Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah mccargo has showed alot of flashes early in the season

as for Greer lookin pretty good
along with Peters
Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peters has looked good, but he seems to have a false start or two every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really hope Leonhard is not out long. Scott starting :/

In lighter news, Jabari earned AFC DPOW honors. Because he rules!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's starting at SS if Donte is at FS?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 10-04-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

At the start of the season it was .539, it is now down to .500. I thought it would be lower, but it would be interesting to see if it trends lower over the next few games.
I want to say they can go 8 and 8 but I wont. I see 3 easier games, (Miami, and the jets) but if Edwards wins one game against a team with a decent defense and winning record, then he will have exceeded my expectations for the team this year.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Who's starting at SS if Donte is at FS?
SCott. eww :(

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard on ESPN Radio that Peerless Price is out for the season. Geez.

Dear injury bug nesting in the Bills locker room,

Get lost, you twerp. I'm going to kill you with a flamethrower.

Sincerely,

Geo
Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe it, I really didn't even know there was a problem with Peerless.

This leaves us with 4 WR, one of them being Sam Aiken, who really shouldn't be on the field if not for special teams.

EDIT- make that 9 on the IR, forgot about Harrison.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Were gonan have as many guys on the I.R this year by the end of the season as the winless bucs did back in the day.. wow this is terrible

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

here's the link to the article. He's having surgery on his neck

WR: Evans
WR: Reed
WR: Parrish
WR: Aiken
WR: ????

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
here's the link to the article. He's having surgery on his neck

WR: Evans
WR: Reed
WR: Parrish
WR: Aiken
WR: ????
Damn your bum knee, Chris Denney!

I liked the role Reed has played for us, but I'm not so comfortable with him as a starting flanker. Hopefully the tight ends can keep up the production over the middle.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

^Reed is good at getting open in the middle of the field. I hope someone steps up.

BTW, who's available in FA? (besides of Antonio Bryant. I dont see us signing him with his character problems)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-05-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Scott mayle being promoted from the practice squad soon. Although he's in the same mold as the rest of our WRs
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, who's available in FA? (besides of Antonio Bryant. I dont see us signing him with his character problems)

The list of current veterans available is weak

Rod Gardner
Taylor Jacobs
bethel johnson
Kevin Kasper
Travis taylor
Billy mcMullen
Az Hakim
Clarence moore
Corey bradford

the list of players available on practice squads

Chandler Williams FIU (Miami)
Dallas Baker Florida (Pittsburgh)
Cro Thorpe Florida State (Indy)
Biren Ealy Houston (Tennessee)
Brandon london UMass (NYG)
Old 10-05-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Biren Ealy. Do it now.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can scratch Craphonso Thorpe from that list, the Colts just activated him to the 53-man roster. I'm glad they managed to keep him on the practice squad, he looked very good in the preseason, I thought.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

It's hard to be optimistic going into Monday Night's game with the Cowboys but I feel the one thing we have going for us is that Dallas is due for a loss. I find it very reasonable to imagine them overlooking us and putting it into cruise control and being upset. then again this only works out if Trent Edwards can play well for a 2nd straight week
Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The list of current veterans available is weak

Rod Gardner
Taylor Jacobs
bethel johnson
Kevin Kasper
Travis taylor
Billy mcMullen
Az Hakim
Clarence moore
Corey bradford

the list of players available on practice squads

Chandler Williams FIU (Miami)
Dallas Baker Florida (Pittsburgh)
Cro Thorpe Florida State (Indy)
Biren Ealy Houston (Tennessee)
Brandon london UMass (NYG)

I'd go with Dallas Baker did you see that guy in the BCS championship? He's not the fastest but he's big and will go anywhere to catch a ball....
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I wish there was a BillsBackers club near here i could watch this game with. We don't get many Bills games on the West Coast. I'll just have to tailgate by myself in my living room
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I wish there was a BillsBackers club near here i could watch this game with. We don't get many Bills games on the West Coast. I'll just have to tailgate by myself in my living room
Ya i barely ever get to catch more than 2 gamesa a season out here. This year im blessed to get my third by week 5. And i Monday night footabll game to.. wow should be fun

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Ya i barely ever get to catch more than 2 gamesa a season out here. This year im blessed to get my third by week 5. And i Monday night footabll game to.. wow should be fun
I just found out we do have a San Diego Bills Backers club. Might go check it out later tonight.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Man we need an offense bad. Any other team would have won by 3 TDs after forcing 6 turnovers
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Tonights game gave me hope for the rest of the season. I think we proved that despite injuries, our defense can still make the big play. Now if our offense wakes up I think we can win 5 more games this year and end up with a pick around 9 or 10
Old 10-09-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Well, after listening to WGR after the game last night, I have lost all respect for Schopp and the Bulldog. I think they are idiots, and they totally changed ym view on the game. If you heard the post game, you know what Im talking about.

1. Trent Edwards: Looked good. I like the way he managed the game. Made some key throws and worked the small ball very well. Still could throw and test them deeper, but that will come. He made that bad INT, but you know that hes a rookie QB, and he wasnt going to make every throw. I was expecting Trent to throw about 2 picks that game, but he did VERY WELL. I dont hold blame to him.
2. OL: Great job on Dallas' pash rush. Damarcus Ware was a non factor. Jason Peters held im in tact the whole game. They tried running at him and throwing to this side all day. Good job. I think that if Peters isnt i nthe top 10 in OT, then he should be now. They opened up holes, but I really admred the job that they did holding the pass rush down.
3. WR: Not a bad job, but I still think we lack a big play WR. I thought that Lee Evans was beginning to become to upset with his lack of catches, but after seeing him run down Newman, I know hes a baller, and he'll come to play. Good job, but still, I think we need some more weapons.
4. DE: Pretty good job, but we didnt apply that much pressure enough to sac Romo. We got him to hurry throws, and that did work out for the better. Not a bad job.
5.DT: Again, Mccargo has stepped up. He made some big plays, getting upfield and making plays in the backfield. Aswell as getting a good pash rush. Good job by the DT.
6. DB: GREAT JOB. I dont think I have seen such a good job from Buffalo DB's in a long time. They didnt give up the deep ball, they held T.O in tact. Not bad on Witten. Like I said before, they are taking a bend but dont break view, and it is working.

Overall, I like what I saw from the Bills. I didnt expect the Bills to get blown out as I said before, but I also didnt expect the defense to make plays like they did. Buffalo is a young team, rookie QB, rookie RB, a bunch of second rate WR, a scrub-filled defense with several starters on the IR, and they manage to hang with the "supposed" #3 team in the league.

The BUZZ is back in Buffalo. They will continue to get better, and looking at the schedule right now I think they could win the next 4 games in Baltimore, NY Jets, Cincinatti and Miami, and right there we're back to 5-5 and in Wild Card contention. I like this team, and I dont really blame any one person for the loss, there were alot of plays that they could've made on both sides of the ball even ST that could've won the game.

The bend but dont break scheme for the defense looks like ite working. The offense is beginning to come together and will only get better. I am proud of this team right now, and I feel good for them. Even tho we lost that type of game, the BUZZ is back, and I think they will continue to get the support that they got last night. I dont think Ive seen a game like that in Buffalo. The Bills are back!!!!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio