Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-03-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Timmons sounds awesome. I just differ with you because I think TKO will be a good player next year. I still prefer willis, but I would be happy with a Timmons pick.
I had read somewhere that Crowell could move to MLB...no source but I thought I heard that.
He was drafted as a MLB, pretty sure he played it for the Cav's in college as well.
i dont like shifting a young guy right after a great season, especially after a major injury and with him being so young.
I don't think he should switch positions either, I was just saying that he could if we needed him to. He wouldn't be as good inside probably.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He's another article on Timmons and some things I found interesting from it:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...l=tf-seminoles

Quote:
He smiles at the contradiction between Timmons' off-field demeanor and his on-field reputation as one of the team's nastiest hitters.

"You get him on the field," he said, "and he just turns it loose, goes crazy on you."

Quarterback Xavier Lee, Timmons' roommate and best friend since the two arrived on campus three years ago, calls it Timmons' "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" persona.

Quote:
"He ought to be a great senior player, a great leader," defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews said. "He's a guy who never said a word, but if you can get guys to play with the intensity and effort and ability that he has -- what a value to your team, for a young guy to see how you're supposed to play the game."
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I could definitely see Crowell moving to MLB if/when Fletcher leaves. Would we really start a rookie at MLB? I truly don't think we would.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
I could definitely see Crowell moving to MLB if/when Fletcher leaves. Would we really start a rookie at MLB? I truly don't think we would.
We wouldn't start a rookie mlb, how many rookie's started for us this year?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
How many rookie LB's started on opening day? That would be 0. Starting a rookie MLB for a team looking to make the playoffs is very, very rare.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How many rookie LB's started on opening day? That would be 0. Starting a rookie MLB for a team looking to make the playoffs is very, very rare.
Fact is that we started a bunch of rookie's this year and a lot weren't due to injury.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fact is that we started a bunch of rookie's this year and a lot weren't due to injury.
I understand that but I am very sure that we won't start a rookie MLB on opening day unless he has a hell of a camp. I mean a hell of a camp.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Jguarino24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Has Crowell ever played MLB? Why is everyone saying he'd move to another postion...his 2nd postion change in 2 years? I think they'd keep him at OLB and try and get Patrick Willis!!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posluszny's versatility would allow us to experiment at who we'd want to play at MLB if we don't just take Willis.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jguarino24
Has Crowell ever played MLB? Why is everyone saying he'd move to another postion...his 2nd postion change in 2 years? I think they'd keep him at OLB and try and get Patrick Willis!!
He played MLB for 4 years at Virginia.

By second position change what do you mean? Do you mean that when he filled in for Spikes when he got injured he played WILL and then when Spikes came back he played SAM?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Posluszny's versatility would allow us to experiment at who we'd want to play at MLB if we don't just take Willis.
As would Timmons', but the point still is, do you start a rookie MLB?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
As would Timmons', but the point still is, do you start a rookie MLB?
Eh. Rookie MLBs have had recent success. If you really want to have Crowell in the middle, then either way our OLB will be a combo of Spikes/Ellison/rookie (Poz or Timmons)
Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

By second position change what do you mean? Do you mean that when he filled in for Spikes when he got injured he played WILL and then when Spikes came back he played SAM?

I could be wrong but didnt he play Spikes postion last year and then this year he switched sides?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's a natural MLB...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I could be wrong but didnt he play Spikes postion last year and then this year he switched sides?
Lasy year spikes position was the weak side, possey was strong. This year people say spikes is strong, crowell is weak, but I don't put much into it.

If you watch the games they play more by sides than off the offensive package. Crowell/Ellison are the left, Spikes is the right.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Ok...I knew someone switched postions last year...It ended up being Spikes. sorry for the confusion
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB is actually not that hard for a rookie to play...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
NTERESTING COMMENTS FROM CROWELL: In talking with Angelo Crowell on his way out the door at One Bills Drive, I found his desire to become more of a leader on this team very interesting. He said he was tutored on how to lead by Spikes and Fletcher, and while I respect his desire to lead, I got the feeling from the way he was talking that he didn't expect one or possibly either of them to be here to lead.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, that's just the feeling I got and I could be right or I could be wrong.

This comment was the most intriguing to me when he referred to Spikes and Fletcher and their great leadership abilities.

"I think it’s time for me to break away and become a leader like those guys were. The opportunity has been given to me and I’m going into this offseason with that on my mind."

Someone has given him the opportunity to lead next season?

Very interesting
This was from Chris Brown, the Bills reporter...

very interesting.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown
NTERESTING COMMENTS FROM CROWELL: In talking with Angelo Crowell on his way out the door at One Bills Drive, I found his desire to become more of a leader on this team very interesting. He said he was tutored on how to lead by Spikes and Fletcher, and while I respect his desire to lead, I got the feeling from the way he was talking that he didn't expect one or possibly either of them to be here to lead.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, that's just the feeling I got and I could be right or I could be wrong.

This comment was the most intriguing to me when he referred to Spikes and Fletcher and their great leadership abilities.

"I think it’s time for me to break away and become a leader like those guys were. The opportunity has been given to me and I’m going into this offseason with that on my mind."

Very interesting

very interesting.
Interesting indeed.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Concerns me that they might get rid of 2 LB's a DE and a CB...this is a team rebuilding and we are losing way to much I think
Old 01-04-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

Very interesting

very interesting.
Hell ya, I love to hear stuff like this. He wants to step up and be the leader of our D. How can you not love the guy? He'll be going to a few Pro Bowls in his career if he can regain his form prior to his injury. This is obviously not a given, but I hope that his injury wasn't as serious as Spikes' was.

It is obvious that at least one of them (Fletcher and Spikes) won't be back. I don't think either will be. Crowell is going to be our MLB, I just have a feeling. Then Ellison at WLB and then a rookie (hopefully Timmons) at SLB.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Concerns me that they might get rid of 2 LB's a DE and a CB...this is a team rebuilding and we are losing way to much I think
I think we will lose Fletcher and Spikes, but keep Kelsay and Clements. I wouldn't re-sign Clements, but I think we will.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Very interesting

very interesting.
Hell ya, I love to hear stuff like this. He wants to step up and be the leader of our D. How can you not love the guy? He'll be going to a few Pro Bowls in his career if he can regain his form prior to his injury. This is obviously not a given, but I hope that his injury wasn't as serious as Spikes' was.

It is obvious that at least one of them (Fletcher and Spikes) won't be back. I don't think either will be. Crowell is going to be our MLB, I just have a feeling. Then Ellison at WLB and then a rookie (hopefully Timmons) at SLB.
Crowell had a broken leg. I'm pretty sure that's easier to come back form than a torn achilles. Plus Spikes had other injuries plaguing him this year as well
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
pysseddoph
Rookie

pysseddoph hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Very interesting

very interesting.

Crowell had a broken leg. I'm pretty sure that's easier to come back form than a torn achilles. Plus Spikes had other injuries plaguing him this year as well
crowell has already been medically cleared to play. they staff actually said if we had one more game to play that crowell could play in that game based only on his pain lvl.
pysseddoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting stuff on JP:

J.P. Losman finished the season as the league's 11th best rated passer (84.9) ahead of QBs like Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselback, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Rex Grossman and Brett Favre.

Losman was 7th in fourth quarter passer rating (89.7).

He was 9th in completion percentage (62.5), 11th in TDs and 11th in avg. gain per pass play.

Sounds to me like we have our QB