Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to pursuit Nick Harper, T.J. Duckett, Justin Griffith and maybe Cato June.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ate the cereal and kept the box.

It was a true orgasm in my mouth.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

What are your opinions on the play of Nate Clements? Im from Ohio and grew up watching him so I have my own opinion, but want to know yours.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

the stage is set for the return of Eric Moulds! No need to draft a wide reciever this year.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink

When you think Drew Bledsoe is available, Travis Henry might be cut and available, The Bills already have Peerless Overpriced, and with the addition of Moulds it could be a very nostalgic year. 2002 seemed a more hopefull time for the team. After the resigning of Shaud Williams I feel kicked in the stomach. I can only assume the reasoning is that he is one of the best at not making a huge contribution, and if you where to bring in someone else it would take them time to learn the system.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
When you think Drew Bledsoe is available, Travis Henry might be cut and available, The Bills already have Peerless Overpriced, and with the addition of Moulds it could be a very nostalgic year. 2002 seemed a more hopefull time for the team. After the resigning of Shaud Williams I feel kicked in the stomach. I can only assume the reasoning is that he is one of the best at not making a huge contribution, and if you where to bring in someone else it would take them time to learn the system.
My guess is they resigned Shaud to keep him contributing on special teams.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
DBeebe82

Chris Brown: The former Tennessee Titans running back has as many as three visits setup for next week, according to a well-placed source. Teams that have shown interest in possibly signing the former 1,000-yard rusher include the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

Wouldnt mind him as a talented backup but if we unload mcgahee and he is our starter that would be rediculous. I really doubt we end up with him regardless though.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
the stage is set for the return of Eric Moulds! No need to draft a wide reciever this year.

just the opp, dont get an old bag-a-sand who left on bad terms with the current QB, get a young guy who can compliment Lee to spread the field.

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink

I was being sarcastic about Moulds, but who knows. I bet no ever would have guesed that Peerless would be back.
Now on a serious note, my reason not to drat Patrick Willis or a corner back in the first round.
They will not improve anyone elses play as much as a wide reciever or a defensive tackle will. If you take a player with your first pick he should be able to start day one and help other players reach their potential. Larry tripplet is not a long term solution. Amobi Okoye can play well against the run. If he was to start with McCargo and the two of them live up to thier potential then the run defense would be better. You should be stopping the run at the line not with your linebackers. You keep TKO, he is a warrior and you need one. Crowell moves inside draft some depth and you are set for opening day.
The other postion that would make an even bigger impact is wide reciever. Jarret is a taller possesion reciever. He would free up Lee evans and who ever else was trotted out there. Losman would benifit from another target, and McGahee would have it easier if there was a real passing threat to the bills offense.
Since the drat seems deeper in wide recievers than DT's I would go with a DT. Amobi Okoye is my pick for today.
New England 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 10-6
Miami 7-9
Old 03-04-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeebe82 View Post
Chris Brown: The former Tennessee Titans running back has as many as three visits setup for next week, according to a well-placed source. Teams that have shown interest in possibly signing the former 1,000-yard rusher include the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

Wouldnt mind him as a talented backup but if we unload mcgahee and he is our starter that would be rediculous. I really doubt we end up with him regardless though.
According to our reporter Chris Brown on BuffaloBills.com, we are interested in the RB Chris Brown.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink

Why get rid of one 1000 yd rusher just to sign another? I do not see the value.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
According to our reporter Chris Brown on BuffaloBills.com, we are interested in the RB Chris Brown.
Do you mean aren't interested?
Because this says that we're not interested in him:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1064
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Do you mean aren't interested?
Because this says that we're not interested in him:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1064
Yeah, sorry, I meant to write that we are NOT interested. That's been burned into my mind because it is his lastest blog in like 2 days.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I was being sarcastic about Moulds, but who knows. I bet no ever would have guesed that Peerless would be back.
Now on a serious note, my reason not to drat Patrick Willis or a corner back in the first round.
They will not improve anyone elses play as much as a wide reciever or a defensive tackle will. If you take a player with your first pick he should be able to start day one and help other players reach their potential. Larry tripplet is not a long term solution. Amobi Okoye can play well against the run. If he was to start with McCargo and the two of them live up to thier potential then the run defense would be better. You should be stopping the run at the line not with your linebackers. You keep TKO, he is a warrior and you need one. Crowell moves inside draft some depth and you are set for opening day.
The other postion that would make an even bigger impact is wide reciever. Jarret is a taller possesion reciever. He would free up Lee evans and who ever else was trotted out there. Losman would benifit from another target, and McGahee would have it easier if there was a real passing threat to the bills offense.
Since the drat seems deeper in wide recievers than DT's I would go with a DT. Amobi Okoye is my pick for today.
New England 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 10-6
Miami 7-9
that honestly makes alot of sense. I did not think of that, but resigning TKO would make sense if we took a DT in the first. Taking Okoye would be nice, actually really nice. I would like to see it, however i dont. If they do indeed get rid of Mcgahee, Marv had already said that he will get some RB's, and a very little chance through FA, so in the draft obviously. I could also see them taking a WR first round to help out Lee on the other side. Dont get me wrong id like to see Okoye come, but im not too sure, because what you said makes sense.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TKO doesnt even have to be resigned, just not released lol. I am really in favor of keeping him. People were writing Julian Peterson after he had a dissappointing year following his ACL tear, and now he is back to being one of the best LB in the game. Not saying that will be TKO's case, but we will sure look like fools if we cut a pro bowl LBer. I may be biased because TKO is one of my favorites, but I would be really upset if he is gone. As for Okoye, he is one of my favorite players in the draft. I just love him as a prospect and get that vibe that everyone gets once in a while about a prospect. It think he may struggle early in his career (he is TWENTY!), but I see him becoming a dominant force and I would be pumped if he was a Buffalo Bill.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, Okoye seems like the best value at 12 of the players that would be able to make an immediate impact. If McCargo comes back 100%, adding Okoye to a rotation of McCargo, Tripplet, and Williams would drastically improve the run defense. I know that corner needs to be addressed, but I dont want to have to shell out round 1 cash for a cover-2 corner. I also dont think that any of the linebackers in this draft would be good value at 12, athlough we do need to acquire more depth at that position. WR is definately a position that could make a big difference, but unless Jarrett times under 4.6, I dont think he'll be good value at 12 either. Sidney Rice is definately a possibility in round 2, since his stock seems to be dropping. I dont think that Willis will be traded, so that allows us to wait until a later round to go after a runningback. I'm really hoping for LeRon McClain in the 4th round to replace Shelton. I think he is very similar to Lorenzo Neal or William Henderson, and would be a great addition to our run game.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink

is there any cap space to sign anyone else?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
is there any cap space to sign anyone else?
I am under the impression that we dont have much at all. Maybe enough for a few depth guys, but I think we are going to be out of luck when it comes to guys like Harper. Griffith, etc.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Wow, really good for us that Thomas Jones got traded for a 2nd. Now we can demand that for Willis. If Jones got traded for a 3rd, I really think that we would have not been able to trade him.

EDIT - nevermind, he got traded with the Bears 2nd rounder for the Jets' 2nd rounder.

Last edited by art vandelay : 03-06-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink

it is encouraging but who is left willing to give up a second for a running back? IMO Willis is the best one left but who can afford him? Trade him and the 3rd rounder for the raven's first? IT would have to be a good pick because you are creating a hole in the offense.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd prefer a 3rd and Willis for a 1st, but I don't see it happening. I think he will get a high 3rd/late 2nd.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's an interesting peice about Clements' deal:

FINAL YEAR OF CLEMENTS DEAL IS PHONY

Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange explains that the eight-year, $80 million deal given by the 49ers to cornerback Nate Clements contains a phony final year, which automatically will be voided when a $10 million option bonus is paid to the player in 2008.

So either the option bonus won't be paid, and it'll be just a one-year deal -- or the option bonus will be paid, and the contract will be worth $64.02 million over seven years.

This is far different from a puffed up back end; it's a complete fabrication of the final year.

They could have picked any number for that final year. Instead of eight years, $80 million, the contract could have been eight years, $100 million. Or eight years, $800 million. Or eight years, infinity.

So why did they plop $15.98 million into the eighth year will disappear a year from now? It was, in our view, a favor to the agent, who'll now be able to trumpet to recruits the fact that he negotiated an "eight-year, $80 million" contract.

He didn't. It's seven years, $64.02 million. Still impressive, but not as catchy.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Willis finally traded
(2007: 3rd and 7th, 2008: 3rd)
I'll DEF take it, yesssssssssssss

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink

I guess now we wait to see what happens to Spikes.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If we trade TKO, we are officially in rebuilding mode imo. We have already lost Fletch, Clements, and Willis. If we lose another vet, I think it becomes clear that we are looking to the future and not next year.