Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio
If we ever bench Greer again I will flip. Nobody has shown more than him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greer was awesome last night. Digorgio looks decent, but not as good as Poz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

greer proved me wrong

Hargrove is our only (aside from mccargo) player who gets pressure

losing brad butler hurts
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

Quote:
I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio
I think Greer is showing that he cornerback situation is not as dire as everyone thought. He will not be a free agent until 2009 and his contract should be renegotiated prior to that since McGee is a UFA in 2010. DiGiogio plays hard but is small and I saw him get pushed backwards significantly after he made contact a few times. I do not think he will be perused but if he does leave, he could be replaced with a more stout LB thru the draft. I like his attitude though.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.
Ya I had no voice today. Man I split time between section 236 and 112 and man was the club seats better. I just met Lee Evans and George Wilson at Lee Evans radio show. Man Wilson is such a nice guy. Hes stoked about switcing to safety to.

The game was unbillevable. I think the fans see it and the buzz is back, Buffalo proved that they can bang with the #3 team in the league. Regardless, great job.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the emergence of Greer can bump CB back to a 3rd round need now. I'd say our biggest needs are WR, OLB, DL in that order
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?
Well, if you ask me, John Mccargo has been one of the most consistent DT in the league up to this point. Quote me on it if you want. But that is how I feel. He is getting a good push up field and making plays in the backfield.

As for Greer, I like what Ive seen. Like I said about Moss, if Greer was a few inches taller, Moss wouldn't have had half the yards. And with a slightly smaller T.O, Greer held im in check.

As of now, I would like to keep both. I think Mccargo is living up to the 1st round status and you will continue to see it.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles
Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to DT its better to measure them by how many players it takes to block them, if you look at Haloti Ngata's stats you'd say he was a bad 1st rd pick, but if you watch him on gameday it takes 2 sometimes 3 guys to block him allowing others to make plays. I haven't seen much of McCargo but if that is what he is doing then he is a successful DT.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles
He is doing a good job IMO.. he is showing a much better understanding and ability this year. But hey you cant have only one quality DT on the roster and be succesfull

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've seen, McCargo has looked great; likely the highlight of the defensive line so far this season. Granted the defensive line as a whole wore down a bit against Dallas and wasn't getting the pressure they were producing in the first half, thanks to the offense's inability to sustain drives.

I still think the Bills could draft Glenn Dorsey and pair those two young studs inside their Tampa 2 scheme, much like Tampa paired Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland (both 1st round picks) in the Bucs defense's heyday. Both are excellent fits for the defense, being able to pressure the pocket and play the run.

In all honesty, I don't think Larry Tripplett has played as well as he did in his contract year with a very good Colts defense in 2005, which is unfortunate. I don't blame the Bills for signing him and even don't think the signing itself was awful, the contract wasn't that big and Tripps immediately gave the Bills a veteran 3-tech tackle who was experienced in the scheme they were trying to install in an offseason with a new staff. He hasn't been a bum, but the Bills probably need more or could serve themselves well if they brought in an franchise upgrade like Dorsey.

I like Kyle Williams though, a lunchpail guy who plays hard with every down. He's a very good guy to rotate in imo. Tim Anderson is also currently on the roster.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I think more and more people are going to realize that the Bills are in fact the second-best team in the East. Both the Dolphins and the Jets are worse, even despite the Bills' numerous injuries, and both will be on the clock in April before the Bills will.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCargo has been impressive. He consistently gets into the opposition's backfield. Hopefully he continues to get better

Greer is amazing me more and more each game. Maybe we have our #2 CB?...

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Well, if you ask me, John Mccargo has been one of the most consistent DT in the league up to this point. Quote me on it if you want. But that is how I feel. He is getting a good push up field and making plays in the backfield.

As for Greer, I like what Ive seen. Like I said about Moss, if Greer was a few inches taller, Moss wouldn't have had half the yards. And with a slightly smaller T.O, Greer held im in check.

As of now, I would like to keep both. I think Mccargo is living up to the 1st round status and you will continue to see it.
Don't get me wrong McCargo has been great and I still think DT is a need but I'm just pondering if we can wait until the 2nd to draft someone like Dre Moore.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

How much longer and for how much is Tripplett locked up for? He hasn't been impressive at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I am convinced if we end up picking in the 5-10 range we need to draft Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma if he declares. The guy is a complete beast and would solve our red zone issues.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the guy is a complete beast wouldnt there be no doubt that he would declare
Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am convinced if we end up picking in the 5-10 range we need to draft Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma if he declares. The guy is a complete beast and would solve our red zone issues.
The more I think about it I like him too as well as Addarious Bowman. Now that Ive heard what happened to Limas Sweed, he wont be taken until,im thinking after the 2nd round.

But I would say right now, Addarious Bowman and Malcolm Kelly are 1-2 in my books.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
The more I think about it I like him too as well as Addarious Bowman. Now that Ive heard what happened to Limas Sweed, he wont be taken until,im thinking after the 2nd round.

But I would say right now, Addarious Bowman and Malcolm Kelly are 1-2 in my books.
Adarious Bowman isn't nearly as good of a prospect as Malcolm Kelly is in my opinion.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
if the guy is a complete beast wouldnt there be no doubt that he would declare
He might want to win a championship next year if they dont this year
Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Adarious Bowman isn't nearly as good of a prospect as Malcolm Kelly is in my opinion.
Kelly is faster by a fair margine i think.. but bowman will be a very good player in this league

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Guys I dont know if it is the crisp, cool breeze from the sky or if it's the music i listen to as I drive by the Ralph everyday, but dam I feel good about this team. I think we can be 5-4 after the next 4 games, and still be in Wild card contention.
I was pretty upset after losing on MNF, but my dad (one of the biggest football fans, who surprised me with this) was very optimisitc with hwat he said. He was happy to see the city doing well in supporting the team and seeing the fans going that nuts for football reminded him of the days of the early 90's. This is all true. He continued to talk about the team, and I am going to reittereate some points now.
The defense is young, very young and inexperienced. Yet they are a bunch of blue collared athletes willing to fight for every play. If you ask me, thats Buffalo. That represents the city. This defense held up very well against the #3 offense in the league. Completely shut down the run game, and picked Romo off 5 times. Once we get guys back, maybe not this year, but even next year, we will be even better, with even better depth.
The offense was not surprising. The run game was about the same as it has been throughout the season. The OL had another big test, and held up for pretty well. Trent Edwards is young and inexperienced. He did not have any weapons or an OL infront of him at Stanford, and now he has it better in Buffalo. He is learning, and is going through the process just like every other good QB went through.

Lastly, the Buffalo Bills and Dick Jauron are fine. I do not want them to fire him. I was sick of getting these coaches who have never been anything more than an OC or DC. We finally got a HC who has won before. Now, everyone may be upset at the moment, but dont worry. Every coach/team goes through its rough spots before winning. It wasnt that long ago that NE had the #1 overall pick. Oakland made it to the SB and has been nothing since. Dick Jauron had that amazing run with the Bears, then they went soft for a while. Indianapolis was garbage with Manning his first few years. You see, we're building on something right now. Its gonna be special. The young core of guys who we have drafted, plus the OL additions for the next long while will mold together. Not to mention Trent Edwards further developing to become even better. I like Jauron, I like Marv and I like the job they are doing. If the continue to do what they are doing, this will be a team that contends for the Super Bowl within 5 years. Mark my words. Im feeling good about this team. If we keep Edwards in there, we may fall just short of the playoffs, like last year but better. If we go wth Losman, it just to groom Edwards and let him take his learning curves.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

As long as we win enough games to keep us out of the top 8 picks I'll be happy. That way we have a ton more options in the 1st round. Also does anyone think we go with an Arizona split QB offense the rest of the year?