Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
my only gripes where to two overthrows of Steve Johnson that would have went for Td's

he also had the one he underthrew to Stevie
Steve had two pretty ****** drops too. Thankfully he attoned for the second one by coming up big for like 20 yards on the very next play on third down.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For next season, do we make our base D 3-4, or 4-3?
This decision will be a huge factor in how we run our draft/free-agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
For next season, do we make our base D 3-4, or 4-3?
This decision will be a huge factor in how we run our draft/free-agency
3-4, just keep adding personnel, particularly at LB, we just drafted Troup and Carrington. Edwards, Williams and Johnson can all be usefull pieces up front, we need a "thumper" next to Posluszny, and at least one OLB who can generate pressure, most likely two, and let Torbor be the back up/spot starter/ role player that he truely is. Either way the impact is great as you say, the draft and free agency hinge on it. I do think that they could easily go back to the 4-3, but they MUST decide one way or another, this hybrid crap just delay's developement and progress.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have to go 3-4 or last years draft instantly becomes full of fail.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why so serious?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, i love steve. but why are we winning better hope we don't get pick 2 and luck comes out and goes #1.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did a little alternative situation Bills mock when I was ****** up:

Key Free Agents:

Kevin Kolb, QB
Zac Diles, LB
Jeromey Clary, OT

Draft (assuming a #3-#5 range pick)

1) Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
2) Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
3) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
4a) Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
4b) Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
5) Alex Wujciak, MLB, Maryland
6) John Moffitt, G, Wisconsin
7) Mike Blanc, DE, Auburn
UDFA) Thomas Weber, K, Arizona State

no one circles the wagons quite like us

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb isn't a free agent anymore. They gave him $10 million guaranteed to add one more year.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want Kolb. I'm hoping we land Newton somehow. Let him sit and develop, let Fitz keep playing. As long as the franchise QB is on the roster i'm good, but we can't pick this high and not take a QB. While I like Fitz, I don't want to be mid-next season wondering why we passed on a QB. If he plays well enough to keep Newton on the bench for 2-3 years, so be it, Rogers benefited from it.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone find the game delightfully entertaining while feeling the urge to fight back a hidden anger that winning was actually the worst thing for the franchise?? I loved every second of the second half but still managed to end being pissed off...
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Did anyone find the game delightfully entertaining while feeling the urge to fight back a hidden anger that winning was actually the worst thing for the franchise?? I loved every second of the second half but still managed to end being pissed off...
I agree fully. My friends mock me because i'm swearing about draft position when we score TDs. If you're not making the playoffs, it's mostly about the draft for me, and while I want the games to be entertaining, I want losses.

I listen to local sports talk (wgr even though it sucks) and they talk about how they weren't even thinking about the draft, just enjoying the game, the moment. Well ... the good teams don't get caught up in the moment, they always are planning for the future. The Bills keep playing for the now, and keep doing just enough to possibly screw up their future. If we miss another stud by one draft spot i'm ganna rip my hair out.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can never not feel good about the Bills winning a game. 15 straight 5-11 season wouldn't change that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I agree fully. My friends mock me because i'm swearing about draft position when we score TDs. If you're not making the playoffs, it's mostly about the draft for me, and while I want the games to be entertaining, I want losses.

I listen to local sports talk (wgr even though it sucks) and they talk about how they weren't even thinking about the draft, just enjoying the game, the moment. Well ... the good teams don't get caught up in the moment, they always are planning for the future. The Bills keep playing for the now, and keep doing just enough to possibly screw up their future. If we miss another stud by one draft spot i'm ganna rip my hair out.
Well said, I agree completely, and have been saying since the beginning of the season that this year is all about the future, we are not going to lure high end free agents, the only way this franchise builds is the same way they did in the mid to late 1980's , through the draft... I also will take entertaining losses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I can never not feel good about the Bills winning a game. 15 straight 5-11 season wouldn't change that.
Would the pain of one 1-15 season be alleviated by a 12-4 season two years later with a 5-11 and 8-8 season sandwhiched inbetween?? It gets the darkest before dawn... Every franchise hits rock bottom, I can remember when New England, and Indianapolis were our punching bags, and when the Cowboys were 1-15. I hear you, and enjoyed the come back this weekend, was in Kentucky on saturday, and almost convinced my better half to go to the game sunday, but watching it at home sunday, my "eye on the future" did some serious twitching...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel better that you can see them playing for their coach out there and playing for respect, especially after TO started jawing when Cincy was building their lead. At the moment, that means more to me than the repercussions of victory.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I feel better that you can see them playing for their coach out there and playing for respect, especially after TO started jawing when Cincy was building their lead. At the moment, that means more to me than the repercussions of victory.
First off, I truely understand where you are coming from, and understand what mean.
Flashback to 2001: Alex Van Pelt had one of the best games of his career, Travis Henry led the ground game in a riveting 4th quarter comeback that had all the Bills fans feeling good, and at that moment I cringed, and many of my fellow Bills said; "Who cares about the draft? We WON!!" (paraphrased). A good friend of mine and I knew that we would clearly be out of the running for the one dominate prospect of the draft, and more than likely the only other two we thought were worth a crap (as top five values). That year we beat the Panthers and Curtis Martin led Jets in a upset to win 2 of our last 5 games, there was hope for the future, we were not the worst team in the league, and fans rejoiced. Now I was wrong about Joey Harrington, although im not sure Detroit built around him anything but a losing formula, and come draft time we "miss" out on him, at the time one of our only top five values in that draft. The dominate prospect of the draft Julius Peppers, goes number two overall to those very same Panthers we beat by one point, and that victory fans felt so good about. Then we somehow pass on the only true left tackle (Yes Bryant McKinnie, two time all american, no sacks allowed in college career that included facing Dwight Freeney) prospect in three years to come in the draft for Mike Williams a right tackle. Since 2001 as you know we have not made the play-offs, both the Vikings and Panthers have three times each, with the Panthers making the Super Bowl, and the Vikings being with in one Brett Farve interception of doing the same. Amazingly enough ten years later a earily similar situation is playing out. Although, I am with you on the team playing for the coach and respect, with an never say die attitude now. I am not sure where that gets us? At half time of the game I told my wife, that Buffalo would win and she laughed at me, and said "you will be mad because of the draft." I said yes, I have seen this before... "At the moment" is the lack of forward thinking, forsight, whatever that has kept this team out of the play-offs for an entire decade of my life. I hope that Gailey has the team on the right track, and I am beginning to think he does. Nix I hope and pray adds the right pieces to allow them to continue to build on their momentum moving forward. Maybe Fitzpatrick is the answer at QB (I certainly want him to be a part of this team moving forward regardless) and things will work out for the better by not drafting #1 overall, please Buddha, Confucius, Jesus, Mohammed, Ra, Zeus and whomever else we can pray to, please let the future be brighter than the present, past and everything in between. But like I said: "I have seen this before." and nausea is the feeling taking over. Maybe this time will be different... Anyways, like I said: I found the game delightfully entertaining and enjoyed every moment of the second half, wish I was more convincing and could have been there.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the 2011-12 season and moving forward, do we have run primarily a 4-3 or the 3-4?
Also, I dont see us drafting 1st overall anymore, and would imagine by the time we pick, Luck will be off the board.

So, what do we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the 2011-12 season and moving forward, do we have run primarily a 4-3 or the 3-4?
Also, I dont see us drafting 1st overall anymore, and would imagine by the time we pick, Luck will be off the board.

So, what do we do?
I think we need a QB, especially with no stud OT this year. You gotta think we will be top 5 though, so guys like AJ Green, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, D'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley will be in the discussion. Honestly, if we miss on Luck everything else is a huge fall off.........I say trade the farm.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

Quote:

So, what do we do?
I think we have to stay 3-4, or else last years draft will look real bad moving forward.

I may be in the minority of Bills fans, but I want Cam Newton, and I think he'll go top 10, maybe even top 5, by the time the draft rolls around. The main benefit of Fitz playing so well is we can do well next year if we have a good draft. Cam in the first, let him sit, then almost all defense, except for a RT in there somewhere. Let Fitz play as long as he wants, as long as the future is on the roster developing, and I think Cam will need some developing.

Last edited by essential : 11-27-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys!
Could you tell me how Demetrius Bell is doing?
As terrible as last year?
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
Hey guys!
Could you tell me how Demetrius Bell is doing?
As terrible as last year?
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010...o-line-week-11
Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Thanks, awesome site :)
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

As expected, Merriman to IR without ever playing a game.

Now, for people that matter:

Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

boy lee is really worth that 9 mill a year. ******* ass hat.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

hey lee catch the fing ball.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

McLovin is going to be run out of buffalo.