Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Anyone else feel like they have been punked?
Smokescreens, the drafting of players with significant character concerns, and a kicker, for a second year in a row after giving the starter a extension...
Who is this Buddy Nix?, or has the D. Whaley take over begun?
Not really. Sure, Manuel was not talked about as much as Barkley/Nassib, but it wasn't out of nowhere and Nix pretty much straight shot the positions we were going to target. Hopkins is awesome and we didn't even spend a pick on the guy with the biggest character issues.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I had originally mocked Manuel to the Bills at 8. I think they knew no one else would be taking him so they risked the trade down. The QBs in this draft were bad and chances are if the Bills don't take Manuel none of the QBs would've been first rounders.

I think Alonso will be the steal of the Bills draft. I don't like the receivers, especially Goodwin. Lots of speed, not much else. Duke Williams is a sleeper, but there's not much else after him to get excited about.

D.
Yeah, but they could only take the risk if they believed everybody else thought he stunk, so why would you draft a QB that every other GM wouldn't touch. This pick makes zero sense and is just another in a long line of organizational incompetence.

If you are counting on these guys to produce a steal, you'll grow old waiting.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Kelvin Shepard traded for Jerry Hughes.

Not much of a shock that he is gone. Though it is interesting to think about how much faith the bills FO has in Alonso to make this move.

Hughes is coming off his best year so far with the colts, which isn't saying much. Though he is still young and growing. 4 sacks last year with a nice game against the jags. It seems likely that he could build on that depending on how much he is used. It is nice to have the depth too.

Good move.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it bad that the UDFA WR has me more excited than the 2nd rnd and 4th WR's?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep hearing that Manual would have been there in the second round or even third round for the Bills. I dont think there was a chance.
I spent draft weekend in the lovely city of Philadelphia, with much of it in the car listening to their local sports talk. Two of the guys I listened to ("with sources"), said that they thought Philly would have taken Manual (one announcer stated that he thought they had Manual as their #1 QB in the draft) at the top of the second round if he were there, even over G. Smith as evidenced by them passing on Smith, as one of the announcers later indicated on Sunday (I believe one of the same announcers). My buddy who lives there, told me the announcers on that station (94.something) are pretty solid in the information they get, and usually not all that far off.
Manual has stated that before the draft that the Bills, Eagles and Browns were the most interested teams and even stated that they called several times prior to the draft just to make sure they had the proper contact information.
One of the announcers was asked if he thought they would trade up for Manual, and he said no, because Buffalo was looking to trade down in the first and he thought they would take the BPA one way or anther in the first, then Nassib or Barkley in the 2nd and Cleveland did not have the ammo to trade up from the 3rd without mortgaging thier future. He also talked about the new coach and building around the current roster using all the picks that they have. His indication was he thought that the Eagles thought Manual would be there in the 2nd round, and they would have taken him had he been there. None of the announcers thought the Eagles were heart broken, or anything of the kind, and that they were genuinely happy with how their draft was going/went. One of the announcers indicated he thought Buffalo put out a excellent smoke screen, but may not have needed to with how things ended up going down, and he thought it was a "savy" move trading down, getting a 2nd and not taking a risk (his opinion) that someone would move up to 15 or higher to take Manual.
I have read the Jets liked Manual alot, but considered G. Smith at 13 and talked to several teams about moving up from 39, for whom? I cant get a good indication, although it seems like Smith.
Most of the stuff I heard was "talking heads" on the radio, so take it for what its worth. I thought it was interesting, especially in listenning to the "talking heads" in various media outlets and Bills fans lately, that believe he would have been there later "for sure".
Obviously alot of speculation, but maybe the Bills did the right thing and got their man without risking losing him to another team, as I dont think he would have been there at 41, for anyone interested :)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Funny thing is he's more talented then those guys IMO who are good football players. I just really hope he takes advantage of this, not sure if he can secure a starting spot I mean he did just come from Tenn Tech so who knows, but everyone knows he has starting ability. 4.52 at his size and an 11ft broad jump reeks of elite measurables. I think Brandon Marshall broad jumped 10ft and had a much slower 40, but then part of me wonders why if he was so talented you guys didn't just grab him in the 7th.

I really hope not getting drafted gave him a wake up call, he's a pro bowl talent at WR that just needs to develop and put in the work to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Funny thing is he's more talented then those guys IMO who are good football players. I just really hope he takes advantage of this, not sure if he can secure a starting spot I mean he did just come from Tenn Tech so who knows, but everyone knows he has starting ability. 4.52 at his size and an 11ft broad jump reeks of elite measurables. I think Brandon Marshall broad jumped 10ft and had a much slower 40, but then part of me wonders why if he was so talented you guys didn't just grab him in the 7th.

I really hope not getting drafted gave him a wake up call, he's a pro bowl talent at WR that just needs to develop and put in the work to get there.
I'm pretty sure, his character must be a total mess to go undrafted, not just bad but a real mess for everybody to pass on him.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just pay the damn man. What the hell is wrong with us.

Quote:
According to radio announcer Mark Kelso, the Bills and unsigned franchise player FS Jairus Byrd are $2 million per year apart in long-term talks.
Kelso is a former Bills safety, and current color analyst on the team's radio broadcast. According to Kelso, the Bills are offering $7 million, but Byrd is seeking $9 million. It's a monstrous gap, and one the sides are likely to have trouble bridging before the July 15 deadline to sign franchise players to long-term deals. Aside from avoiding injury, Byrd will have nothing to gain from holding out once July 15 comes and goes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-12-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Awwww.. don't sleep on Robert Woods. Day-Rick could potentially beast if he gets his act together, however Woods has me the most excited. He is smooth in his routes and what he does after the catch. Perfect complement to Stevie.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buddy Nix is apparently stepping away from his GM role

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Buddy Nix is apparently stepping away from his GM role
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...eneral-manager

I appears to be so. IMO he leaves the roster more talented than he found it overall. Mistakes clearly include jumping the gun on Fitzy, waiting to take a QB until this year. His finger prints are all over this draft, which with the UDFA's might have been his best. E.J. Manual is his legacy in Buffalo as a GM. Would have loved to see him lock up Byrd before he left. It fits the plan they appear to have had, and now it is up to Whaley and Marrone to continue what they started in concert with Nix, who I think will be a good consultant for Whaley to lean on for advice, or as a different opinion to consider.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...eneral-manager

I appears to be so. IMO he leaves the roster more talented than he found it overall. Mistakes clearly include jumping the gun on Fitzy, waiting to take a QB until this year. His finger prints are all over this draft, which with the UDFA's might have been his best. E.J. Manual is his legacy in Buffalo as a GM. Would have loved to see him lock up Byrd before he left. It fits the plan they appear to have had, and now it is up to Whaley and Marrone to continue what they started in concert with Nix, who I think will be a good consultant for Whaley to lean on for advice, or as a different opinion to consider.
Agreed. His legacy begins and ends with EJ. It will be interesting to see how Whaley approaches future FA's and re-signing our own players.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite Buddy moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Ralph looks like he isn't sure if he **** his pants or not.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are you guys liking our SC boys (Robey,Woods) on your squad?

I heard Robey had 2 pick 6's off Manuel in one practice. Not bad for a 5'7 UDFA :)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

I heard Robey had 2 pick 6's off Manuel in one practice. Not bad for a 5'7 UDFA :)
By the time our pick came up in the 2nd, I was lighting candles for Woods so I was elated with that pick.

So far, they said Woods is everything they thought he would be when they drafted him. Professional route runner, and dynamic skills after the catch. He is a great weapon to pair with Stevie.

They really like Roby so far as well, and he has a real shot at making the team if he continues to perform well because our CB depth is lacking.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

Personally I am hoping Woods is the #2 reciever to start the season, and like BallerT said, a weapon to pair with Stevie and really to compliment the offense as a whole.

Although I had not heard that about Robey, I hope he wins the starting nickel job. I like his potential to cover the slot more than anyone else on the roster.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Whaley says it was all him on EJ and just this past draft in general.

