Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
losabio

ya man Rogers is Aaron Rogers from Texas.

I saw the brawl at the sabres, I was there. Andrew PEters will get suspended for sure, he cant come into a fight like that. But as much as i like Biron, he got handled by Emery. And let me tell you guys something funny, when i went home and watched the highlights of the game, Ray Emery was laughing when he faught Biron the whole time, and still was laughing as Peters was poundind gim in the face. lol. it was jokes to see.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That would be Aaron Ross.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
losabio

ya my bad, i was just about to change that, thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some inside info for you guys.

Houston and Baltimore are trying to acquire Willis McGahee with thier 2nd round picks.

T.J. Duckett to Buffalo has a great chance of happening.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right

Houston and Baltimore are trying to acquire Willis McGahee with thier 2nd round picks.
That would be awesome, to get a 2nd as early as Houstons.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:

Let's not forget that McGahee's gone in that scenario.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26
ya man Rogers is Aaron Rogers from Texas.

I saw the brawl at the sabres, I was there. Andrew PEters will get suspended for sure, he cant come into a fight like that. But as much as i like Biron, he got handled by Emery. And let me tell you guys something funny, when i went home and watched the highlights of the game, Ray Emery was laughing when he faught Biron the whole time, and still was laughing as Peters was poundind gim in the face. lol. it was jokes to see.
If anyone didn't see the brawl here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPhqXj_24I
Old 02-23-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

T.J. Duckett to Buffalo has a great chance of happening.
What's your source? I'd definitely pull the trigger on a McGahee to Houston for the #39 pick.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
losabio

ya i want to see a source here as well. i think i would trade it to houston too. if that deal were to happen i would take marshawn lynch at 12 unless peterson fell, then fill up with a LB in the 2nd.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:

Let's not forget that McGahee's gone in that scenario.
if the browns don't take AP at #3, you trade mcgahee that second to the texans, then they would not take him at #8, and we get AP at #12 and the #39 pick.

i would be very happy. :D
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
losabio

i love it....i would pull the trigger immediatley, but i still want to see a source.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My source is an insider on another site.

What I really like is the idea of bringing T.J. Duckett over here and then draft the all purpose back like Jackson, Booker, Walker to compliment Duckett.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remember, this is a weak draft year, a 2nd rounder is more like a 3rd rounder which can easily turnout to be a flop.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Just remember, this is a weak draft year, a 2nd rounder is more like a 3rd rounder which can easily turnout to be a flop.
how do you figure this is a weak draft year? It is actually quite good.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You have probably heard..

But NFL Sirius radio, as well as Chris Brown the reporter for the Bills have said that Rees the GM for the Giants in his combine press conference has mentioned that the Giants have had talks to the Bills about aquiring Willis McGahee
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

You have probably heard..

But NFL Sirius radio, as well as Chris Brown the reporter for the Bills have said that Rees the GM for the Giants in his combine press conference has mentioned that the Giants have had talks to the Bills about aquiring Willis McGahee
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778174

Bills put McGahee on trading block, Giants interested
With Barber gone, Giants show interest in McGahee
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Buffalo Bills are using part of their time here at the NFL scouting combine this weekend to apprise teams that starting tailback Willis McGahee is available via trade, and it appears they have attracted the interest of at least one potential suitor.

Jerry Reese, the first-year general manager of the New York Giants, acknowledged Saturday morning that his team has some interest in McGahee, a four-year veteran who has twice posted 1,000-yard seasons.

"There is some talk about Willis out there," Reese said. "We'll investigate Willis. We'll investigate everybody out there with trade talks. We'll leave no stones unturned."

The Giants are seeking to bolster a tailback depth chart thinned by the retirement of star Tiki Barber, and where two-year veteran Brandon Jacobs is now the nominal starter. The Giants feel Jacobs has a strong upside, but Barber's former backup has logged just 134 carries in two seasons.

Jacobs carried 96 times for 423 yards in 2006, but he posted double-digit rushing attempts in only three games and will have to demonstrate in camp that he is able to assume the workhorse load that Barber once shouldered. The ideal situation, Reese allowed, would be for Jacobs to win the starting job and for the team to have a complementary back, maybe a veteran, on hand as well.

"We're looking for Brandon to probably carry the ball 20 times and for another running back [to carry] 15 times," Reese said. "[Jacobs] will carry the maximum amount of the load for us, I'm assuming, if everything goes like we expect it to."

In truth, though, McGahee is a more accomplished back than Jacobs, and he certainly would compete hard for the No. 1 job if the Giants acquired him. It is not believed that there have been any substantive trade discussions yet between the Giants and the Bills. But officials from other teams confirmed that the Bills are actively pursuing trade partners for McGahee, the team's first-round choice in the 2003 draft.

Buffalo officials seem to have soured on McGahee, who has not asked to be traded, but who is entering the final year of his contract in 2007. McGahee could depart as a free agent after the 2007 season and the Bills, wary of the possibility he could exit with them getting nothing in return, have taken a active stance in trying to find him a new home.

It is not known if any other teams have indicated an interest in McGahee. The former University of Miami standout has appeared in 46 games, including 40 starts, and carried 868 times for 3,365 yards and 24 touchdowns.

McGahee, 25, missed his entire rookie campaign as he recovered from the catastrophic knee injury that ended his college career, then rushed for over 1,000 yards each in 2004 and 2005, before running for 990 yards last season.

In an unrelated move, the Giants reached agreement with two-year veteran linebacker Chase Blackburn on a four-year, $3.5 million contract. Blackburn is expected to vie for a starting job in the Giants' revamped linebacker corps in 2007.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

ProFootballTalk.com reports

Quote:
POSTED 6:00 p.m. EST, February 24, 2007

BEARS QUIETLY SHOPPING BRIGGS

Although teams technically aren't allowed to use the franchise tag solely as a means to obtain trade value for a player who is eligible for unrestricted free agency, there's growing talk/speculation in league circles that the Chicago Bears don't plan to keep linebacker Lance Briggs, and that they applied the franchise to him for the sole purpose of facilitating a trade.

Per a league source, the Bears have talked with several teams about a trade for Briggs. The veteran outside linebacker, who has become a star in the Tampa Two defense, technically will not be under contract until he signs the one-year tender offer that the team has extended to him.

This means that Briggs can skip the entire offseason, training camp, and the preseason before reporting, while still receiving the full amount of the $7.2 million that will be guaranteed as soon as he signs it.
I would EASILY give up the #12 pick for Briggs! Most of us want Willis, Timmons, or Poz with the first round pick.. this kid is a young, PROVEN, Pro-bowl version of what we want these young draftees to be!!

Levy was one of the first during his commentating days in Chicago to say that Briggs was an allstar in the making. He was also drafted by Jauron and enjoyed playing for him! He is a playmaker, and will give the Bills a face and a attitude for thier defense for the next 7 years or so!

Plus if you can get a 2nd for McGahee, they will have two seconds. So you could still have a great draft
Old 02-24-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarBill3181
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26
Quote:
2 Quick Mocks

I am assuming that Fletcher is gone in both because he will be in real life.

1st Scenario - If Clements Stays...
#12) OLB Lawrence Timmons (FSU)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)/Manuel Ramirez (Texas Tech)

1st 3rd Round) DT Brandon Mebane (California)

2nd 3rd Round) RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Marshall)

4th Round) WR Mike Walker (Central Florida)

6th Round) CB Ramzee Robinson (Alabama)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)

2nd Scenario - If Clements Goes...
#12) CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OLB Jon Beason (Miami)/Brandon Siler (Florida)/Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma)/Earl Everett (Florida)

1st 3rd Round) WR Jason Hill (Washington State)

2nd 3rd Round) RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Marshall)

4th Round) OG Kurt Quarterman (Louisville)

6th Round) DT Walter Thomas (Northwest Mississippi CC)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)

I disagree with whta you say if clements goes. Marv Levy has already said that he wants to draft an impact player, someone who can help make an impact instantly. Revis wont be ready for a few years. they may pick up a CB later on in the draft, but they should see this one out through FA. For the most part, Id rather see Jon Cornish come to Buffalo as opposed to Ahmad Bradshaw. Cornish has the speed, hands, blocking ability, and power to be great. I really like him. In the first if i were the Bills i would probably take Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, possibly going with a WR in Jarret or Bowe, maybe Meachem (he will be a reach tho at this pick). Those are prettty much the option they have. I would say Adrian Peterson if he were to fall (i doubt it).
Revis could come in and start right away. He's a stud and a very similar player to Nate Clements. Bradshaw is a much better prospect than Cornish, IMO.
but theres no need to "break the bank" for a cover2 CB.
im nto saying put anyone in there, but a rotation of a vet FA, youbouty, and mcgee would be fine.
Nick Harper is a guy mentioned whod fit nice.

Willis is too high @12 its looking, but trading down for him would be cool. (But look we took Whitner 8, so w/e, id still be happy for sure with P-Will)
I think it's clear that we want to build a great secondary and there is obviously no guarantee that we could get Harper. Obviously this mock could/will change after FA depending on if we re-sign Clements and if we sign anyone else.
see, idk if its that obvious. obv we dont want a crap one lol, but what i assume you mean by great secondary is that we need to get top guys there, which is a rd1 guy or a "break the bank" FA (pretty much just Clements and a couple others i guess).

while there is no guarantee we'd get harper, im simply using him as an example, he'd be a nice one tho too obv. there are alotta applicable FAs we can get to fill the position which is what i more than assume we'll do, but ya never know till ya know, and itll be an intersting offseason for sure (esp. with this "cash to the cap" lol).

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote:
McGahee didn’t spend any time in Buffalo last offseason learning the new playbook under coach Dick Jauron. The Bills are expecting more of the same this offseason.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks (in pass protection) a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.

"He just doesn't study … His teammates noticed it and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room."
Old 02-24-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Bills trade McGahee, would anyone be against drafting Marshawn Lynch at #12? Assuming Peterson doesn't fall to #12...

We could get a RB round one, LB and CB/WR round two, and a lineman round three (offensive or defensive).
Old 02-24-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

I would love to draft Marshawn Lynch.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not interested in going RB in round one. The draft has shown in recent history you can get a RB in the later first day rounds that can be productive. I'd rather go DL or LB in round 1, and go after a RB in rounds 2 or 3, along the lines of Bush, Booker, or Walker.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
DBeebe82

I agree with BuffaloDraftGeek, if AD doesnt slip to number twelve i would prefer to go corner or linebacker in round one and shore up the runningback situation in round two or three. Not the biggest fan of marshawn lynch though no doubt he is an amazing back, not too sure about the bills drafting him regardless though as he is rumored to have character issues and rumored to possibly slip though i cant see the Packers not grabbing him if he falls down to them in the middle of round one.

If we wait and grab lorenzo booker in round 3/4 we would have to bring in a more physical back in fa so if we trade mcgahee i dont see booker as a viable option. I would love to either take kent irons in round 2 or michael bush may be the better option as before the season started he was slated in the first round and may slip into the third if his workouts are dismal. Just my 2cents...
Old 02-25-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch at 12 would be just great. I don't mind the Bush option either
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote