Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-13-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Great win yesterday... Anyone else feel like these "quality" wins against "quality" opponents besides making us feel good, are actually costing us in terms of the future? I am not sure desides building some momentum going into next year what this really does for us...
I don't really care tbqh. IF we can't get talented players to produce with the 5th overall pic we're ****** anyways.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5908782

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forum Mock so far:

1) Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
3) Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall

Veteran Acquisitions:

OLB Paul Kruger
OT Oniel Cousins
DE/OLB Mark Anderson

Old 12-19-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

antonio coleman play much for ya guys ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
antonio coleman play much for ya guys ?
Started a couple weeks ago. Love him but he was put on IR.

It was odd that the rookie I was most excited for this year was indeed a UDFA, and it was Antonio Coleman

Old 12-19-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Bengals very well might be looking at QBs now, i think that Browns win not only took us out of the Luck sweepstakes, but i think Newton may be gone before we pick as well. i would not at all surprised to see Newton go top 3, and we will no longer be picking in there.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Forum Mock so far:

1) Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
3) Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall

Veteran Acquisitions:

OLB Paul Kruger
OT Oniel Cousins
DE/OLB Mark Anderson
If we take Locker at 5 and pay him all that money I'll punch Nix in the nuts.
Lance, imo will just be a avg. all around TE.
Curry, in R3 that is the highest I've seen him.

Kruger hasn't done anything in BAL.
Oniel, meh, is he better then what we have a RT? Sure but not by much.
Mark hasn't done anything since his rookie year.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Started a couple weeks ago. Love him but he was put on IR.

It was odd that the rookie I was most excited for this year was indeed a UDFA, and it was Antonio Coleman
Week 15 and the UDFA are still the most intriguing. David Nelson time!

Let's get Naaman some work, too.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
If we take Locker at 5 and pay him all that money I'll punch Nix in the nuts.
Lance, imo will just be a avg. all around TE.
Curry, in R3 that is the highest I've seen him.

Kruger hasn't done anything in BAL.
Oniel, meh, is he better then what we have a RT? Sure but not by much.
Mark hasn't done anything since his rookie year.
I was rushed for a pick last night, so I would've picked Ballard, but I was hammered and just got home from seeing the best Weezer concert ever....

I forgot he was still around...

It should have been like this:

1) Locker
2) Ballard
3) Kendricks

I do stand behind my Locker pick 100%, in my opinion, he's the best behind Luck.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was rushed for a pick last night, so I would've picked Ballard, but I was hammered and just got home from seeing the best Weezer concert ever....

I forgot he was still around...

It should have been like this:

1) Locker
2) Ballard
3) Kendricks

I do stand behind my Locker pick 100%, in my opinion, he's the best behind Luck.
I'm with you there. I think Locker is absolutely perfect for the Bills. If he works out he's a perfect fit for what Gailey can do and with Fitzy they've got the time to be patient with him so that he does work out. Plus he's a smart guy who'll learn quickly from another crafty QB in Fitzy. With Locker, Freddie, Spiller, Steve Johnson and a solid interior OL that offense has some pieces. Add a good OT and a #1 WR and that offense could become deadly. The D still needs help at DE and OLB, but I'm a fan of Troup, Carrington, Kyle Williams, Moats, Coleman, the McTwins and Byrd. So given the 2 years it'll take Locker to really start carrying that team I think the Bills could put together a good team around him provided the draft well. Ballard would've been a great second round pick since I could see a Ballard-Troup-Carrington DL with KW getting snaps all around starting for the Bills for a long time.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue I have with drafting Locker is I don't think he should be drafted any sooner than a guy like Josh Freeman was and the Bills are going to be picking in that 5-10 range. I think Locker is a top 10 talent, and has more physical ability than Andrew Luck, but I really think as a quarter back he is the worst out of Luck, Newton or Mallett.

Right now the draft order is:

1. Carolina (2-12) - Good chance they take Andrew Luck
2. Denver (3-11) - Won't pick a QB
3. Cincinnati (3-11) - Possibility they go with Luck/Newton although I don't see them taking a QB
4. Arizona (4-10) - I can see them pulling the trigger on any of the big 4 QB's here
5. Detroit (4-10) - Won't pick a QB
6. Buffalo (4-10)

So at 6th overall, there is a chance we could be taking the first QB off the board or the fourth QB off the board, its really an awkward situation to be in for the Bills assuming they actually want to draft a QB in the first round.

My personal opinion, if the Bills want a QB at all and have at least two of them rated as worthy of a top 5 selection, the team NEEDS to trade up with the Broncos BEFORE draft day at all costs. Sitting at #2 overall they either get a consolation prize at QB which has already been decided for them based on their draft board if Carolina takes a QB. OR they get their pick of the best QB's if Carolina decides to go in another direction.

The reason they need to trade up before draft day is simple. If the Panthers decide to pass on Andrew Luck, we have to assume that the #2 pick becomes abundantly more valuable to teams in need of a QB. This will make it nearly impossible for the Bills to move up to #2 without giving up a lot, which the team can't really afford.

I think that the Bills could get away with trading their 1st, 3rd and next year's 2nd round pick to get the Bronco's pick and when you think about it, that isn't giving up much at all. The Bills still get two top 40 picks this year and only lose a 2nd round pick next year. Even if it were a 1st, 2nd and next year's 2nd that still sounds like a good deal to get:
a. the top QB in the draft
b. the 2nd best QB in the draft of our choice

instead of waiting and seeing what falls to us, and if the QB's that we wanted don't fall to us, we end up taking some other position (which I consider to be the most likely scenario if the Bills stay at #6 overall or behind the teams currently picking ahead of them).
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

What would you all think of Colin Kaepernick as a mid round QB possibility?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kinda like him, but we don't need a mid round QB imo. We need a franchise QB or we shouldn't waste picks on one.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with them drafting any QB mid-round, Kaepernick, Devlin, Ponder ... as long as we get one in the first as well. I don't want to go into next year with Fitz and a mid-rounder, however i'm fine taking a flyer on Kaepernick or someone like him in the mid round and developing him with Newton/Mallett/Locker.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I have no problem with them drafting any QB mid-round, Kaepernick, Devlin, Ponder ... as long as we get one in the first as well. I don't want to go into next year with Fitz and a mid-rounder, however i'm fine taking a flyer on Kaepernick or someone like him in the mid round and developing him with Newton/Mallett/Locker.
With all our needs, there is no point in taking two QBs

Old 12-29-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, spend the mid-pick somewhere else and let Levi run around in the 3rd role. I like Kaepernick more, but it's not worth it.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I kinda like him, but we don't need a mid round QB imo. We need a franchise QB or we shouldn't waste picks on one.
Im with Rob, despite liking Colin K, I think its a franchise guy or no one at QB this year.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What unrestricted free agents do we re-sign, and who can we let go?

ILB - Paul Posluszny - Re-sign, 3rd in the league in combined tackles, 4th in solo tackles, he's our ILB, not our coverage OLB. Why create another need?
ILB - Keith Ellison - Let go, playing in the wrong scheme (although he provides depth for the 4-3 looks they will apparently keep for next year).
DE - John McCargo - Let go, this should be a obvious.
CB - Drayton Florence - Re-sign, Mcgee is 30 and declining physically, McKelvin had a rough year, solid #2 starter, depth.
CB - Ashton Youboty - Let go, injury prone career so far, not lived up to expectations.
S - Donte Whitner - Let go, 5th combined tackler, tied for 9th in solo tackles, hard to let that go, coverage? Iffy, combine that with the money he is asking for, his squeaky clean locker, and George Wilson being better in coverage and a solid tackler...
S- George Wilson - Re-sign, new starter about half the cost.
OT - Mansfield Wrotto - Let go, could bring back for depth, no push, decent in pass pro. 51/49 on him, could resign for depth.

I know there are more, just wanted to hear some initial thoughts, particualrly on the defensive side of the ball...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Ellison, McCargo, Youboty are all gone. We'll offer Whitner something but hes going to test the market no matter what unless we franchise him. Hes been open about wanting to see whats out there.

Posluszny will definitely be offered a nice contract but I could see him seeing whats out there if he really wants to win right now. Wilson will get re-signed for sure, probably Florence as well. Wrotto might see if he can get some OL starved team to give him a better contract, but if nothings there for him I have a feeling we'll bring him back before camp no matter what, at least as a body.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitzmagic's beard is gone. Seriously, Fitz? I've stuck my neck out for you all year and this is how you do me? RIP to the beard. It shall never be topped.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills...is-now-history
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
What unrestricted free agents do we re-sign, and who can we let go?

ILB - Paul Posluszny - Re-sign, 3rd in the league in combined tackles, 4th in solo tackles, he's our ILB, not our coverage OLB. Why create another need?
ILB - Keith Ellison - Let go, playing in the wrong scheme (although he provides depth for the 4-3 looks they will apparently keep for next year).
DE - John McCargo - Let go, this should be a obvious.
CB - Drayton Florence - Re-sign, Mcgee is 30 and declining physically, McKelvin had a rough year, solid #2 starter, depth.
CB - Ashton Youboty - Let go, injury prone career so far, not lived up to expectations.
S - Donte Whitner - Let go, 5th combined tackler, tied for 9th in solo tackles, hard to let that go, coverage? Iffy, combine that with the money he is asking for, his squeaky clean locker, and George Wilson being better in coverage and a solid tackler...
S- George Wilson - Re-sign, new starter about half the cost.
OT - Mansfield Wrotto - Let go, could bring back for depth, no push, decent in pass pro. 51/49 on him, could resign for depth.

I know there are more, just wanted to hear some initial thoughts, particualrly on the defensive side of the ball...
i'd keep Florence and Youboty. Youboty is good when healthy and should come cheap. I'd like Eric Hagg to be our starting SS this year, but would understand the resigning of Wilson as a team leader. Wrotto is good depth if he comes cheap.

Whitner, Ellison, and McCargo are gone. Poz i can do without, but also wouldn't mind if it was a team friendly contract, i wouldn't overpay to keep him, rather draft Dont'a Hightower to run the defense, but you do need two ILB's so it could work.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Youboty hasn't shown anything in 5 years that makes him worth re-signing. Might not be an awful player, but very replaceable.

You know we're going to give Poz a lot of money.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

It would be smart to resign Wrotto. He's a Georgia Tech product familiar with Gailey's system who certainly has played well this year.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
Poz i can do without, but also wouldn't mind if it was a team friendly contract, i wouldn't overpay to keep him, rather draft Dont'a Hightower to run the defense, but you do need two ILB's so it could work.
Please dont take this the wrong way. He has stated that he wants to stay, has not made any ridiculous contract demands (publically, Whitner who?), is one of the best tacklers in the league, on one of the worst defenses in the league (although I do believe it is up a coming), and replace him? Not only replace him, but do so with a rookie, who has no career impact plays in college, has more assist tackles than solo career in college, and let this rookie lead the defense? I like Hightower as a mid round possibility, and compliment to Poz, but not as a replacement to a productive piece of the defense, thus creating another hole. IMO that is not even a lateral move. I was up in W.N.Y. last week and between the Buff and the Rock, almost lost my mind with some of the fans bashing Poz, is he Ray Lewis, Mayo or Willis, no, is he that far behind them? No, but those other players also have much better pieces infront of and/or next to them. I gaurantee that if there wasnt the stupid 30% uncapped pay increase crap in place this year, Poz would already have signed an extension. "He cant cover!!" He is an ILB, who's job is to tackle, which he does very well, again know your personel, "He had no picks this year!!" Neither did Mayo, Willis, Greenway, or Jones, all top ten in tackles, 2 pro bowlers. All will be with their teams next year, unless the Bengals deem Jones too old, and move Rey-Rey into the middle where he belongs... Yet people outside of WNY, constantly talk about how under rated and good he is... He is just entering the prime of his career, and wants to be a part of the rebuilding process, and wants to be a part of this team...
As for Hagg, I like him as a SS, but think he needs time to adjust to the pro-game, but if we resign Wilson, and have Scott as depth, do we need him??
Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It would be smart to resign Wrotto. He's a Georgia Tech product familiar with Gailey's system who certainly has played well this year.
What do you think about drafting a tackle early? You have a good point about Wrotto, do you think he's an asset in the run game?