Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Would you like to give every 6th round pick real playing time? He's a safety like Justin Jenkins is a wide receiver. The guy was a special teamer on our team and that was it. A very, very good one, yes. But nothing else. He's been here for 3 years, in which time George Wilson changed positions and fought his way up the depth chart. Wendling hasn't made anything as a safety and we're pretty set at the position even if we don't bring back Scott.

Exactly.
It's time we stop reserving roster spots for soley special-teamers.
Yes, we can have a few here and there, but Wendling and Jenkins did not contribute to this team in any way besides special teams.
We need players here who are good at special teams, but can still contribute on either offense/defense.
I'm pretty sure that Todd Johnson was ahead of Wendling on the depth chart, and that's after 3 years of Wendling being on this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.

Yeah, his and Jenkins' cuts were both surprising to me.
Like I said, there are a few players that you need to keep who are special teams aces.
I thought that Wendlind and Jenkins were those players for us.

Their physicals must have been pretty bad then.

I can't remember - were either of them on IR?

On a side note...

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Butler retires...fing great now a RT is a need.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just the best team to follow. The best.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Schobel goes too, omg what a ****** offseason start.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, looks like a LT is a lock to draft now
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Meredith at RT now? Thought he played well when he did play.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray for being a Bills fan!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Hooray for being a Bills fan!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
billsfootball15
Rookie

billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow i cant beleive butler retired

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
billsfootball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
well, looks like a LT is a lock to draft now
Sure does...

"Meredith at RT now? Thought he played well when he did play.

I did too, unbelievable about Butler....
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
wow i cant beleive butler retired
He'll regret it. He has the rest of his life to devote to that stuff and only a small window to play football in. Too bad.
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did McGee play this year? Is he still a legit #1 corner?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

good, yez .
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah McGee is a good player.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah McGee is a good player.
Not as good as Byrd but then again who the heck is.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

The Sex > George Wilson > Jairus Byrd > everyone

But McGee is still super.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Sex > George Wilson > Jairus Byrd > everyone

But McGee is still super.
The Sex is super-duper

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

on BB.com we are doing a fourm mock, I wanted to just have fun with it not act all no we want do this or that.

9 - Buffalo Bills - Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
35 - Buffalo Bills - (f/TB) - Sergio Kindle - DE/OLB - Texas
38 - Buffalo Bills (f/SDf/CLE) - Maurkice Pouncey - OL - Florida
60 - Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -
91. Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -

Trades:
Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #35
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Get: 2nd Round Pick #41 & WR/PR Roscoe Parrish

Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #38, 2nd Round Pick #60 & 3rd Round Pick #91
San Diego Chargers: 3rd Round Pick #72, DE/OLB Aaron Schobel & RB Marshawn Lynch

I am sure I'll get killed for the 3rd pick but think of the IOL, we'd be set for 10 years if Wood comes back. LG-Levitre, C-Pouncey, RG-Wood, nasty.

Last edited by redbills : 02-20-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I like Pouncey, although maybe I move Wood to C. That said, we need an OT. No question about it. I like all of the players.....a lot, but not coming out of this draft with tackle help in our first 3 picks is simply not an option imo.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:33 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

First off, Rolando McClain is NOT an elite prospect. I'm not sure why people are getting vacuumed into this hype machine that has encircled him, yes he made some plays at Alabama, but he isn't elite. He isn't on par with Patrick Willis or heck even Laurinaitis, Cushing or possibly even Matthews. What's the fascination? McClain is a mid 1st to early 2nd round prospect. If the same class from last year were in this year's draft, McClain would be a 2nd round pick.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Pouncey, although maybe I move Wood to C. That said, we need an OT. No question about it. I like all of the players.....a lot, but not coming out of this draft with tackle help in our first 3 picks is simply not an option imo.
Still have 2 pciks ; ), hope I can get Vellher (sp?) Plus no LT was worth any of my 2nd round picks. Also ya can't fix everything from one draft.

Round 1
1 - St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh - DT - Nebraska
2 - Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma
3 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Berry - S - Tennessee
4 - Washington Redskins - Russell Okung - OT - Oklahoma State
5 - Kansas City Chiefs - Anthony Davis - OT - Rutgers
6 - Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Clausen - QB - Notre Dame
7 - Cleveland Browns - Joe Haden - CB - Florida
8 - Oakland Raiders - Carlos Dunlap - DE - Florida
9 - Buffalo Bills - Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
10 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Derrick Morgan - DE - Georgia Tech
11 - Denver Broncos - (f/CHI) - Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
12 - Miami Dolphins - Dan Williams - DT - Tennessee
13 - San Francisco 49ers - C.J Spiller - RB - Clemson
14 - Seattle Seahawks - (f/DEN) - Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa
15 - New York Giants - Brian Price - DT - California at Los Angeles
16 - Tennessee Titans - Jason Pierre-Paul - DE/OLB - South Florida
17 - San Francisco 49ers - (f/CAR) - Trent Williams - OT -Oklahoma
18 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Earl Thomas - S - Texas
19 - Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State
20 - Houston Texans - Arthur Jones - DT - Syracuse
21 - Philadelphia Eagles - (f/CIN) - Everson Griffen - DE - Southern California
22 - New England Patriots - Brandon Graham - DE/OLB - Michigan
23 - Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown - OT - Southern California
24 - Cincinnati Bengals - (f/PHI) - Golden Tate - WR - Notre Dame
25 - Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Spikes - LB - Florida
26 - Arizona Cardinals - Bruce Campbell - OT - Maryland
27 - Dallas Cowboys - Mike Iupati - OG - Idaho
28 - Cleveland Browns - (f/SD) - Taylor Mays - S - Southern California
29 - New York Jets - Jerry Hughes - DE/OLB - Texas Christian
30 - Minnesota Vikings - Sam Bradford - QB - Oaklahoma
31 - Indianapolis Colts - Jared Odrick - DT - Penn State
32 - New Orleans Saints - Terrence Cody - DT - Alabama

Round 2
33 - St. Louis Rams - Sean Weatherspoon - LB - Missouri
34 - Detroit Lions - Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida State
35 - Buffalo Bills - (f/TB) - Sergio Kindle - DE/OLB - Texas
36 - Kansas City Chiefs - Cam Thomas - DT - North Carolina
37 - Washington Redskins - 10 pm MISSED
38 - Buffalo Bills (f/SDf/CLE) - Maurkice Pouncey - OL - Florida
39 - Oakland Raiders - Vladimir Ducasse - OL - Massachusetts
40 - Seattle Seahawks - Corey Wootton - DE - Northwestern
41 - Denver Broncos (f/TBf/BUF) - Alex Carrington - DE - Arkansas State

Last edited by redbills : 02-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
First off, Rolando McClain is NOT an elite prospect. I'm not sure why people are getting vacuumed into this hype machine that has encircled him, yes he made some plays at Alabama, but he isn't elite. He isn't on par with Patrick Willis or heck even Laurinaitis, Cushing or possibly even Matthews. What's the fascination? McClain is a mid 1st to early 2nd round prospect. If the same class from last year were in this year's draft, McClain would be a 2nd round pick.
I think he is, does he have great stright line speed? No, but he doesn't need that in the 34.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a dream last night that I wasted every Bills draft pick on food and then there was one left and the waiter said "Hey you didn't get a WR yet" and I was like wtf and thank god Naaman was still on the menu.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote