Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I like your optimism but IMO, it is unrealistic to think we will replace Dockery and Peters without missing a beat. I believe Peters year reflected the fact that Wilson refused to pay him what he deserved and the knowledge that he wouldn't likely be with the team next year. Thinking a rookie like Levitre will just step in and be as effective as Dockery is just wishful thinking IMO.
Brooks is just a shell of the player he once was, he's near the end and nobody is rushing to sign him. His experience might help but don't expect him to play at a star level, those days are long gone for him.
Walker is at best an average LT who will have fits trying to stop faster, quicker and smaller DE's. Edwards will be running for his life and a rookie like Levitre will really struggle if his LT cannot help him one iota.
The OL IMO will be below average overall and that is with no injuries. This is going to shutdown both our running attack and our passing attack no matter how good our RB's and WR's are.
The defense may be solid although top 10 is a stretch. However if our offense struggles, the defense will find itself on the field most of the game and under that kind of pressure, could crack and give up a lot of points.
I realistically think 6 wins is tops with 4 or 5 quite possible.
Replacing the real (2007) Jason Peters is completely unrealistic, however Peters was really horrible last year, and in replacing the 2008 Peters the only way to go down is with Kirk Chambers, other than that the production can really only go up... There were times last year where I thought that it was Kirk Chambers playing left tackle for us. I will contend with anyone that Dockery did nothing more last year than go through the motions, nothing special, my observation was that he played with about the same intensity and enthusiasm as Peters. Wish I could remember where I read it but someone did some study on offensive linemen and there ability to get a push (something to that affect) and our left side of the line was in the bottom of the list, mind you thats Dockery (the highest paid linemen in bills history) and Peters (I want to be the highest paid linemen in league history, while giving up 11.5 sacks). To me the only way things get worse is through injuries and Kirk Chambers starting... Can Levitre replace Dockery? I can not say with certainty that he will immediately, but last year Dockery like Peters was not that good!! Our interior offensive line as a whole was not good either. I agree about Walker completely, he is a stop gap, average true enough... Levitre struggling I can see to, but he was an AP second team all-american at tackle behind Andre Smith and Michael Oher, so its not like he is some slouch... Oregon States offense when he played constantly improved the more he played, and from what I have read, much of it was attributed to him, including him neutralizing almost all the competition... One injury and I completely agree that the o-line becomes below average, I would say average now, with a chance to become above average with the right circumstances. I would completely agree that they are the key to the offense, and this hurry up they are installing is really designed to mask the offensive lines flaws, which true enough could shutdown the offense completely, which would be a shame, because this might actually be the best offense Buffalo has seen in a good 8 years, in terms of skill position players. Offensive line is always the key, and you are right that no matter how good our QB's, RB's, TE's, or WR's are without an offensive line it does not matter.
As for Brooks, clearly his better days are a thing of the past, just look at his production last year, its the leadership, his film room study (which if you have never heard him speak about, find it and watch, listen and be impressed), which might be more impressive than his resume. Its his IQ that I think would help the young guys now and in the future, and presence that I think would be a tremendous asset to this team... New England does not bring in Rodney Harrison, Fred Taylor, Shawn Springs, Junior Seau types to be the man, football IQ, and support... I was at the last game Buffalo beat New England in Buffalo, right after the signning of Milloy, sitting in the corner end zone where Clements made the best interception I have ever seen in person... That game we had vetern leadership, young talent mixed with guys with strong football IQ's. Since then we have not really had that influence on the team to help support the younger players, and New England has been Boy George-ing us ever since...
As for the defense being top ten, yeah the pieces would have to come together in order for that to happen, and I dont think it will happen, but I see the possibility should things come together. Your point about the possibilty of the defense being on the field and cracking is dually noted, with a strong possibilty of happening. Like I said, 4 or 5 wins could easily be the final tally, should (small possibility) things come together, I could see as many as 11 wins. Optimism as a Bills fans is all I have left.
Side note, I was 15 when Bill Polian was fired, to this day, that is the sadest moment in this Franchises history, I remember him saying something to the affect that we would never see a team like those superbowl teams again, how right he was. We have never seen a team like that again in Buffalo, how funny that that offense in particular now resides in Indianapolis...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Does anyone know when the Bills Training camp starts up at St. John Fisher College? I went there back 2004 and got a bunch of Autographs, So I'm hoping to get back up there now and get some more.
Starts July 25th, just released today.

Gerald Washington, Joel Bell, Blake Costanzo, and Kyle Ward were all waived :/
So was John Faletoese.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New throwbacks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Starts July 25th, just released today.

Gerald Washington, Joel Bell, Blake Costanzo, and Kyle Ward were all waived :/
So was John Faletoese.
Blake?! Really?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, it's insanity!

I won't get too upset with Moorman on the page, but I just don't get this.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I know, it's insanity!

I won't get too upset with Moorman on the page, but I just don't get this.
Absolutely heinous

Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Garrison Sanborn wears #69. I think it's time for a new jersey!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its early, but any prediction on the bills record this year? I have a feeling we will have a wide spectrum based on some of the comments.

I am not as down on the team as some people seem to be, but I am not overly optimistic either. I think the defense will be at around around the same level it was last year as I cant yet fully trust Schobel to be fully healthy, there is some upside with this group tho. Offense is perplexing. I love a lot of things. I love the WR core, I love the RB depth, I like Trent with these weapons, but the OL is a major question mark. I will go middle of the road and say we will be about the same as last year again with major upside if the OL gels.

So, I will say 8-8 if forced to make a prediction.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't like to put too much weight into the schedule before the season, but it's flat out getting a lot harder. I'd love to see this offense click and do well, it would be a good sight for any football fan. But there isn't a person out there who knows what to expect from this line, and looking over it, it's easier to foresee trouble. I'll take the easy way out and say 7-9. But those are going to be tough wins. Our defense will need to be very good for itself and the line can't be among the worst in the league for us to be sniffing the playoffs.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, the likelihood of the OL gelling seems like wishful thinking. While I like the rest of the team, the weakness of the OL is going to cost them dearly and I'd guess 5 or 6 wins is tops.
Put Peters on this team in a happy mood because Wilson had paid him what a top LT commands in this league and if Edwards had a breakout season we all had hoped for, we would be a very serious playoff contender and maybe even a SB one as well. But IMO, it just isn't happening.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think Leodis McKelvin is going to explode sometime soon? I can forsee a Pro Bowl season either this year or next year......the man has serious talent and I bet he kills it playing next to McGee this year.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Anyone else think Leodis McKelvin is going to explode sometime soon? I can forsee a Pro Bowl season either this year or next year......the man has serious talent and I bet he kills it playing next to McGee this year.
Nope. I see a Sex and Corner awesome secondary in the future. McKelvin will be lucky to be a nickel back

Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Blake?! Really?
I'm glad. He was good for some ******** unnecessary roughness penalty on special teams every other game it seemed. Sure he made some tackles, but his penalties just kept on pissing me off.

I think this is going to be a rough year for the Bills. I've lost all faith in Edwards at this point. Shell shocked since the concussion and the MNF first quarter when he turned into captain check-down. We'll see though. He's got Owens and Lee so he better get out of this check-down ********.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I'm glad. He was good for some ******** unnecessary roughness penalty on special teams every other game it seemed. Sure he made some tackles, but his penalties just kept on pissing me off.

I think this is going to be a rough year for the Bills. I've lost all faith in Edwards at this point. Shell shocked since the concussion and the MNF first quarter when he turned into captain check-down. We'll see though. He's got Owens and Lee so he better get out of this check-down ********.
I think the no huddle could help him a lot........time will tell tho
Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Nope. I see a Sex and Corner awesome secondary in the future. McKelvin will be lucky to be a nickel back
I think we should move The Sex to both DE and QB.......seeing as he can play all 24 positions (K and P included) it would make sense to sure up those holes right now. Plus he never gets tired, so fatigue wont be a problem.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think we should move The Sex to both DE and QB.......seeing as he can play all 24 positions (K and P included) it would make sense to sure up those holes right now. Plus he never gets tired, so fatigue wont be a problem.
Oh he can do it, I'm sure. He's a machine. A sex machine

Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/0...-has-a-chance/

Chris Brown loves the Sex!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yes! It is going to be glorious when he makes the team. If he is on the team we need to go to Faddy's and spread The Sex.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Dick Lebaue (SP?) PIT DC really wanted him.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Thay's because LeBeau is an absolute defensive genius. I miss him, even if he was only with us briefly. The last time our defense was really good was when he was around. Him and TKO coming in together, how good did you feel about that defense? Impressive enough for him to rebound into a sweet gig where he greatly helped to bring two Super Bowl championships. Put him in the HOF already. "The Sex" will follow.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

LeBeau is the man.......forget TKO, just imagine LeBeau + Sex............imagine the possibilities!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBeau is the man.......forget TKO, just imagine LeBeau + Sex............imagine the possibilities!
Blasphemy!
How can you forget TKO and that humongoginormous neck of his?

I do not know of one Bills fan who did not like him.

Spikes was the man

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

nah I loved TKO, my sn on AIM was based around him for a while. Loved that guy.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a quick question for all the Bills fans here:

Is Leodis McKelvin going to be both the full-time kick returner and starting cornerback this year for you guys? And is there anyone that will threaten his touches/snaps at either spot?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Just a quick question for all the Bills fans here:

Is Leodis McKelvin going to be both the full-time kick returner and starting cornerback this year for you guys? And is there anyone that will threaten his touches/snaps at either spot?
McKelvin is going in as our #2 CB (behind McGee)
The coaching staff is going to say that it's an "open competition" but I don't see anyone beating him out for that.

I think McKelvin will continue to return kicks. The reasoning for this is that even when McGee became a starting CB, he still returned kicks. I don't see them changing it up at all. Especially considering McKelvin had one of the best return averages in the NFL.

Quote:
Quote: