton of cap space in the off-season to work with, look for them to make a splash in Free Agency.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
Lindell was signed to a 5 year $10 mil contract today! Great news. Now they should look toward Fletch and Clemments. Bills have a ton of cap space in the off-season to work with, look for them to make a splash in Free Agency.
HAH! not likely bro, I wish, but not likely. We are cheap ass mother *******.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indeed, more Kiwaukee Thomas and Matt Morgan escapades are being seen in the future.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl
Quote:
Indeed, more Kiwaukee Thomas and Matt Morgan escapades are being seen in the future.
I think we will see 1 big signing, whether it be Clements, Fletch or someone else. And we have not really been that cheap, just didnt make flashy signings. Schobel and McGee and Peters got big extensions in the past 2 years. Also, Villareal and Tripplett were not small signings by any means.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just so happy about Lindell!!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl
Quote:
God I hate Kiwaukee Thomas. Our CBs are going to be such garbage next year, unless Youboty is something special that we haven't seen
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

One more overlooked signing that I want to get done is Mike Gandy.

I'm reading an article about Rosenhaus wanting to get serious on McGahee extension talks. Nothing significant about the article really, just some between the lines stuff about it going to be expensive
Old 12-28-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

sign back clements and fletch fo sho, but hopefully not long-term for fletch, maybe a 2 year deal with the option to extend to a 5 year or something. Clements should get a 4 or 5 year deal probably. I really hope we at least pursue Steinbach. I don't really know what our personel like on the offensive line, but I wouldn't mind seeing Leonard Davis starting on the right side of the line next year either. I just want a good offensive line.

Anyways, I am going to start a pledge to send Rian Lindell to the windiest place on the earth to practice kicking in the off season, anyone agree to this idea?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't really see how you're going to get much better at kicking into the wind coming directly at you. But if it let's us know his range then that'd be nice to avoid the heartbreak of a whole city (everybody in Buffalo knew we wouldn't convert that 4th down)
Old 12-28-2006, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

mcgee, could u post the link to that article if you have it. I am surprised they are talking because someone I know who is friends with willis told me that he is leaving unless he is franchised.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
mcgee, could u post the link to that article if you have it. I am surprised they are talking because someone I know who is friends with willis told me that he is leaving unless he is franchised.
It was in the newspaper, I don't know if I could find it online. It was more Rosenhaus than McGahee, but McGahee is quoted as to saying "I think I'm due. I don't know if the Bills will do something or not. We'll just have to see. What I've done here should speak for itself."
Rosenhaus said he approached the Bills about an extension earlier in the year, and he hopes to get into serious discussion after the season is over.
Yeah, Willis never seemed thrilled to be in Buffalo and I'm not reading too much into anything right now, but who knows.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Anyone know where our draft pick is as of now?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't think that Fletcher will be back next year, and you can quote me on that. I am even banking on it. I watched a video of him after the Titans game and when asked about the outlook of the future of the team, he said, "I don't know. We'll see." (or something like that)

Personally, I hope that McGahee doesn't get an extension. He talks too much and doesn't produce enough for me. I really think that he would be much more comfortable playing in the south somewhere, probably Miami. I don't think that he ever liked Buffalo.

I am a HUGE advocate of Michael Turner, but its a shame that he is an RFA. Also, the Jets are very interested in him and McGahee isn't a UFA until next year. It's a real shame because he is going to be a player in this league when he starts for sure. Kinda reminiscent of Earl Campbell with more speed. Runs violently and has top end speed. My kind of back.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
I don't think that Fletcher will be back next year, and you can quote me on that. I am even banking on it. I watched a video of him after the Titans game and when asked about the outlook of the future of the team, he said, "I don't know. We'll see." (or something like that)

Personally, I hope that McGahee doesn't get an extension. He talks too much and doesn't produce enough for me. I really think that he would be much more comfortable playing in the south somewhere, probably Miami. I don't think that he ever liked Buffalo.

I am a HUGE advocate of Michael Turner, but its a shame that he is an RFA. Also, the Jets are very interested in him and McGahee isn't a UFA until next year. It's a real shame because he is going to be a player in this league when he starts for sure. Kinda reminiscent of Earl Campbell with more speed. Runs violently and has top end speed. My kind of back.
That's what everybody thought about Lamont Jordan of Oakland when he was second string behind Martin. It's a whole different story now that he's the feature back. Nothing is for sure about a second stringer.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

As far as Clements is concerned - I like him, but not for Champ Bailey $. Clements had a great season for his contract year if you think about it. Horrible start where he didn't seem to be trying too much, then a great end where he really turned it on and people recognized it. Now he will command top corner $ and we shouldn't give it to him IMO.

Another point - thanks Tom Donahoe! Not something I say alot, but thanks for locking up Schobel. I didn't like it at the time, but he has definitely produced and lived up to the money he got.

I don't think we will sign Clements or Fletcher. I hope we pursue Steinbach, Dielman or Locklear instead. I hope we stay away from Leonard Davis. Unlike SM, I do not like Gandy and hope he doesn't come back. I initially didn't like Fowler, but he has played well enough to start next year.

I really only see 3 players on our line who should be starting next year - Peters, Folwer and Pennington. The 2 guard spots can definitely be upgraded. Villareal looks like he is done. Preston is only an adequate starter and would be better slated as a backup. Gandy may or may not be re-signed. Looks like FA/Draft for the guard spots.

Anderson, Tim DT RFA - Hope to God that he isn't resigned but for some reason I could see if he is. Beaten out by a rookie and shouldn't be re-signed. Not resigned.
Clements, Nate CB UFA - Shouldn't be given top corner $. Not resigned.
Davis, Andre WR UFA - Too many WR's and too much $ put into mediocre WR's already (Price and Reed). Not resigned.
Fletcher-Baker, London LB UFA - Really hope he is re-signed, but doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore. Not resigned.
Gandy, Mike OL UFA - Hope he isn't resigned; I will be forever scarred from that Lions game where HE GAVE UP 4 SACKS IN ONE GAME TO JAMES HALL. Better alternatives in FA and the draft. Not resigned.
Greer, Jabari CB RFA - Like him for cheap. Re-signed.
Hargrove, Anthony DE RFA - Like him alot, he has fit in well here after coming midseason and not even having a full training camp. Re-signed.
Kelsay, Chris DE UFA - Hope he is re-signed. I like him and Denney's rotation and production togehter. Put them together and they combine for 11.5 sacks, which is good for a starting DE. They are basically the same DE and compliment each other nicely. Seems to fit the system. Should be a priority. Re-signed.
Lindell, Rian PK UFA - Already Re-signed!
Preston, Duke OL ERFA - Hope he isn't re-signed for starter $. I just don't think he will every be a consistent starter. Wouldn't mind if he is signed for the minimum or something cheap like that. I would rather give money to him than Gandy, though. Re-signed.
Shelton, Daimon FB UFA - "The Rock" is a great blocker, not a good reciever. Who cares, we don't need him to catch the ball. Re-signed.
Thomas, Anthony RB UFA - A horse who played well in spot duty. I really think that someone will overpay for him as he is a UFA. Not-resigned.
Thomas, Kiwaukee CB UFA - Where are your hands? Not resigned.
Williams, Shaud RB RFA - Hope he isn't resigned. Too small and doesn't have good enough hands to be a 3DRB. Wouldn't mind if he got the minimum. Probably will be cut in camp. Re-signed.
Wire, Coy S UFA - Great special teamer obviously. Could have a future at LB? Re-signed.

My rough line next year:
Peters - FA (Steinbach/Dielman/Locklear) - Fowler - Draft (Blalock)/Preston/Villarreal - Pennington

My early wish list for the offseason:
1. MICHAEL TURNER
2. Eric Steinbach
3. Kris Dielman
4. Sean Locklear
5. London Fletcher
6. Chris Kelsay
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay

That's what everybody thought about Lamont Jordan of Oakland when he was second string behind Martin. It's a whole different story now that he's the feature back. Nothing is for sure about a second stringer.
Jordan doesn't even come close to the speed of Turner and doesn't run as violently. Also, Jordan produced last year behind a very mediocre offensive line. This year the line was even worse this year and he still managed to put up respectable stats. That's beside the point though, because you can't say since this happened to one guy, it will happen to another. Turner should be starting in this league. I guarantee that Turner is a Top 10 back in 2 years if he is given the opportunity to start.