Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
pysseddoph
Rookie

pysseddoph hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just wondering how many people have actually thought the bills situation through as far as nate goes. how many people here do understand that in the event that we keep nate ... he would remain the starter BUT over on the other side mcgee would be in a fight to keep his job vs yobouty. imo that is what marv was really referring to. remember mcgee got benched for substandard play during a game. even prior to that game, whenever the bills went to their nickle package, mcgee slid inside to play nickle and thomas became the other outside db.

what i am saying is, i find it interesting that many people just have not even addressed this issue. i hear all the time how you dont need a cornerback with nate's ability in the cover 2 but as bills fans we have seen 1st hand what the result is when someone of lessor ability is picked on. they become a liability just like mcgee. mcgee is a great nickle back BUT as a starting corner he needs that constant safety help over the top and regardless if we run the cover 2 as our base or not WE ARE NOT ALWAYS IN A COVER 2. the bills played their fair amount of cover 3 as well as a fair amount of 44 after the break. the coer 2 may be our base but it is not the only scheme we will run. we let nate go and we have 2 big question marks instead of a small one because with nate gone the pressure is more on yobouty to step up along with who ever else the bills bring in. with nate here the pressure isnt as much because you could split time with yobouty and mcgee and the other corner spot til yobouty eventually takes it because mcgee is a great nickle back at best.
pysseddoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
YOUR 2007-08 BUFFALO BILLS (in my opinion of course)

The Offense

WR2 - Peerless Price/Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish
Another year of WR by committee for that 2nd spot.

The Defense

SLB - FA/Keith Ellison
I'm beginning to agree with people thinking Takeo will be a cut. Ellison filled in a few times at SLB and played well, I trust him there and feel he could start next year but I'd much rather pickup a FA to man this spot. Here's to hoping Dick Jauron can bring in SLB Boss Bailey from the Lions.

MLB - Angelo Crowell
With London departing in FA, I think the staff will move Crowell inside since he'll be the leader of our LBs next year. It's a new era and our "new veteran" will man the middle and make the calls. Angelo's a good fit here.

WLB - Draft
Lawrence Timmons round 1 or Beason/Siler/Everett round 2.

Last Prediction: 2nd place AFCE, Playoffs!
i LOVE everything else (thats why i deleted it - just to note) - but a WR has to be gotten in the draft in rd1-3 somewhere. A FA naw, cause the money isnt worth it for Bennett, Stallworth, or Curtis. But rd1-3, somewhere grab a guy (Jarrett, Bowe rd1, or Rice, Meachum rd2 possib)....someone.

LB - Keep TKO, no reson to cut him, good guy, no need to clear cap room either, it takes over a year to FULLY come back anyway, so no worries there. But still another LB is necessary, while Ellison is a GREAT fill (with C.Wire as well at OLB, his originol position outta Stanford) Ellison isnt yet starting material.

CB - totally agree, getta vet to rotate 3, maybe even a rd4 guy too, to be a ncie 4th for us.

Overall tho, i like it alot, and eff 2nd place, why not first, NE isnt too scary if you REALLY look at 'em.
Nice job.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarBill3181
Overall tho, i like it alot, and eff 2nd place, why not first, NE isnt too scary if you REALLY look at 'em.
Nice job.
But we have yet to beat them with Losman, we'll see. I think next years the year and we'll at least split with them. And definetly, F 2nd, I'm all for taking 1st away from them clam chowda bastads.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
DCBills
Rookie

DCBills hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

forget Boss Baily - he's a guy I was really intrigued by when he was drafted because of his speed but the guy has just been a major dissapointment, not aggressive - which seems to run counter to Marv's indications of what they are looking for, and often injured. I loved him in Madden though.
DCBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
losabio

ya i wouldnt want to see Boss Bailey come to Buffalo. Im not sure who i rather see come....i can honestly say Adalius Thomas would be nice.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DWhitner20 are you FLABILLSFAN on the BB message board?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yep.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
YOUR 2007-08 BUFFALO BILLS (in my opinion of course)

The Offense

WR2 - Peerless Price/Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish
Another year of WR by committee for that 2nd spot.

TE - Robert Royal
We'll see him get involved more in the passing game.

LG - FA/Draft
Most likley FA pickup to start here.(Steinbach, Deilman, Dockery, Scott?)

The Defense

DE - Anthony Hargrove/Ryan Denney
We wont retain Kelsay, he'll hit the FA market. Hargrove and Denney will replace him, don't expect a fall off in production as Kelsay was just mediocre. Hargrove could be better.

SLB - FA/Keith Ellison
I'm beginning to agree with people thinking Takeo will be a cut. Ellison filled in a few times at SLB and played well, I trust him there and feel he could start next year but I'd much rather pickup a FA to man this spot. Here's to hoping Dick Jauron can bring in SLB Boss Bailey from the Lions.

MLB - Angelo Crowell
With London departing in FA, I think the staff will move Crowell inside since he'll be the leader of our LBs next year. It's a new era and our "new veteran" will man the middle and make the calls. Angelo's a good fit here.

WLB - Draft
Lawrence Timmons round 1 or Beason/Siler/Everett round 2.

Last Prediction: 2nd place AFCE, Playoffs!
I liked the team, but i think there is a possibilty that london fletchers departure will be a non factor. Was Fletchers stats padded because the d line was so bad, or is he really that good? A healthy McCargo can relieve the pressure of the linebackers. Also Takeo at 80% is still as good as many linebackers and he is a leader on the defense. If someone is available that is better than Triplet or another DE that can disrupt the QB then that is a good pick. They would have to be ready to play on day one though. Otherwise I see the defense being better against the run this year without drafting a LB in the 12th spot. Just not great.

I see only one "impact" player worth staying at number 12 for and that is Dwayne Jarrett. He is all over the first round depending on the mock you look at but it would fill a need, and he could change the whole look for the passing game, and make the offense look better. It is time that bills stopped looking to the special teams and defense to help win games. You need an offense too.
Other than that a trade down makes sense. Depending on what happens at the combine and who is left on the boards, going to the 20th to the 30th spot gives the bills a shot at a good WR, LB, OL, TE or FB that can catch. A good TE , WR, or FB, can start for the team, making them a "value " player. Regaurdless of what Levy says, these postions are needs and he maybe just blowing smoke beore the draft.
And, I think Gandy will be resigned.

My big board
Dwane Jarrett / Dwayne Bowe/ Sidney Rice
Jarvis Moss
Zach Miller or Greg Olsen
Le'Ron Mclain
Manuel Ramirez
Tanard Jackson
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Few questions on Chris Kelsay:

From his stats he is looks solid. Was he a starter this year? LDE or RDE?

Also how is he against the run?

And in general what do you think of him?
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Hawaii's coach June Jones on the radio yesterday... He said the Bills called him to ask about DE Mel Purcell. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Purcell plays viciously and was way more productive than Alama-Francis, but I guess doesn't have the same NFL measurables. Still hella good and plenty big enough to play as a 4-3 DE. If you get him, props to your staff.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOT
Few questions on Chris Kelsay:

From his stats he is looks solid. Was he a starter this year? LDE or RDE?

Also how is he against the run?

And in general what do you think of him?
He rotated with Ryan Denney at the LDE. Him and Denney basically combined to form 1 DE, notching 11.5 sacks combined. He was definitely a liability in my mind against the run, much more so then Denney. I don't like Kelsay that much - he was a 2nd round pick and never lived up to that selection. He would be a nice rotation guy for cheap but he will make more money than he is worth in FA.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I heard Hawaii's coach June Jones on the radio yesterday... He said the Bills called him to ask about DE Mel Purcell. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Purcell plays viciously and was way more productive than Alama-Francis, but I guess doesn't have the same NFL measurables. Still hella good and plenty big enough to play as a 4-3 DE. If you get him, props to your staff.
Thanks for the info, D, I'll have to do some research on him.

The scouting that we have done on DE lead me to believe that Kelsay will not be back next year. We will definitely re-sign RFA Hargrove (probably low tender) because we gave up a 5th rounder for him and if we don't we basically used a 5th rounder on half of a season of play. I think the writing has been on the wall for Kelsay since midseason.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

2 Quick Mocks

I am assuming that Fletcher is gone in both because he will be in real life.

1st Scenario - If Clements Stays...
#12) OLB Lawrence Timmons (FSU)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)/Manuel Ramirez (Texas Tech)

1st 3rd Round) DT Brandon Mebane (California)

2nd 3rd Round) RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Marshall)

4th Round) WR Mike Walker (Central Florida)

6th Round) CB Ramzee Robinson (Alabama)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)

2nd Scenario - If Clements Goes...
#12) CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OLB Jon Beason (Miami)/Brandon Siler (Florida)/Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma)/Earl Everett (Florida)

1st 3rd Round) WR Jason Hill (Washington State)

4th Round) OG Kurt Quarterman (Louisville)

6th Round) DT Walter Thomas (Northwest Mississippi CC)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)
Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
losabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
2 Quick Mocks

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)/Manuel Ramirez (Texas Tech)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OLB Jon Beason (Miami)/Brandon Siler (Florida)/Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma)/Earl Everett (Florida)

I disagree with whta you say if clements goes. Marv Levy has already said that he wants to draft an impact player, someone who can help make an impact instantly. Revis wont be ready for a few years. they may pick up a CB later on in the draft, but they should see this one out through FA. For the most part, Id rather see Jon Cornish come to Buffalo as opposed to Ahmad Bradshaw. Cornish has the speed, hands, blocking ability, and power to be great. I really like him. In the first if i were the Bills i would probably take Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, possibly going with a WR in Jarret or Bowe, maybe Meachem (he will be a reach tho at this pick). Those are prettty much the option they have. I would say Adrian Peterson if he were to fall (i doubt it).
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

Dont mind the first mock at all though i personally would rather take Patrick Willis which may open up the possibility to trade down into late round one and still make the best choice for our team while also adding a second or third round pick. If Willis's value continues to stay right around the end of round one no doubt i believe that would be the best option for our franchise to pursue.

Dont care for the second mock at all as i would much rather take leon hall over revis as imo he is the much better all-around corner. Unless you predict hall is gone by 12 i would rather select a linebacker or a wideout. Wouldnt mind the second round selection of beason and jason hill as our thrid round pick. Oh and there is no way in hell Le'ron mcclain will be there in the 7th round, i only see his stock rising in the combine and imo will be a 4th to 5th round selection, afterall he is the best actual fullback in the draft other than leonard, who is more of a runningback or h-back in nfl systems.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26
Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

I disagree with whta you say if clements goes. Marv Levy has already said that he wants to draft an impact player, someone who can help make an impact instantly. Revis wont be ready for a few years. they may pick up a CB later on in the draft, but they should see this one out through FA. For the most part, Id rather see Jon Cornish come to Buffalo as opposed to Ahmad Bradshaw. Cornish has the speed, hands, blocking ability, and power to be great. I really like him. In the first if i were the Bills i would probably take Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, possibly going with a WR in Jarret or Bowe, maybe Meachem (he will be a reach tho at this pick). Those are prettty much the option they have. I would say Adrian Peterson if he were to fall (i doubt it).
Revis could come in and start right away. He's a stud and a very similar player to Nate Clements. Bradshaw is a much better prospect than Cornish, IMO.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeebe82
Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

Dont mind the first mock at all though i personally would rather take Patrick Willis which may open up the possibility to trade down into late round one and still make the best choice for our team while also adding a second or third round pick. If Willis's value continues to stay right around the end of round one no doubt i believe that would be the best option for our franchise to pursue.

Dont care for the second mock at all as i would much rather take leon hall over revis as imo he is the much better all-around corner. Unless you predict hall is gone by 12 i would rather select a linebacker or a wideout. Wouldnt mind the second round selection of beason and jason hill as our thrid round pick. Oh and there is no way in hell Le'ron mcclain will be there in the 7th round, i only see his stock rising in the combine and imo will be a 4th to 5th round selection, afterall he is the best actual fullback in the draft other than leonard, who is more of a runningback or h-back in nfl systems.
Timmons over Willis all day for me.
I'm very skeptical of Hall and I think Revis is the better pro prospect.
People's draft position is never obvious, but I put the slashes there because I expect McClain will be gone. He could be there but it is probably a slim possibility.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I am a Syracuse fan and I have seen Darrelle Revis shut down our WR's so I obviously like him as a CB.

For those who haven't seen him play, read Scott's Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ellerevis.html) on him and tell me he doesn't sound just like Nate Clements.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

Revis could come in and start right away. He's a stud and a very similar player to Nate Clements. Bradshaw is a much better prospect than Cornish, IMO.
but theres no need to "break the bank" for a cover2 CB.
im nto saying put anyone in there, but a rotation of a vet FA, youbouty, and mcgee would be fine.
Nick Harper is a guy mentioned whod fit nice.

Willis is too high @12 its looking, but trading down for him would be cool. (But look we took Whitner 8, so w/e, id still be happy for sure with P-Will)

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarBill3181
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

but theres no need to "break the bank" for a cover2 CB.
im nto saying put anyone in there, but a rotation of a vet FA, youbouty, and mcgee would be fine.
Nick Harper is a guy mentioned whod fit nice.

Willis is too high @12 its looking, but trading down for him would be cool. (But look we took Whitner 8, so w/e, id still be happy for sure with P-Will)
I think it's clear that we want to build a great secondary and there is obviously no guarantee that we could get Harper. Obviously this mock could/will change after FA depending on if we re-sign Clements and if we sign anyone else.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Quote:
I am a Syracuse fan and I have seen Darrelle Revis shut down our WR's so I obviously like him as a CB.

For those who haven't seen him play, read Scott's Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ellerevis.html) on him and tell me he doesn't sound just like Nate Clements.
Im also a huge Syracuse fan (more basketball than anything) but i have to poke fun at that comment because shutting down Cuse's offense is nothing heroic lol, they improved last year but the year before there were absolutly horrible.

Do you think we could trade down and still pick Revis up in the 20ish range. Im sure one "elite" corner could drop to that position whether it be revis or hall.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
losabio

the bills shouldnt even think about taking a CB first round. I dont care if it is Revis, Hall or Rogers, they are not ready to step in a start. They cannot cover a #1 WR, and even though they dont need a stud at CB in a cover 2, they still need a good one to help Witner out. I really like Nick Narper and think he could fit in well.

Willis may be a reach at 12, but i think it would be good, they could trade down a few spots and pick up some picks, but Timmons would also help. I think the Bills are ready to take a WR, RB or LB at this pick. Like I already states, Marv said he wants to draft a player who can make an impact come week 1. WR, LB and RB will be able to help out immediately.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good point, but who's Rogers?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I know that this isn't Bills related, but did anyone else see the Sabres and Senators brawl?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Quote:
I know that this isn't Bills related, but did anyone else see the Sabres and Senators brawl?
A few of my friends went to it and got box seats. I watched it on tv. One of friends knows Kaleta real well and we watched to see how his first big league game went. I think he got a little more physical than he thought he would get lol. Ive never seen a fight like that when the two goalies eventually duke it out.

Sabres did the right thing though, have to stick up for your co-captain after a late hit like that.