Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn dude the Bills got a terribly hard schedule next year.

Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Pittsburgh, Jacksonvlle, Philadelphia,

Cleveland and Washington are your only games that seem to be against a below 500 team.... Well I guess Miami could be bad too.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Damn dude the Bills got a terribly hard schedule next year.

Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Pittsburgh, Jacksonvlle, Philadelphia,

Cleveland and Washington are your only games that seem to be against a below 500 team.... Well I guess Miami could be bad too.
Yeah that is a rough schedule. I hate to say it but it could be another year or two before we can realistically talk playoffs. If we do poorly I'd love to see the Bills draft Brian Brohm next year if JP Losman proves not to be our future. If we don't get a RB this year then we'll have our pick next year in what is looking to be a strong RB class(if the juniors come out)
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yeah that is a rough schedule. I hate to say it but it could be another year or two before we can realistically talk playoffs. If we do poorly I'd love to see the Bills draft Brian Brohm next year if JP Losman proves not to be our future. If we don't get a RB this year then we'll have our pick next year in what is looking to be a strong RB class(if the juniors come out)
Oh geez, McFadden. Lets not get ahead of ourselves, though. We all know the Bills are going to the Super Bowl this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly see 8-8 as our high this year. As a fan, of course I am thinking playoffs, but 500 will be quite an accomplishment imo. That said, I like the direction of the team, we are getting young and could have the core for an extended playoff run in a few years, provided we actually shell out the cash for guys like Losman and Evans. I actually kind of like the idea of waiting for a HB unless AD falls or Turner comes cheaper then expected. Next years RB class will be insane, and I see us picking in the 10-15 range. I could go a year with A-Train as the feature back, he can be a 1000 yard guy imo. Also, I see the JP-Lee connection being one of the best in the league next year, which should make up for having A-Train at RB.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
calibill2
Rookie

Location: Santa Barbara, California---Transplanted from Buffalo, NY
calibill2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rd. 1-12.) Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss
Rd. 2-43.) Antonio Pittman, RB Ohio St.
Rd. 3-74.) David Irons, CB Auburn
Rd. 3-92.) Justin Durant or Jacoby Jones

I like this. Whenever i have us taking a rb in round 1, our overall draft grade declines.
calibill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My money is on a 7-9 season this year. Too many losses on defense. We will have to wait until next year for a winning season I think. We literally have zero veterans on defense past the line and I don't think you can count on Schobel to call defensive audibles seeing as he is an end... Last year was a planning year for the coaching staff. See who fits and who doesn't. This year is the re-tooling. Next year should be the stepping forward I think, well, I hope. I can't see us winning more than a couple upsets, 3 divisional games and then games against Cleveland and Washington. Brutal schedule. Should build character though and help our future.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defensive losses hurt, for sure, and its clearly the biggest hurt to us this year. The coaching staff seems to be looking at the ends to become defensive leaders. I think they need to push Crowell into as much of a leadership role as possible. I'm hoping the scheme will allow us to get away with our unspectacular corners. Ellison hopefully is a little stronger and lives up to being a starter from what he showed last year, improving and being a force instead of just kind of being there. A fresh face will fill the 3rd LB spot, and hopefully they're a great talent. And somebody for once stop the damn run! Schobel leads the line and has 8 other players rotating amongst the other three spots until something clears up there. Trips looked decent late in the year but he needs to step it up plenty. Crowell is our only proven LB and needs to step up big, be a leader, and work the run, especially if he ends up in the middle. Whitner is our best player in the secondary now, but even he could start cashing in on some turnovers. He had some chances last year, but I won't hold that against him. Ko needs to mature into his playmaker potential. McGee needs to be consistent, and our #2 CB needs to just not suck. RE should be fine with the rotation, but as it has been since Pat left, our DTs need to step up their game. McCargo is going to definitely be my most critiqued player this season.

Offense I'm not going to go too far into because we're all still in the dark as to what the RB situation will be. However, Losman is ready to win games for us and carry this team. He can be the focal point of the offense and he can make it possible to open up the running game. Line should defintiely be better, although the right side still worries me. Duke needs to imrpove, especially in the running game, and Walker was never anything too good. I'd like to see what Butler can do, but even more I just hope that everything clicks. I see no #2 on uor current roster, but Reed improved last year. I'd like to utilize the quick slant to Evans and Roscoe more or find some way to let them use their dynamics. Royal was able to get open a lot late in the year after rolling of the line from a spot helping Pennington, but he never really made the tough catch and I don't see him as a great option. Good, not great, and can surely be improved upon. We need something more on a team with such few reliable targets. I'd like to get Cieslak in the offense more this year. Left side of the lien should own, and Fowler I'm content with. To round out the roster, we need a new fullback, but thats just obvious.

