Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile Bills off-season...

It has been a very interesting off-season for the Bills, first they sign Owens, then trade Peters, and then came the draft... Round one - Maybin, a situational pass rusher for now... Why not Oher?? Orakpo... I am not sold on, but I dont get passing on Oher, who the Ravens snatched up so fast after the Lions passed it was obsurd... Maybin makes me very nervous, one year wonder? He slowed down significantly as he put on weight in the off season, he could be great, or he could be horrible... Round 1A - Eric Wood, love the player, word is New England wanted him in the top of round 2... Nasty, intelligent, blue collar, and wether he plays gaurd or center a great pick up... Round 2 brought Jarius Byrd who will hopefully be the safety Ko "I am Ko Simpson Bee-atches" Simpson failed to be... A ball hawk at Oregon, timed speed is less than stellar, but he played faster in college, and his football speed is very good... Round 2A - Andy Levtre a tough, physical, technically sound player with "short arms" who was a tackle, and is gonna be a gaurd for the Bills... I love picking up Wood and Levitre to man the middle, but Butler was solid, and sliding him to right tackle, and walker to left might work out, but with Oher on the board, and the way the draft worked out, they could have Taken Oher first, Maybin (might have still been available) 1b, or Wood 1b, Everette Brown in the second, and still taken Levitre 2b after a trade... Love the pick up of Nelson in the 4th round, Harris in the 5th was a solid pick up, especially if he can add a little weight, the transition should not be that hard for him... The corners Harris, and Lankster were wasted picks, I would think with MeGee, KcKelvin, Youboty, Corner, Florence, and Fox we would be ok... Anyway, it should be an interesting year! I know there are Bills fans in here, just wanted to get some discussion going....
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I couldn't think of exactly who he reminded me of, but that's pretty spot on.
He should've worn the sleeveless Bills shirt to the presser. I would've found a way to get his jersey immediately. My favorite pick from our draft.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
It has been a very interesting off-season for the Bills, first they sign Owens, then trade Peters, and then came the draft... Round one - Maybin, a situational pass rusher for now... Why not Oher?? Orakpo... I am not sold on, but I dont get passing on Oher, who the Ravens snatched up so fast after the Lions passed it was obsurd... Maybin makes me very nervous, one year wonder? He slowed down significantly as he put on weight in the off season, he could be great, or he could be horrible... Round 1A - Eric Wood, love the player, word is New England wanted him in the top of round 2... Nasty, intelligent, blue collar, and wether he plays gaurd or center a great pick up... Round 2 brought Jarius Byrd who will hopefully be the safety Ko "I am Ko Simpson Bee-atches" Simpson failed to be... A ball hawk at Oregon, timed speed is less than stellar, but he played faster in college, and his football speed is very good... Round 2A - Andy Levtre a tough, physical, technically sound player with "short arms" who was a tackle, and is gonna be a gaurd for the Bills... I love picking up Wood and Levitre to man the middle, but Butler was solid, and sliding him to right tackle, and walker to left might work out, but with Oher on the board, and the way the draft worked out, they could have Taken Oher first, Maybin (might have still been available) 1b, or Wood 1b, Everette Brown in the second, and still taken Levitre 2b after a trade... Love the pick up of Nelson in the 4th round, Harris in the 5th was a solid pick up, especially if he can add a little weight, the transition should not be that hard for him... The corners Harris, and Lankster were wasted picks, I would think with MeGee, KcKelvin, Youboty, Corner, Florence, and Fox we would be ok... Anyway, it should be an interesting year! I know there are Bills fans in here, just wanted to get some discussion going....
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same on all of those points. Rounds 5-7 I'm iffy on as a whole, although I do like Cary. I'm actually iffy on our whole defensive draft. I wouldn't have minded one corner but two was too much for me. We're still not sure who is even safe on the roster outside of McGee and McKelvin, but I had other ideas into round 7.
Wood is fantastic and Levitre should be good, even if he doesn't crack the starting lineup immediately.
Nelson in the 4th was good. Still no blocking TE, though. At least we have Cory McIntyre :(
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Nelson in the 4th was good. Still no blocking TE, though. At least we have Cory McIntyre :(
We're just waiting on Gresham, thats all. Let's just hope we're trading down to get him.

or Mays.. Berry.... Dunlap....

B)
Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
We're just waiting on Gresham, thats all. Let's just hope we're trading down to get him.

or Mays.. Berry.... Dunlap....

B)
Im thinking byrd is gonna move to FS so no we seem set there with him and Whitner. I do love me some Berry tho.......
Old 05-01-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Im thinking byrd is gonna move to FS so no we seem set there with him and Whitner. I do love me some Berry tho.......
ooo Eric Berry, I like. So many players I want next year, Eric Decker, Eric Berry, Naaman Roosevelt (oooo Naaaammaaaannnn), Vince Oghobaase, Rob Gronkowski

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
ooo Eric Berry, I like. So many players I want next year, Eric Decker, Eric Berry, Naaman Roosevelt (oooo Naaaammaaaannnn), Vince Oghobaase, Rob Gronkowski
Gerald F*****G McCoy! I can't wait for next year!

Anyway. Something current.

Joel Bell. OT from Furman -- Im pretty glad we were able to pick this guy up. Not really anything to be too excited about but I think he has a good chance of making the team ps at the very least. Really good size with not that many negatives on his bio. Interesting...
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Gerald F*****G McCoy! I can't wait for next year!

Anyway. Something current.

Joel Bell. OT from Furman -- Im pretty glad we were able to pick this guy up. Not really anything to be too excited about but I think he has a good chance of making the team ps at the very least. Really good size with not that many negatives on his bio. Interesting...
Anyone else predict twin Bells starting at tackle in two years?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Berry
Gronkowski
Naaman
Starks
**** it, grab Mike Newton, too

The perfect draft!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Datruth
Rookie

Datruth hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
solid draft......dont feel like writing too much right now, but it was a good effort. Nelson made it for me. I fully expect us to go after levi jones btw.

I am think the OL will shake out:

Levi Jones
Eric Wood
Geoff Hangartner
Brad Butler
Langston Walker

with Levitre for depth.
it would have to be Levitre at left guard if theis happened.

Levi Jones
Levitre
Eric Wood
Brad Butler
Langston Walker

Geoff Hangartner is a backup
Datruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Datruth
Rookie

Datruth hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Bills are startying to realize Whitner is a bust and he's on his way out.
Datruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datruth View Post
Bills are startying to realize Whitner is a bust and he's on his way out.
I don't think this is the case.
They are keeping Whitner at SS, with Byrd at FS.
If anything, they have realized that Wilson/Simpson are not the answer there.

I do however hope Whitner steps it up big time this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some pictures from the minicamp...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/photos/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:nfl,phot o,55cad251a7e9d2e81aec9161e7b5033f-getty-86246475rs017_buffalo_bills:1#photoViewer=urn%3Ane wsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Anfl%2Cpho to%2C6de62fe53b2d5a61a5573393bb64cefd-getty-86246475rs022_buffalo_bills%3A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Awesome

Old 05-02-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datruth View Post
it would have to be Levitre at left guard if theis happened.

Levi Jones
Levitre
Eric Wood
Brad Butler
Langston Walker

Geoff Hangartner is a backup
thats not what the bills are thinking. They actually really like him. So I dont see what your getting at there.

By the way: Bills are bringing back the no huddle! I think I saw it on the ESPN AFC east blog. Some good quotes from Sam Wyche praising it and saying we have the talent.........I tend to agree actually.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Culler Harper is in camp?

I'd like to see him make it to TC, but I guess he's looked pretty awful so far.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Culler Harper is in camp?

I'd like to see him make it to TC, but I guess he's looked pretty awful so far.
Really? I didn't see his name on any list. Whatever, competition for Matt Baker for the 3rd spot.

I really really want to see Travis McCall learn long snapping, would be a good fit

Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Really? I didn't see his name on any list. Whatever, competition for Matt Baker for the 3rd spot.

I really really want to see Travis McCall learn long snapping, would be a good fit
You mean 4th spot (aka slightest chance at the practice squad)

Edwards
Fitzpatrick
Hamdan
Old 05-02-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You mean 4th spot (aka slightest chance at the practice squad)

Edwards
Fitzpatrick
Hamdan
Ahh, Hamdan. How could I forget the sexy?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Rookie Numbers:

Aaron Maybin #58
Eric Wood #70
Jairus Byrd #31
Andy Levitre #67
Shawn Nelson #89
Nic Harris #49
Cary Harris #47
Ellis The Sex Lankster #46

Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Rookie Numbers:

Aaron Maybin #58
Eric Wood #70
Jairus Byrd #31
Andy Levitre #67
Shawn Nelson #89
Nic Harris #49
Cary Harris #47
Ellis The Sex Lankster #46
As team leader I declare this his official nickname.......any time his name is used, it must include his nickname or I will edit it to make it so :)
Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As team leader I declare this his official nickname.......any time his name is used, it must include his nickname or I will edit it to make it so :)
I am 100% in support of this motion

Old 05-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this was an absolutely terrible offseason for the Bills.

Pick up a malcontent WR for a year
Lose a top 5 Left Tackle
Let Nickle/#2 CB go
--
Pick up no one on defense
Draft interior OL

The only thing we did that I liked was draft Shawn Nelson. I'll take him in the 4th over Pettigrew in the 1st. I wish we picked up Oher with #11 though. We'd be looking damn fine for the future with this:

Oher/Walker - Wood - Hangartner - Levitre - Walker/Oher

Thats 3 talented young linemen for the future. I really like the Wood pick, not going to lie about that. Hes going to be a beast I think. We really didn't improve this offseason though, the only place we improved was at tight-end and receiver, and the receiver will only be around for a year and could **** things up while hes around. We'll be 6-10 to 9-7 next year. We should do better in the division though.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I think this was an absolutely terrible offseason for the Bills.

Pick up a malcontent WR for a year
Lose a top 5 Left Tackle
Let Nickle/#2 CB go
--
Pick up no one on defense
Draft interior OL

The only thing we did that I liked was draft Shawn Nelson. I'll take him in the 4th over Pettigrew in the 1st. I wish we picked up Oher with #11 though. We'd be looking damn fine for the future with this:

Oher/Walker - Wood - Hangartner - Levitre - Walker/Oher

Thats 3 talented young linemen for the future. I really like the Wood pick, not going to lie about that. Hes going to be a beast I think. We really didn't improve this offseason though, the only place we improved was at tight-end and receiver, and the receiver will only be around for a year and could **** things up while hes around. We'll be 6-10 to 9-7 next year. We should do better in the division though.
So you would have taken Oher-Wood-Levitre with 3 of our first 4? Thats a bit of overkill imo......we were in DESPERATE need of a pass rusher.

And we drafted "The Sex" so it was an auto epic win.