Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 02-25-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Felt a little ignorant when defending bush and irons as i havent watched or read up too much on lynch as i have never looked at him as an option until now due to willis being put on the trading block.

Looked over some video of him and must say i love his breakaway speed and hardnose running. Only attributes that concern me is his durability as he has shared carries his whole career along with his attitude concerns. Less carries can always end up being better as he has ultimately takin less hits. Only question i have is how is he as a blocker?

Last edited by DBeebe82 : 02-25-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-25-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm back from South Florida.

I peed all over the Dolphins training facility for yall.

Can I get some updates please?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill's time was pleasant for the likes of me and art. His value is up around 43. Gonzo is another guy that would fit in to our offense. I also wonder how much mock talk we'll see for Meachem in the 1st now. Damn 40 times putting so much thought into me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
sweetd20
Veteran

sweetd20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I called Buffalo shopping McGahee about two months ago because it just doesn't make sense for them to just lose him for nothing in return next year. If they can get an early 2nd rounder or even a late 1st rounder for him don't be surprised if they package that pick with their 1st and own 2nd rounder to try and get into the Peterson race.
sweetd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to see..

The Bills take a trade with a team for McGahee, possibly getting a second round pick. I would love for them to package a deal for Briggs with the first round pick and probably another like a 3rd.

Then the draft day would go like this..

Lance Briggs
2nd - Best CB - Houston/Hughes/etc.. someone to compete with McGee and Youboty for starting posistion
2nd - Michael Bush - I would like to see a veteran RB picked up even if its ATrain again to split carries like NE, Indy, and Jax did this year.
4th - Interior lineman like a Dan Mozes, some hard nosed kid who likes to get dirty and play his heart out
6th - taller WR to compete for playing time
7th - Melila “Mel” Purcell - DE - hawaii - The Bills were noted about talking to him this weekend. A productive edgerusher
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
losabio

you guys are CRAZY....Marv Levy has already stated that the wants to draft a player in the first round who will be able to help IMMEADIATELY. A corner i will not be able to step in and cover a #1 guy week 1. Its just not gonna happen. A corner later on in the draft is very possible, however I just dont see them drafting a corner day one at least. They have much bigger needs, and they can adress their CB problem through FA. Whos to say the Bills wont resign Clements, they have the money to do so. If not Harper would be a nice fit. I like a LB in round 1, possibly Timmons maybe Willis or Pos. An olineman will not be taken in the first round, and If they do deal Willis McGahee, i would not be upset with Lynch at #12. I could also see a WR being taken if they were to trade down. Other than that the Bills only other choice would be a Dlineman. Those are the positions who could help out immediately.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
you guys are CRAZY....Marv Levy has already stated that the wants to draft a player in the first round who will be able to help IMMEADIATELY. A corner i will not be able to step in and cover a #1 guy week 1. Its just not gonna happen. A corner later on in the draft is very possible, however I just dont see them drafting a corner day one at least. They have much bigger needs, and they can adress their CB problem through FA. Whos to say the Bills wont resign Clements, they have the money to do so. If not Harper would be a nice fit. I like a LB in round 1, possibly Timmons maybe Willis or Pos. An olineman will not be taken in the first round, and If they do deal Willis McGahee, i would not be upset with Lynch at #12. I could also see a WR being taken if they were to trade down. Other than that the Bills only other choice would be a Dlineman. Those are the positions who could help out immediately.

I agree on teh CB thing, getta FA vet whos not too much that is familiar with the cover2 and isnt to shabby, im contenet with that guy, mcgee and youbouty as the top 3. (get a guy rd 4 or 5 too if ya want)

At 12 right now fo our needs, in no order (LB, WR, DT, OG, CB, RB) the guys that fit at 12 are...
A.Okoye, M.Lynch, L.Hall, and D.Revis
Eliminate Hall and Revis due to ym opinion on a rd1 CB in our system.
Eliminate Lynch cause Rd1 RB isnt our best option thsi offseason.
Leaving Okoye, I'm of the "signed Tripplett to decent money and took McCargo rd1 so why take a guy agin?" group, but Okoye is amazing and if thats what it takes, and we can STILL sure up other needs.........fine.