Quote:
New Bills GM Doug Whaley was an "integral" part of drafting E.J. Manuel.
"I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board," Whaley said. "We think that we did enough due diligence and the information pointed us all to this point that E.J. would be the guy we feel will take the Buffalo Bills into the future." Buddy Nix's successor is setting himself up to take the credit — or blame — for Manuel's career. A major project compared to most recent first-round quarterbacks, there's no guarantee Manuel will make a positive impact as a rookie. It's entirely possible Whaley's reign as GM in Buffalo will be defined by Manuel's success or lack thereof.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Whaley says it was all him on EJ and just this past draft in general.
It certainly had a different feel to it (3 of the first 5 picks from PAC-?? and a Mountain Wester), I dont doubt Whaley played a huge role in the whole process, there was a reason Nix was there though, even if it was just to over see and approve of the moves/picks, whatever. Looks as if the torch was being passed. I love the "we" references throughout the quote, in that everyone seems to working together towards a common goal.

In general I love the direction the franchise is moving in, feels more modern overall, the offense, defense and front office.

Side note; Although my main knock on Manuel was his ability to read the field and go through his progressions, I have been happy to hear he has been working on it and thinks it is easier than the "complex" offense at F.S.U.??

BallerT, being an L.S.U. fan, I dont recall his offense ever being very "complex", did it get more so since he arrived in Tallahassee?

I am not sure how to react to that comment in terms of it being a good or bad thing...
Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Well, The way our offense looked sometimes, it didn't seem overly complex or that we were trying to re-write a new form of offense. That being said, I know Jimbo did implement new schemes into his offense all the time during the season. EJ always had multiple plays going up to the line of scrimmage and was able to audible to any of them by the middle of his Junior season.

That being said, I still don't know see how the Bills system is easier lol. I'm also not sure if it is a good thing that the Bills offense seems so easy as well.

I agree on liking where the franchise is heading, and hopefully that means more wins SOON. It definitely feels more modern, especially after being stuck with re-treads the past few years in Jauron and Gailey.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

C'mon Da'Rick. Straighten up.

Quote:
Bills coach Doug Marrone gave rookie WR Da'Rick Rogers an earful at OTA practice after the UDFA stood over CB Ron Brooks following a 15-yard touchdown catch.
Rogers beat Brooks on a hitch pattern from E.J. Manuel. "He kind of stood there over a player, and that’s a 15-yard penalty," said Marrone. "That's not what being a pro is, and that's not playing like a Buffalo Bill. I told him, 'Is this going to be something we're going to have to be concerned about with handling any type of success from you?'" Rogers is on a zero-tolerance policy after falling out of the draft due to character concerns.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
C'mon Da'Rick. Straighten up.
Wow, I was hoping this kind of stuff would not be an issue, and might not be a big one as he probably just got too fired up after a big play, showing a little bit of immaturity still lingering around.
Appropriate response from Marrone, another plus for him in my book. Didnt ridicule and left the door open for growth.
A chance to show growth for Da'Rick, I hope he see's it that way.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Aaron Williams looked this offseason? I heard he's moved to safety but I'm not sure if he's healthy.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he had a few good moments in OTAs filling in at FS as long as Byrd is unsigned. Picked off a few balls I think but I don't really follow those things too closely. He'll be in the mix for snaps in a versatile safety spot in Pettine's defense. Nothing is guaranteed for him but the competition is not of the highest quality.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Well this isn't good news.

Quote:
A league source tells WGR 550 Buffalo he'd be "completely and utterly shocked" if the Bills reached a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player FS Jairus Byrd ahead of Monday's deadline.
Per the source, there are "no talks going on," and "someone would have to seriously cave" for a deal to be reached. Another league source says Byrd is seeking somewhere between Eric Weddle (five years, $19 million guaranteed) and Dashon Goldson (five years, $22 million guaranteed) money. The second source doesn't believe Buffalo values the safety position enough to "pay at that level." The first source hints he doesn't expect Byrd to hold out. "They'll get him to play at a franchise level this year and see how he performs in the new defense."

Sig by the King BK

Quote: