Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-23-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

So it seems like the hype train is carrying Greg Robinson up the draft board, even before his combine numbers. The consensus has been that we take him at 9 but at the moment it doesn't seem like he is going to be there. If that is the case does Taylor Lewan fit into what the team wants? I have to say Eric Ebron is looking pretty good right now. That and Gabe Jackson needs to be on this team.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Marrones press conference: they are going to build off of last years defense, add to it but not Change too much. At least that's what I took away from it. Good to hear.
Let's see how he feels after Byrd is lost to FA and begins to realize Wilson doesn't keep many of his expensive FA's.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
So it seems like the hype train is carrying Greg Robinson up the draft board, even before his combine numbers. The consensus has been that we take him at 9 but at the moment it doesn't seem like he is going to be there. If that is the case does Taylor Lewan fit into what the team wants? I have to say Eric Ebron is looking pretty good right now. That and Gabe Jackson needs to be on this team.
Lets take a look.

Right now I think 3 QB's are going in the top 5 IMO. Consensus is top 8, either way 3 QB's are more than likely off the board by 9, that leaves 5 guys the Bills wont have to choose from.

Clowney looks like he will go #1 or to ATL likely no later than 6, ATL is already about wanting Clowney and moving up. One way or another IMO he is gone by 6. Thats if Houston doesnt go Clowney 1.

Watkins is going to Cleveland, Oakland or T.B. most likely from what I have read.

Khalil Mack fever is reaching an fevered Pitch, I dont see him lasting too long, Mayock thinks #1, Jax, Oakland, T.B. and Minny are all mentioned as well. IMO he is also likely gone by 9.

Lets say St. Louis trades back, which most believe is going to happen, wether it be Clowney or a QB, someone is moving up by the majority of opinions and realistic beliefs IMO. All likelyhood they are taking a tackle, connections to Matthews and Fisher are documented, Robinson fits what he likes and even Lewan looks like he might be making a push. Robinson appears to be the most raw, but the highest upside. Matthews the best technique and NFL ready. Lewan might be becoming the best of the bunch overall with his combine showing.

If Atlanta doesnt get Clowney, they likely go LT.

So.... Imo Buffalo will likely have a T being the highest rated player on the board, and will have thier pick likely of 2 or the top 3 tackles, or one barring a trade will fall. Lewan could be there, and he could fit. Held his own vs. Clowney, showing at the combine that he might be the most athletic of the 3. Robinson or Matthews could be there and any of the three fits at RT. Even long term LT, but I still dont see them replacing Glenn.

3 QB's (maybe 4, Minny reaching)
2 T's (at the most IMO baring a trade up, St. Louis/T.B.)
1 WR (maaaaybe 2 if St. Louis or Minny(?) falls in love with Evans)
1 DE (Dont see anyone other than Clowney going that high)
1 OLB (Maybe 2 if someone takes Barr)

Minny could be interesting, maybe adding Barr into the equation, they could "reach" again for a QB, could take Barr to Pass Rush, they are a bit of a wild card.

To your point, with Ebron running a 4.6, I think he'll be there and one of the tackles, and I think its between the two for us. Either way, the offense would get markedly better. Robinson could be there. Buffalo will land an blue chipper regardless.

I like Jackson as well. Reminds me alot of Warford last year, and loved Warford and had a first round grade on him.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Let's see how he feels after Byrd is lost to FA and begins to realize Wilson doesn't keep many of his expensive FA's.
The extra 3 million in cap room teams are getting will limit the excuses for sure, unless Byrd is completely hell bent on leaving.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lets take a look.

Right now I think 3 QB's are going in the top 5 IMO. Consensus is top 8, either way 3 QB's are more than likely off the board by 9, that leaves 5 guys the Bills wont have to choose from.

Clowney looks like he will go #1 or to ATL likely no later than 6, ATL is already about wanting Clowney and moving up. One way or another IMO he is gone by 6. Thats if Houston doesnt go Clowney 1.

Watkins is going to Cleveland, Oakland or T.B. most likely from what I have read.

Khalil Mack fever is reaching an fevered Pitch, I dont see him lasting too long, Mayock thinks #1, Jax, Oakland, T.B. and Minny are all mentioned as well. IMO he is also likely gone by 9.

Lets say St. Louis trades back, which most believe is going to happen, wether it be Clowney or a QB, someone is moving up by the majority of opinions and realistic beliefs IMO. All likelyhood they are taking a tackle, connections to Matthews and Fisher are documented, Robinson fits what he likes and even Lewan looks like he might be making a push. Robinson appears to be the most raw, but the highest upside. Matthews the best technique and NFL ready. Lewan might be becoming the best of the bunch overall with his combine showing.

