Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so.... does our Strength and Conditioning coach get fired this weekend?

these past few years have been terrible, as far as injuries..

at least the offense looked like a real offense, even with that makeshift oline
Old 11-22-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we find out the severity of Wood's injury real soon.
I read that he is having surgery down in Jacksonville right now.

His career could be in jeopardy here :( Here's to hoping the operation goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills text

"OL Eric Wood has a fractured leg and will stay in JAX to have surgery."
Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a fractured tibia and fibula

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

link? text?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...aving-surgery/

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

man, lossing sucks but this is just horrible.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

from a Dr on another fourm

Quote:
From a medical standpoint, if that break is anywhere close to as serious as it looks, Wood's Tibula and Fibula might have to b shortened if they cannot be set. By the looks of the break, from an outside strike and by the fact that the shin bends at a near 90 degree angle, it may not be settable.
If they have to do that what is the down side? What if it isn't settable? etc. etc.

Quote:
That depends competely on the break. If the bone breaks into a bunch of little shards at the break, then the will do surgery by going in and securing the bone together by a plate, screw, etc and removing the bone matter. But if the break is messy and we are talking about 1-2 inches of destroyed bone, then the Fibula/Tibula wil have to be fabricated so that they can be secured together. There is way too many variables though to say anything. One thing I do know though, that a bad leg break is one of the most serious things you can have.
If the Fibula/Tibula have to be shortened, then walking will be hard, running harder, NFL football really hard. It would be like wearing one shoe.
What most people do when one leg is shortened is order special shoes that even them back out.
Wood is having surgery to re-set the bones. He’s expected back in Buffalo on Monday.

Quote:
Well it doesn't sound too bad, not career threatening. That was a scary looking break though. When the bones break like that, they basically turn into a bunch of shanks inside the leg. They can cut flesh, arteries, and viens, which makes internal bleeding a serious concern. If he is going to be in Buffalo monday then that means they can just set it and cast his entire leg. Looks good for Eric Wood.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Man, I really like Wood, he looked very good, hopefully he rebounds..

Btw, I think we're 6th overall now as far as the draft goes.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Man, I really like Wood, he looked very good, hopefully he rebounds..

Btw, I think we're 6th overall now as far as the draft goes.
Getting closer to Jimmy Clausen territory :)

But also getting too high for any of the OTs :(
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

#1 Need as of right now:
What say you?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the further we move up in the draft order, the more it affects our decision. If we stay around 6 or 7 I'd say we're a tad too high for any of the OTs as of now. However we may be to low to grab one of the quarterbacks. If that were the case I'd really want to get one of the DTs if we could
Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Masters of the 58 minute game we are.........

I wouldn't say that's too high for Okung, Kevin

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Masters of the 58 minute game we are.........

I wouldn't say that's too high for Okung, Kevin
I would because I think he's overrated
Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
so.... does our Strength and Conditioning coach get fired this weekend?

these past few years have been terrible, as far as injuries..

at least the offense looked like a real offense, even with that makeshift oline
He should, they have, amazingly enough they kept the team in the game along with the defense...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Future Hall of Famer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Well the further we move up in the draft order, the more it affects our decision. If we stay around 6 or 7 I'd say we're a tad too high for any of the OTs as of now. However we may be to low to grab one of the quarterbacks. If that were the case I'd really want to get one of the DTs if we could
True... Roland McClain can cover tight ends... Okung can pass protect, at six or seven would be a great pick up... Does anyone really believe that there is a elite quarterback prospect (Locker, accuracy/descision making can be iffy, Clausen is having a big year, but the golden domers are not, watching him play he has some suspect desicion making issue's, and Bradford's injured shoulder is his throwing shoulder, which did not have a ton of strength to start with) in this draft? This team can win with its current defense, not the current offense...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I saw this on the Bills' Message Board
Take it for what it's worth...
Quote:
Just got a text from his girlfriend.

His surgery was successful and he is now in recovery.

His agent told us that he looks to be out 8-9 months.

Will keep board posted when I hear some more news
(final post) http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=5171730

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=197491

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Wow, So he could be back around the start of the season.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm pulling for him, be sure to pray for Eric Wood.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Cowher told us to go **** ourselves
Old 11-24-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Does the signing of former 2nd round pick Brian Brohm make you reconsider the need for an early quarterback in the 2010 draft? For me it does. I'd rather invest the early choices on surrounding players that will help whover plays QB succeed.
If they bring in Shanahan, Brohm is worth giving a shot. That's the ideal system for Brohm, and he could turn out to be what many thought he was early on at Louisville. Brohm still has more potential than pretty much any 2010 draft-eligible quarterback. Also with Shanahan, the Bills instantly don't have to do much with their OL (or any of their offense at all, for that matter)... They can invest all of their major draft picks on defense.

I'd say they need to go with Suh, McCoy, or McClain.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills sign Kendall Simmons

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

we need to sign another O-Line guy.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

did ESPN run any of the Bills JAX highlights??????? I have yet to see one play of the game on nfl live or just espn. I have seen the DAL game and CLE game like 100 times.