Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-15-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did chris Brown sign with the Bills???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, he has not
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Here's some information on Michael Turner:

March 2nd
From http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2641
Quote:
Chargers GM A.J. Smith doesn't sound willing to entertain trade offers for Michael Turner.
"It's over," Smith told the New York Daily News. "It'll take a 1 and a 3." No one is going to pay that price, so it looks like Turner will indeed back up LaDainian Tomlinson again in 2007. Keeper league owners should remain patient with Turner.
Source: NY Daily News
Related: Jets
March 7th
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...7sullivan.html
Quote:
“I wouldn't say it's over,” A.J. Smith said. “Its early right now in the process. History tells you a 1 and a 3 is pretty steep, but all it takes is one team. You just don't know until it plays itself out.”
Sounds like Smith has changed his tune somewhat in the period of 5 days. Maybe he recieved interest in Turner (hopefully the Bills)?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Here's some information on Michael Turner:

March 2nd
From http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2641

March 7th
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...7sullivan.html

Sounds like Smith has changed his tune somewhat in the period of 5 days. Maybe he recieved interest in Turner (hopefully the Bills)?
I'd rather not if it would cost a 1 and a 3. I'd rather take Lynch 1 and Brandon Jackson 3 and use both of them rather than give that up for Turner. Plus he would probably take up as much or more cap space than a 12th overall and 74th overall salary.

I'd rather wait until next year and take him in FA or wait until closer to the trade dead line and see what his value is.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
I'd rather not if it would cost a 1 and a 3. I'd rather take Lynch 1 and Brandon Jackson 3 and use both of them rather than give that up for Turner. Plus he would probably take up as much or more cap space than a 12th overall and 74th overall salary.

I'd rather wait until next year and take him in FA or wait until closer to the trade dead line and see what his value is.
No doubt I wouldn't give up a 1st and a 3rd, but I am still not taking Smith's word as the end all truth. I think that if the right offer was presented to him, then he might take it because it would be very tough to pay your backup RB $2.8 million for a year.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

I think the most I'd give up for Turner would be a 2nd, 4th and next years 2nd. That gives him the value of anywhere between the 21st to 28th overall selection according to the trade value chart:

470 + 76 + 116 or 265 = 662 (28th pick) or 811 (21st pick)

I don't think that that is a bad trade at all and we wouldn't be giving up that much. If it happened I think it would be a draft day trade though if San Diego wanted to trade up in round two or something.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bills51tuff
Rookie

bills51tuff hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not interested one bit in Turner.

He reminds me of Kenny Davis, the backup to Thurman in the 90's. Good change-of-pace back, but really nothing more. I'd certainly be cautious of him, and would stay away.

Stick at #12, and pick a RB there, preferably Lynch, and move on.
bills51tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills51tuff View Post
I'm not interested one bit in Turner.

He reminds me of Kenny Davis, the backup to Thurman in the 90's. Good change-of-pace back, but really nothing more. I'd certainly be cautious of him, and would stay away.

Stick at #12, and pick a RB there, preferably Lynch, and move on.
Have you actually seen Turner play though?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bills51tuff
Rookie

bills51tuff hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Have you actually seen Turner play though?
Yep.

I wouldn't comment on him if I haven't / didn't see him play.

He has spurts of good runs, just like K. Davis, but I doubt he would make a serviceable full-time back, however.

Just my opinion, though.
bills51tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Bills fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

what is takeo going to bring the bills in a trade?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
what is takeo going to bring the bills in a trade?
doubt he gets traded, if he did i couldn't see him fetching more than a 4th.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No doubt I wouldn't give up a 1st and a 3rd, but I am still not taking Smith's word as the end all truth. I think that if the right offer was presented to him, then he might take it because it would be very tough to pay your backup RB $2.8 million for a year.
Smith may be under the gun in San Diego and very unwilling to part with Turner this year. He survived a battle with Shotty but with Turner as his HC, he must be really sweating bullets about his job. I cannot see him surviving if San Diego has a poor season. That may indeed make Turner untouchable except at Smith's price.
I also question just how good Turner is, it reminds me too much of the Jordan situation when he backed up Martin with the Jets and put up great #'s as a substitute, however, since being traded to the Raiders, that kind of success was not forthcoming as a starter.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

Domanick Williams (formerly Domanick Davis) was cut by the Texans along w/ Carr yesterday.

He's an interesting possibility to me. He's injury prone and getting a little older, but if we signed him, he and ATrain would at least alleviate enough of the load on rbs to be able to get starters/impact players at other positions early in the draft.

The way I could see it playing out...

Bills sign Williams.

Trade down into the late teens early 20s w/ the pick, adding another 2nd.

1. Jarret - provides mismatches, helps in red zone, helps JP, opens up opposing defenses, moves the chains - helping our D rest.

2a. Beason - athletic, strong OLB would really benefit w/ a year on the sidelines learning from TKO, steps in as an impact starter next year

2b. Grubbs - too much talent on the OL isn't a bad thing, if Butler wins the job over Grubbs and Walker (if TP wins the RT job) then great, Grubbs can learn under Dockery and develop into another great OLineman.

3a. Best available CB - I imagine somone like Tenard Jackson, Fred Bennet, Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes will be around.

3b. Lorenzo Booker - he, Atrain, and Shaud split touches while Williams gets healthy... Can return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield. Reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn.

4. LeRon McClain - great blocking fb who is a threat to catch passes out of the backfield and even carry the ball when he needs to.

5 (package both 7ths w/ our 6 to move into the 5th). Michael Bush - Some may not like this pick, but we put him on the IR for this year and let him get fully healthy, digest the playbook, learn our style and get into the kind of shape we want him playing in. After next season say bye bye to ATrain and Shaud and likely Williams/Davis, a healthy Bush/Booker/McClain trio back there with a good OL could be phenomenal for years to come. Keep in mind, before his injury Bush was a 1st rounder w/out question...even after he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder w/ the potential to be a 1st rd type player. After this 2nd surgery he'll likely be passed by most, if not all RBs that have any game whatsoever.

Jarrett, Booker, McClain, and possibly either Grubbs or our CB all start. Bush marinates for a whole year, and Beason (could easily start if needed for injury reasons) and likely Grubbs (I htink Butler will win the job) and CB (probably Youboty starting w/ Thomas in the nick) all learn the system, provide depth, and play on special teams.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazeduck View Post
Domanick Williams (formerly Domanick Davis) was cut by the Texans along w/ Carr yesterday.

He's an interesting possibility to me. He's injury prone and getting a little older, but if we signed him, he and ATrain would at least alleviate enough of the load on rbs to be able to get starters/impact players at other positions early in the draft.

The way I could see it playing out...

Bills sign Williams.

Trade down into the late teens early 20s w/ the pick, adding another 2nd.

1. Jarret - provides mismatches, helps in red zone, helps JP, opens up opposing defenses, moves the chains - helping our D rest.

2a. Beason - athletic, strong OLB would really benefit w/ a year on the sidelines learning from TKO, steps in as an impact starter next year

2b. Grubbs - too much talent on the OL isn't a bad thing, if Butler wins the job over Grubbs and Walker (if TP wins the RT job) then great, Grubbs can learn under Dockery and develop into another great OLineman.

3a. Best available CB - I imagine somone like Tenard Jackson, Fred Bennet, Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes will be around.

3b. Lorenzo Booker - he, Atrain, and Shaud split touches while Williams gets healthy... Can return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield. Reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn.

4. LeRon McClain - great blocking fb who is a threat to catch passes out of the backfield and even carry the ball when he needs to.

5 (package both 7ths w/ our 6 to move into the 5th). Michael Bush - Some may not like this pick, but we put him on the IR for this year and let him get fully healthy, digest the playbook, learn our style and get into the kind of shape we want him playing in. After next season say bye bye to ATrain and Shaud and likely Williams/Davis, a healthy Bush/Booker/McClain trio back there with a good OL could be phenomenal for years to come. Keep in mind, before his injury Bush was a 1st rounder w/out question...even after he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder w/ the potential to be a 1st rd type player. After this 2nd surgery he'll likely be passed by most, if not all RBs that have any game whatsoever.

Jarrett, Booker, McClain, and possibly either Grubbs or our CB all start. Bush marinates for a whole year, and Beason (could easily start if needed for injury reasons) and likely Grubbs (I htink Butler will win the job) and CB (probably Youboty starting w/ Thomas in the nick) all learn the system, provide depth, and play on special teams.
Williams(Davis) was probably cut because he didn't recover from his injury and is doubtful for next season. The chances of Beason and Grubbs lasting until our second round pick is practically nil. They'll both be off the board before we draft in round 2.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I updated the Offseason Tracker.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been around here for awhile so I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of the Bills offseason so far. A couple of weeks ago(immediately after the McGahee trade) I got in an argument with a local sports talk radio host in SoCal who was saying Buffalo had the worst offseason in the league. I had to explain to him that whilewe may have overpaid for our FAs on the OL we did get players with valuable starting experience. Dockery and Walker are players that have been around on starting OL units for years now and will be able to step in immediately. The trade of Willis McGahee is a good one in my opinion because it gets rid of one of the biggest cancers in our locker room and gives us two 1st day picks in the next two drafts. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that we have yet to bring in a replacement for him through FA. i understand we may be holding out for an uncharacteristic Adrian Peterson drop or a slight reach on Marshawn Lynch but I feel we'll have bigger needs on defense that we'll need to address in the 1st round.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

If we take AD or Lynch round one we will pretty much have to go corner round two, correct? Well, if there aren't any real great guys to pick there and Brandon Meriweather or Eric Weddle were available do you think we might take them to play corner? They are both play makers who can hit and run. They have also played some corner in college as well. Any thoughts?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we take AD or Lynch round one we will pretty much have to go corner round two, correct? Well, if there aren't any real great guys to pick there and Brandon Meriweather or Eric Weddle were available do you think we might take them to play corner? They are both play makers who can hit and run. They have also played some corner in college as well. Any thoughts?
In my opinion we have to take Eric Wright in round 2 if we go CB. He's a true shutdown CB who is just as talented as the top 3 in the draft
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Weddle at corner. he can truly play anywhere, Marv-type guy, the "fit" I've called since last October. just amazing that guy is. No Dusty Dvoracek but amazing indeed.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I would love to see Weddle at corner. he can truly play anywhere, Marv-type guy, the "fit" I've called since last October. just amazing that guy is. No Dusty Dvoracek but amazing indeed.
Ha, good ol' Dusty love.
But I'm a huge fan of Weddle, I think he would be very good at CB for us.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
There's a glaring hole at LB. While if none of the top 4 LB are there or within quick striking distance on a possible trade, I would advocate taking a top CB that would be starter worthy and waiting on LB, but I don't think you can say that we'd have to go for a corner.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
In my opinion we have to take Eric Wright in round 2 if we go CB. He's a true shutdown CB who is just as talented as the top 3 in the draft
Wright would be a good pick in the 2nd if we went CB, but ideally I'd hope for Aaron Ross to still be there, although I think that could be rather unlikely. I like Weddle at CB. I wasn't as big a fan before of Tanard Jackson but I'm starting to come around on him, too.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Would the Bills entertain a trade for Carnell Williams?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Would the Bills entertain a trade for Carnell Williams?
Are there any rumors of the Bucs moving him? If there are, maybe, but it all depends on the price.