If Atlanta doesnt get Clowney, they likely go LT.

So.... Imo Buffalo will likely have a T being the highest rated player on the board, and will have thier pick likely of 2 or the top 3 tackles, or one barring a trade will fall. Lewan could be there, and he could fit. Held his own vs. Clowney, showing at the combine that he might be the most athletic of the 3. Robinson or Matthews could be there and any of the three fits at RT. Even long term LT, but I still dont see them replacing Glenn.

3 QB's (maybe 4, Minny reaching)
2 T's (at the most IMO baring a trade up, St. Louis/T.B.)
1 WR (maaaaybe 2 if St. Louis or Minny(?) falls in love with Evans)
1 DE (Dont see anyone other than Clowney going that high)
1 OLB (Maybe 2 if someone takes Barr)

Minny could be interesting, maybe adding Barr into the equation, they could "reach" again for a QB, could take Barr to Pass Rush, they are a bit of a wild card.

To your point, with Ebron running a 4.6, I think he'll be there and one of the tackles, and I think its between the two for us. Either way, the offense would get markedly better. Robinson could be there. Buffalo will land an blue chipper regardless.

I like Jackson as well. Reminds me alot of Warford last year, and loved Warford and had a first round grade on him.

Pretty well how I see it as well although I think Lewan will be the only OT available of the top 3. Of course one of the CB's or a Safety might also be taken.

I like Xavier Su'a-Filo a little better than Jackson but Jackson is a solid mauler.

I think we will be choosing between Ebron, Evans and Lewan, cannot go wrong with this bunch. If Byrd walks then a Safety is likely in the conversation.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
I think we will be choosing between Ebron, Evans and Lewan, cannot go wrong with this bunch. If Byrd walks then a Safety is likely in the conversation.
I don't think we'll have to worry about that last part. The talk is if worst comes to worst the front office will franchise Byrd again. On that note, this can't be a good thing. I don't see how he would be happy with this at all.
Maybe we trade him afterward?

Anyway.. even if he were to walk, I feel one of the young safeties would step in. That or bring in a lower tiered free agent to replace him. Drafting a safety at this point would be a waste.

My assumption right now is that the pick will be Ebron or Lewan.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pretty well how I see it as well although I think Lewan will be the only OT available of the top 3. Of course one of the CB's or a Safety might also be taken.

I like Xavier Su'a-Filo a little better than Jackson but Jackson is a solid mauler.

I would think so as well, although his combine performance has given me pause, as it was the best of the three.

Usually there is a wild card in the top ten, which leads me to beleive there is an outside chance 2 of them maybe available.

I have Filo rated higher overall myself, but either way I'd be happy with either.

I dont see Byrd walking, but I agree a Tackle (I love Robinson and Matthews, but am coming around on Lewan), Ebron or even Evans is in consideration, but with the the possibility of landing a Moncrief or other WR in the 2nd (hell even a guy in the 3rd at WR), the pick should be a Tackle or Ebron.

Not sure I see a top ten safety, but thats a personal opinion.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think we'll have to worry about that last part. The talk is if worst comes to worst the front office will franchise Byrd again. On that note, this can't be a good thing. I don't see how he would be happy with this at all.
Maybe we trade him afterward?

Anyway.. even if he were to walk, I feel one of the young safeties would step in. That or bring in a lower tiered free agent to replace him. Drafting a safety at this point would be a waste.

My assumption right now is that the pick will be Ebron or Lewan.
I dont see how they dont franchise him at worst and trade him, there are only a handful of safeties in this draft worth a crap, then the talent level IMO falls off into oblivion. So trading afterword would be real possibility, as there is a great need. I think he could be replaced with a guy on the roster as well, but there would be a drop off in talent.

Regardless, IMO safety would be a late round possibility at best either way.

Im buying TE or T with the 9th pick, if they go BPA like Marrone said it makes the most sense. Although I still question taking a RT or TE in the top 10 with this management group, and in general, neither happen often if at all with RT.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont see how they dont franchise him at worst and trade him, there are only a handful of safeties in this draft worth a crap, then the talent level IMO falls off into oblivion. So trading afterword would be real possibility, as there is a great need. I think he could be replaced with a guy on the roster as well, but there would be a drop off in talent.

Regardless, IMO safety would be a late round possibility at best either way.

Im buying TE or T with the 9th pick, if they go BPA like Marrone said it makes the most sense. Although I still question taking a RT or TE in the top 10 with this management group, and in general, neither happen often if at all with RT.
As for losing Byrd, Wilson's track record speaks for itself, he is very reluctant to pay big dollars to anybody, he'll either trade them or simply allow them to enter FA.

Lewan I really like because in a year, he could switch sides with Glenn and we would probably have one of the best OL's in pro football, so in reality you are drafting a LT not a RT if they think Lewan has a much higher upside than Glenn as a LT.

I do agree that WR is loaded in this draft and therefore waiting till round 2 makes sense in theory, but you never know when a rush to draft WR's will begin and when you add in that a lot of teams will put off drafting a WR till round 2, the picking could get pretty bare if it happens before we pick in round 2.

I agree that the Safety pickings will be slim and especially after Pryor and Clinton-Dix get taken, so if Bryd goes, a Safety at 9 isn't out of the question. Unfortunately, under Wilson, we often have to use the draft to replace rather than to improve the team.

One thing is clear, we should be getting at least 2 studs in this year's draft with the possibility of 4 or 5 starters, that's how deep this draft is. If we fail to accomplish this goal, the team will suffer for years to come.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As for losing Byrd, Wilson's track record speaks for itself, he is very reluctant to pay big dollars to anybody, he'll either trade them or simply allow them to enter FA.

Lewan I really like because in a year, he could switch sides with Glenn and we would probably have one of the best OL's in pro football, so in reality you are drafting a LT not a RT if they think Lewan has a much higher upside than Glenn as a LT.

I do agree that WR is loaded in this draft and therefore waiting till round 2 makes sense in theory, but you never know when a rush to draft WR's will begin and when you add in that a lot of teams will put off drafting a WR till round 2, the picking could get pretty bare if it happens before we pick in round 2.

I agree that the Safety pickings will be slim and especially after Pryor and Clinton-Dix get taken, so if Bryd goes, a Safety at 9 isn't out of the question. Unfortunately, under Wilson, we often have to use the draft to replace rather than to improve the team.

One thing is clear, we should be getting at least 2 studs in this year's draft with the possibility of 4 or 5 starters, that's how deep this draft is. If we fail to accomplish this goal, the team will suffer for years to come.
After hearing the numbers and highest paid stuff floating around, I don't think Wilson's wallet is the issue with Byrd, looks like he wants to leave, and likely wanted to the whole time.
Not sure why they didn't tag him again, anyone know if they could have transitioned him?

As for this draft, I have 40+ firs. Round grades, 49 but I'm adjusting a couple, I agree 2 studs and 4 possible immediate starters sounds right, this draft is a chance to make this teams future bright.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
As for this draft, I have 40+ firs. Round grades, 49 but I'm adjusting a couple, I agree 2 studs and 4 possible immediate starters sounds right, this draft is a chance to make this teams future bright.
With this I wonder if a trade down would once again be both possible and the best option. Granted, if the player you want is there at 9 you have to take them. However, if we can get comparable value at 5 or 6 spots back while picking up an extra pick I would be pretty tempted to accept.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
After hearing the numbers and highest paid stuff floating around, I don't think Wilson's wallet is the issue with Byrd, looks like he wants to leave, and likely wanted to the whole time.
Not sure why they didn't tag him again, anyone know if they could have transitioned him?

Or if we fail, it could set up our Division contenders even more.

Wilson didn't pay Clemons(sp), he didn't pay Winfield, he didn't pat Peters when they all reached FA, get the pattern. He just doesn't have the money to keep a lot of his FA's. Byrd knows this which is why he simply wants to leave, he knows Buffalo will never spend the money under Wilson to ever be a contender. Wilson was a great owner prior to the existence of FA, but once FA came into being, we are perennial bottom feeders.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-05-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
With this I wonder if a trade down would once again be both possible and the best option. Granted, if the player you want is there at 9 you have to take them. However, if we can get comparable value at 5 or 6 spots back while picking up an extra pick I would be pretty tempted to accept.
According to those on NFL.com, there are 20 picks in this year's draft who could have gone top 5 last year, so there is little likelihood that trading back will be possible. This draft is so deep and talented that every pick will be treated like gold and teams will be exceptionally reluctant to give up any picks, but we can always dream.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Or if we fail, it could set up our Division contenders even more.

Wilson didn't pay Clemons(sp), he didn't pay Winfield, he didn't pat Peters when they all reached FA, get the pattern. He just doesn't have the money to keep a lot of his FA's. Byrd knows this which is why he simply wants to leave, he knows Buffalo will never spend the money under Wilson to ever be a contender. Wilson was a great owner prior to the existence of FA, but once FA came into being, we are perennial bottom feeders.
Clemments wanted to be the highest paid corner in the league, which he got to be. The problem was he was starting to show signs of breaking down, which he did, within 2 years of signing that contract, the 9ers were regreting it and trying to dump him. I cant blame the Bills for that, he was not worth it iMO.

