Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're Coming Back Bitches!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what was Juaron thinking taking that time out before the review?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Then our D taking a nap and letting them put together an 8 min drive that took the clock from 11 to 3 mins.

Ugh, a 24-21 loss. 5-7.

:(
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Quote:
That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Then our D taking a nap and letting them put together an 8 min drive that took the clock from 11 to 3 mins.

Ugh, a 24-21 loss. 5-7.

:(
Jauron didnt take the TO, Losman did... as the coaches debated on if to review the play or not, the clock ticked down and no play was called in.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for anyone that saw, how bad was the uncalled PI on Reed on 3rd down on our second last drive (the one before Tomlinson's 2nd TD)?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
for anyone that saw, how bad was the uncalled PI on Reed on 3rd down on our second last drive (the one before Tomlinson's 2nd TD)?
That was garbage, I don't even think the ball got tipped and if it did Number 25 of San Diego was making contact with him from behind before it got there.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
That was garbage, I don't even think the ball got tipped and if it did Number 25 of San Diego was making contact with him from behind before it got there.
well, if it did get tipped, contact is allowed. I couldnt see clearly if it was tipped from what I saw so i cant kill the official for that one. Anyway, we played well and in the 2nd half we showed that we can play with anyone, so all in all it was a good week even though we didnt get the w.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well, if it did get tipped, contact is allowed. I couldnt see clearly if it was tipped from what I saw so i cant kill the official for that one. Anyway, we played well and in the 2nd half we showed that we can play with anyone, so all in all it was a good week even though we didnt get the w.
It's just dissapointing we showed up late.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's just dissapointing we showed up late.
be proud that we showed up. Last year we lost BIG. A couple weeks ago I would of said that this was another blowout. just think SD has been racking up points, as the highest scoring team in the league.. and the Bills were an onside kick, or a pass interference call from having a chance to go to overtime.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Things I liked:
J.P. Losman
21/37, 2 TDs 2 INTs, 184 yards
6 runs, 26 yards - two for 1st downs

He didn't curl up into a ball after starting out bad, he made up for his mistakes.

Josh Reed
4 catches, 50 yards
3 Of his catches were for 1st downs on 3rd downs, his catch that wasnt for a 1st down was only one yard shy

Nate Clements, he played with fire and was in on a lot of tackles and had some very nice breakups. We need to show him the money.

Miami lost too

Things I didn't like:

Willis McGahee
16 carries for 26 yards and 1 TD, 1 catch for 1 yard

Anthony Thomas
2 carries for 11 yards, 4 catches for 33 yards

:?

What also bugs me is the 1st down we could have had if Willis just ran foward but he decided to dance around and got tackled short. Willis is good but his style bugs me, I don't think he's anything more than average, he pussyfoots around too much and dosen't hit the hole. I think we should of given A-Train a few more carries.

LaDainian Tomlinson
28 carries, 178 yards and 2 TDs

LT absolutley murdered us.

Antonio Gates
7 catches, 90 yards and a TD
Old 12-03-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I really dont like willis. Dont ask me why, but I think our offense would be more effective with thomas. Willis is as talented as anyone, but damn, does he ever hit a hole?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
I really dont like willis. Dont ask me why, but I think our offense would be more effective with thomas. Willis is as talented as anyone, but damn, does he ever hit a hole?
Agreed, I don't think we'll resign him after next year and I really wouldn't mind seeing a RB brought in.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know what you guys mean about McGahee and I agree to an extent. Both the offensive line and McGahee are way to inconsistent for my likings but I would much rather improve the offensive line and stick with Willis than get rid of him and try and find the perfect running back for an average offensive line.

Today Jauron really should have talked to Willis about hitting the holes or told Thomas to go out there and just plow someone to motivate Willis. I noticed that Willis wasn't afraid to hit somebody in the passing game when blocking for Losman, but he wouldn't run into them with the ball in his hands. He really wasn't hitting the line at a good speed today, but it its not like many other backs have done a lot better against that defense. Here are the top rushers against the Chargers this year:

Week1: Justin Fargas 5/35
Week2: Vince Young 5/24
Week4: Jamaal Lewis 15/34
Week5: Willie Parker 14/57
Week6: Frank Gore 10/55
Week7: Larry Johnson 28/132
Week8: Stephen Jackson 18/84
Week9: Reuben Droughns 19/36
Week10: Rudi Johnson 18/85
Week11: Mike Bell 20/90
Week12: Justin Fargas 14/32
Week13: Willis McGahee 16/26

Yes, I realize ours is among the bottom of that in terms of production, but at least we put up a fight against this team. We also have one of the worst offensive lines of the teams on this list, either us or the Browns pretty much, the Raiders line isn't that bad at run blocking, just they never run the damn ball because they are always playing from behind. We also were playing from behind in that game so we couldn't let Willis run much once we were down by 17 at half.

I agree that Willis hasn't been hitting the holes hard enough and has been dancing too much, but I don't really think that Anthony Thomas gives us a better chance of winning any games, mostly because in my opiniong Willis is a much better pass blocker and receiver, none of that matters as much if we are winning, but we are playing from behind A LOT and have been behind and coming back in the past three games.

I think that we should stick with Willis for the future, DWhitner, do you think that everyone on our offense should be releases when their contract is up? I mean you are negative towards pretty much everyone on our offense and get your opinions swayed week to week. No offense bro, its just weird.

I don't think we would do any better with anyone we pick up off the market or the draft in the next 3 years, maybe once Willis is around 3 years when Willis is 28, that is when we should look for someone else unless Willis develops a chronic fumbling problem or keeps on playing like he did today. But he has some really great games and strong preformances ever few weeks and you have to hope that he can consistently have games like those ones and hope that we can improve Losman's game to get up in games early and improve the offensive line to get Willis at least an extra 0.5 yards per carry.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
I think that we should stick with Willis for the future, DWhitner, do you think that everyone on our offense should be releases when their contract is up? I mean you are negative towards pretty much everyone on our offense and get your opinions swayed week to week. No offense bro, its just weird.
There's only two players I sway with and thats Willis McGahee and JP Losman, prior to the Houston game I really truly thought we were going nowhere with him but he really stepped it up. To me he's proven he's capable of being our starter and I'm alright with him as long as we get better around him.

As for Willis McGahee, theres just so many high expectations with the guy and he really just hasn't done much. Sometimes he'll have a game where you just say wow. But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.

What also bugs me with him is its always a gimmick, his 2nd year in the leauge, the first time he played he was awesome. But then with Mularkey he put on too much weight and "lost his burst", he proclaimed himself the best back in the leauge, he wasn't fully ready with his knee, this offseason it was all about him getting leaner and faster and he's identical to himself last year.

Quote:
I don't think we would do any better with anyone we pick up off the market or the draft in the next 3 years, maybe once Willis is around 3 years when Willis is 28, that is when we should look for someone else unless Willis develops a chronic fumbling problem or keeps on playing like he did today.
Well I'm pretty sure Willis is a FA next offseason and I'm not so sure we'll retain him...
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.
This is where you lost me because he really isn't even healthy, he has broken ribs and probably should have waited until next week to come back. Coming back early is only making the recovery time longer, now his ribs probably won't be 100% until week 16.

I think that he got way too many carries early. He wasn't able to adjust his game from what it was at the end of last year when he was over weight to what it is now that he is in better shape. Anthony Thomas should get 5-8 carries a game and Willis should get 18-24 in my opinion, this way neither are under played and neither are completely spent after 16 games, hopefully going into the post season. This will also lower the risk of McGahee getting injured and in turn Thomas because he has to carry the ball around 30 times if Willis is out because the coaches don't seem to want to give Shaud Williams any carries.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.
This is where you lost me because he really isn't even healthy, he has broken ribs and probably should have waited until next week to come back. Coming back early is only making the recovery time longer, now his ribs probably won't be 100% until week 16.

I think that he got way too many carries early. He wasn't able to adjust his game from what it was at the end of last year when he was over weight to what it is now that he is in better shape. Anthony Thomas should get 5-8 carries a game and Willis should get 18-24 in my opinion, this way neither are under played and neither are completely spent after 16 games, hopefully going into the post season. This will also lower the risk of McGahee getting injured and in turn Thomas because he has to carry the ball around 30 times if Willis is out because the coaches don't seem to want to give Shaud Williams any carries.
It's always an excuse for Willis, I'm just tired of the guy I guess and I don't see us sticking with him when his contract is up next offseason.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The boys in black and white really gave us the shaft in that game. Every questionable call went in favor of the Chargers and at points critical mistakes from the referees really killed our momentum. Other than that I'm proud of how tough the Bills played.

Earlier in the year they wouldn't have put up a fight but you can see a change in this team after the Houston game.

J.P. Losman needs to clean up the little mistakes. He wasn't as good as weeks past but you can see little improvements from him every week. It's imperative that he gets better with each game.

Our problem is that we don't have control at the point of attack. Hopefully Levy notices this and adresses our interior line problems on both sides of the ball.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right
The boys in black and white really gave us the shaft in that game. Every questionable call went in favor of the Chargers and at points critical mistakes from the referees really killed our momentum. Other than that I'm proud of how tough the Bills played.

Earlier in the year they wouldn't have put up a fight but you can see a change in this team after the Houston game.

J.P. Losman needs to clean up the little mistakes. He wasn't as good as weeks past but you can see little improvements from him every week. It's imperative that he gets better with each game.

Our problem is that we don't have control at the point of attack. Hopefully Levy notices this and adresses our interior line problems on both sides of the ball.
I agree, I think the key point that needs to be fixed on the o-line is at Offensive Guard because we don't seem to get any push from them, Preston especially in the run game. It might be a bit much to hope for but I hope we can get Eric Steinbach in FA to play LG, maybe our first round pick will be Justin Blalock and he could play RG.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

And Bad News:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4458

Crowell likley done for the season.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
And Bad News:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4458

Crowell likley done for the season.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO MY FAVOURITE BILL!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Crowell had a hell of a year and will be a force, shame it had to end for him like this this year tho.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
RochesterRox19
Rookie

RochesterRox19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^ DEFINITELY digging that!!

Here's a post with my feelings on the rest of the season, where we'll be picking and my top prospects list.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php...=0#entry857795
RochesterRox19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know McGahee has no line to work with and that he's playing with bad ribs and a inconsistent QB but it could be time to look for another RB. I'm not sold on him as a player and he's going to want a big paycheck at the end of next year and it'd be best if we found another RB in the draft a late first day pick where guys like McGill are going to land.

We might even try getting Michael Turner from the Chargers. He's a RFA at the end of the year and they might have to let him go.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:44 AM    (permalink
calibill2
Rookie

Location: Santa Barbara, California---Transplanted from Buffalo, NY
calibill2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

agreed willis isnt that great. i'd like to see a rb in the later rounds. How aboutjamarcus russel in the 1st haha, dont see that happening but i do see us draftin a qb in some round
calibill2 is offline   Reply With Quote