Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-01-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
A bunch of my friends have suddenly fallen in love with Miller. I don't particularly like it. But I have no solid feelings on who i want with the pick.
Im really on the fence with the pick myself, Fairley and Dareus make the most sense to me right now with Cam Newton making plenty of sense as well. Even AJ Green is growing on me. Its certainly not like past years where I wanted McKinnie, Ngata, Oher or Orkapo, it kind of reminds of the McLovin draft where there are several guys I would be ok/happy with.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I really don't want Miller at #3 either. I'd rather nab someone such as Dareus.
As for tight end... having looked back at Chan Gailey's past offenses (aside from when he had Tony Gonzalez), the TE's are rarely used for anything other than blocking. So, I don't see TE being a target for the Bills this offseason, as bad as that is. I want a great TE on this team, but I dont think Chan sees the necessity for one.
Im with you on the Dareus issue, I think a possible Fairley/Carrington rotation at the 5 technique would be something.
Looking at some of the Gailey/TE things after I thought just thought the same thing, in 94 Eric Green was the second leading reciever on the Steelers as a TE, David LaFleur had a better year when Gailey led the Cowboys to the playoffs in 1999 then our entire TE core had this year. Gonzalez had a great year under Gailey grabbing 96 balls, and having 10 Td's tying for the second most in his hall of fame career. I agree that he likes them to block primarily (Mark Breuner) but he has had success with TE's before, not sure the teams he coached always had good ones. I read some where that he does not like one dimensional TE's, as the show your hand or something like that, which is why I like Rudolph so much, and possibly Stocker later. I am not sure that he sees the necessity for one, which surprises me about him.

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I like Miller, I'm just not enamored with taking a hybrid in the top 5. I'm secretly hoping for Nick Fairley to fall to us
Im along the same lines, I am not knocking Miller, just dont see the value in the top 5 either, would prefer Fairley or Dareus, even Newton myself among others. Fairley intrigues me, and I would not mind him at all either.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Im along the same lines, I am not knocking Miller, just dont see the value in the top 5 either, would prefer Fairley or Dareus, even Newton myself among others. Fairley intrigues me, and I would not mind him at all either.
*YAAAAAAAAWWWWNNN....* Just woke up from a 8 month long hangover. Did the Bills make it to the superbowl? X)

Anyway...

In total agreement with a Fairley or Dareus pick at 3; the Dline will be better next year without them but adding players of their caliber could potentially create a very fierce front for us ... Newton scares me. The talent and leadership seems to there but for some reason he just screams bust. It could be just me however ... OLB seems like it would the logical position to use the pick on but couldn't we trade down and still pick up an effective pass rusher in the teens or twenties? Bowers or Miller at 3 would make me sick ... A darkhorse at 3 that I would really like would be Peterson. Is it needed? Not really. Is it too much of an investment in the secondary? Probably (Finanically yes). But Peterson, to me, is a Calvin Johnson-type player who has a tremendous "badassness" to him; in other words, the type of player that is hard to pass on. It's like having an attractive girlfriend already, that being our #1 at corner, and then running into a perfect 10 thus begging us to wonder how much better would life be with her..... Just sayin.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

OH!!!

What are your guys thoughts on Kaepernick? Sexy beast no? At this point I would fill much better if we drafted him in the third, or even second possibly, rather than taking a chance on Newton at 3. Again, your thoughts?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.... how was Jerry Gray as a DC when he was with y'all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What?? Are you serious?
Yes, we need a QB. Bowers is the only defensive player worth taking at 3. I can't see Carolina and Denver passing on him. We can not win a Superbowl with Fitz and we have a shot at the best QB in the draft. Locker at 3 it is.
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTcoach View Post
Yes, we need a QB. Bowers is the only defensive player worth taking at 3. I can't see Carolina and Denver passing on him. We can not win a Superbowl with Fitz and we have a shot at the best QB in the draft. Locker at 3 it is.

No..

....apparently my very true argument was TOO concise for this forum so I have to add this in as filler...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are getting new unis for the 2011-12 season!
I got a text from the team so I wouldnt lie to you guys lol.
They're planning on unveiling at some fan event - my guess is right before the draft so the new draft pick can hold it up for everyone to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

[quote=ruthlessrussian;2511482
OLB seems like it would the logical position to use the pick on but couldn't we trade down and still pick up an effective pass rusher in the teens or twenties? Bowers or Miller at 3 would make me sick ... A darkhorse at 3 that I would really like would be Peterson. Is it needed? Not really. Is it too much of an investment in the secondary? Probably (Finanically yes).[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, sounds like nice bender :)
Adding a Dareus or Fairley gives the Bills some sick depth upfront, waves of front line defenders for the entire coarse of a game.
Newton is pure risk/reward, but will have time to develope.
OLB seems like a logical choice until you look at the 9 or so guys on the roster IMO. Quinn has the ability to be huge upgrade, but has too many red flags for Nix and Co. to take that high, unless character suddenly becomes a non-factor.
As for Peterson I agree, and I think he could fit the BPA profile they are looking for. It is a passing league, and watching the Superbowl, you can not have enough good cover corners. McKelvin looks like a 2 right now, Florence is a 2 at best, Mcgee would be a great nickel/dime guy, but injury concerns with him are becoming too regular/lingering to count on him being you 1 or even 2 at this point. I have been saying something similar for a while, do not count out Peterson who could be the best player in the draft. Not a top need, but neither was RB last year... If there is a rookie cap, financially it wont really matter.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
OH!!!

What are your guys thoughts on Kaepernick? Sexy beast no? At this point I would fill much better if we drafted him in the third, or even second possibly, rather than taking a chance on Newton at 3. Again, your thoughts?
I dont think he's that great myself. I think the third is a reach, watch his arm throwing in the Senior Bowl, his motion is odd, I thought he had some Tebow in his dropping of the ball to his waist. I would not mind him in the fourth with our 2nd pick, because I think he is too much of a project to draft any earlier. I like Newton, but am really starting to think that they will not like any of these QB's enough to take them at 3 at this point. I need to see more from Kaepernick, but have not been impressed from what I have like many have been. Great arm, good mobility, spotty accuracy and I think he leaves the pocket at the first sign on trouble.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
So.... how was Jerry Gray as a DC when he was with y'all?
I liked him and thought he did a fine job, he knows the secondary and I think helps upgrade a D in that aspect in particular. He's a professional who I thought was an asset to the Bills while he was here.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
I dont think he's that great myself. I think the third is a reach, watch his arm throwing in the Senior Bowl, his motion is odd, I thought he had some Tebow in his dropping of the ball to his waist. I would not mind him in the fourth with our 2nd pick, because I think he is too much of a project to draft any earlier. I like Newton, but am really starting to think that they will not like any of these QB's enough to take them at 3 at this point. I need to see more from Kaepernick, but have not been impressed from what I have like many have been. Great arm, good mobility, spotty accuracy and I think he leaves the pocket at the first sign on trouble.

Who are you liking at QB this year? ..OR.. Do you think we should pass on one in this draft?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

http://www.restaurantroy.com/

Just thought i'd share this with you western New Yorkers...it's like a little piece of Buffalo here in Santa Barbara

Note the "go bills!" on the right side of the Roy's homepage...

I walk into this place for the first time the other day and the wall's are painted blue with red trim and the bar is decked out with Bills memorabilia - and it's all done tastefully! The place isn't anything remotely close to a sports bar. I was totally blown away!!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who are you liking at QB this year? ..OR.. Do you think we should pass on one in this draft?
Newton is the only one I like at this point in the first round. After that if Locker and Gabbert fell into the second I would be interested, but after that it would have to a appropriate value, like Ponder/Kaepernick in the 4th. Watching Newton, when his mechanics (which I do not think are that far off) are right he can make all of the throws accurately (not always perfect, but with in the clock), and he has under rated armstrength, when he steps into his throws, he throws a bullet. IMO his only true flaw is scanning the field/vision, and I think sitting behind Fitzy will do him wonders in that department. He's never been asked to this before.
For me its Newton or Pass. All the other QB's in this class have major flaws IMO. Locker; Accuracy and trusting what he sees. Gabbert; Pocket awareness, taking off at the first sign of trouble, and deep accuracy. Mallatt; Accuracy, maturity, reading a D. Ponder; game tape, consistancy, decision making. Kaepernick; accuracy, throwing motion, decision making. So unless its a BPA type value, pass. This is not to say Newton does not have flaws, I just think his are not as major a concern, and he is the only legit 1st round QB I see in this class, so its him or pass for me.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://www.restaurantroy.com/

Just thought i'd share this with you western New Yorkers...it's like a little piece of Buffalo here in Santa Barbara

Note the "go bills!" on the right side of the Roy's homepage...

I walk into this place for the first time the other day and the wall's are painted blue with red trim and the bar is decked out with Bills memorabilia - and it's all done tastefully! The place isn't anything remotely close to a sports bar. I was totally blown away!!
I travel a bit, and there are place similar to this all over. Virginia Beach has a place like down here (not nearly to extent), and while in San Diego last summer I walked into a beach bar that had a wall dedicated to the Bills. Lexington KY, and Knoxville TN, had places with Bills stuff that I went into this past summer, although not nearly to the degree as S.D. and you have described. It always cool to walk into a place like that and see the support for this team all over the country! If I make it out to Santa Barbara, Ill be sure to go to this place :)
Side note: I'll be interested to see what these new uniforms are all about, they have got to be better than the current ones...
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New uniforms next year.....

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
for me Newton should be the only option at #3 (not just at QB, but at any position).

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
for me Newton should be the only option at #3 (not just at QB, but at any position).
Yeeah... I'm just not digging Newton. I want to like, but the guy just reeks of bust.. in my opinion of course.

What is it that you like about his game?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Wilson gets a 3-year contract. Hard to argue against that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first time where I have NO idea who I want the Bills to draft in the 1st come April.

One day, it's Newton, then the next, Dareus. Throw Quinn and Gabbert in there and I'm as confused as ever.

Who do I decide on!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert never really crosses my mind, but it is quite the predicament. Peterson has to be on every team's mind, too.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
This is the first time where I have NO idea who I want the Bills to draft in the 1st come April.

One day, it's Newton, then the next, Dareus. Throw Quinn and Gabbert in there and I'm as confused as ever.

Who do I decide on!?!?!
Just to add to the confusion, as I have been saying for a little while now, and in complete agreement with SuperMcGee Peterson fits the Nix draft profile to a T, 2+ year starter/BPA available type. Nix has a good history taking QB's so if they like one, I think it is cause for excitment. IMO its between Gabbert, Newton, Dareus and Peterson at his point. All but Newton have 2 or more years of starting experience, and even Newton has started the last two years, although one at JUCO, so I am not sure how that figures in.
In general, thoughts on who its down to at this point?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
George Wilson gets a 3-year contract. Hard to argue against that.
It certainly is well earned no arguement hear, being a good soldier pays off in Buffalo for better or for worse...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst case scenario, we pass on both QB's and they both turnout to be great franchise QB's.
Best case scenario, whoever, we pick will be an impact player, at #3 we are going to get something special because there are about 12 special players in this draft.