Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I'm likely to be at McFadden's tomorrow for preseason Bills Action dapper in my Moorman jersey.

At least NYC is accomodating...
do u go there a lot.....I am there every weekend of the regular season. I go to Calico Jacks tho because I am not of age. Calico's is actually a sweet bar during the week in general.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?
He's a good nickel back but thats about it
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
He's a good nickel back but thats about it
Well that is exactlly what we need. McDonald and Wright are going to be our starters and we need someone to bring in who is willing to be just the nickel.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.
I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(
haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.

urghhh, how long will Walker be out for?
I heard his arm injury is really bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be just about the worst possible guy to lose right now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

X rays were negative.....thats good. But I agree Mcgee. Not only do we lose a very good player, we lose our leverage with Peters. This could be horrible. We just have to wait and see.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?
depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.
Are Murphy and Chambers more of a liability in the run blocking or pass protection?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well first of all, Matt Murphy has a torn rotator cuff. He could opt of surgery now due to how thin we are and how he's feeling in the coming days, but it's not the best situation with him either and his season very well might be over already. It's his first year playing tackle, as well, as he is a converted tight end.
Chambers has looked good in pass protection in this preseason but was far from impressive in his time last year. Bell was a 7th round project that is progressing quicker than expected, but is hardly a desirable starter, or even top backup really. Murphy is a big question mark, I'd think he's the last option anyway. It's a bad situation, we haven't seen much of any of these guys. If it ended up being Bell and Chambers, I think the run blocking would be a bigger dropoff but the line as a whole would go to hell, nothing would be well protected. We'd actually get absolutely destroyed on pass rush from the left side, I'm sure. We'd honestly be really bad in every facet, I don't even want ot think about it. Our best remaining linemen in that scenario (Dockery and Butler) would be flanked on both sides by weak linemen.
Of course, we don't know for sure when we'll have Peters or Walker. Please be back soon. We can live with Chambers at RT for a little while, assuming its not one of our projects on the left side.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 08-24-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Peters with report soon. He's not going to get more from the money poor Bills and they won't trade him. Holdouts are just normal but holdouts into the season are extremely rare so I think he reports as soon as the preseason ends. Worst case scenerio now is we won't have a shot at keeping him when he becomes a FA. He'll be gone for sure.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !
Bell will more likely be a reserve OG for the Bills or perhaps a starter but not at LT.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 08-26-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just waiting to wake up and do my daily check on PFT and see the whole Peters thing is cleared up.....

Bell looked good when I saw him at training camp...... I dont think he will be terrible....

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think Rian Lindell will lead the league in FGs this year? I see the Bills having trouble in the Red Zone even with the addition of James Hardy because Trent Edwards has trouble throwing the fade route.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.
Yeah I know..... I have a very high level of confidence when he goes to make a field goal. Has anyone seen him in person? He is a pretty big dude, especially for a kicker.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I agree. He's one of the most underrated kickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

So does anyone think there will be surprises for cuts?

Who do you think will make the team? Justin Jenkins or Steve Johnson?

I hope Steve Johnson make it.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 08-28-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.
I think last nights' performance may have solidified a spot for Steve Johnson on the team.

Also, I have not be impressed in the least bit with Dwayne Wright. He's fumbled and doesnt seem to have a good AVG.

Well here we are for RB:

Lynch
Jackson
Wright
Omon
Barnes
--------------

I think that is who we are keeping for RB/FB.