Lindell + Moorman = best kicker tandem in league. Easy enough on that one.
McGee is still one of the best consistent return men. Roscoe is good on punts, I'd like to see him make less mistakes there, but he's a perfect fit for the position.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I forgot that we didn't re-sign Davis until I saw that someone else signed him yesterday. Good gunner, oh well.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Wow its been a long time, hows everybody doing? Sorry im a bit behind, so i need to do some catching up
First-yeah, so the schedule is pretty brutal for next year, but hey, whats life without a challenge. We were written off last year so why not a possible playoff birth? A strech yeah, but so were our draft picks from last year. which brings me to...
second-our draft for this year. Patrick Willis and Lorenzo Booker(local hero) are my only two for sure wants for my Bills. However else we go in the draft will be interesting to see. But Willis is just too perfect of a fit for us at mlb and could come in and dominate right away, barring are DT play of coarse. Booker would give our offense an added dimension and would be more then just a change of pace back. I can easily see him developing into a brian westbrook type of back. Ryan Kahlil would be another player i wouldnt mind coming over , but I think we got bigger needs to worry about, especially at the point of the draft where he'll be taken.
third- its awesome seeing the bills near the top of team disscussions, although its alphabetical order now. To many times of scrolling down to the bottom of the page, bad times.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
RyanXQ
Rookie

RyanXQ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so what do we all thin about the undrafted FA. I would really like the bills to sign McKnight WR because we didnt address it in the draft, and i think he is a better 3 spot than josh reed.
RyanXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
RyanXQ
Rookie

and also what about Lavarr Arrington?? hes still unsigned, i think we should give him a shot if it wouldnt cost us to much in a contract.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

The truth be told, Marv Levy said that Buffalo just doesn't have the money to retain its stars. Instead of continuing the rebuilding towards a playoff team, we are in essence using the draft practically every year to replace the FA's we lost. There is very little chance we can maintain or produce a winning team given our financial restraints. The FA era has exposed Buffalo to continuing failure and clearly explains the last decade's ineptitude. If you have a hard time using the draft to improve the weak positions on our team but must instead use it to replace the FA's or traded players you lose every year, what are the chances that we will be a Super Bowl contender anytime soon.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
RyanXQ
Rookie

Keyshawn Johnson now a FA, now that would be a target to help out losman.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why won't the Bills realize they need a big WR? All of the UDGA WRs they brought in are speed guys similiar to Roscoe Parrish. We look like we're trying to start one hell of an Olympic Qualifying relay team instead of a WR corps.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm usually pretty serious when it comes to Chris Denney. He had a good preseason and TC last year and I was hoping for him as a longshot. At 6-3, 224 he'd be our biggest receiver. We re-signed and allocated him to NFL Europe this year, but as far as I know he's been injured. I always have hope, though.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, here is my early projected 53 man roster for us. It shouldn't be too far off.

Buffalo Bills Roster: May 12/07

JP Losman
Trent Edwards
Craig Nall

Marshawn Lynch
Anthony Thomas
Dwayne Wright
Shaud Williams

Lee Evans
Josh Reed
Roscoe Parris
Peerless Price
George Wilson
Sam Aiken

Robert Royal
Brad Cieslak
Kevin Everett

Jason Peters
Brad Butler

Derrick Dockery
Jason Whittle

Melvin Fowler
Mike Schneck

Duke Preston
Matt Morgan

Langston Walker
Terrance Pennington

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Schobel
Tony Hargrove

Larry Tripplett
John McCargo
Tim Anderson

Darwin Walker
Kyle Williams
Jason Jefferson

Chris Kelsay
Ryan Denney

Angelo Crowell
Coy Wire
Josh Stamer

Paul Posluszny
John DiGiorgio

Keith Ellison
Roy Manning

Terrence McGee
Kiwaukee Thomas

Ko Simpson
Jim Leonhard

Donte Whitner
John Wendling

Ashton Youboty
Jabari Greer

Rian Lindell
Brian Moorman
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

A Polish Buffalo Bill who has the same birthday as me. I'm pretty sure Paul Posluszny is a figment of my imagination brought to life to bring success to the Bills.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quick question: Is Aaron Shoebel really only 243??? I saw him listed as such and it really suprised me.

If i am not mistaken you run a cover/tampa 2 which means there is more emphasis on speed up front, but 243 is a bit on the extreme side...though you can't say its not working for him.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Quick question: Is Aaron Shoebel really only 243??? I saw him listed as such and it really suprised me.

If i am not mistaken you run a cover/tampa 2 which means there is more emphasis on speed up front, but 243 is a bit on the extreme side...though you can't say its not working for him.
That does seem a little light. I could have sworn he was at least 250
Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you see him listed so light? ESPN and NFL have him at 262. However much he weighs it's enough to put D'Brickashaw on his back.

Is Langston Walker for sure playing RT? I think him at OG with Pennington at RT would make more sense.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...layer_id=33953

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Where do you see him listed so light? ESPN and NFL have him at 262. However much he weighs it's enough to put D'Brickashaw on his back.

Is Langston Walker for sure playing RT? I think him at OG with Pennington at RT would make more sense.
Pennington wasn't that good last year. They like Preston more and would rather have him out on the field. I envision it being Preston RG and Walker RT right now. Butler and Pennington will have a chance to move into the lineup if Preston doesn't play well, which is a definite possibility.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Pennington wasn't that good last year. They like Preston more and would rather have him out on the field. I envision it being Preston RG and Walker RT right now. Butler and Pennington will have a chance to move into the lineup if Preston doesn't play well, which is a definite possibility.
Agreed Pennington did a good job last year but mainly because the line was so bad. With some new vets brought in he'll easily get pushed to the bench
Old 06-11-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

We signed Ah You! Let's keep bringing em in!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.