Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 05-08-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I'm really impressed with Maybin as a person and his first step but my expectations are low for him. He is after all a defensive end and rookie defensive ends just don't have a significant impact year one. His speed will eventually be negated when teams see what he does and scheme against it. It will be his ability to develop inside moves to keep OL off balance is what will truly make him an excellent pass rusher. If he can develop it quickly as a rookie, he will have a significant impact year one. Coaching will have to put him in the right places at the right time since he is in a 4-3, and not an OLB in a 3-4. If he and Schobel are in at the same time, the edges are exposed for rushes.

I do not like that Ellis, if he does not emerge, is a wasted third rounder. Right now the RDE is three deep with Maybin, Schobel and Ellis. If Ellis can develop into at least the back-up to Maybin making Schobel and his contract expendable, great.

What I like about the 2010 draft is that there are DEs and DTs that are stout and can rush the passer (Dunlap, Everson, Hardy, Griffen etc.), therefore Buffalo should target a LDE in the draft next year to finally replace Kelsay (and his contract) and Denney who is a free agent. Johnson can be the depth and/or transition.

Furthermore, it's not like Buffalo plays in a controlled environment (like a dome). Speed in games like the one in Cleveland two years ago or the last game against the Patriots in the Wind Bowl gets negated when teams don't throw and pound the ball. Buffalo plays games, and if fortunate enough to make the playoffs, play games in inclement weather. Speed and quickness combined with technique and stoutness is what is ideal for a defensive end in Buffalo.
I'll cry if Buffalo ever parts ways with Schobel in favor of Maybin or Chris Ellis
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really impressed with Maybin as a person and his first step but my expectations are low for him. He is after all a defensive end and rookie defensive ends just don't have a significant impact year one. His speed will eventually be negated when teams see what he does and scheme against it. It will be his ability to develop inside moves to keep OL off balance is what will truly make him an excellent pass rusher. If he can develop it quickly as a rookie, he will have a significant impact year one. Coaching will have to put him in the right places at the right time since he is in a 4-3, and not an OLB in a 3-4. If he and Schobel are in at the same time, the edges are exposed for rushes.

I do not like that Ellis, if he does not emerge, is a wasted third rounder. Right now the RDE is three deep with Maybin, Schobel and Ellis. If Ellis can develop into at least the back-up to Maybin making Schobel and his contract expendable, great.

What I like about the 2010 draft is that there are DEs and DTs that are stout and can rush the passer (Dunlap, Griffen, Hardy, Graham etc.), therefore Buffalo should target a LDE in the draft next year to finally replace Kelsay (and his contract) and Denney who is a free agent. Johnson can be the depth and/or transition.

Furthermore, it's not like Buffalo plays in a controlled environment (like a dome). Speed in games like the one in Cleveland two years ago or the last game against the Patriots in the Wind Bowl gets negated when teams don't throw and pound the ball. Buffalo plays games, and if fortunate enough to make the playoffs, play games in inclement weather. Speed and quickness combined with technique and stoutness is what is ideal for a defensive end in Buffalo.
Bolded section 1: I think that is obvious. The coaching staff knows he is a liability against the run and will need to be deployed creatively to make an impact this year. If the coaches don't know this they have no business being in football at any level.

Section 2: Schobel needs a big year imo. He needs to stay healthy and get consistent pressure on the QB. He has been underrated for a long time, but I think the reason a pass rusher was viewed as such a critical need was because the Bills have some doubts about Schobel ever being as effective as he once was. I dont think those concerns are unwarranted, this is a big year for Aaron.

Section 3: I wouldnt mind another DE at all. If any of you have read my philosophy on defense....I am all about rushing the QB. Especially with the playmakers we have in the secondary, it is critical we make QB's start forcing some throws. Whenever McKelvin or McGee has it, something good happens. With Byrd who has pretty good ballhawking skill at FS (potentially) we need that rush to be there to maximize our secondaries talent.

Section 4: That is really the case everywhere....its just hard to find a guy that is a beast against the run and can still get after the QB (maybe Rak was that guy, but obviously the Bills scouts didnt think so or he would have been the pick). It has nothing to do with the weather. I guess you could make an argument that the run game is more critical in Buffalo, but I dont really buy it. Of course you will get the occasional game where you cant throw it, but they are few and far between. I may even make the case that speed is more critical in games like that because one play can be the difference when there is such little scoring. I see your point here, dont get me wrong, I just think you are over-compensating for Buffalo weather especially considering half of our games are away anyway and most Buffalo games are played in fine conditions anyway.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Biscuit
Rookie

Biscuit hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Bolded section 1: I think that is obvious. The coaching staff knows he is a liability against the run and will need to be deployed creatively to make an impact this year. If the coaches don't know this they have no business being in football at any level.
How creatively Maybin will deployed is the question since Buffalo runs a 4-3. We will also ignore the argument whether a rotational DE deserves the 11 pick overall in a draft. If they plan to confuse opponents with more zone blitz then maybe. They can employ the creep with him, but again his speed will be mitigated until he shows he can go inside. I can't see him at his current weight successfully stunting inside without getting washed out if engaged. You can be more creative with him in a 3-4 ... the 4-3 unfortunately limits the opportunities to hide him (that and Fewell is the Bills D coach which in itself is a handicap ... but digress).

Quote:
Section 4: That is really the case everywhere....its just hard to find a guy that is a beast against the run and can still get after the QB (maybe Rak was that guy, but obviously the Bills scouts didnt think so or he would have been the pick). It has nothing to do with the weather. I guess you could make an argument that the run game is more critical in Buffalo, but I dont really buy it. Of course you will get the occasional game where you cant throw it, but they are few and far between. I may even make the case that speed is more critical in games like that because one play can be the difference when there is such little scoring. I see your point here, dont get me wrong, I just think you are over-compensating for Buffalo weather especially considering half of our games are away anyway and most Buffalo games are played in fine conditions anyway.
The team I primarily had in mind when I wrote that is Indy. Indy does not necessarily need stoutness on the edge because of the speed they can bring eight games a season on a fast track inside a dome. Teams in the south also benefit. In Buffalo, a lot has to do with the weather, because as you note, at minimum an "occasional game" will get affected by it. In a 16 game season, occasional, inclement weather games will have an impact on the entire season. The Bills play in a division in the North East. Home playoff games will also be affected by this weather, which should be the goal of this team. Makes no sense to build a team strictly on speed which can mitigated by the occasional and inevitable forces they have no control over.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, we're still relatively deep at DE. Copeland Bryan is only 25 and he impressed me a lot as a backup last year. Of course add in Denney to the mix and Gerald Washington and that's great depth.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Rob, we're still relatively deep at DE. Copeland Bryan is only 25 and he impressed me a lot as a backup last year. Of course add in Denney to the mix and Gerald Washington and that's great depth.
I like the depth, no argument there. However, I feel that DE is probably the most important position on defense (run-stuffing DT is huge too). Having 2 studs at DE is a absolutely awesome......I dont think we even have one sure fire stud right now with Maybin and Schobel both question marks imo. So, thats why I wouldnt mind DE......we have the quantity, but I'm not sold on the quality (mainly due to the importance of the position and my severe doubts about aaron).

On the defensive side of the ball I just really believe the trenches can do the work for you. LBers are a dime a dozen in the 4-3 and are incredibly overrated. Secondary play, imo, hinges a great deal on the pressure generated on the QB by the DL. You can make an average secondary look great when a QB is forcing throws ESPECIALLY when you dont need to rush a LBer and can drop them into coverage. With our already pretty damn good secondary, we could be making big plays every game. Thats really the reason I would be fine with either a DE or a DT next year.....I think a stud on the DL does more for you than any other position and can really improve all aspects of your D without even directly upgrading. Sure there are coverage sack and what not, but games arent won in the secondary most of the time......
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How creatively Maybin will deployed is the question since Buffalo runs a 4-3. We will also ignore the argument whether a rotational DE deserves the 11 pick overall in a draft. If they plan to confuse opponents with more zone blitz then maybe. They can employ the creep with him, but again his speed will be mitigated until he shows he can go inside. I can't see him at his current weight successfully stunting inside without getting washed out if engaged. You can be more creative with him in a 3-4 ... the 4-3 unfortunately limits the opportunities to hide him (that and Fewell is the Bills D coach which in itself is a handicap ... but digress).
It certainly does.....like you said, zone blitz seems to be the best way to attack it. We just have to wait and see. The only thing I wanted to point out was that there is no way the Bills took him without knowing he is going to have to be used differently than a normal DE (at least for his first year). Also, his weight actually isnt that far off some other starting DE's, so he at least has a shot :)

Quote:
The team I primarily had in mind when I wrote that is Indy. Indy does not necessarily need stoutness on the edge because of the speed they can bring eight games a season on a fast track inside a dome. Teams in the south also benefit. In Buffalo, a lot has to do with the weather, because as you note, at minimum an "occasional game" will get affected by it. In a 16 game season, occasional, inclement weather games will have an impact on the entire season. The Bills play in a division in the North East. Home playoff games will also be affected by this weather, which should be the goal of this team. Makes no sense to build a team strictly on speed which can mitigated by the occasional and inevitable forces they have no control over.
I figured you meant Indy.....they are certainly a special case tho......AND their players are special. Would you turn down Freeny just because his game is predicated on speed, of course not. I mean, I see the point you are making here and it is true that dome teams and warm weather teams can use speed more effectively, but a good speed rusher is invaluable for any team regardless of weather or any other factor you can think of. And we arent the Oakland Raiders here......our team isnt all speed. I dont think we are building it that way. I think we just wanted a pass rusher and as a pure pass rusher, Maybin was probably the best in the draft (I would have taken Rak, but he isnt more talented at rushing the QB)
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't just a 4-3 team, we are a Cover 2, 4-3 team and DE's who can rush the passer are an absolute necessity if the Cover 2 defense is to work.
Cover 2 teams rarely blitz and depend almost solely on their front 4 to pressure the QB. If the front 4 in a Cover 2 defense cannot apply pressure on its own, the defense will stink because most NFL QB's will pick apart a zone defense if they have time. A Cover 2 team tries to limit the pass and sacrifices a little against the run. The last 2 Super Bowl winners used a lot of Cover 2 during their SB victories to limit both NE's and Arizona's passing attack even though it isn't their normal defense.
I believe Jauron realizes this and was simply forced to try and find a DE who could get the job done. As for the Cover 2 favouring southern or dome teams, Chicago used it to get to the SB and they aren't southern or playing in a dome. Jauron coached extensively in the NFC North Division and that is why he switched to a Cover 2 for Buffalo.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
We aren't just a 4-3 team, we are a Cover 2, 4-3 team and DE's who can rush the passer are an absolute necessity if the Cover 2 defense is to work.
Cover 2 teams rarely blitz and depend almost solely on their front 4 to pressure the QB. If the front 4 in a Cover 2 defense cannot apply pressure on its own, the defense will stink because most NFL QB's will pick apart a zone defense if they have time. A Cover 2 team tries to limit the pass and sacrifices a little against the run. The last 2 Super Bowl winners used a lot of Cover 2 during their SB victories to limit both NE's and Arizona's passing attack even though it isn't their normal defense.
I believe Jauron realizes this and was simply forced to try and find a DE who could get the job done. As for the Cover 2 favouring southern or dome teams, Chicago used it to get to the SB and they aren't southern or playing in a dome. Jauron coached extensively in the NFC North Division and that is why he switched to a Cover 2 for Buffalo.
I dont think he was saying the cover 2 favored dome teams. I think he was just saying that a speed rusher (ie:Maybin, Freeny types) are more effective in better climates than Buffalo.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Biscuit
Rookie

Biscuit hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The Bills tried implementing the Tampa-2, under Jauron and Fewell (who came from Chicago) in 2006, this is Jauron's and Fewell's pedigree. The Bills have migrated away from the Tampa-2 in 2006 because they did not have the personnel, to a Cover-2 scheme in 2007. Since the Bills MLBs could not cover the larger zones and given those defenses were miserable against the Pats, with no success, the Bills have again moved away from it to a standard base 4-3 with nickle coverage. The Bills also show 8 in the box fronts with Whitner who also has the ability to play the slot, as a result, the Cover-2 is difficult to run in such a front. Do the Bills play some cover two, namely a shell off man, yes, of course they do, all teams run a variation of the Cover-2, but this defense is not their base.

The Tampa-2 and Cover-2 (to a lesser extent) values speed and quickness and not stoutness out of the front four. The Bills play December games where the elements come into play (see the last Pats game). Speed off the edge in those games are mitigated because in those games, teams pound the ball running and don't throw. Hence the recent success of teams like Indy (dome) and Tampa (warm climate) for running the Tampa-2. Indy had to move completely away from the Cover-2 to mitigate the exposure they had in their run defense in order to win a Super Bowl.

The Giants did not run a Cover-2 to win their Super Bowl against the Pats. What the Giants, and what the Titans run is a standard 4-3. The Giants will use the blitz more but the Titans, who will play a lot of man-to-man and don't blitz as often, both rely on the front four to pressure the QB through stunts and twists. The Bills use a base 4-3, but since they can not pressure with their front four they needed to back it up with a lot of nickle. Hence the Bills draft in 2008 and 2009. In both drafts, they drafted three DBs each. They want to move to man, and McKelvin has the traits to do so. The Bills just can't generate a pass rush from the front 4 and therefore need to play nickle to hold the fort.

If you still think that the Bills run a Cover-2 base then explain the Bills recent player transactions:

- Kawika Mitchell at WLB? Kawika is not a WLB in a Cover-2/Tampa-2, he is more stout then quick. He is much larger then what is required for the spot and is a member of the same Giants Super Bowl team that beat the Pats. Keith Ellison, who has the build to be that Tampa-2/Cover-2 WLB, plays the strong side and is invisible most of the time because he is replaced with a DB due to all the nickle the Bills play.

- Marcus Stroud at LDT? Stroud is not a your prototypical Cover-2 DT and is more in the mould of what the Giants and Titans like in theirs. Stroud is stout, can penetrate but the Bills do misuse him by playing him on the nose straight on the guard. Also, the Bills do not rotate their DTs as often as they have in the past, a trait of the Tampa-2, in order to keep them fresh.

- Spencer Johnson? Johnson's skill set allows him to lineup at DT and DE depending upon the personnel groupings. He's used a little like Justin Tuck, he can move in and out along the line, although with little effect.

- Paul Posluszny? Is Paul Posluszny really a Cover-2 MLB?

- Leodis McKelvin? Again, he is a cover corner and not a zone. Why take him at #11 if the Bills run a Cover-2 since what is asked of these corners is primarily zone coverage. That style of defense should never warrant such a high pick CB, look at the traditional "Tampa-2" teams and see how often they selected DBs with such a high pick. Also, why draft so many CBs if your base is Cover-2? You need a lot of corners if you run nickle and/or dime a lot, that's why.

Furthermore, Chris Ellis in the 3rd is a longer and larger DE who can add weight. There were better rush OLBs who could play DE in the Tampa-2 still on the board in 2008 and instead they went with Ellis (ie. Cliff Avril who went to the Lions).

Now Maybin does fit the mould of what is expected from having a quicker and less stout DE, which makes me curious to see how the team uses him. Maybin is not a three down player, yet.

What the Giants and Titans want is for their DEs to be athletic, heavy and long enough to attack the inside B and twist and stunt the A Gaps, not just rush the edge. They want their DEs to play the 1 alignment and control the B gap. The Bills should be moving to this defense.

The Bills could still be using Cover-2 as their base, their personnel moves last year make little sense then. If they have been using a Cover-2 strictly for the last four years, with a corresponding 0-8 record against the Pats, then I am not sure what is worse ... Playing a defense with players who do not fit the scheme or employing a defense that goes 0-8 against the team that dominates your division?

Last edited by Biscuit : 05-10-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
espfootball92
Rookie

espfootball92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think about Pisa Tinoisamoa coming in for a visit Wednesday?

I think he would be a great addition to our LB core. He is a tackling machine and is familiar with our system. Anyone else jumping on the Tinoisamoa bandwagon with me?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espfootball92 View Post
What do you guys think about Pisa Tinoisamoa coming in for a visit Wednesday?

I think he would be a great addition to our LB core. He is a tackling machine and is familiar with our system. Anyone else jumping on the Tinoisamoa bandwagon with me?
I think he will be a great addition. I don't think Bowen nor Harris is ready yet to play LOLB, and we all know Ellison sucked last year. It would be a great signing.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Good signing depending on the money. He is overrated.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's definitely overrated, but he did lead the Rams in tackles last year. When are we going to ******* bring Levi Jones in?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Yeah, he's definitely overrated, but he did lead the Rams in tackles last year. When are we going to ******* bring Levi Jones in?

espn.com
Levi looking for perfect fit
Monday, May 11, 2009 | Print Entry

Levi Jones might be considered the top offensive tackle available on the market, but it might take until June or July before he finds a job. The former Cincinnati Bengals left tackle has had numerous phone calls but isn't scheduled to make many visits. The biggest surprise is that the Buffalo Bills haven't called. Apparently, after reshuffling the offensive line and adding two rookie guards to start, the Bills don't want to make any more changes to their line at this time.

Looks like it may not happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
espn.com

Levi Jones might be considered the top offensive tackle available on the market, but it might take until June or July before he finds a job. The former Cincinnati Bengals left tackle has had numerous phone calls but isn't scheduled to make many visits. The biggest surprise is that the Buffalo Bills haven't called. Apparently, after reshuffling the offensive line and adding two rookie guards to start, the Bills don't want to make any more changes to their line at this time.

Looks like it may not happen...
That's totally gay

Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Levi should be our top priority right now. I agree Fisch, gay.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pisa would be an upgrade that I would gladly welcome. I doubt the money would be too bad. Chances are he ends up continuing our trend of starting LB going on IR, but I'd still like for us to sign him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Jackson signed an extension today! Hoooooooooraaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-year extension.
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...ear_extension/

nice move. Hmmm Marsh Marsh ? hmmm
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

BOE appearance! YAY!

Freddy Jax FTW.......hopefully the idea is a 1-2 punch waith him and Beast Mode long term because if they are planning on making Freddy the #1, I dont think he is a feature guy.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
BOE appearance! YAY!

Freddy Jax FTW.......hopefully the idea is a 1-2 punch waith him and Beast Mode long term because if they are planning on making Freddy the #1, I dont think he is a feature guy.

Why would they want to make Freddy the #1 guy?

btw, how did the Giants split carries between Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw?
I'm wondering how the Bills are planning on doing this with Lynch/Jackson/Rhodes

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
espn.com

Interesting. I think a situation like Buffalo is where he'd do good. I do like Langston Walker, though, especially in the AFC East where the pass rush is honestly kind of weak. He's admittedly a better fit on the right side, but he was probably Buffalo's best lineman last year. Joey Porter is probably the only outside pass rusher that makes a huge impact on games at this point. Richard Seymour was able to pick up eight sacks last year though and Adalius Thomas is great when healthy/used corectly.

Anyways, anyone going to Bills training camp this year? I have an old friend who lives in Rochester, NY, so we end up going, and I'll be going this year as well. It's just convenient to visit him that time of year so we have something fun and memorable to do. Last year I was able to meet/get autographs from a bunch of the younger players on the team. Maybe if anyone else is going we could have a little NFLDC meetup or something at the camp.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Interesting. I think a situation like Buffalo is where he'd do good. I do like Langston Walker, though, especially in the AFC East where the pass rush is honestly kind of weak. He's admittedly a better fit on the right side, but he was probably Buffalo's best lineman last year. Joey Porter is probably the only outside pass rusher that makes a huge impact on games at this point. Richard Seymour was able to pick up eight sacks last year though and Adalius Thomas is great when healthy/used corectly.

Anyways, anyone going to Bills training camp this year? I have an old friend who lives in Rochester, NY, so we end up going, and I'll be going this year as well. It's just convenient to visit him that time of year so we have something fun and memorable to do. Last year I was able to meet/get autographs from a bunch of the younger players on the team. Maybe if anyone else is going we could have a little NFLDC meetup or something at the camp.
I like Walker on the right side. He's not quick enough IMO to do well on the left side.

And I am planning on heading out to training camp. Just not the first day because that is when everyone is going to go out there to see TO.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Why would they want to make Freddy the #1 guy?

btw, how did the Giants split carries between Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw?
I'm wondering how the Bills are planning on doing this with Lynch/Jackson/Rhodes
I don't see the Bills ever looking to Freddy as their #1. I think they'll be content to keep both guys around and run a split.

Rhodes has been a solid back, but he doesn't offer the same sort of impact that a guy like Bradshaw does against a worn out defense. I don't see it being a similar situation. He was brought in to serve as a solid #2 during the suspension and provide stable depth the rest of the way. He'll get some time, he deserves it, but not quite that involved.