Winfield was 5-9 corner who had something like one or two picks in the last two years in buffalo. The money Minny paid him and the Jets tried to pay him was not worth it for a guy who was not that good of a pass defender, with questionable hands. He was great in run support and had play making ability, but he got something like 12+ million at the time upfront (which was huge money then), which was too much for a guy who was not a shut down type corner. He was a great fit for what Minny did, so it worked out nice for them, but IMO they over paid.

It would have been nice to keep them, but I dont blame them, they both got over paid by other teams. Winfield had an impact, but Clements decline there after was quick.

Peters is another story, they developed him, but putting hindsight aside (how good he has been), he acted like a total jack-@$$ and big baby 2 years into a 5 year deal he signed, did everything in his power to get traded, it had nothing to do with FA. When they traded him he had 2 or 3 years left on his deal, which they gave him a lucrative extension that they did not have to back in 05 or 06. His last year in Buffalo he did not play hard, skipped out on everything up to the first game or the year, and I thought intentionally played like $h!t. He force Buffalo's hand. How many teams renegotiate a deal 2 years into a contract with 3left? Im drawing a blank...
If he had waited until year 4, and kept playing like he did originally, I think they would have paid him, but they were never given the oppurtunity so we will never know.

As for guys like Levitre, I cant find many Titans fans that think he is not over paid and that was a bad contract.

Alot of Bills fans thought Wilson did not want to pay Pat Williams, but thats not true, Tom Donahoe (who was a total Jack @$$) f'ed up that whole situation, along with others.

Regardless, they offered Byrd the type of contract that would make him the highest paid FS in the league. This two years after over paying Mario and making him the highest paid defender in the league. Apparently both sides are playing the "So your telling me theres a chance!" card. Maybe, but with teams having an extra 7 million to spend over the originally projected cap, someone is going to give him a bunch more money than he is worth, and I think he is worth alot. Goldson got 22 million gauranteed last year, and he is not nearly as good in coverage. IMO Byrd is playing the numbers game that he can get more else where and worse case for him, he has an offer on the table that would still make him a ton of money from Buffalo, but I dont see him coming back. He'll get a ton of money on the open market. Its not like the Ralph told Whaley not to pay him, 30 million gauranteed for the first 3 years (Im going with that as being legit), when Goldson got 22? C'mon man....
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
According to those on NFL.com, there are 20 picks in this year's draft who could have gone top 5 last year, so there is little likelihood that trading back will be possible. This draft is so deep and talented that every pick will be treated like gold and teams will be exceptionally reluctant to give up any picks, but we can always dream.
I would love to see them trade back and take advantage of the depth in this draft. Like Canadian said the depth IMO as well, will make that less likely. Teams fall in love with players so anything is possible. I think if a guy they love is there at 9 they take him, if not and they can move down, I think they would. They showed last year they are willing to do so.

I do think that there are a couple guys teams will be looking to move up for, but I am not sure they are going to be as willing to pull the trigger this year.

I think the best thing to do is move back and pick up a extra 2 plus what ever else you can, IMO taking advantage of the depth in this draft is the way to go for the long term health of the franchise.

Just for $h!ts and giggles...

Trade back and land a Ha-Ha Dix to replace Byrd at FS, then in the second land Kyle Van Noy at OLB, and Tiny Richardson at RT. This would be better IMO than taking say Lewan (or whomever) at 9 and then taking KVN with the second pick.

Or trading back and landing a guy like Mosley or Barr in the first, then taking say Moncrief (WR) and Jimmy Ward (FS) in the second in losing Byrd. Then maybe Sentreal Henderson (RT) in the third.

Lastly... Say the replacement for Byrd was drafted last year.
Trade back, take Mosley/Barr in the first, Moncrief and Tiny in the second.

All of which sounds better than say Lewan/Evans in the first and whomever in the second IMO. Dreams....
Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I've heard Mayock say over and over, that the 1st 20 picks in this year's draft would all have competed for a top 5 pick in last year's draft.

I agree that teams will love picking up extra picks in this great draft, but I see a draft where, because of the talent, the teams giving up picks will be very reluctant to do so. Where normally, you might offer say a 3rd rounder to move up one or a couple of spots, teams will only offer a 4th, since a 4th in this deep draft is like a 3rd in most draft years.

I think that could really stall trading because teams will think that giving up a 4th is like giving up a real potential starter and thus will want to hold on to every pick they have.

Teams drafting in the top 20 will also realize that they are going to get a top 5 talent if they stay put, so the need to trade up gets a lot more diminished.

Finally, I'd say any team that doesn't come out of this draft with at least 3 very solid starters is going to have trouble competing for the next 5 or 6 years, even the 4th round pick will have serious starter ability. Teams that draft well, will be in heaven as it will be a draft where we all look back and say, if only.

I'd bet money that every team drafting this year will try to trade back for extra picks, I'd also say picking up an extra 2nd will be near impossible, trading back is far more likely to fetch a 4th in this talented draft.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-05-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellow Bills fans! I would like to take this opportunity to say: Ellis "The Sex" Lankster is still an employed, active NFL football player. Albeit, he's a Jet, but still, saying a lot since Aaron Maybin was our 1st Round Pick that year. And who were the only people to believe in The Sex Lankster! This heralded group right here! Pat yourselves on your backs, boys

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

http://www.stutteringhelp.org/conten...ing-foundation

Really though. The guy is a stud.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I see Wilson would come up with an extra million to keep Byrd, that's all it would have taken to retain him. He wanted 9 million a year and that is what the Saints paid him, Wilson only offered in the 8 million range.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I see Wilson would come up with an extra million to keep Byrd, that's all it would have taken to retain him. He wanted 9 million a year and that is what the Saints paid him, Wilson only offered in the 8 million range.
If you can find a link to how much the Bills were offering would you mind posting it, I can find anything. Intersting the Bills were reportedly offering 30 million garaunteed, yet he signed for 28 million garaunteed. Would love to know the other details of the Bills offer vs. the Saints. I have little doubt the potential value was more from the Saints, who I thought had like 3 million to spend, how did they swing this?
If its all about the garaunteed money, its interesting he left.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Default Now I am perplexed...

Signing Carpenter back = A+ move

Chris Williams??? 4 years/13.5 million, 5.5 gauranteed?? WTF....
The same disapointment the Bears and Rams let go with no worries...
F- move.
I almost want to vomit, how is he still in the league?...

p.s. can anyone talk me down from the figurative ledge?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you can find a link to how much the Bills were offering would you mind posting it, I can find anything. Intersting the Bills were reportedly offering 30 million garaunteed, yet he signed for 28 million garaunteed. Would love to know the other details of the Bills offer vs. the Saints. I have little doubt the potential value was more from the Saints, who I thought had like 3 million to spend, how did they swing this?
If its all about the garaunteed money, its interesting he left.
They said on NFL.com that Byrd turned down an eight million dollar contract offer from the Bills because he strongly believed he could get 9 million on the open market and that the Bills wouldn't go to 9 million. The franchise tag for a Safety is 8.433 million which is probably what they offered him, but he wanted to see if he could get more. Really cannot blame him, football is one tough sport where your body gets used up and if your in it for the money, you might as well maximize your return.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
No. But i'll meet you there with a bottle of whiskey.

The Williams signing is even worse with the fact that the giants picked up Schwartz for relatively nothing more. Makes me sick.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:47 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris Williams??? 4 years/13.5 million, 5.5 gauranteed?? WTF....
The same disapointment the Bears and Rams let go with no worries...
F- move.
I almost want to vomit, how is he still in the league?...

ArkyRamsFan here: I feel compelled to answer this question....

Yeah, unfortunately, he is in fact who you think he is. One of the worst rated guards on PFF if you like their analysis.

Probably the best thing about him is that he is somewhat versatile and can play both guard and tackle. Just not very well....

Now, slowly step back from the ledge....do not look down.....this too shall pass......someday after hoisting the Lombardi you will look back at this and smile.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They said on NFL.com that Byrd turned down an eight million dollar contract offer from the Bills because he strongly believed he could get 9 million on the open market and that the Bills wouldn't go to 9 million. The franchise tag for a Safety is 8.433 million which is probably what they offered him, but he wanted to see if he could get more. Really cannot blame him, football is one tough sport where your body gets used up and if your in it for the money, you might as well maximize your return.
I dont blame him either, when it comes down to it there is no loyalty between teams and players. Get what you can, the majority do.
As for Byrd, I would love to know the specifics of the Bills offer, if the 30 million garaunteed is to be believed and he got 28 from the Saints, it would be interesting to know the rest, as I keep hearing Bill Polian and others say; "It about the gauranteed money." Rumor has it the contract he signed with NOLA is back loaded, i'll be interested to see it as well, especially if the speculation is true its really a 3/4 year deal

Last edited by Poz51 : 03-13-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote