Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Interesting stuff on JP:

J.P. Losman finished the season as the league's 11th best rated passer (84.9) ahead of QBs like Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselback, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Rex Grossman and Brett Favre.

Losman was 7th in fourth quarter passer rating (89.7).

He was 9th in completion percentage (62.5), 11th in TDs and 11th in avg. gain per pass play.

Sounds to me like we have our QB
Dude, did you really not already know this? Before the last two games his passer rating was in the 90's. Obviously JP is our QB. Were you considering drafting another one? It's not even the stats though. He actually looks like an NFL QB on the field in terms of leadership, confidence and poise. He also has ridicuolus chemistry with Evans which helps as well. The only problem I have with JP is that he needs to cutdown on the boneheaded throws that he has made. Also, with the Bears game, it kinda seemed like he lost his head. Other than that, I love JP and have been his biggest supporter for a while now.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Interesting stuff on JP:

J.P. Losman finished the season as the league's 11th best rated passer (84.9) ahead of QBs like Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Eli Manning, Matt Hasselback, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Rex Grossman and Brett Favre.

Losman was 7th in fourth quarter passer rating (89.7).

He was 9th in completion percentage (62.5), 11th in TDs and 11th in avg. gain per pass play.

Sounds to me like we have our QB
Dude, did you really not already know this? Before the last two games his passer rating was in the 90's. Obviously JP is our QB. Were you considering drafting another one? It's not even the stats though. He actually looks like an NFL QB on the field in terms of leadership, confidence and poise. He also has ridicuolus chemistry with Evans which helps as well. The only problem I have with JP is that he needs to cutdown on the boneheaded throws that he has made. Also, with the Bears game, it kinda seemed like he lost his head. Other than that, I love JP and have been his biggest supporter for a while now.
I knew he had a good passer rating, but had no clue he was pretty much top 10 in every category.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would y'all think about trading down and getting Eric Weddle?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl
What would y'all think about trading down and getting Eric Weddle?
He's certainly the type of guy we'd go after - plays above what's expected of him, great character, can just flat out play the game. Also fits a most likely need. Seems like more of a guy that we'd trade up from the 2nd for a la McCargo than down from the first if we did any such thing. Doubt it happens, but I put nothing past our guys when they find a guy they like, and Weddle seems like he could be just that. I'd rather just wait it out and hope for a guy like Weddle or Hughes to be there in the second round.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What would you guys think of drafting Marshawn Lynch?
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
I think it'd be a pretty bad idea since mcgahee is still under contract for one more year.
BuffaloDraftGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek
Quote:
I think it'd be a pretty bad idea since mcgahee is still under contract for one more year.
Bad idea to have a replacment with expirience ready?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bad idea to have a replacment with expirience ready?
Bad idea to not fill an area of need with a first round pick.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
That would be an absoultely horrible pick. While I do not like McGahee, I think that we should spend a mid-late round RB to push him.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
That would be an absoultely horrible pick. While I do not like McGahee, I think that we should spend a mid-late round RB to push him.
I would rather find a Leon Washington/Mike Bell than draft an already crowned talent.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well everyone would like some of their stars to come as later picks, thats base of a good team from within. But we can't just hope to get lucky like that. Washington and Bell aren't even full starters anyway, and our Willis situation would call for one of those for the future if we so needed another RB
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
Quote:
Quote:
I would rather find a Leon Washington/Mike Bell than draft an already crowned talent.
I love Lorenzo Booker. However, I don't think we are very intent on getting our RB's involved in the passing game. It seems we like big bruising backs to move the chains and pick up first downs to set up the big pass play.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
well everyone would like some of their stars to come as later picks, thats base of a good team from within. But we can't just hope to get lucky like that. Washington and Bell aren't even full starters anyway, and our Willis situation would call for one of those for the future if we so needed another RB
I really dont care either way about our RB issue, because I think our defensive problems far exceed.
but..
We could re-sign Anthony Thomas, then trade McGahee for a first day pick. Then the Bills could run a duo back system like in Indy or Jacksonville. With an older veteran RB and a young RB, until the younger RB could handle more of the work and is accustom to the blocking in the NFL
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

I think we just resign Willis this off season long-term (5 years) so that once he is 30 we can wave bye bye and pick up a new guy. I don't really see why you guys want to get rid of him, sure we have Thomas, his yards per carry are worse, we could draft a day one back, not likely this year, this years running back class blows. Willis is almost averaging 4 yards behind a pretty average offensive line and he was hurt for a few games this year. He missed some games and still got 990 yards on the ground. I don't see a problem with Willis and believe that if we let him go we will pay for it. He is only 25 and hitting his prime. He has also switched running styles from speedy slasher to power and back to speedy slasher, once he gets settled back into his natural speedy slasher role that he worked his way into this year he should be a lot better, especially if we can find a suitable right guard.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Things like "averaging almost 4 yards a carry" are not the type of things that impress, especially considering how much he may eventually want for a new deal. RB is not something to largely act on now, but there are those who have their doubts about Willis for as soon as this upcoming season. Anthony Thomas obviously isnt the answer, but we'll just have to wait and see on what is, Willis or not, because nobody knows what we plan on doing with McGahee. I'm not hoping for or predicting anything right now because Willis has disappointed me but still has great talent and like I said, who really knows?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis is going to want top 5 money, he is barely top 15 imo and may not be.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fischbowl Bills Mock:

((Pictures To Come))

*Franchise Nate, Trade Him for A Second
**Trade Denney for a 5th, With Hargrove, I do Not Believe Denney is a factor unless Kelsay leaves
***Trade Down In First Round Acquire A Second

1. Eric Weddle, DB, Utah

2a. Brandon Siler, MLB, Florida

2b. Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

2c. Joe Staley, OT, CMU

3. Stephen Nicholas, LB, USF

4. Daniel Bazuin, DE, CMU (Falling In My Opinion Due to Great DE Class)

5. Arkee Whitlock, RB, Southern Illinois

6. Lyle Sendlein, C, Texas

7. Chad Upshaw, TE, Buffalo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Eh. It all makes sense I guess but nothing excites me about it too much. The CMU boys and Upshaw would be cool, though
Old 01-06-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dr. Z of SI wrote an article the other day about the best players at each posistion in the NFL.

There were two Bills who made it.
Brian Moorman as the #1 Punter
Jason Peters as the #4 OT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ros/index.html
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I disagree with a lot of it, but Jason Peters getting top tier recognition is unheard of, so great article!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey i have a question i know at least 1 of u wants wilson, but eactly how fast is he
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
hey i have a question i know at least 1 of u wants wilson, but eactly how fast is he
Josh Wilson?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
Josh Wilson?
He runs a 4.3
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think of Nick Harper? He can play the C2 scheme, and while he would only be a stop-gap, it would give us time to see what we have in youboty.
BuffaloDraftGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
What do you guys think of Nick Harper? He can play the C2 scheme, and while he would only be a stop-gap, it would give us time to see what we have in youboty.
That would actually be really good, he's a solid starter and can let Youboty work his way in.