Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody on the defense deserves to be defended, possibly save McKelvin.

This defense could use Bryan Scott healthy and starting over Whitner, among countless other needs.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
And who was he covering man to man, and where were they?
Was it Sims Walker in the end zone? Our ILB covering a WR man to man, please tell me that is not the play that your comment is about...

Kelsey... Now there's a joke...
There were many instances where Poz was covering Zach Miller, bit on the play-action, and had to chase Miller downfield. There were other instances where Poz was lined up on Miller and just got flat-out beat.

Those are the plays I was talking about.

And yes, I know it's extremely difficult to man-up on MJD, but it would have been nice to see him stop him, or deflect a pass once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Hey, I'm a Penn State fan and I was wondering how Aaron Maybin is doing on the Bills. I don't really get to watch any Bills games, but liked Maybin as a college player, and I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't really put up any stats after more than a year in the league already.

Those of you who watch Bills games: why is he struggling so far?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has minimal value in coverage and run defense. As a passrusher, he's pretty weak and still really doesn't have any moves, and trying to bolt wide around the tackle hasn't gotten him anything. I think he drew a holding call with a nice move inside this week, but there's not much to report. I think we'll see more of him as the lost season goes on. That is, if he can make himself noticeable.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
There were many instances where Poz was covering Zach Miller, bit on the play-action, and had to chase Miller downfield. There were other instances where Poz was lined up on Miller and just got flat-out beat.

Those are the plays I was talking about.

And yes, I know it's extremely difficult to man-up on MJD, but it would have been nice to see him stop him, or deflect a pass once.
Although SuperMcgee may have a very valid point, one in that I am almost coming to the conclusion of myself, I am going to go ahead and defend two players.
First, Poz is not a man to man defender, my point before, and one I will stick with is that he is a run defender, who is best served in coverage dropping into zone coverage and reading and reacting. Edwards and Co. trying to man him up on people does nothing other than show they do not understand their personnel, or he is the only linebacker who is even capable of covering anyone on this team. His primary responsibility is the run, and on another day where the D was getting shredded on the ground, him biting on play actions and respecting the run first should not be surprising. Its not like Miller's 2 catches for 18 yards was that spectacular, why Poz was covering Sims-Walker is mind numbing, it had to be either blown coverage elsewhere or horrible schematic planning by the Bills coaching staff. If he is manning up on MJD we have already lost, there are corners in the league that can not do that. Watching the game Poz is all over the field and one of the few players on D that actually seems to know what is going on and understand the game IMO he is always around the ball or in on the play, and IMO is not a piece of the defense that needs to be replaced, just used properly, why are the OLB's and safeties not covering TE's man to man? In terms of coverage, why is a MLB covering the perimeter?
The second guy I would defend is Williams, who makes plays regardless of where he is, and I thought they did the right thing by kicking him out, and playing Troup more inside. I was also pleased to see Carrington on the field, shed two blocks and make a play for no, or minimal gain.

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this team so much. I used to at least like watching our terrible teams of years past. I can't even stand watching them play this year. It's brutal. My only hope for this year is avoiding 0-16 and seeing Gailey give Spiller more than 5 carries a game. I like Freddie and he gives us the best chance to win right now, but c'mon man.....get CJ the damn ball.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went 5 years without missing more than 2 Bills games, I haven't watched them once this year...

Has nothing to do with how **** the team is, I just work on Sundays now, but I feel like its probably saving me a lot of rage and fuming hatred towards the Bills right now...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what are the chances that Gailey gets the sack?

I think if we go 0-16, there is a good chance he gets the boot. 1-15 or 2-14, there is a chance. I think 3-13 he is safe.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

3-13 would be a miracle.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, what are the chances that Gailey gets the sack?

I think if we go 0-16, there is a good chance he gets the boot. 1-15 or 2-14, there is a chance. I think 3-13 he is safe.
ZERO... Ralph is already paying one lame duck coach, he's not going to pay another, he'll ride this one out another 2 years gauranteed... The chances of this team winning more than 2 games is about the same. Switching coaches and schemes and such for the last decade has really caused this team to hit rock bottom, I cant be the only one who knew this year was going to be this bad...

Deion Sanders
Old 10-22-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in the forum mock moves so far.

Pick #1 QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Baltimore Ravens send
Pick #90
Jared Gaither
Buffalo Bills send
Pick #33
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some racist things were said at my house during overtime.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look forward to Ray Rice running for 180 yards and 3 TD's catching another 60 yards. (Fantasy Football). Nope I get ****, Ray does nothing and Bills lose.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Mike Vick or Jared Gaither just wishful thinking? Or could Ralph actually approve of the team signing one of those two?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, no sympathy for fantasy rooting against the Bills.

FitzpatVick > Real Vick
Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

I wasn't rooting against b-lo, I was just looking forwards to Ray having a huge day against what we call a D.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i noticed that james hardy was released from buffalo earlier this year.

can any fans here share their thoughts on whether hardy actually has potential and was his lack of success due to his injuries, playing behind other talented wrs, or did was he just a bad player?
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post

can any fans here share their thoughts on whether hardy actually has potential and was his lack of success due to his injuries, playing behind other talented wrs, or did was he just a bad player?
Hardy resided mostly on the PUP list during his time here.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
So is Mike Vick or Jared Gaither just wishful thinking? Or could Ralph actually approve of the team signing one of those two?
If Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl before he passes he needs to consider such moves (something bold), but I doubt the Eagles let Vick go, and Gaither's back injury is very conserning now that he is out for the season, and I could see Ralph approving a one year deal, essentially a try out contract to see if he has healed next year, but no big time, lengthy deal. I put the odd's of either being on this team next year at about 1%.

Deion Sanders
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post

Adding to fischbowl's comment, he couldnt get ahead of the other talented receivers on the team, and it appears as if he fell into the bad player category, injuries may have helped, and certainly did him no favors. He hasnt signed anywhere that I am aware of, and I think the Colts are the only team that thought about possibly trying him out, which says alot about a former second round pick.

Deion Sanders
Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Buffalo Bills Moves (In the forum mock)

Trades
Buffalo Bills Send
2nd Round Pick 33
Baltimore Ravens Send
3rd Round Pick 90
OT Jared Gaither

Buffalo Bills Send
4th Round Pick 114
6th Round Pick
San Francisco 49ers Send
4th Round Pick 104

Draft
1st Round Pick 1 - QB, Andrew Luck, Stanford

3rd Round Pick 65 - OT, Matt Reynolds, BYU

3rd Round Pick 90 - WR, Austin Pettis, Boise State

4th Round Pick 97 - OLB, Steven Friday, Virginia Tech

4th Round Pick 104 - ILB, Casey Matthews, Oregon
Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
If Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl before he passes he needs to consider such moves (something bold), but I doubt the Eagles let Vick go, and Gaither's back injury is very conserning now that he is out for the season, and I could see Ralph approving a one year deal, essentially a try out contract to see if he has healed next year, but no big time, lengthy deal. I put the odd's of either being on this team next year at about 1%.
*shrug* Kolb's not that bad and management may make the decision for Reid by letting Vick walk. Gaither's back isn't why he's on IR, he's on IR because of his contract. McNeil has a well documented degenerative back problem and he got a big long term deal. Gaither's back isn't as big of a concern and he's better on the field.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
*shrug* Kolb's not that bad and management may make the decision for Reid by letting Vick walk. Gaither's back isn't why he's on IR, he's on IR because of his contract. McNeil has a well documented degenerative back problem and he got a big long term deal. Gaither's back isn't as big of a concern and he's better on the field.
Eagles management could do that, and Vicks play and ability to stay healthy will have alot to do with the end result in Philly, although Kolb's consistancy IMO has not been "franchise" worthy.
As for Gaither from what I have read and heard, Gaither is the only one who knows truely what is going on. Is he using his "thoracic back injury" as a tool to get out of Baltimore and get paid? Is his personal doctor essentially being paid to give him an excuse? Why would they pay him almost $3 million just to do nothing?? His contract situation maybe the root of all evil in this situation, but his back is "official' reason why, and when combined with the possibility that he is using it immaturaly as an excuse to act like a child and get his way, is why I would not give him big time deal. In fact the whole situation with him has made me go sour on bringing him to Buffalo.
I am well aware of back injuries, having had plenty including herniated and slip discs, as well as having lumbar spinal stinosis myself (hereditary, narrowing of the spinal canal), and having played football through the college level. McNeil and and Gaither are two completely different entities in this and other respects. Stinosis can be handled different ways effectively, and disc injuries can be a totally different animal, where from my experience, are usually harder to come back from and be effective, depending on the injury itself.
McNeil's back problem has not caused a significant playing time loss, nor should it with the treatment options available, he just wanted to get paid what he was worth, and I dont blame him. Gaither COULD have a significant injury, that real or not HAS caused him to miss playing/practice time over the last two seasons, and before this season was an issue causing him to miss time as well, now he is on the IR, and there are question marks all around him now, so I would contend that Gaithers back(brain or advisors) is the bigger concern.

Deion Sanders

Last edited by Poz51 : 10-29-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Buffalo Bills Moves (In the forum mock)]
Where is this mock going on?

Deion Sanders
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...play.php?f=107