Otherwise we can STILL trade dwon and then you're talkin:
LB: Willis, Timmons, Beason, Posluszny, anda coupel others.
WR: Jarrett, Bowe, Rice, Meachum
OG: Blaylock, Grubbs
RB: Bush, Irons, Pittman

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so you guys know Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City. I'd certainly want him here in Buffalo at the right price.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jared Allen would be a nice end to have opposite of Schobel, I wonder what they'd want in return for him.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't need Allen, we've resigned Kelsay.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4633
Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We wouldn't have gotten Allen anyway. Good with Kelsay though. For once I'm assuming something in free agency and am fine with the 3 man LE rotation that we featured last year
Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay just when we thought Kelsay was out the door we bring him back in. I don't know about you guys but I like our rotation of Schobel, Kelsay, Denney and Hargrove.

The past few weeks I was open to drafting a DE in the 1st round but with Kelsay back in the fold DE is no longer a need but a luxury.

Now if we can get Hargrove back in Buffalo our DE rotation would be set.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen, since his arrest doesnt really follow the Marv-type player.

Vandelay, I love that second mock. I don't know why people bastardize me for saying Rufus Alexander is the perfect cover-2 LB.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Allen, since his arrest doesnt really follow the Marv-type player.

Vandelay, I love that second mock. I don't know why people bastardize me for saying Rufus Alexander is the perfect cover-2 LB.

Who says that Rufus isn't good for the cover-2?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Dont have an article but just watched the nfl draft segment on espn describing whos stock may have rised and whos may have falled and they said Floridia State linebacker Lawrence Timmons did quite poorly as he measured in 2inches below his 6'3'' stated frame and ran a disappointing 4.6. espn then added he may have worked himself out of the first round, unless he greatly improves upon his results on his pro day.

If a linebacker is the choice in round one for now it may be down to just Patrick Willis.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

Why would anyone give up a second round pick or McGahee.
His contract is up next season and will most likely need to be resolved.
He does not participate in team activities prior to preseason.
He does not play with any fire.
He is not smart off the field. (Penthouse interview and paternity lawsuits. I bet you Tom Brady will do the right thing.)
And I think you have him where you want him. Last year in his contract, so he needs to put up or be poor next year. Use him then loose him. The O line is better and if the bills draft a reciever first round that makes Losman and Evans better (there is your "Impact" player). This could make Willis a 1300 to 1400 yd back.
If they really want to trade him, I think they will get a 3rd round pick. If they are offered a 2nd it is a steal.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
Why would anyone give up a second round pick or McGahee.
His contract is up next season and will most likely need to be resolved.
He does not participate in team activities prior to preseason.
He does not play with any fire.
He is not smart off the field. (Penthouse interview and paternity lawsuits. I bet you Tom Brady will do the right thing.)
And I think you have him where you want him. Last year in his contract, so he needs to put up or be poor next year. Use him then loose him. The O line is better and if the bills draft a reciever first round that makes Losman and Evans better (there is your "Impact" player). This could make Willis a 1300 to 1400 yd back.
If they really want to trade him, I think they will get a 3rd round pick. If they are offered a 2nd it is a steal.
you hit the nail on the head here. I agree 100% with you. If the Bills wanted to they could go after a back in the draft later on. I personally like Jon Cornish and he would be a2nd day pick and could be a sleeper. That is a possiblilty that is real. I think that MArv will make the right choice, and I really see him staying. Cuz if he really wants to pay for those 3 child care situation he better be producing next year, lol. BTW, i heard somewhere that Marv was asking for a 1st round pick for Mcgahee, could be wrong, but i thought thats what i heard.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Moulds got released, would you guys like to see him back? I sure would...
Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

Moulds got released, would you guys like to see him back? I sure would...
He had problems with Losman. Not sure if it would work out, or if its really the way to go at this point.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

We re-signed Shaud Williams, multi-year deal.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4637
Didn't really do much in recent times, but he now seems to be the only RB we can count to be with the team next year

Also, from KFFL:

Bills | Team could target Scott in free agency
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:54:08 -0800
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills could target Chicago Bears DT Ian Scott in free agency.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Well we're not going to keep Shelton. Wonder if anything big will happen there (draft, big FA?). Probably not, but it'd be cool to have a weapon as well as a blocker out of that spot
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Justin Griffith could be a good FA pickup to replace Shelton. Isn't Kyle Johnson from the Broncos going to be cut or a FA too? Interesting options... Maybe bringing Alan Ricard back, I thought he would beat out Shelton last year in camp but he was hurt so he's a posibility too... then theres the possibility of the draft or even going with Ceislak.

Anyone remember Flutie Flakes? I still got mines:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=125 121461
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Flutie Flakes = life
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have my Flutie Flakes over this very desk. Anyone ever eat any?

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
I have my Flutie Flakes over this very desk. Anyone ever eat any?
If I had more than one box I would've, but that wasn't the case so I never have.